Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
758,941 - 758,960 of 1,096,630 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
Lincoln Duncan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#821471
Dec 13, 2012
 
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol now an expert on French actors!!
L'État, c'est Carol" :-)
Nj raider 1

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#821472
Dec 13, 2012
 
Cardinal of the Kremlin wrote:
"For the past 22 years, I’ve been saying that the problem with black Americans is not white racism — but rather the lack of moral character! Until 50 years ago most black Americans were moral. They had faith in God and treated people the way they wanted to be treated. They believed in the promise of America — that if you worked hard and lived right, things would work out for the best."
He continues his commentary: "In stark contrast, most blacks today are looking for Barack Obama and the federal government to take care of them. Before the civil-rights movement, nobody — not even the president — could have come in as the 'lord and savior' of the black community."
More: "As a result of the man not being the spiritual head, the black community is subject to lies and false saviors. Blacks have been looking for a physical messiah and have forgotten that Christ has already come and made a way for them to be free. Now that Obama has been re-elected, this is the perfect time to re-establish moral clarity. And it is time to rebuild men and families and draw closer to God."
Thats a bunch of bullshit! 1st of all you aint black & neither is whom ever you were quoting so how can either of you get into the psyche of a black person? 2nd, you don't go putting in applications everyday only to be told their not hiring. Then turn around & have a white person working in the same store you just applied. There's just not enough jobs for all eligible americans & the black folks are the targets of undercover racism. Thats a fraction of the problem of america. Yes this is an american problem, not just am african american problem folks. Civil rights is admired more for the sacrifice then the outcome of all the sacrifice giving. I call it the piece of the pie theory. Americas authorities believe if that if they give black america a piece of the pie we'll stop complaining. Though true in past generations, todays generation of african americans aren't sold on that theory. We feel like if they won't give it to us, we'll just take it if need be illegally. Basically what you stated was black people were obedient in the past. What you dont take into account is my mother's generation was one generation closer to the times of slavery & more prone to obedience cause of their parents fear of what they saw coming up in the early 1900s. That fear is gone & will never come back. Everybody pretends to be blind to the fact of racial inequality so our generation is blind to the laws set in place to enforce that inequality. Someone please look up the lowest paying jobs & the percentages per nationality. I haven't & this is not fact, but I'm willing to bet black folks hold the title. As I stated in earlier post", this is a new america,a new era. My people have no problem working a 9 to 5. All we ask is to be compensated for such hard work. None of what you said is even remotely close to the mind of black people in america. The reason white people voted Obama in office is they want to get past the racial inequality in this country. They were smart enough to realize that the better black people do the better of the country is!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#821473
Dec 13, 2012
 
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Belafonte inadvertently spilled the beans on Obama's secret plan.
That's funny with a deep vein of serious running through it.
dem

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#821474
Dec 13, 2012
 
Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
The following is a list of winners and shortlisted authors of the Booker Prize for Fiction:
John Galt
Nobama
I like MEN.

I like YOU.

I like meninme.

You game, soldier?
GOPidiots

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#821475
Dec 13, 2012
 
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignorance can be fatal, they say:>
Certainly true in the case of the GOP.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#821476
Dec 13, 2012
 
flack wrote:
Have to leave for a bit.
Do you know what 'DILLIGAF' means?

:)

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#821477
Dec 13, 2012
 
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Boo! There that should drive up more gun sales.
That should also drive up more mouthwash sales.
Lincoln Duncan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#821478
Dec 13, 2012
 

Judged:

1

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't understand.
Destabilizing the Middle East is the Obama plan.
Destabilizing the Republican party, November 2012.

Americans would blame congressional Republicans than President Barack Obama if talks to avoid automatic tax hikes and spending cuts break down.
Destabilization of the party of tea

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#821479
Dec 13, 2012
 
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow you are f*cking pathetic. Trying to hide McCain's & Graham's lying actions by bringing up a pledge that was not met.
McCain & Graham are trying to ruin the career of a person for political gain.
I guess for a lowlife POS like you, that is OK.
Even letterman thinks he's a lying sack of sht.

" DAVID LETTERMAN, HOST: Here's what upset me last night, this playing fast and loose with facts. And the President Obama cites the op-ed piece that Romney wrote about Detroit,“Let them go bankrupt, let them go bankrupt,” and last night he brings it up again.“Oh, no, Governor, you said let them go bankrupt, blah blah blah, let them go bankrupt.” And Mitt said,“No, no, check the thing, check the thing, check the thing.”

Now, I don't care whether you're Republican or Democrat, you want your president to be telling the truth; you want the contender to be lying. And so what we found out today or soon thereafter that, in fact, the President Obama was not telling the truth about what was excerpted from that op-ed piece. I felt discouraged.

RACHEL MADDOW: Because the "Let Detroit go bankrupt" headline you feel like was inappropriate?

LETTERMAN: Well, the fact the President is invoking it and swearing that he was right and that Romney was wrong and I thought, well, he's the president of course he's right. Well, it turned out no, he was taking liberties with that."
GOPidiots

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#821480
Dec 13, 2012
 

Judged:

1

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Forced union membership should not be a job requirement, given that it has absolutely no relationship to your experience, skills, or qualifications. It's about the same as requiring an employee to be white, or a Christian.
White and Christian = GOP membership requirement.

“I love Leo”

Since: Dec 12

Love Leotown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#821481
Dec 13, 2012
 
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Ooooo, you're the debil too? I thought I was just dealing with the titanic. Dont worry stud, there's more than enough of me to go around (and around, and around, and...).
THE DEBIL? WHO SAID THAT?BUT I'M HAPPY WE AGREE THAT SOLDIERS ARE COWARDS. PARTICULARLY AMERICAN SOLDIERS.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#821482
Dec 13, 2012
 
Cardinal of the Kremlin wrote:
"For the past 22 years, I’ve been saying that the problem with black Americans is not white racism — but rather the lack of moral character! Until 50 years ago most black Americans were moral. They had faith in God and treated people the way they wanted to be treated. They believed in the promise of America — that if you worked hard and lived right, things would work out for the best."
He continues his commentary: "In stark contrast, most blacks today are looking for Barack Obama and the federal government to take care of them. Before the civil-rights movement, nobody — not even the president — could have come in as the 'lord and savior' of the black community."
More: "As a result of the man not being the spiritual head, the black community is subject to lies and false saviors. Blacks have been looking for a physical messiah and have forgotten that Christ has already come and made a way for them to be free. Now that Obama has been re-elected, this is the perfect time to re-establish moral clarity. And it is time to rebuild men and families and draw closer to God."
Your "...things will work out for the best..." scenario is half the problem. 50 years ago, the 'black community' still believed hard work and consistent churchgoing, was the way to provide a future for their kids, just like our parents did...but their kids looked around 30 years ago, and said "That's bullshit - it's worse now than it was then, and now there are a bunch more of us. Hard work for low pay got our parents nowhere, and it's not getting us anywhere either."

The black community is as full of realists as the white one is.

“I love Leo”

Since: Dec 12

Love Leotown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#821483
Dec 13, 2012
 
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Do you know what 'DILLIGAF' means?
:)
Nope, do you know what INTERCOURSE means?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#821484
Dec 13, 2012
 
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Your suspector is broken.
:)
Your Wimple is too tight, KathGirl. Your neurons are dying.

http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/topic/103555-w...

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#821485
Dec 13, 2012
 
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe you shouldn't have moved into a neighborhood with a housing association....that was your choice too, buddy. Choices have consequences.
You're just REALLY not ok with personal responsibility, are you...?
Sorry about your luck, but in Michigan they can move into that neighborhood and not buy cable.

So, why is right to work wrong? Aren't you pro choice?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#821486
Dec 13, 2012
 
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Your suspector is broken.
:)
...and hear you are whooping it up on the weekends:

http://tinyurl.com/cazw5wg

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#821487
Dec 13, 2012
 
flack wrote:
KurzweilAI.net
Should We Live To 1000?
Depends. Conservative? Yes.

“I love Leo”

Since: Dec 12

Love Leotown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#821488
Dec 13, 2012
 
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
I like MEN.
I like YOU.
I like meninme.
You game, soldier?
I AM! AFTER ALL I ALREADY GOT MY FIST UP YOU ASS...
GOPidiots

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#821489
Dec 13, 2012
 
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Even letterman thinks he's a lying sack of sht.
" DAVID LETTERMAN, HOST: Here's what upset me last night, this playing fast and loose with facts. And the President Obama cites the op-ed piece that Romney wrote about Detroit,“Let them go bankrupt, let them go bankrupt,” and last night he brings it up again.“Oh, no, Governor, you said let them go bankrupt, blah blah blah, let them go bankrupt.” And Mitt said,“No, no, check the thing, check the thing, check the thing.”
Now, I don't care whether you're Republican or Democrat, you want your president to be telling the truth; you want the contender to be lying. And so what we found out today or soon thereafter that, in fact, the President Obama was not telling the truth about what was excerpted from that op-ed piece. I felt discouraged.
RACHEL MADDOW: Because the "Let Detroit go bankrupt" headline you feel like was inappropriate?
LETTERMAN: Well, the fact the President is invoking it and swearing that he was right and that Romney was wrong and I thought, well, he's the president of course he's right. Well, it turned out no, he was taking liberties with that."
And who do you think Letterman voted for, Romney? HAHAHAHAHA

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#821490
Dec 13, 2012
 
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Workers have always had the choice to either seek work at union shops, or not.
Right to work is wrong.
And you've always had the right to leave America for Beijing to live.

Stupid comparisons are a Liberal hallmark.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at August 22 at 8:29PM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••