Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
759,241 - 759,260 of 1,083,835 Comments Last updated 3 min ago
RUSH10ME

Chase City, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

keyedup wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately we have a lot of those teabag dirt bags in Florida. never served in military but play in the woods on weekends with guns, they neither know how to use or know about killing another human...
Republicans are pathetic...They send our kids to fight for them around the globe and send their sons to phony church camp...I pray for the war they want, get rid of the wackos for good. fertilize the ground with the lot of them...They won't be missed...
BUY THE WAY CAROL YOUR AN ASSLICKING IDIOT
I wonder if I can fit the word "keyedup" on a .308 ?
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

If anyone still doesn't believe Bill Clinton leans more to the right than the left, this interview with O'Reilly will remove all doubt. Parts 1 and 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

It also might open some eyes about O'Reilly's ability to conduct an excellent interview and a lively and respectful debate with a former democrat president.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

sonicfilter wrote:
The Amazing Hypocrisy of the "Right To Work"
In terms of practical economic impacts, I think the right-to-work controversy set off by Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder's decision to undertake a lame duck flip-flop is perhaps overstated. If you compare Montgomery County in labor-friendly Maryland to Fairfax County in right-to-work Virginia, your overwhelming impression will be that these are very similar affluent suburbs of the same city. But apples-to-apple comparisons are hard to find and since union rules are highly correlated with other political indicators it's easy to cherry pick points. The conservative parts of America are generally poorer than the liberal parts, but also faster-growing. So if you want to claim that right-to-work laws are immiserating or growth-friendly, you can help yourself to whatever statistics you like.
But what's not murky is the absurd hypocrisy that has to go into making the case for right-to-work legislation.
The way this works is that if there's a labor union at a given business establishment that's bargaining for some higher pay or benefits or better work-rules or whatever it's rapidly going to find that there's a free rider problem. Everyone in the relevant class of workers gets the benefits whether or not they join the union. So something the union is often going to want to bargain for is some kind of rule stating that everyone hired in the relevant class has to join the union, or has to pay dues to the union, or something else along those lines.
Now naturally an employer's not going to want to agree to that. But he's not going to want to agree to higher pay or more vacation days either. That's why it's a negotiation. A right-to-work law is a law banning employers from making that concession.
The impact, obviously, is to make it hard to form strong unions in a given jurisdiction and thus make it a more business-friendly jurisdiction. But note that this same trick works across the board. You could just ban pay raises in general. Any one firm, after all, faces a dilemma. On the one hand it would be more profitable to pay people less. On the other hand, it's also unprofitable to have everyone quit to go work for some other higher-paying company. So a law against pay raises would make everyone more profitable, spurring crazy business investment and job creation. Except nobody does that because it would be (a) insane and (b) obviously unfair. And yet the proponents of right-to-work laws are generally exactly the people most inclined to stand up for freedom of contract under other circumstances.
http://www.slate.com/blogs/moneybox/2012/12/1...
CHOICE.
If it ever got THAT bad again, do you not have faith enough in the peoples right to assemble, FREELY? Why WASTE $ that should NOT be wasted--ESPECIALLY these days in fiscal cliff times!!
(if you think about it--think of ALL the GOOD such could do, rather than merely WASTED and lobbyied away USELESSLY, shamelessly and sinfully-- when such COULD be applied to MUCH better purposes-like decent healthcare for everyone!!)
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The population of the US is 311 million.
2% would be 62,200,000.
There are more federal income tax returns than that that pay taxes.
That doesn't count the joint returns where one retun would be two people.
My God you are one dumb POS.
2% of 311 million is not 62 million pea brain.

you must work for the gubment
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>How do you know how much work librarians and gym teachers do? Are you a librarian or gym teacher? No, your not. You dont know nothing.
I gotta chime in on this one---Galt's was a little off the mark of having a REAL clue with THAT comment lol.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney's plan was to let GM go bankrupt. That was the truth.
His plan was that it would then come back after receiving funding from private sources.
Experts say that those sources weren't available.
Then what would happen?
A competitor would buy them up, wtf should the gubment bail out every dying business?
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Where you at Galt--sounds like you may need some reality clue lessons...come on...bring yournown pencil and sharpener lol/
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Lie of the Year: the Romney campaign's ad on Jeeps made in China

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/artic...

Clinton: Romney Knowingly Lied About Auto Industry Jobs

uh...did Bill say that on FOX?

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
If people wanted to belong to labor unions as much as you seem to think, then union membership would be much larger and right-to-work laws would not matter.
John, you miss my point. Union membership is a choice - not a mandate. I get sick to death of listening to folks whine about 'having to belong to a union', when the job they applied to do was unionized at the time they applied. People on here talk a good game about personal responsibility, but exercise it only when it suits their personal agendas. If being non-union is that important to them, they shouldn't apply at union shops. And if the only shops available are union ones, CHANGE OCCUPATIONS, or move. The fact that these options may not be 'easy' or 'pleasant' to implement, is immaterial - stick to your principles, folks, if you have any...

:)
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>A bunch of fat alcoholic tobacco-chewing redneck goobers up against the highly trained U.S. military and Homeland Security forces. HAH!!! That would be fun to watch. I hope they televise it live.
a) how many in the us military will jump ship to fight the globalist new world order scum?
b) just how many gun owners are there?
c) what percentage of Americans were involved in the American revolution?
d) none of them were union members LOL!
RUSH10ME

Chase City, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
If you write very small it might fit on the shaft of my co ck.
Why do you want his name there you already have his ring there , it's brown.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Bobby Jindal: Birth Control Should Be Over-The-Counter

The price of birth control would be driven down if companies had to compete to sell it in the marketplace, and women only visit gynecologists to obtain birth control prescriptions because "big government says they should," he said.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/14/bobb...

"Democrats have wrongly accused Republicans of being against birth control and against allowing people to use it," he writes. "That's hogwash."
Fenris the Archangel

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>No I don't, but I do have some reloading to do , gonna do a few hundred copstoppers a day for awhile , don't you have cars piling up in the drive thru?
"All day handjobs here at the obama2016 drive thru"!!!

Since: Nov 09

Alamo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
I gotta chime in on this one---Galt's was a little off the mark of having a REAL clue with THAT comment lol.
I was going to just ignore John Galt's baseless claim that teachers in one subject area work harder than in another subject area. But it does provide an excellent example of why unions are necessary to protect workers from the whims of knuckledraggers like this.
Fenris the Archangel

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

keyedup wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately we have a lot of those teabag dirt bags in Florida. never served in military but play in the woods on weekends with guns, they neither know how to use or know about killing another human...
Republicans are pathetic...They send our kids to fight for them around the globe and send their sons to phony church camp...I pray for the war they want, get rid of the wackos for good. fertilize the ground with the lot of them...They won't be missed...
BUY THE WAY CAROL YOUR AN ASSLICKING IDIOT
Did you get a bad allotment of sperm last night? Tummy a bit out-of-whack?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

NWax wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a liar and an idiot. Obama is not compromising, yet wants the GOP to.
The GOP wants real reform which includes spending cuts.
Morons like you just want feel good action that screws our kids.
GOP isnt for change if they were they would have never voted in favor of a 7 trillion dollar entitlement Medicare Part D that GW Bush Signed into law that was never paid for and was just added to the Federal Deficit just more proof of wealth redistrubion of borrowed tax dollars of future generations.
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Let’s see if the Liberal Media cover either of these stories: 3,000 US troops secretly return to Iraq via Kuwait…U.S. sending missiles, 400 troops to Turkey!!
Fenris the Archangel

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
If you write very small it might fit on the shaft of my co ck.
I'm quite sure you are thinking of a miniture ship-builder. No human can even SEE that small without industrial magnifiers...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

How the GOP Lost National Security

Democrats have filled the long-standing national-security gap with Republicans not by offering an alternative vision for international affairs, but by demonstrating to voters greater competence in executing foreign policy—and successfully framing Republicans as reckless and irresponsible when it comes to national security.

http://nationalinterest.org/commentary/how-th...

nowadays is seems that only the right wing sites have anything good to say about Republicans. and not even all of those are on that weak bandwagon.

The Republicans Have Failed the Nation

http://www.redstate.com/2012/12/13/the-republ...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
There are costs in negotiating and enforcing a contract. Ensuring a safe working environment and lobbying for remedies to work related problems takes time and money. Protecting against management abuses of power such as nepotism and favoritism requires oversight. No reasonable person believes that each individual is better off bearing the burden of these tasks themselves.
Don't fool yourself, non-union workplaces use models developed through union efforts and non-union workplaces also benefit from the competitive salaries generated by union contracts.
Its naive to say unions have outlived their usefulness.
you call this insuring safe working enviroment and then being forced to place the degenerates back in the plant risking safety.

Chrysler Auto Workers Caught Drinking & Smoking Pot

Chrysler Group LLC says it was forced to reinstate 13 degenerates who were fired from its Jefferson North Assembly Plant two years ago after being filmed by a local television station drinking and smoking what the network suggested was a controlled substance before and during work.

Chrysler reinstates 13 workers fired for drinking on job

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20121210/A...

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20121210/A...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

70 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 6 min Rahm Jizzbucket Emanuel 1,870
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min loose cannon 175,147
Abby 7-31 10 min PEllen 2
Amy 7-31 17 min PEllen 3
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 17 min DDDD-25 45,896
This Is What Is Going To Happen If Ebola Comes ... 18 min Exactly right 1
Why We will Go to War with Russia 29 min Exactly right 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr edogxxx 97,578
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000