Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#821621 Dec 13, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>If you think anyone, any entity, or any government is 'forcing' you to choose an occupation in this country, good sir, you are basically saying YOU oppose individual choice.
You're hilarious.
What if one wants to practice an occupation without paying bribes to union thugs?
carol

Orlando, FL

#821622 Dec 13, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as an aside here, I was listening to NPR in the car yesterday and they were interviewing someone who did a biography of Joseph P. Kennedy - the patriarch of an American chain of evil - and I found it very interesting, indeed. As relates to your post, Joey baby had an incestuous relationship with liberal media. This is back in the 1930's! For example, he had a NY Times reporter writing speeches for him - Joe Kennedy - in secret. And then , afterward, that same reporter would write glowing columns about how brilliant a speaker Joe was!! Joe paid this guy under the table.
Lots more. Kennedy was so crooked, you could screw him into a dung pile without touching a fly. But, even this biographer was reluctant to go to far with Joe Baby's darkness. He didn't even mention Joe's buying off politicians, cops, lawyers, judges...whew!.... involved in his illegal businesses including rum-running. THIS is where the Kennedy legacy had its roots.
Anyways, back to my point: Liberal media has been unabashedly corrupt and sleeping with the enemy as far back as the 1930's at least. But I strongly suspect that it goes much further back. What we are witnessing today is Liberal Media cheating with newer, higher tech tools but the bottom line remains the same: manipulating the ignorant, unwashed masses(read: the entitlement crowd, the takers)
A poor hot dog vender who was just on Greta a few minutes ago said he was hired to come in and sell hot dogs and happened to be near the violent mob tearing down the tent. He's a black man and said the violent mob turned on him, called him an Uncle Tom, threw racial slurs at him, called him the "n" word and destroyed his hot dog stand.

The crowd was yelling this isn't peace time, this isn't Martin Luther King time, we aren't going to go for this peace stuff, we're going to do it our way, etc., etc., etc.

Unions are what Obama lives and breathes for.

In 2008, the Big Daddy to the Big O was the SEIU.

FEC-required filings show SEIU's two PACs spent over $9 million dollars supporting Obama.

"I've spent my entire adult life working with SEIU."

He loves his unions.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#821624 Dec 13, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
A poor hot dog vender who was just on Greta a few minutes ago said he was hired to come in and sell hot dogs and happened to be near the violent mob tearing down the tent. He's a black man and said the violent mob turned on him, called him an Uncle Tom, threw racial slurs at him, called him the "n" word and destroyed his hot dog stand.
The crowd was yelling this isn't peace time, this isn't Martin Luther King time, we aren't going to go for this peace stuff, we're going to do it our way, etc., etc., etc.
Unions are what Obama lives and breathes for.
In 2008, the Big Daddy to the Big O was the SEIU.
FEC-required filings show SEIU's two PACs spent over $9 million dollars supporting Obama.
"I've spent my entire adult life working with SEIU."
He loves his unions.
The Boy Messiah has two sides to his mouth and he uses them both very well.
carol

Orlando, FL

#821625 Dec 13, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Even letterman thinks he's a lying sack of sht.
" DAVID LETTERMAN, HOST: Here's what upset me last night, this playing fast and loose with facts. And the President Obama cites the op-ed piece that Romney wrote about Detroit,“Let them go bankrupt, let them go bankrupt,” and last night he brings it up again.“Oh, no, Governor, you said let them go bankrupt, blah blah blah, let them go bankrupt.” And Mitt said,“No, no, check the thing, check the thing, check the thing.”
Now, I don't care whether you're Republican or Democrat, you want your president to be telling the truth; you want the contender to be lying. And so what we found out today or soon thereafter that, in fact, the President Obama was not telling the truth about what was excerpted from that op-ed piece. I felt discouraged.
RACHEL MADDOW: Because the "Let Detroit go bankrupt" headline you feel like was inappropriate?
LETTERMAN: Well, the fact the President is invoking it and swearing that he was right and that Romney was wrong and I thought, well, he's the president of course he's right. Well, it turned out no, he was taking liberties with that."
That's just hilarious. Letterman "discouraged" because Obama was wrong and was "taking liberties" lying his tail off about Romney.

Hilarious.

This whole fiasco called the Obama administration is gonna come full circle sooner than we think.

In the words of Hillary Clinton who knows first-hand the depths of deceit by this president..."Shame on you, Barack Obama! Shame on you!"

Lapeer, MI

#821626 Dec 13, 2012
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, and winning elections...GOP...not so much.
The CCP "wins" elections, too.

Can you make a valid point once a year, at least?

Lapeer, MI

#821627 Dec 13, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but we make up fo it with our sheer sucklng power....
Use a HEPA Bag do ya?
carol

Orlando, FL

#821628 Dec 13, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain "pretty much."
Was union membership required, or not?
You were warned right off the bat that if you didn't join the union and ever needed legal protection for any reason, you'd be on your own.

Because common sense took a vacation in the school system a long time ago and school administrators stopped growing a spine...and unions took their place.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#821630 Dec 13, 2012
Michigan Police Scratch Their Heads At Fox Contributor’s Post-Punch Media Tour

If Fox News contributor Steven Crowder wants justice after being assaulted during right-to-work protests in Michigan this week, he sure has a weird way of showing it. That’s the word from Michigan State Police, who are ready to investigate and prosecute the man who punched Crowder multiple times on camera Tuesday — if only Crowder would let them.

The video of Crowder taking those punches has gone viral, even as Crowder’s story about the circumstances has started to unravel. Regardless of exactly what happened leading up top the punches, however, there’s a potential crime caught on film and according to Michigan State Police, Crowder has so far shown no interest in having it investigated.

“There is video footage of him being assaulted. We don’t know who the suspect is, but we could do a several month investigation and find the suspect,” Inspector Gene Adamczyk, spokesperson for the state police, told TPM on Thursday.“But if Mr. Crowder is not going to prosecute, we have not gained anything, we’ve wasted resources.”

So far Crowder has not sought out police help after he was hit. Adamczyk pointed out he’s instead turned the video into a national conservative media tour.

“I saw Mr. Crowder’s interview on Sean Hannity and he wants to have an MMA-sanctioned fight with this individual,” he said. Crowder told Hannity that if the suspect doesn’t come forward for the MMA fight (which he said would be held for charity), Crowder would “press charges.”

Adamczyk did not sound impressed by the plan.

“You can’t leverage the law for personal gain,” he said.“Either you’re the victim, or you’re not. So if he’s the victim of an assault, and he wants to file a complaint, we will definitely investigate it.”

Meanwhile, media reports have poked holes in the original, edited video Crowder posted online after he was punched. The New York Times reported “a look at the video broadcast on the Sean Hannity show appears to show quite clearly that [Crowder] left out an important section of the footage when he put together his edit.”

The unedited footage shows “the man who punched Mr. Crowder being knocked to the ground seconds before and then getting up and taking a swing at the comedian,” the Times reported.

Adamczyk doesn’t understand why Crowder wouldn’t report the crime to the police and get the perpetrator prosecuted. He stressed that the MSP will not go forward with an investigation unless a crime is reported, and “there are all types of personal reasons” people sometimes don’t report a crime, he said.

“If somebody broke into your house, wouldn’t you immediately report it to the police? If someone assaulted you or your family member wouldn’t you report it immediately to the police?” Adamczyk said.“Well, why wouldn’t you, unless there’s a personal agenda there.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/12/st...
carol

Orlando, FL

#821631 Dec 13, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Lahk ah sayd? How about "as I said?" Don't you agree that it takes the dirt road sting off your posts?
Maybe you can link me up with Obama telling the highly decorated military veteran Realtime to pass it around__if not save it for one of your topix paramours eh?
Well, I didn't know I was addressing a highly decorated military veteran who loves Obama passing everyone else's stuff around.

Please excuse me.

Lapeer, MI

#821632 Dec 13, 2012
<quoted text>Don't believe everything you 'hear', Shin. And don't fantasize about me opening your virus-laden links either.
:)
I temper all that I observe with a tab of reality.

* Pretty woman can be ugly.

* A politician who treats each voter like they were Dorian Grey is
not a President but a Prince - of Darkness.

* A Topix poster who mindlessly weaves religion, hedonism and naivete
with Liberal smugness and cynicism and yet still portrays herself as
a good suburban mom seeking the American Dream is minus direction
and a steering wheel. Like a runaway train with the engineer
sleeping in the caboose.

I have never found a "virus-laden link" yet on Wikipedia.

You must have some really paranoid anti-virus software there, ladee.
carol

Orlando, FL

#821633 Dec 13, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
That's against the terms of service topix uses.
It's quite common to reply to only one part of someone's post by erasing the rest that isn't relevant.

So almost every single one of us has broken the "terms of service". Does that mean we're all going to be fined? Arrested? Scolded? What?

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#821634 Dec 13, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like a stay-at-home mom scrubbing hubbie's shoes. Get out much? Bingo?
I once worked in a union shop where the company and the union leaders slept together. Horrible working conditions and low pay.
I left.
Your naivete can't be hidden beneath that Burqua, babe.
Neither can your hypocrisy be hidden behind that union card, darlin'.

Change jobs, and kwitcherbitchin.

Location hidden

#821635 Dec 13, 2012
moshx wrote:
<quoted text> untill the bailout all I bought was gm and dodge,but now I only buy ford.if there was a non union auto maker that made a solid 1 ton p/u here in the states my money would go to them first.
I ride the bus, my bike, and Shank's mare.

Never owned a car in my life, raised two kids without one, and have never missed having one.

Saves me thousands a year in payments, parking, maintenance, insurance, and gas.

Win-win.

Next.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#821636 Dec 13, 2012
Rush Limbaugh: Dem Party "Wants Minorities Thinking That They Don't Have A Chance Unless The Democrats Are Their Champions

http://mediamatters.org/video/2012/12/12/rush...

Well let's ask Mitt about that one.

Mitt who?

Lapeer, MI

#821637 Dec 13, 2012
<quoted text>Yet, I've never felt the need to move to Beijing, as I'm quite happy as an American.
You, not so much.........but comparing my far superior intelligence with your dearth thereof, is pretty stupid, come to think of it.
Holy smokes, we agree.
Let the freezing of Hades begin!!!!
Like so much else in Life, comparisons can be quite relative and conditional. For example, a stupid person can assume themselves to be far higher in intellect than others. That's why they are stupid.

An inchworm can assume themselves to be far, far superior in all regards to Mr. Robin. And this assumption holds true forever until Mr. Robin eats the inchworm.

Consider yourself just being eaten, inchworm.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#821638 Dec 13, 2012
The present leadership of the Republican Party has gone from making the case that government is the problem and the American people are the solution to making the case that Democratic controlled government is the problem and Republican controlled government is the solution.

By giving up on making the case that government is the problem and pivoting to “Democrats are the problem,” the Republican Party has failed the American people. Historically, when parties lost, their leadership went and hid for an appropriate amount of time under a rock after an acceptance of blame and a resignation.

The present Republican leaders in Washington, instead of hiding under a rock, have taken to standing on the rock and demanding conservatives self flagellate.

http://www.redstate.com/2012/12/13/the-republ...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#821639 Dec 13, 2012
Let us not kid ourselves. The Republicans intend to strike a last minute deal to cave. They will. They are going blind in the bathroom over the idea of bifurcating tax cuts so Barack Obama can veto the tax cut for high income earners and let the rest slide through. It is, as usual, a too clever by half compromise from the GOP, which has spent more time out negotiating itself to the left than negotiating with the Democrats.

The compromise is no longer the issue. It will happen.

http://www.redstate.com/2012/12/13/the-republ...
carol

Orlando, FL

#821640 Dec 13, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh geesh. Now nutsickles is going to claim you said you had a limp.
That's funny. My left leg has been acting up a bit lately. Only when I first stand up and put weight on it. But did have a slight limp a few days last week.

Not serious. Comes and goes. Not limping anymore.

Location hidden

#821641 Dec 13, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, you got nothing.
In other words, you can't prove your shit is shinola.
Eman wrote:
<quoted text> I love making "smart" people look stupid.
You must - you've done it to yourself with every post so far.

Keep 'em comin', shinning.

Lapeer, MI

#821642 Dec 13, 2012
<quoted text>Neither can your hypocrisy be hidden behind that union card, darlin'.
Change jobs, and kwitcherbitchin.
How about a diagonal slice once in awhile? Hypocrisy? How? When? Where?

I could pop up right this moment and call you intelligent but with a total absence of affirming evidence over a thousand of your Topix posts, you could then call me a liar.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 min OzRitz 46,877
mera name bablu hai aur main aap sab se dosti k... 18 min bablu 1
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 27 min andet1987 1,490
Playboy offered Sarah Palin $4 Million to pose ... 1 hr Larry Flint 4
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 3 hr _Zoey_ 7,786
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr Jacques from Ottawa 178,266
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 3 hr _Zoey_ 326
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr PEllen 98,269
Amy 9-23-14 6 hr edogxxx 21
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE