Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#822373 Dec 14, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>It's not the weapon of choice that matters. It's the mind-set which allows humans to reverse evolution, and become reptilian predators, with enormous brain capacity, but no will to use it for anything other than building better killing machines. Why are there so many monsters? That's what we need to know - not what their names are, but how they got to be that way.
JMO
the weapon just allows them to pad their personal stats, greatly
carol

Orlando, FL

#822374 Dec 14, 2012
Itiswhatitis wrote:
Someday, and I pray I live long enough to see it, Humans will evolve to be all that we are and was meant to be. Yes, it is a new day in America. Educating the white man has been and continues to be a challenge but we will either educate the vast majority of them or they will perish. Either way, the "spirit" will be what it was designed to be with or without them. Only love can conquer hate, on this most nations of the world will agree. But hate is no easy demon to fight but it can be "checked." There is a time, a season, a place for everything under the sun as our brother Solomon so eloquently wrote in the songs of Solomon many years ago. Once such time has arrived for sure...the fall of the white man in America and thus...the world. Justice will always prevail. That's a fact. White men, it is time for you to go or submit to the truth. That being, recognizing the fact that you are NOT superior to any man. That's why you Lost the last two elections. You legacy of violence, hatred, division, and lies is but a memory now. A reminder of why we must move forward, why President Obama was chosen to lead for 4 more years! Face it! Times have changed and will continue to. Learn the meaning of PEACE and practice it first, among yourselves then spread some of the joy you'll get from it round the world. Stop the hatred...the finger pointing... the lies. Fix what's wrong with YOU which is a tremendous feat in itself before you point out flaws in your brothers. YOU are far from perfect. Amen? Donate some of that ill gotten money to fixing yourselves. Stop occupying foreign lands spreading your wicked ideologies and mass confusion. Spend quality time seeking truth. We the people of the world have grown tired of you and your lack of true knowledge of humanity. Where is your soul?
"Fix what's wrong with YOU which is a tremendous feat in itself before you point out flaws in your brothers."

Perhaps you should practice what you preach?

Location hidden

#822375 Dec 14, 2012
Fenris the Archangel wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not what my sister said.
she's smart

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#822376 Dec 14, 2012
ole_47 wrote:
<quoted text>
Move to Colorado, smoke a kilo of pot and STFU....
I don't smoke pot so STFU.

Location hidden

#822377 Dec 14, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Just when nobody thought you could get any more retarded ...
ed's a bit amped up tonight...safe to say none of those poor murdered children were related to him

Location hidden

#822378 Dec 14, 2012
<quoted text>Just affirms my belief that the weapon of choice has no bearing on WHY this sort of stuff is becoming more prevalent. Is it just that there are more of us, and therefore more evil people to go around? Or is society breeding more than the 'normal' number of them? Or, and this is my fear, has our society made a sort of ghoulish hero out of them?
I think your last point may have some relevancy here much as I loathe the idea of attributing it to TV or movies or such. Doesn't really answer the question of why it doesn't happen in countries that have access to the same media that we do.

Just want to put this out there:

We like to romanticize those that populated this country as pioneers, opportunity seekers and such. Said differently it was populated by people who couldn't make it in their homeland so they headed out ...

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#822379 Dec 14, 2012
THE DEBIL wrote:
<quoted text>
I ASSUME YOU'RE BEING IRONIC? IS IT JUST ME OR IS EVERYBODY ELSE STONED TOO?
Somehow, I doubt he recognizes the irony in his post. No comment on your question at large however...

:)
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#822380 Dec 14, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Just when nobody thought you could get any more retarded ...
Is it the Kookoohokuo beer or the creamed chipped beef on toast?

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#822381 Dec 14, 2012
flack wrote:
As I get ready to leave I want to say my thoughts are with those lost, left behind, and morning.
Oh! One other thing. I noticed when the president was talking the lost children's future he mentioned graduation, marriage, and future children. Along with a few other things. But he didn't mention Christmas. Now I wonder why, especially this time of year he wouldn't mention that? Just seemed curious to me.
It would have been inappropriate - who wants to think about celebrating the birth of one child amid the deaths of so many others? I didn't find it curious at all.

But then, I'm not hung up on religion, either.
I do find myself clinging to my guns lately though...
carol

Orlando, FL

#822382 Dec 14, 2012
Raminar Dixon wrote:
<quoted text>so you hate fenris is what you're saying
No, not saying that either. There's plenty of shortcomings to go around.

I'm simply praying we find our way again and heed God's word through men he inspired to write them:

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Location hidden

#822383 Dec 14, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate what is happening to this country.
I hate that we don't recognize character.
I hate that we don't respect what is right and good but glorify and excuse the basest of human behavior.
I hate deception and derisiveness for political and personal gain.
I hate that government is taking the place of God to meet all our needs.
I hate that we are becoming an arrogant and self-serving people.
I don't hate Obama. He just exemplifies all these things.
I don't hate the sinner, just the sin.
You needed to have a look in the mirror before making that list Ms. Divisive Lying Deceiver. I guess you didn't mention "sanctimonious" so you're off the hook for that one.

Don't be coy, you know it.

Jesus must be proud.

So does everybody else.

Location hidden

#822384 Dec 14, 2012
<quoted text>It's not the weapon of choice that matters. It's the mind-set which allows humans to reverse evolution, and become reptilian predators, with enormous brain capacity, but no will to use it for anything other than building better killing machines. Why are there so many monsters? That's what we need to know - not what their names are, but how they got to be that way.
JMO
Our government teaches us that killing people is ok, especially people that are "different" than you.

Location hidden

#822385 Dec 14, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
"Fix what's wrong with YOU which is a tremendous feat in itself before you point out flaws in your brothers."
Perhaps you should practice what you preach?
Oh the irony!
Fenris the Archangel

United States

#822386 Dec 14, 2012
<quoted text>It would have been inappropriate - who wants to think about celebrating the birth of one child amid the deaths of so many others? I didn't find it curious at all.

But then, I'm not hung up on religion, either.
I do find myself clinging to my guns lately though...
You leftist goop guzzler.

Location hidden

#822387 Dec 14, 2012
Raminar Dixon wrote:
<quoted text>ed's a bit amped up tonight...safe to say none of those poor murdered children were related to him
Safe to say Eed's still looking for the "any" key on his keyboard.
carol

Orlando, FL

#822388 Dec 14, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I think your last point may have some relevancy here much as I loathe the idea of attributing it to TV or movies or such. Doesn't really answer the question of why it doesn't happen in countries that have access to the same media that we do.
Just want to put this out there:
We like to romanticize those that populated this country as pioneers, opportunity seekers and such. Said differently it was populated by people who couldn't make it in their homeland so they headed out ...
Are American movies such as "Saw" widely shown in Europe and other countries?

Hollywood is partly responsible for numbing and desensitizing the young people in this country.

Location hidden

#822389 Dec 14, 2012
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it the Kookoohokuo beer or the creamed chipped beef on toast?
Potted meat ... definitely potted meat.
carol

Orlando, FL

#822390 Dec 14, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
You needed to have a look in the mirror before making that list Ms. Divisive Lying Deceiver. I guess you didn't mention "sanctimonious" so you're off the hook for that one.
Don't be coy, you know it.
Jesus must be proud.
So does everybody else.
If standing on the side of right is divisive, deceitful and sanctimonious, then so be it.

We are losing our way.

Location hidden

#822391 Dec 14, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Are American movies such as "Saw" widely shown in Europe and other countries?
Hollywood is partly responsible for numbing and desensitizing the young people in this country.
Yes, nearly every feature film made here gets shown around the world.

Saw:

Domestic gross $55 million, foreign gross $47 million
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/...

This means that more people probably saw it in foreign markets than here since US theater tickets tend to be considerably higher than foreign tickets.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#822392 Dec 14, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The unions consistently defend poor teachers and oppose any move to require performance standards.
Like those sucky ass teachers today who gave their lives to protect those 5 year olds?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min wojar 180,893
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 12 min litesong 48,579
EverGreen Belgrade 38 min Bozidar Jankovic 10
last post wins! (Apr '13) 1 hr Hatti_Hollerand 392
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Hatti_Hollerand 4,871
World's Best Photo Art 2 hr WOW 1
amerikkkan gov bans bakesales 2 hr hands on AR 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 9 hr primetime justice 98,694
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:01 pm PST

NFL 2:01PM
Shaun Phillips claimed by Indianapolis Colts
NBC Sports 2:31 PM
Kyle Fuller, Riley Reiff and Reggie Bush all questionable for Turkey Day
ESPN 2:35 PM
Cardinals' Bush: No 'fair shake' with Bears
NBC Sports 3:55 PM
Will Lions bad offense or Bears bad defense step up?
NBC Sports 4:15 PM
Washington benches RGIII, Colt McCoy to start