Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Fenris the Archangel

United States

#822043 Dec 14, 2012
Old Crazy Goober wrote:
<quoted text>
Dirt baggers are sick and dumb - that would be you.
You are giving "it" far too much credit.
GUNS

Nashville, NC

#822044 Dec 14, 2012
PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE, NOT GUNS, SO STOP BLAMEING THE
DAMN GUN!!!!IF YOU OUTLAW GUNS ONLY OUTLAWS WILL
HAVE THEM!HANG THESE BASTARDS THAT KILL INNOCENTS
PEOPLE ON CNN NEWS!!
carol

Orlando, FL

#822045 Dec 14, 2012
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
He killed his parents, mother was a teacher at that school
That's just it. The rising level of violence and lawlessness that we are witnessing. Children are killing other children. Children are killing themselves because of out of control bullying. Children are killing their parents and parents their children. Now three mass murders just since July not even counting the one that almost killed Congresswoman Giffords. The latest one involving kindergartners.

It's not just here either. In Norway, 77 were killed in 2011 by a bombing in downtown Oslo and a shooting massacre at a youth camp outside the capital by the same man.

Just seems like the incidences are becoming more and more frequent over the past decades. It should be disturbing to us all.

We've lost our moral compass. I pray it's found again somehow. We will reap what we have sown.

A teacher once said to me back in the 1990s, "Our children have become our national debt." She was more right than she even knew.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#822046 Dec 14, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Liberalism. Killed his mother and father.
Well it seems to me, those so called "liberal" school teachers that you whine constantly about saved a lot of kids lives today from parents reports on the news at great risk to their own.
So I'd be hanging my head in shame for making a comment like that.
Fenris the Archangel

United States

#822048 Dec 14, 2012
I guess nuts were around even back then....

The worst mass school murder in American history took place on May 18,1927 in Bath Township, Mich., when a former school board member set off three bombs that killed 45 people.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#822049 Dec 14, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Normal gun nuts don't kill people either. Nutjobs kill people. A word you reserve for normal people who have different opinions than yours.
a word i reserve for those who are in the minority who unreasonably think that their minority opinion is of the majority.

FOXbots. NRA members. The Right Wing Media. And so on......
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#822051 Dec 14, 2012
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well it seems to me, those so called "liberal" school teachers that you whine constantly about saved a lot of kids lives today from parents reports on the news at great risk to their own.
Flack has lost it today, he must be down at Jerry's drunk off his ass, posting on here with his buddies.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#822052 Dec 14, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Why don't you call Flack out? He's blaming the liberals for the shooting.
I've seen him blame liberals for focusing on the guns. If he's blaming liberals for the shooting itself, he'd be wrong.
Fenris the Archangel

United States

#822053 Dec 14, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
That's just it. The rising level of violence and lawlessness that we are witnessing. Children are killing other children. Children are killing themselves because of out of control bullying. Children are killing their parents and parents their children. Now three mass murders just since July not even counting the one that almost killed Congresswoman Giffords. The latest one involving kindergartners.
It's not just here either. In Norway, 77 were killed in 2011 by a bombing in downtown Oslo and a shooting massacre at a youth camp outside the capital by the same man.
Just seems like the incidences are becoming more and more frequent over the past decades. It should be disturbing to us all.
We've lost our moral compass. I pray it's found again somehow. We will reap what we have sown.
A teacher once said to me back in the 1990s, "Our children have become our national debt." She was more right than she even knew.
A thoughtful post. It is going to get MUCH worse before it gets better, as the last three "generation zeroes" are ammassing...

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#822054 Dec 14, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Flack is truly showing what an azzhole he is today.
Why don't you call dem out? Wanna talk about azzholes.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#822055 Dec 14, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Normal gun nuts don't kill people either. Nutjobs kill people. A word you reserve for normal people who have different opinions than yours.
I agree with your point about anti depressant medications. But then there was that man in PA who killed his 7 year old in the car after trying to sell his guns at a gun store; it was an accident; many gun deaths caused by accidents, kids finding them etc.
I know gun laws don't solve the problem, but not much good comes from having one either beyond a false sense of security or thinking of your gun as the final solution to a problem.
Fenris the Archangel

United States

#822056 Dec 14, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
a word i reserve for those who are in the minority who unreasonably think that their minority opinion is of the majority.
FOXbots. NRA members. The Right Wing Media. And so on......
Didnt you just say you weren't going to "knee-jerk" and generalize?

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#822058 Dec 14, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Sure they do, we cannot afford to help the mentally ill. Look at all the mentally ill homeless we have living on the streets in our fair cities. The rightwing/Flack answer is 'get a job'.
Bullshit. We borrow money for less important things...big bird comes to mind.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#822060 Dec 14, 2012
Old Crazy Goober wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm.. Flack is following your lead.
Homer was the first to make a joke about it.
RUSH10ME

Chase City, VA

#822061 Dec 14, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
I've seen him blame liberals for focusing on the guns. If he's blaming liberals for the shooting itself, he'd be wrong.
But he is not , Homer and friends are just poking Flack , something they wouldn't do in person .
Fenris the Archangel

United States

#822062 Dec 14, 2012
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
The teachers definitely were very heroic, no doubt about that....

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#822063 Dec 14, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Anti depressants
carol

Orlando, FL

#822065 Dec 14, 2012
Fenris the Archangel wrote:
<quoted text>
No telling if that is the case or not. His facebook page reveals very little, although theatre and violent video games interests seem to be a strange juxtaposition....
Whoever thought it was a good idea for children to have video games where they shoot people in order to win needs to be arrested and sent to a deserted island somewhere in the Pacific.

We stopped caring about our children a long time ago - OUR future. Now they've stopped caring.

For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind. Hosea 8:7

Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
Galatians 6:7
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#822066 Dec 14, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think that there are any answers; some people snap, remember that massacre of those girls at the Amish school a few years ago? Do you know the statistics on the murder rate? I think they are down. So sorry for those families, this is horrible.
Cardinal of the Kremlin

Bronx, NY

#822067 Dec 14, 2012
On ESPNís First Take show yesterday, Parker said,ďmy question, which is just a straight honest question, is [Griffin] a brother, or is he a cornball brother?Ē

In an interview with USA Today, Griffin made his stance clear on the issue of his blackness:ďFor me, you donít ever want to be defined by the color of your skin. You want to be defined by your work ethic, the person that you are, your character, your personality. Thatís what Iíve tried to go out and do. I am an African-American in America. That will never change. But I donít have to be defined by that.Ē

TO the LOWLIFE R PARKER and those who think like he does RG111 IS IN A HIGHER CLASS THAN ALL OF YOU WHO THINK THEY DEFINE BLACKNESS FU ALL THANK YOU RG111

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amy 10-1 4 min Kuuipo 6
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 min factcheck 47,031
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 7 min Mister Tonka 98,359
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 26 min HughBe 69,531
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 32 min Cali Girl 2014 50,047
Amy - 9-29-2014 2 hr Ralph 30
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr andet1987 4,755
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr WelbyMD 178,605

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]