Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1264201 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Redguy

Palatka, FL

#822681 Dec 15, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't understand why Americans are against their fellow Americans at all. They've been brainwashed to hate the poor, the disadvantaged, teachers, unions...the list keeps growing.
Till their own kid or other loved one is murdered, or raped, or fired...
Rick Scott will not create the insurance exchanges to implement Obamacare; now the Federal Government will do so. Oh well. He's a goner anyway.
Scott and Snyder are just further proof that venture capitalists should not take leading roles in government.
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

#822682 Dec 15, 2012
The young many simply had an adverse reaction to the preservatives and sugar that was in his lunch. This tragedy falls squarely on the shoulders of the fast-food industry.
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

#822683 Dec 15, 2012
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Like when John McCain called ambassador Rice stupid?
So? She is stupid and she's a liar too.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#822684 Dec 15, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
So why do you think these shootings happen here more than there?
American Exceptionalism?

I don't know, I have some things that I consider. This has been a fringe subject here thus far.

I'd like to pose the following to the group:

Mental health law changed in the 70's, used to be easier to put dangerous people away and keep them there; not anymore. Coincidentally, that's about when these incidents started occurring.

Thoughts?(for once can we maybe just discuss an issue without trying to leverage this incident against either liberals or conservatives?)
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#822685 Dec 15, 2012
Fenris the Archangel wrote:
<quoted text>
The most important change would actually be removing from the bench ALL liberal judges. As you will soon see, there are adequate warnng signs in most cases that would negate these psychotic mass killers from owning a gun (yet they are ignored). The laws are already on the books. In fact, making gun purchasers (and all public-assistance recipients) subject to mandatory drug testing would be a reasonable restriction......
He didn't own a gun, they were his mothers.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#822686 Dec 15, 2012
<quoted text>
If the killer was named Mohammed, he'd be a terrorist. If the killer was Hispanic, he'd be an illegal drug dealer, if the killer was black, oh well, what else can one expect from blacks?
But it's only the whites who have an excuse for murder, they are investigated and found to be suffering from mental illness, depression, medication etc. It's the way it is.
People are astounded; how could this happen in an affluent all white community in Conn.? Mental illness affects millions of people, there are many more Adams around than people realize, no one knows when they may snap. No easy solutions.
Gee Whiz, I know two people named Mohammed, neither are terrorists, I know plenty of Hispanics, none of which are drug dealers. I know plenty of Black people, not a one is a drug dealer or terrorist. So your screed is shallow. Could it be the lieberal teaching in public skool, is be to blame? Hell no, never blame lieberal thinking....
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

#822687 Dec 15, 2012
The young many simply had an adverse reaction to a vaccine he received as a child. This tragedy falls squarely on the shoulders of the giant pharmaceutical corporations.
Nj raider 1

United States

#822688 Dec 15, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Monsters become monsters because they allow themselves to become a product of their environment. A better environment doesn't necessarily guarantee better people. There are good people who come from horrible environments and bad people who come from great environments.
Roses can grow from cracks in the sidewalks.
Snakes infiltrate Paradise.
It comes down to personal responsibility. Teach the core components of personal responsibility to every child, teach them to think for themselves, teach them that Life has value way beyond the XFactor and Modern Family, teach them to teach themselves. Do this and Paradise gets fertilized.
I recently watched an interview with a man who has become a world renowned architect. He came from Lebanon at the age of eight where hate and gunpowder cheapen Life to near zero. He and his father were hit with shrapnel from an explosion dropping into their living room. They immigrated to the West with only the clothes on their backs. He is now worth millions. He values the non-material things here in the West. Very much. He has a reverence for Life and is disgusted with materialism. He was taught and self-taught.
Maybe we, too, can find something rising from the ashes.
But you won't find anything if you are not looking and don't know what to look for in the first place.
Heart touching story bout the guy from lebanon. Also I understand the message you were sending, but to ignore the facts & statistics of life is to lie ones self like romney in the election. It's only common sense that ones environment has a huge affect on their outcome whether good or bad. If we choose to continue to treat our environment as an excuse & not a reason, we will continue to get the same results. We need to look deeper into what were the factors that makes 2 kids from the same environment go in opposite directions. I'm no psychologist, but growing up next door to true struggle in the projects of South Jersey, I watched 3 bros raised in the same hell hole go in 3 different directions (1 a marine, 2nd drug addicted, & 3rd drug dealer now in prison). Like I said, I'm no psychologist, but it don't take a scientist to understand that there is science behind it. The only way for those not raised in that environment to be able to study & assess the topic at hand, one must subjugate themselves to that environment. This is not one of those situations where you can give an outside in aspect. It dont fit into the equation! You have to truly understand struggle & pain!
GOPidiots

Hollywood, FL

#822689 Dec 15, 2012
<quoted text>
The most important change would actually be removing from the bench ALL liberal judges. As you will soon see, there are adequate warnng signs in most cases that would negate these psychotic mass killers from owning a gun (yet they are ignored). The laws are already on the books. In fact, making gun purchasers (and all public-assistance recipients) subject to mandatory drug testing would be a reasonable restriction......
We already implemented mandatory drug testing for welfare recipients in FL. The results, after spending millions?
2% tested positive.
Nice try, stay stupid.

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#822690 Dec 15, 2012
Lily,
Gangsta Rap promotes crime, violence, profanity, homophobia, racism, promiscuity, misogeny, alcoholism, rape, steet gangs, drive-by shootings, vandalism, burglary, thievery, drug dealing, substance abuse and materialism.
loose

Location hidden

#822691 Dec 15, 2012
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, we have 300 million guns here, for one. And, before you go off on the various other means of killing someone; it's easier and less personal with guns
Nearly every household in Switzerland has a gun, many are full-auto capable military assault rifles. Don't know of any similar incidences there.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#822692 Dec 15, 2012
<quoted text>
I don't understand why Americans are against their fellow Americans at all. They've been brainwashed to hate the poor, the disadvantaged, teachers, unions...the list keeps growing.
Till their own kid or other loved one is murdered, or raped, or fired...
Rick Scott will not create the insurance exchanges to implement Obamacare; now the Federal Government will do so. Oh well. He's a goner anyway.
Mary Fallin won't create the exchanges either, as if that will stop the Federal government from doing so. She'll be re-elected at least 2 more times.

GAAAHHH.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#822693 Dec 15, 2012
Impeach Obama wrote:
<quoted text>Forget trying to analyze this person and all the psychobabble. He was just a pencil-neck geek who couldn't get laid.
Yes. He was just like you. Check into the nearest mental hospital as soon as possible.

Your hatred for your fellow citizens has been evident for months, even this morning you lashed out at muslims, blacks, any target for your immature hatred based on your being an abject failure in life.

Based on your record here, with your lies about having been a Navy veteran and the rest of your unbridled hatrerd and ignorance, you're just as much a sociopath as this kid was. Hopefully, you'll just shoot yourself, and leave others alone.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#822694 Dec 15, 2012
Redguy wrote:
<quoted text>
"Infested with Democrats?"
So you think that street thugs, drug dealers and Grand Theft Auto playing losers are posses of Democrat activists? What planet are you from? 90% of the country's citizens can't even tell you who their senators are.
Did you notice that many of the 10 states where gun deaths outnumber vehicular deaths are primarily low population white states? Does your "argument" hold for Alaska, Nevada, Utah, Oregon, Washington? So which is it, are white guys better drivers or better shots?
My statement is that guns are machines, and anybody who has any inkling of design understand the most basic tenet - form follows function. When you LOOOVE your machines, you have crossed over to the Twilight Zone, my friend.
Your argument that a ban on extraordinary and military firearms is the gateway to outlawing all guns is the fear mongering nonsense straight from the NRA playbook. That's like saying everybody who has gotten drunk or high is going to end up shooting meth.
Speaking of meth, watched a documentary on meth in Montana. There are no blacks or minorities there. It's pure ignorance to place the blame on any one group.
Agree that many people don't know who their elected officials are, nor do they even participate in politics, let alone give a damn. They're on the streets hustling for their money, junkies out hustling for their next hit.
Machines such as guns and cars make the inadequate feel powerful.
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

#822695 Dec 15, 2012
Time to make the doughnuts. As always, leftist phags GFY........
Are you posting the calorie content and ingredients of those doughnuts in a conspicuous place as required by Obamacare?
GOPidiots

Hollywood, FL

#822696 Dec 15, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
American Exceptionalism?
I don't know, I have some things that I consider. This has been a fringe subject here thus far.
I'd like to pose the following to the group:
Mental health law changed in the 70's, used to be easier to put dangerous people away and keep them there; not anymore. Coincidentally, that's about when these incidents started occurring.
Thoughts?(for once can we maybe just discuss an issue without trying to leverage this incident against either liberals or conservatives?)
I was living in CA during the 80's when Ronnie cut funds for mental health facilities. Nutballs pushing shopping carts started popping up everywhere. I think that trend continued through Dem and GOP administrations.
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

#822697 Dec 15, 2012
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>Gee Whiz, I know two people named Mohammed, neither are terrorists, I know plenty of Hispanics, none of which are drug dealers. I know plenty of Black people, not a one is a drug dealer or terrorist. So your screed is shallow. Could it be the lieberal teaching in public skool, is be to blame? Hell no, never blame lieberal thinking....
I know a guy named Hussein Obama. He IS a terrorist. He uses unmanned drones to murder scores of children on a daily basis.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#822698 Dec 15, 2012
Impeach Obama wrote:
<quoted text>So? She is stupid and she's a liar too.
She's a Rhodes scholar, a graduate of Stanford. McCain made a fool of himself; but wasn't he a C student?

Location hidden

#822699 Dec 15, 2012
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"silly"
I treat you with respect when I direct a post to you, thou often I disagree with what you post. Cut the BS, point out a lie in my post. Just one lie.
Peace
Fck, that almost made me laugh out loud!

"I treat you with respect".

What a fuggin moron.
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

#822700 Dec 15, 2012
loose cannon wrote:
Lily,
Gangsta Rap promotes crime, violence, profanity, homophobia, racism, promiscuity, misogeny, alcoholism, rape, steet gangs, drive-by shootings, vandalism, burglary, thievery, drug dealing, substance abuse and materialism.
loose
So does country music.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr Dr Guru 194,661
News Lollapalooza day two marked by angst, apathy-an... 3 hr RappersRTHUGS 3
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr budd 54,342
Please SUBSCRIBE to my YOUTUBE channel for awes... 12 hr The Cloud 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 13 hr CrunchyBacon 100,287
News Fatal heat wave 20 years ago changed Chicago's ... 16 hr No8isClassic 8
Can't these people do better? 16 hr Magonigol 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages