Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#822019 Dec 14, 2012
Fenris the Archangel wrote:
<quoted text>
You are actually one of the more thoughtful posters on the blue side, and deserve a REAL reply.
If you can answer my question tendered earlier, we will be at the heart of the matter. To wit:
I grew up in a region where EVERY household had a veritable arsenal, yet there was not ONE school shooting (or even a solitary act of violence involving guns).
What has changed?
i grew up much the same. in the area where i now live it is still the same.

no, we didn't see such things when we were growing up. but your question will need some thought. the visceral reaction hits too hard right after you've picked up the grandkids from school. to say that i'm shaken is an understatement. so on the flip....i'm not going to hang around and watch the excuse brigade do their thing. i might 'overreact'.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#822020 Dec 14, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> His mother worked at the school. She has been found dead. Try to get stuff right.
That was a supposition before the details came , now get lost. This isn't about politics, 30 people massacred, you have serious issues
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#822022 Dec 14, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Liberalism. Killed his mother and father.
Lol, you're a dope

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#822025 Dec 14, 2012
" "Many research and case studies demonstrate a link between antidepressants and suicide and other violent behavior""
Fenris the Archangel

United States

#822026 Dec 14, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> When the economy finalizes it's collapsed it will get a lot worse.
Sooooo true....

“Seriously Misguided Democrat”

Since: Oct 12

Chicago Thugtown

#822027 Dec 14, 2012
Where'd the Democrat gun nut Old Raider go? Off to kill some defenseless mammals for sport?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#822029 Dec 14, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
You have yet to call the shooter a nutjob. Says alot about you loony leftwingers.
Why don't you call Flack out? He's blaming the liberals for the shooting.

Chicago Thugtown

#822030 Dec 14, 2012
Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
Many schools in Chicago have cops in them.
But even a cop couldn't stop a mad man on a mission.
He'd shoot the cop first.
Like you have a clue Dem? We all know you Democrats hate cops & the military men & women who die to protect scum like you, but you don't know the cop would have been shot first if he was there, coward.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#822031 Dec 14, 2012
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
That was a supposition before the details came , now get lost. This isn't about politics, 30 people massacred, you have serious issues
Flack is truly showing what an azzhole he is today.

Chicago Thugtown

#822032 Dec 14, 2012
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
But we ALL know, you on the left will start the politicing before the undertaker has them.

Chicago Thugtown

#822033 Dec 14, 2012
Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
Guns don't kill.
Pills kill.
Tea baggers are funny and dumb.
Dirt baggers are sick and dumb - that would be you.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#822034 Dec 14, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
The 2 have nothing to do with each other. Quit being a bipshit.
Sure they do, we cannot afford to help the mentally ill. Look at all the mentally ill homeless we have living on the streets in our fair cities. The rightwing/Flack answer is 'get a job'.

Chicago Thugtown

#822035 Dec 14, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Flack is truly showing what an azzhole he is today.
Hmm.. Flack is following your lead.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#822036 Dec 14, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
and how far does one have to go to make that assumption that for most normal non-gun nut folks doesn't even need to be said.
some sane person killed 18 kids?
so what does that say about 'you'?
Normal gun nuts don't kill people either. Nutjobs kill people. A word you reserve for normal people who have different opinions than yours.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#822037 Dec 14, 2012
carol wrote:
I would like to offer a prayer to the families of those children if no one minds.
If anyone objects, please read no further.
God, bless the families of all those children - give them comfort and shelter from this storm and surround them with your supernatural love and the kind of peace that passes all understanding. May they know their precious child is safely in your hands and they will see them again. Help them to find a way to forgive so they can heal and become a blessing to others through your strength and your amazing grace. I pray this nation will seek your face and know that you are God and turn away from all wickedness. In Jesus' name. Amen.
thank you Carol.
Cardinal of the Kremlin

Bronx, NY

#822040 Dec 14, 2012
A knife-wielding man injured 22 children and an elderly woman outside a primary school in central China as students were arriving for classes.
The attack took place in the Henan province village of Chengping just before 8am, said a local police officer.

The attacker, 36-year-old villager Min Yingjun, is now in police custody, according to an officer who declined to give her name, as is customary among Chinese civil servants.
It is the latest in a series of similar periodic rampages at Chinese schools and kindergartens.WHY are CHILDREN AROUND THE WORLD BEING TARGETED NOT THE CHOICE OF WEAPONS USED ITS NOT ALL ABOUT the politics WHY not PULL YOUR HEADS OUT OF ROMNEY AND OBAMA THEIR CHILDREN ARE FINE

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22480...
Follow us:@MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Fenris the Archangel

United States

#822041 Dec 14, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i grew up much the same. in the area where i now live it is still the same.
no, we didn't see such things when we were growing up. but your question will need some thought. the visceral reaction hits too hard right after you've picked up the grandkids from school. to say that i'm shaken is an understatement. so on the flip....i'm not going to hang around and watch the excuse brigade do their thing. i might 'overreact'.
Probably a sage decision.....

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#822042 Dec 14, 2012
carol wrote:
I would like to offer a prayer to the families of those children if no one minds.
If anyone objects, please read no further.
God, bless the families of all those children - give them comfort and shelter from this storm and surround them with your supernatural love and the kind of peace that passes all understanding. May they know their precious child is safely in your hands and they will see them again. Help them to find a way to forgive so they can heal and become a blessing to others through your strength and your amazing grace. I pray this nation will seek your face and know that you are God and turn away from all wickedness. In Jesus' name. Amen.
Amen.
Fenris the Archangel

United States

#822043 Dec 14, 2012
Old Crazy Goober wrote:
<quoted text>
Dirt baggers are sick and dumb - that would be you.
You are giving "it" far too much credit.
GUNS

Nashville, NC

#822044 Dec 14, 2012
PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE, NOT GUNS, SO STOP BLAMEING THE
DAMN GUN!!!!IF YOU OUTLAW GUNS ONLY OUTLAWS WILL
HAVE THEM!HANG THESE BASTARDS THAT KILL INNOCENTS
PEOPLE ON CNN NEWS!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 32 min IBdaMann 48,593
Boycott all Topix Sponsors 59 min People Please 6
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr wojar 180,944
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr TRD 68,797
Julieanne Zenz 4 hr Julieanne Zenz VR... 1
Are you sick of Topix polls or do you vote? 5 hr joey 4
EverGreen Belgrade 6 hr servonazis 17
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:00 pm PST

Bleacher Report 4:00PM
Breaking Down What Colt McCoy Brings to the Washington Offense in Place of RGIII
NBC Sports 4:45 PM
NFL on Thanksgiving: Bears season falls into irrelevancy
NBC Sports 4:50 PM
NFL on Thanksgiving: Megatron reaches 10,000 yards
Bleacher Report 5:33 PM
Bears vs. Lions Video Highlights
Yahoo! Sports 6:07 PM
Lions, Eagles serve up Thanksgiving Day routs