Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
759,461 - 759,480 of 1,084,066 Comments Last updated 7 min ago
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Homer was the first to make a joke about it.
Joke about what?
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

flack wrote:
<quoted text> When the economy finalizes it's collapsed it will get a lot worse.
An underlying fear, to be sure.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
It's harder to get a drivers license than a gun.
That's the problem.
The VA Tech killer bought guns legally. If it's spontaneous and the person wants to buy a gun, well, then a waiting period might save lives, unless he buys in on the street. Otherwise a premeditated killer will take the time to buy what he needs to commit his mass killing; like the Batman killer, the Colombine killers, the VA Tech killer...

What's the answer? No online sales of guns and ammo?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you call dem out? Wanna talk about azzholes.
I don't call people out 3rd party, I deal with them directly, I merely pointed out Flack because you were going after someone else.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with your point about anti depressant medications. But then there was that man in PA who killed his 7 year old in the car after trying to sell his guns at a gun store; it was an accident; many gun deaths caused by accidents, kids finding them etc.
I know gun laws don't solve the problem, but not much good comes from having one either beyond a false sense of security or thinking of your gun as the final solution to a problem.
People who leave a loaded gun where a child can reach it are responsible and should be held responsible. Gun safety and education should be prerequisite for owning a gun. Also, people should be required to use their gun regularly. People accidentally leave their kids in cars in the summer all the time.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

flack wrote:
My guess would be depression brought on by years of the bad economy. That and a lack of moral compass to guide the mentally strained. There have always been these situations going on but now you have the news media harping on all of them in an attack on the 2nd amendment. Don't swallow the snake oil.

I responded: The Bush legacy continues...

You idiots think that I was making a joke?

I have to say some of you people are really phucked up.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
a word i reserve for those who are in the minority who unreasonably think that their minority opinion is of the majority.
FOXbots. NRA members. The Right Wing Media. And so on......
...gays, hispanics, drug users
Cardinal of the Kremlin

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

There is always one in the mix I love my heritage and what our people fought for in the past and I will never forget it. African American history is important folks and please teach your kids as much as possible. Never take that for granted. The struggle was beyond awful for our ancestors !!!

Iím black and probably mixed with a bunch of other shat too, But I stand by and represent my black heritage ONLY
BIGOTRY 101 it's okay for one group to think like this another is racists IGNORANCE is disguised as PRIDE KKK modern day jim crow mentality
Fenris the Archangel

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoever thought it was a good idea for children to have video games where they shoot people in order to win needs to be arrested and sent to a deserted island somewhere in the Pacific.
We stopped caring about our children a long time ago - OUR future. Now they've stopped caring.
For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind. Hosea 8:7
Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
Galatians 6:7
I've never Fathered any kids but have dated many different single Moms, and I NEVER allow video games in my home. I destroyed a copy of "Grand Theft Auto" once when it was smuggled in. Despicable...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

I give up. I've been giving you rightwingers too much credit, some of you truly are complete idiots.
voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

arm teachers

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
I've seen him blame liberals for focusing on the guns. If he's blaming liberals for the shooting itself, he'd be wrong.
Actually What I'm blaming are the liberal policies that leave these twenty something no real world solutions to reality. The 'no one loses' mentality is what is behind most of these things. Children are being raised without the ability to cope with the real world. So where do they turn? Movies and video games. That becomes their reality. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out! How far out there must a person be to turn a gun on a room full of 5 year olds?

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I don't call people out 3rd party, I deal with them directly, I merely pointed out Flack because you were going after someone else.
Oh...so you'll be blowing (virtually) dem directly? I knew you didn't have character.
RUSH10ME

Chase City, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
You a tough hillbilly huh?
Come on, chum bucket.
You feeling lucky punk?
Dem just crawl away you waste of life .
Gunner

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Fenris the Archangel wrote:
<quoted text>I've never Fathered any kids but have dated many different single Moms, and I NEVER allow video games in my home. I destroyed a copy of "Grand Theft Auto" once when it was smuggled in. Despicable...
Homo!!!!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoever thought it was a good idea for children to have video games where they shoot people in order to win needs to be arrested and sent to a deserted island somewhere in the Pacific.
We stopped caring about our children a long time ago - OUR future. Now they've stopped caring.
For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind. Hosea 8:7
Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
Galatians 6:7
We sent 18 years olds into Iraq to kill people.
Fenris the Archangel

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit. We borrow money for less important things...big bird comes to mind.
The murderer in this latest school shooting was the son of a teacher at the school (it was her room he shot up, after killing her first), and also a college graduate from Quinnipac. He certainly had access to mental health facilities/treatment. Sometimes these nuts slip thru the cracks....
Gunner

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>I've never Fathered any kids but have dated many different single Moms, and I NEVER allow video games in my home. I destroyed a copy of "Grand Theft Auto" once when it was smuggled in. Despicable...
Guns don't kill but video games do.
Hee hee
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
A thoughtful post. It is going to get MUCH worse before it gets better, as the last three "generation zeroes" are ammassing...
I've said that this nation will have to brought to its knees before we start looking up to "whence our help comes".

I was thinking more in political and cultural terms.

Never did I think it would happen this way.

And never before in my life have I ever wished to be more wrong.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Homer wrote:
Why don't schools all have metal detectors or something? Don't they lock the school doors during school hours?
Strange__it was an elementary school full of five through 11 year old white kids in a very pretty part of Connecticut.

Who would figure that a local twenty something would become so enraged with his own family that he would take it out on other families and by proxy the entire town. He was really pizzed and the only question left is why?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

92 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 27 min More Information 1,873
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 28 min Learn to Read 175,156
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 31 min Audit 3,853
if i were the devil. 32 min Good-------day 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 39 min Toj 97,584
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 40 min STEFANO COLONNA 68,446
IL Who do you support for Secretary of State in Il... (Oct '10) 49 min fassdle 527
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info