Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1235964 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

ole_47

Blanchard, OK

#822316 Dec 14, 2012
Fenris the Big Gay Elf wrote:
<quoted text>did you suck that info out of some right wing cop's d!ck?
Another liberals who just can't leave the pee pee out of HIS posts....
Redguy

Palatka, FL

#822317 Dec 14, 2012
Fenris the Archangel wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you do me a favor? Can you break those violent gun crime statistics down by ethnicity per capta in America please?
Oh, you wont? What a surprise......:-)
1. Nevada -- Gun-related death rate: 15.36 per 100,000; Motor-vehicle death rate: 9.65 per 100,000.
2. Alaska -- Gun death rate: 14.89; Motor-vehicle death rate: 12.03.
3. Arizona -- Gun death rate: 12.98; Motor-vehicle death rate: 12.27.
4. Colorado -- Gun death rate: 11.60; Motor-vehicle death rate: 11.24.
5. Indiana -- Gun death rate: 11.44; Motor-vehicle death rate: 11.13.
6. Michigan -- Gun death rate: 10.98; Motor-vehicle death rate: 9.80.
7. Oregon -- Gun death rate: 10.90; Motor-vehicle death rate: 10.30.
8. Virginia -- Gun death rate: 10.61; Motor-vehicle death rate: 10.49.
9. Washington state -- Gun death rate: 9.35; Motor-vehicle death rate: 8.70.
10. Utah -- Gun death rate: 9.34; Motor-vehicle death rate: 9.19.

Yup, just can't trust those "ethnic" folks.
dem

United States

#822318 Dec 14, 2012
Itiswhatitis wrote:
Let me also make another "distinction" between people of color and those who lack it... Being Black is more than skin tone, it's spiritual awareness, knowledge of good verses evil, lie verses truth. Being Black is a blessing that we hold to our hearts because we know what we know. All the lies white folk ever told about my people have been exposed. Why do you think every other nation on earth supported the President's re-election? I'll tell you why...because basic goodness and fairness is respected all around the globe. White folk for the majority, think their asses are better than every other race of mankind. How can they be so ignorant when the FIRST man was a Black man? Where in the hell do you think YOU came from? LOL silly ...silly..silly. Suggestion...research the origin of man and come back to the table and speak on something you know about.
I agree wholeheartedly, minister Farakhan. Can you show that clip again where your sickly, wrinkled old ass bench presses 135 lbs? It was REALLY inspirational (LOL)...
Itiswhatitis

Stone Mountain, GA

#822319 Dec 14, 2012
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"nobama 2012"
Fuckyou!!!!!!!!!
Get off your dead ass and come get my guns. president nobama can not ban guns.
Lets ban automobiles, they kill far more American's every year than do guns.
You are a stupidsonofabitch, but understand guns do not kill people, people kill people. Were you born dumb or do you practice?

Peace
KMA
No Obama cannot and should not ban Guns. Let us just continue to allow young white boys to get their hands on them and shoot up all the rest of you crazy MFkrs. Isn't it enough your numbers are dwindling anyway? We don't care if your kids want to kill you guys if you don't. But It is sad that your kids have to die so innocent and young. Don't you think BUBBA?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#822320 Dec 14, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Add up all the recent mass murders and the number of killers is very small, so unfair to indict all Americans.
However, it would be useful to learn what motivates such actions.
I am not going to pretend to be a statistician but it seems that insanity is running rampant lately across the globe and NOT just in America. There is another story floating around here on Topix:

~~~~~~~~~~

22 children, 1 adult injured in knife attack outside central China primary school

Full story: The Washington Post

~~~~~~~~~~

And you might recall the other China stories about children in a grade school being killed by Muslim terrorists a few years back. There have been more this past year(I'm not going to take the time to find each one for this post).

Wasn't there also one like this in France last Summer where grade school children were involved?

I suspect that technology is allowing copycat psychotics to get ideas from the internet along with instant media reports. That recent Colorado movie theater incident triggers a hundred psychos across the globe to act out their sick fantasies. Add to this the increasing social deprecation of Life with abortion as BC, the growing spectre of fetus sales for Stem Cell Harvesting, increasingly realistic and violent digital game killings. How many recent stories have there been now of pregnant young girls giving birth and then dropping their nameless load into a restroom trash can or alley dumpster and then returning to the Prom Dance Floor as though nothing just happened? There are consequences for tolerating and even encouraging a diminished and eroding sense of personal responsibility. Life is cheap and getting cheaper.

Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#822322 Dec 14, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
The number of mass killings contain smaller total deaths than individual ones collectively. Isolated Clusters vs Common Distribution.
You really do need to read the FBI Data website once in awhile to get up to speed on violent black crime. Do you know how to read graphs? Practice with a simple Pie Chart first, kid.
The Atlantic - The geography of U.S. Gun Violence: http://www.theatlanticcities.com/neighborhood...
"Race, unfortunately and tragically, factors into gun death at the metro level. The share of the population that is black is positively related to both the overall rate of gun death (.56) and even more so with gun-related homicides (.72). The pattern is similar for the share of the population that is comprised of young black males which is also positively related to the overall rate of gun death (.55) and murder by gun (.70). That said, we find no significant association between any type of gun death and the share of the population that is Hispanic."
Check out the maps: http://www.theatlanticcities.com/neighborhood...
White Farm Boys don't kill anywhere near the rates of urban Doods.
Black Youth Project - REPORT: Gun Homicide is the Leading Cause Of Death Among Black Teens: http://tinyurl.com/cwg98so
Whites in general register their guns and try obeying the law. In doing so, statistics are easily collected to point to white "Gun Nuts". Urban Blacks, however, mainly don't register stolen or "hot" guns. This makes it hard to collect reliable data on black "Gun Nuts" except when the gun is used to knock off a 7 Eleven killing the single mom behind the counter Trayvon Martin style. The Liberal MSM plays on these disparate gun statistics constantly.
Huffington Post - NYPD Report Says 96 Percent Of Shooting Victims Are Black or Latino: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/06/nypd...
"The statistics, which cover crime in 2012 through the end of June, show that 96 percent of all shooting victims and 97 percent of all shooting suspects in the city were black or Latino."
If you have any more stupid questions, talk to my secretary:}
Moran, mass murders and serial killers, go look that up
dem

United States

#822323 Dec 14, 2012
Itiswhatitis wrote:
<quoted text>
Allow me to "educate" you on genealogy, mon frere. Obama FATHER is Black. The Black GENE is Dominant! So he's more Black than anything else. This is why he moved to Chicago to be educated on what it means to be Black in America. White people (old ass white men specifically) never would have accepted him and he has enough sense to Know this. But he made a great move which allowed him to learn the truth about white folk from genuises like Reverend White, who whites still hate. Louis Farrakhan who you don't understand and fear, and it is also the reason he chose Michelle, a BLACK WOMAN (for those of you white women who think black men favor your pale asses.) Listen up... "The Truth" shall set you free, but you've got to first embrace it. Otay? lol
"The black gene is dominant"

Hahahahahhaha!! You are truly the missng lnk. Take two (2) bananas out of petty cash and call me in the morning....

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#822325 Dec 14, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have any Thalidomide?
"dumos"
Based on the fact that your wife booted your sorry azs out I would guess the drug you require is Viagra.
Peace
KMA
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#822326 Dec 14, 2012
Former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee (R) weighed in on the massacre at an elementary school in Newtown, Conn. on Friday, saying the crime was no surprise because we have "systematically removed God" from public schools.

"We ask why there is violence in our schools, but we have systematically removed God from our schools," Huckabee said on Fox News. "Should we be so surprised that schools would become a place of carnage?"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/14/mike...

I wonder if he would've said that anywhere else but FOX?

NO.

How Fox Skips Any Talk Of Addressing Gun Violence

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2012/12/12/how-f...
dem

United States

#822327 Dec 14, 2012
Question what two traits do these metro areas have in common?:

1 New Orleans
2 Detroit
3 Las Vegas
4 Miami
5 Baltimore
6 St. Louis
7 Richmond
8 Memphis
9 Cleveland
10 Philadelphia

Answer is: "an abnormally higher per capita negro population, and the highest mortality rate from firearms in the country"........:-
dem

United States

#822328 Dec 14, 2012
Itiswhatitis wrote:
<quoted text>
No Obama cannot and should not ban Guns. Let us just continue to allow young white boys to get their hands on them and shoot up all the rest of you crazy MFkrs. Isn't it enough your numbers are dwindling anyway? We don't care if your kids want to kill you guys if you don't. But It is sad that your kids have to die so innocent and young. Don't you think BUBBA?
Tobey Tobey Tobey......

Do you have any idea what the black-on-black homicide rate is? At only 14% of the US population, you folks are doing a GREAT job lessening your numbers. Of course, most of the rest of you left alive are in prison on felonies, so YOU do the math.....:-)
Itiswhatitis

Stone Mountain, GA

#822329 Dec 14, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahaha! "Buckwheat, ya gots a good career in brain surgeonin aheads a ya"!!
You mean barack who was raised lovingly by his anglo Mom & Grandparents after his useless darky daddy skipped town (like most do)? You mean barack who DISOWNED "reverend" jeremiah white?
PS I've pumped several black women myself, and I dont harbor any prejudicial feelings. All pink on the inside, LOL.
What a bunch of crock! You obviously don't read much or you are dumber than a rock! They say you should not speak ill of the dead, so I'll leave Baracks Mother out of this dialog...but the fact that she "chose" to screw Barack fathers tells me that "white men" didn't do it for her. About his grand parents...(Not so loving RACISTS) as he pointed out in his book, didn't have a clue as to how to raise a BLACK MAN. And if you "Believe" that Jeremiah Wright and the Obama's are not as close as ever...you are one damn fool duped by the media. Black people are a lot smarter than you will ever be. We know you people can't handle the truth. So, we appease your ignorance to keep you from committing suicide. LOL You weak ass punks need to take some lessons in reality and come out of the "delusional" state. We will tell you what your weak minds can handle. LOL

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#822330 Dec 14, 2012
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
And your source is? Worldmorandaily?
He has no source, just another desperate right wing idiot.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#822332 Dec 14, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
Former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee (R) weighed in on the massacre at an elementary school in Newtown, Conn. on Friday, saying the crime was no surprise because we have "systematically removed God" from public schools.
"We ask why there is violence in our schools, but we have systematically removed God from our schools," Huckabee said on Fox News. "Should we be so surprised that schools would become a place of carnage?"
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/14/mike...
I wonder if he would've said that anywhere else but FOX?
NO.
How Fox Skips Any Talk Of Addressing Gun Violence
http://mediamatters.org/blog/2012/12/12/how-f...
So God made his son (huckabees) slit that dogs neck and skin him? He needs to stfu
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#822334 Dec 14, 2012
Fischer: God Didn't Stop CT School Shooting Because He's a 'Gentleman' Who Doesn't Go Where He Is Not Wanted

Bryan Fischer spent the first hour of his radio program today discussing this morning's truly horrific shooting at an elementary school in Connecticut, which he, of course, blamed on the fact that prayer, the Bible, and the Ten Commandments are not taught in public schools.

Fischer said that God could have protected the victims of this massacre, but didn't because "God is not going to go where he is not wanted" and so if school administrators really want to protect students, they will start every school day with prayer:VIDEO

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/fischer...

Bryan Jonathan Fischer is the Director of Issues Analysis for the American Family Association (AFA). He hosts the talk radio program Focal Point on American Family Radio and posts on the AFA-run blog Rightly Concerned.

Fischer opposes abortion, national health care, environmentalism, gay adoption, and same-sex marriage. Fischer's controversial comments on racial and ethnic minorities were cited by Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) in explaining the hate group designation they gave to the AFA in November 2010.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bryan_Fischer

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#822335 Dec 14, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Deal with the root problems like ending drug prohibition thus ending the "drug wars" overnight? Or would we end up with just too many brown people for "conservatives" to handle?
"dumos"
Shit in your world of a leftwingliberatarianloonism we should end laws against;
- Murder
- Robbery
- Assault
In your narrow world if you do not like the laws they should be repealed. What a cheap piece of crap you are.
Peace
KMA

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#822336 Dec 14, 2012
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>If your dumbass dosen't think there are millions of guns burried all over this country waiting for this very thing to unfold you are the moron . I will bet you a dollar to a doughnut tomorrow will bring record gun sales just like the last two elections .
Yes, and millions of pus sies sporting Rambo fantasies to bear them. You must have missed the part about the tanks. How about drones and close air support?

You certainly couldn't have served in the military and still entertain such fantasies.

Figures.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#822339 Dec 14, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
The number of mass killings contain smaller total deaths than individual ones collectively. Isolated Clusters vs Common Distribution.
You really do need to read the FBI Data website once in awhile to get up to speed on violent black crime. Do you know how to read graphs? Practice with a simple Pie Chart first, kid.
The Atlantic - The geography of U.S. Gun Violence: http://www.theatlanticcities.com/neighborhood...
"Race, unfortunately and tragically, factors into gun death at the metro level. The share of the population that is black is positively related to both the overall rate of gun death (.56) and even more so with gun-related homicides (.72). The pattern is similar for the share of the population that is comprised of young black males which is also positively related to the overall rate of gun death (.55) and murder by gun (.70). That said, we find no significant association between any type of gun death and the share of the population that is Hispanic."
Check out the maps: http://www.theatlanticcities.com/neighborhood...
White Farm Boys don't kill anywhere near the rates of urban Doods.
Black Youth Project - REPORT: Gun Homicide is the Leading Cause Of Death Among Black Teens: http://tinyurl.com/cwg98so
Whites in general register their guns and try obeying the law. In doing so, statistics are easily collected to point to white "Gun Nuts". Urban Blacks, however, mainly don't register stolen or "hot" guns. This makes it hard to collect reliable data on black "Gun Nuts" except when the gun is used to knock off a 7 Eleven killing the single mom behind the counter Trayvon Martin style. The Liberal MSM plays on these disparate gun statistics constantly.
Huffington Post - NYPD Report Says 96 Percent Of Shooting Victims Are Black or Latino: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/06/nypd...
"The statistics, which cover crime in 2012 through the end of June, show that 96 percent of all shooting victims and 97 percent of all shooting suspects in the city were black or Latino."
If you have any more stupid questions, talk to my secretary:}
I do keep up dum bass, almost solely attributable to the phony "war" on drugs. Before the "war" on drugs it was white gangsters fighting over alcohol.

"Quit bein' a dum bass son."
-1st Sgt Mohr,~1980

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#822341 Dec 14, 2012
Itiswhatitis wrote:
<quoted text>
No Obama cannot and should not ban Guns. Let us just continue to allow young white boys to get their hands on them and shoot up all the rest of you crazy MFkrs. Isn't it enough your numbers are dwindling anyway? We don't care if your kids want to kill you guys if you don't. But It is sad that your kids have to die so innocent and young. Don't you think BUBBA?
"Itswhatitis"
Great post, Bubba, you are a sick racist. "silly" will give you a big LOL.
Peace
KMA
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#822343 Dec 14, 2012
We’ve endured too many of these tragedies in the past few years. And each time I learn the news I react not as a President, but as anybody else would -- as a parent. And that was especially true today. I know there’s not a parent in America who doesn’t feel the same overwhelming grief that I do.

The majority of those who died today were children -- beautiful little kids between the ages of 5 and 10 years old. They had their entire lives ahead of them -- birthdays, graduations, weddings, kids of their own. Among the fallen were also teachers -- men and women who devoted their lives to helping our children fulfill their dreams.

So our hearts are broken today -- for the parents and grandparents, sisters and brothers of these little children, and for the families of the adults who were lost. Our hearts are broken for the parents of the survivors as well, for as blessed as they are to have their children home tonight, they know that their children’s innocence has been torn away from them too early, and there are no words that will ease their pain.

As a country, we have been through this too many times. Whether it’s an elementary school in Newtown, or a shopping mall in Oregon, or a temple in Wisconsin, or a movie theater in Aurora, or a street corner in Chicago -- these neighborhoods are our neighborhoods, and these children are our children. And we’re going to have to come together and take meaningful action to prevent more tragedies like this, regardless of the politics.

This evening, Michelle and I will do what I know every parent in America will do, which is hug our children a little tighter and we’ll tell them that we love them, and we’ll remind each other how deeply we love one another. But there are families in Connecticut who cannot do that tonight. And they need all of us right now. In the hard days to come, that community needs us to be at our best as Americans. And I will do everything in my power as President to help.

Because while nothing can fill the space of a lost child or loved one, all of us can extend a hand to those in need -- to remind them that we are there for them, that we are praying for them, that the love they felt for those they lost endures not just in their memories but also in ours.

May God bless the memory of the victims and, in the words of Scripture, heal the brokenhearted and bind up their wounds.

President Obama

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr NorCal Native 51,769
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr red and right 189,811
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr red and right 53,577
News Former U.S. House Speaker Hastert indicted on f... 3 hr Tea Bag Residue C... 50
News Your guide to this weekenda s Chicago festivals 8 hr THUG Eliminator 4
Abby May 31 11 hr Mister Tonka 13
I'm a girl and want to have sexual intercorse w... 11 hr Piano-Legs Bubba Boy 3
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]