Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#821964 Dec 14, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
He was in his 20's, had a child at the school. Probably some custody issue, people go crazy around holidays, it's awful. They have guns and want to take their frustrations out on the world, instead of just killing themselves. At least this killer was shot dead, they should have done that to the Batman killer.
There are too few facts confirmed to draw any conclusions.

Your sentiment on the theater killer is understandable, but giving the police the power to execute suspects on the spot is dangerous.

The latest rumor is far different than your scenario above, but no point in repeating it.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#821965 Dec 14, 2012
Fenris the Archangel wrote:
Almost ALL of the mass-shootings have taken place in blue States. Obviously a by-product of the mentally-diseased, leftist maggots that live there...
You're stupid
RUSH10ME

Chase City, VA

#821968 Dec 14, 2012
Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of killers.
Prove it .
dem

United States

#821970 Dec 14, 2012
Lord Fetch wrote:
NRA wins again!!! You fucktards must be beaming with pride.
I dont know but I've been told
Sex with girls just dont get old
Spent my life in South Chi-town
Gobblin every negro clown
They said that they were hung real well
But I'm so stoned I couldnt tell
I arm myself with crop & whip
And ride those bucks with steely grip
I've pumped so many dudes its sick
licked those nutz & sucked the dk
Remember me and tales I tell
Cause soon I'm goin straight to hell

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#821971 Dec 14, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
A crazy person in China used a machete to commit mass murder a few years ago.
You're not going to stop the crazy by taking away guns. The innocent have the right to protect themselves.
ok then, let's get rid of concealed carry. if you're going to live in fear let's at least wear the gun on the hip so we can put some fear into everyone else.

[?]

all of you nutjobs should just step back for a few before you start the 2nd Amendment justification rhetoric.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#821972 Dec 14, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Stop lying, you've lost the battle, Obama is the POTUS and the economy is finally beginning to get back on track.
Wishful thinking. The evidence is to the contrary. Unless you think that a growth rate of 1% or so is acceptable and are willing to accept a permanent lowering of our standard of living.
dem

United States

#821973 Dec 14, 2012
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
You're stupid
Dont call him that, really go out on a limb with that giant intellect and use the word "poopy"

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#821976 Dec 14, 2012
Almost ALL of the mass-shootings have taken place in blue States. Obviously a by-product of the mentally-diseased, leftist maggots that live there...
so everyone in a blue state is a liberal?????

maybe he was a fed up teabagger who couldn't cope with liberals...

more likely though this has nothing to do with politics except for those idiots who try and read political motives into it to make some strange idiotic point
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#821977 Dec 14, 2012
Just awful.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#821978 Dec 14, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
how many 'people' have we seen this year who've done much the same.
and not that it's even going to matter. go hit Twitter. you'll see very quickly that the focus will be on guns.
is shooting 18 children an over reaction? you can rationally expect the same in reply.
It seems to me, caring for our mentally ill should be a bigger priority than gun control.

"Is shooting 18 children an over reaction?". Wtf does that mean? You've lost it.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#821979 Dec 14, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
There are too few facts confirmed to draw any conclusions.
Your sentiment on the theater killer is understandable, but giving the police the power to execute suspects on the spot is dangerous.
The latest rumor is far different than your scenario above, but no point in repeating it.
Yes, I see that, what a horror

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#821981 Dec 14, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
He was in his 20's, had a child at the school. Probably some custody issue, people go crazy around holidays, it's awful. They have guns and want to take their frustrations out on the world, instead of just killing themselves. At least this killer was shot dead, they should have done that to the Batman killer.
His mother worked at the school. She has been found dead. Try to get stuff right.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#821982 Dec 14, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
ok then, let's get rid of concealed carry. if you're going to live in fear let's at least wear the gun on the hip so we can put some fear into everyone else.
[?]
all of you nutjobs should just step back for a few before you start the 2nd Amendment justification rhetoric.
You have yet to call the shooter a nutjob. Says alot about you loony leftwingers.
THE DEBIL

Centrs, Latvia

#821984 Dec 14, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
A crazy person in China used a machete to commit mass murder a few years ago.
You're not going to stop the crazy by taking away guns. The innocent have the right to protect themselves.
WHO'S INNOCENT, CHRISTMAS CAROL? THE PRECIOUS CHILDREN? WHOSE PRECIOUS INNOCENT CHILDREN? JUST THE WHITE PRECIOUS CHILDREN OR ALL THE OTHER PRECIOUS CHILDREN? JUST AMERICAN PRECIOUS CHILDREN OR DOES IT INCLUDE IRAQI CHILDREN? THEY DON'T DO CHRISTMAS DO THEY? JESUS MIGHT NOT BE TOO HAPPY WITH THOSE KIDS, HUH? GUESS NOT.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#821985 Dec 14, 2012
Why don't schools all have metal detectors or something? Don't they lock the school doors during school hours?
Fenris the Archangel

United States

#821986 Dec 14, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
how many 'people' have we seen this year who've done much the same.
and not that it's even going to matter. go hit Twitter. you'll see very quickly that the focus will be on guns.
is shooting 18 children an over reaction? you can rationally expect the same in reply.
You are actually one of the more thoughtful posters on the blue side, and deserve a REAL reply.

If you can answer my question tendered earlier, we will be at the heart of the matter. To wit:

I grew up in a region where EVERY household had a veritable arsenal, yet there was not ONE school shooting (or even a solitary act of violence involving guns).

What has changed?

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#821987 Dec 14, 2012
Really? A den of leftists isn't at all the impression I've gotten in the CT forums. Maybe you should take a look at who spews the hatred..

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/newtown-ct/TK...

Btw, Sandy Hook El. is almost 90% caucasian.

http://k20.internet2.edu/organizations/37330
Fenris the Archangel

United States

#821988 Dec 14, 2012
Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
Your eulogy over, pussccceee?
One minute your whining, the next you're acting like the punked pusscccee you are.
YOU (on the other hand) are NOT someone to be taken seriously in any regard......:-)
carol

Orlando, FL

#821989 Dec 14, 2012
<quoted text>
It is INDEED a moment of profound sadness, but equally disturbing is the puzzlement surrounding these types of heinous acts. I grew up in a communty where EVERY head of the household had an arsenal used in hunting equal to or better than any possessed by these school-shooting cowards, yet there was NOT ONE gun violence incident in my entire schooling duration Statewide (or regionwde, for that matter). In fact, no one even gave guns in the household a second thought. Morale? Its not the guns (because they havent changed); its the people, the civilization (term used loosely), and the morals that have fueled these scumbags.
High time we started utlizing eugenics and speedy capital punishment in our treatment of repeat violent criminals.....
I agree that something is triggering this kind of violence. I believe it has something to do with the uncertainty of the future and fears that are mounting by those who are already troubled to begin with.

Some people actually believe the world as we know it will end on December 21. Probably the same people who believed it the last time.

But this kind of doomsday mentality coupled with a bleak economic outlook could be a factor. Just speculation.

I hope and pray these were two isolated incidences that just happened to occur within the same week.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#821990 Dec 14, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
[?]
No need to "justify" any part of the US Constitution, including the Second Amendment.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GOP Votes go 2 dem. votes. 4 min DEATH2Them 3
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 10 min JOEL 70,084
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 49 min TRD 68,651
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Jonah1 50,619
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr scirocco 47,496
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr jacques Ottawa 179,350
Car Paint, Paint and Various cosmetics products... 2 hr johnson 1
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]