Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

#822630 Dec 15, 2012
OldRaider wrote:
Unless we are ready to be a nation of vegetarians, "reasonable" hunting weapons should not be banned. It is no more ethically defensible to let someone kill an animal for us than killing the animal ourselves. There are legitimate arguments on both sides regarding the humanity in the way in which the animal is killed but that's a debate for another time.
That being said, the weapon may be a bow, guns aren't necessary to hunt.
And, the argument regarding the 2nd Amendment provision to arm a militia to protect us from our government is moot. We might as well use rocks against the weapons that the government arsenal has in it.
I'd be much happier in a world without guns, ban them all.
I'd be much happier in a world without Muslims. Ban them all too.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#822631 Dec 15, 2012
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>It will be the undoing of his presidency , the catalyst to revolution you might say , he had better tread lightly on this one this very well may be his waterloo.
Actually,it cast the right in a bad light as defenders of all types of guns for all people, at all times, in all places.

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#822632 Dec 15, 2012
Lily,

"Paradoxically though it may seem, art imitates life far more tham life imitates art"

Oscar Wilde
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

#822633 Dec 15, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't see the President address the American people yesterday on this subject? That brought him and millions of Americans to tears?
Must have been that "bump" you got on your head. gfy dummie
You fell for the "fake tears" scam while he read his "heartfelt" statements from a piece of paper that one of his junior staffers wrote? He couldn't give a rat's ass about those children just like he doesn't give a rat's ass about the children he murders on a daily basis with his drones. He only sees this as a possible way to take away more of our rights. You're a bigger sucker than most Obama supporters.

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#822634 Dec 15, 2012
Lily,
I mean exactly what I say.
He was a copycat killer with learned hatered, primarily from the mass media.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#822636 Dec 15, 2012
Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
They said prove it.
The video was staged by Breitbart.
That' BS.
Fenris the Archangel

United States

#822637 Dec 15, 2012
Which weasel shooter are you guys talking about today? The failed loser in Portland, or the succesful loser in Conneticut? Both video game playing, "generation zero" goth losers carrying out their unspeakable evil in unarmed blue States? Hmmmmph. You guys love to spend other people's money. Mandate two qualifed staff members secretly armed in each school, and the risk is greatly diminished.

Duh...
sonicfilter

Noblesville, IN

#822638 Dec 15, 2012
Ipsos/Reuters Poll: Gun Rights & Regulations

Americans are broadly supportive of restrictions or regulations on gun ownership.

Only 6% say there should be no or very few restrictions on gun ownership.
62% oppose allowing people to bring a firearm into a church, workplace or retail establishment.
91% support background checks for gun purchasers.
69% support limiting the number of guns a person could purchase in a given time frame.
74% support laws limiting the sale of automatic weapons.

However, Americans are also broadly supportive of a number of pro-gun laws including:

Majorities support concealed carry laws and allowing the use of deadly force, both in homes and public places.

Framing this discussion, Americans remain concerned with crime and are concerned about what is to be done about it.

Almost half of Americans think crime rates are going up in their communities.
Significant majorities do not think police can stop all crime from happening
As a consequence, large majorities believe regular people need to step up to prevent crimes (leading to the Trayvon Martin incident).

http://www.ipsos-na.com/news-polls/pressrelea...
Fenris the Archangel

United States

#822639 Dec 15, 2012
Impeach Obama wrote:
<quoted text>I'd be much happier in a world without Muslims. Ban them all too.
Add the word "extremist" to the end of "Muslim", and I'm down...
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#822640 Dec 15, 2012
Obama haters also seem to hate children

We’ve endured too many of these tragedies in the past few years. And each time I learn the news I react not as a President, but as anybody else would -- as a parent. And that was especially true today. I know there’s not a parent in America who doesn’t feel the same overwhelming grief that I do.

The majority of those who died today were children -- beautiful little kids between the ages of 5 and 10 years old. They had their entire lives ahead of them -- birthdays, graduations, weddings, kids of their own. Among the fallen were also teachers -- men and women who devoted their lives to helping our children fulfill their dreams.

So our hearts are broken today -- for the parents and grandparents, sisters and brothers of these little children, and for the families of the adults who were lost. Our hearts are broken for the parents of the survivors as well, for as blessed as they are to have their children home tonight, they know that their children’s innocence has been torn away from them too early, and there are no words that will ease their pain.

As a country, we have been through this too many times. Whether it’s an elementary school in Newtown, or a shopping mall in Oregon, or a temple in Wisconsin, or a movie theater in Aurora, or a street corner in Chicago -- these neighborhoods are our neighborhoods, and these children are our children. And we’re going to have to come together and take meaningful action to prevent more tragedies like this, regardless of the politics.

This evening, Michelle and I will do what I know every parent in America will do, which is hug our children a little tighter and we’ll tell them that we love them, and we’ll remind each other how deeply we love one another. But there are families in Connecticut who cannot do that tonight. And they need all of us right now. In the hard days to come, that community needs us to be at our best as Americans. And I will do everything in my power as President to help.

Because while nothing can fill the space of a lost child or loved one, all of us can extend a hand to those in need -- to remind them that we are there for them, that we are praying for them, that the love they felt for those they lost endures not just in their memories but also in ours.

May God bless the memory of the victims and, in the words of Scripture, heal the brokenhearted and bind up their wounds.

President Obama
Fenris the Archangel

United States

#822641 Dec 15, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly the sort of mind-set it takes to use weapons against kindergarten kids. You do know the gubmint reads these forums, right? I hope they catch you before you carry out this plan.
:)
It's about TIME someone figured out "dem" from Chicago is pure evil, but then you always were a supersleuth....
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#822643 Dec 15, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually,it cast the right in a bad light as defenders of all types of guns for all people, at all times, in all places.
President Obama acts and the detractors post racist and illogical tripe.
Republicans on the side of the gun nuts.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#822644 Dec 15, 2012
loose cannon wrote:
Lily,
I mean exactly what I say.
He was a copycat killer with learned hatered, primarily from the mass media.
You don't know that. There have been limited comments about this boy,
autistic and personality disorder being two of them. The guns belonged to his mother who it has been reported was a gun collector. He grew up in an affluent community with caring educated parents. It has been reported that he was highly intelligent, honor roll student but a sort of geek and a loner.
There are many kids just like him out there; this is a horrible nightmare that there are no easy answers for. If she didn't have those guns, would he have been able to accomplish this on his own? Maybe yes; maybe no. Nevertheless an entire town and 28 families are destroyed, just before Christmas. What a horror.
Fenris the Archangel

United States

#822645 Dec 15, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
Gun Advocacy Group Responds:‘Gun Control Supporters Have The Blood Of Little Children On Their Hands’
http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/12/14/1...
how ignorant must you be to think that that sort of statement would help your cause?
Why not? If the leftists allowed two secretly armed & qualifed staff members in the school, we might not be having this conversation today.
Redguy

Palatka, FL

#822646 Dec 15, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! When was the last time you heard of a conservative guerrilla, or a right wing rebel? Here's how it works: People who change things are progressive - even if it takes violence (the founding fathers, for one example), then after some time the new establishment petrifies and starts romanticizing "the good old days" that never existed and blames the left for every bump and aberration. The right will always maintain that the woes and wrongs are none of their doing, and that the successes of new ideas that they absolutely would have opposed are their greatest achievements.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#822647 Dec 15, 2012
Redguy wrote:
<quoted text>
Clearly the guns they bought and sold were for hunting, target use and personal protection. They were just selling out of their private collection. As any good NRA spokesman would point out, many gun owners would cherish the ability to have 647 firearms, but few can afford to own them all at one time.
I highly doubt that the people who deal in guns like this give a damn what a person does with it. It's all about the money. And, they were cops! Cops were also busted in Texas selling drugs and taking money from the drug dealers.
It's all fun and games till your kid is murdered. Perhaps everyone should look at it from their eyes.
Fenris the Archangel

United States

#822648 Dec 15, 2012
OldRaider wrote:
Unless we are ready to be a nation of vegetarians, "reasonable" hunting weapons should not be banned. It is no more ethically defensible to let someone kill an animal for us than killing the animal ourselves. There are legitimate arguments on both sides regarding the humanity in the way in which the animal is killed but that's a debate for another time.
That being said, the weapon may be a bow, guns aren't necessary to hunt.
And, the argument regarding the 2nd Amendment provision to arm a militia to protect us from our government is moot. We might as well use rocks against the weapons that the government arsenal has in it.
I'd be much happier in a world without guns, ban them all.
Start by turning in yours, Pops. We cant have mental-defective, doddering old fools running around armed....
sonicfilter

Noblesville, IN

#822649 Dec 15, 2012
Why Most Mass Murderers Are Privileged White Men

"Every killer makes his pain another’s problem. But only those who’ve marinated in privilege can conclude that their private pain is the entire world’s problem with which to deal."

http://www.rolereboot.org/culture-and-politic...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#822650 Dec 15, 2012
What is your No. 1 priority on gun control?

Get a national conversation started on the subject

7% 525 votes

Loosen existing gun-control laws.

0% 40 votes

Keep existing gun-control laws about the way they are.

1% 69 votes

Pass more effective laws to keep guns out of the hands of dangerous, mentally unstable individuals.

16% 1134 votes

Outlaw high-capacity magazines for semi-automatic handguns and rifles.

14% 1015 votes

Restore the ban on private possession of semi-automatic civilian versions of military assault rifles.

22% 1534 votes

Ban private possession of semi-automatic handguns.

8% 568 votes

Ban private possession of all modern handguns.

3% 212 votes

Ban possession of all handguns.

6% 424 votes

A gun for every teacher and principal.

1% 78 votes

Repeal the 2nd Amendment.

12% 874 votes

I don't know

3% 248 votes

Other

1% 102 votes

6826 votes
Fenris the Archangel

United States

#822651 Dec 15, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know that. There have been limited comments about this boy,
autistic and personality disorder being two of them. The guns belonged to his mother who it has been reported was a gun collector. He grew up in an affluent community with caring educated parents. It has been reported that he was highly intelligent, honor roll student but a sort of geek and a loner.
There are many kids just like him out there; this is a horrible nightmare that there are no easy answers for. If she didn't have those guns, would he have been able to accomplish this on his own? Maybe yes; maybe no. Nevertheless an entire town and 28 families are destroyed, just before Christmas. What a horror.
A video-game playing, non-athletic (or "anything) participating, fantasy world weasel failure from generation zero. A lot more where that came from. Keep buying your reject children those phones & playstations folks.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 min ritedownthemiddle 46,828
Abby 9-22 31 min edogxxx 6
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 52 min boundary painter 624
Word (Dec '08) 53 min boundary painter 4,736
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Cali Girl 2014 49,931
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 1 hr boundary painter 325
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr boundary painter 4,723
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr loose cannon 178,203
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr Donna WG 98,248
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE