Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 37,934)

Showing posts 758,661 - 758,680 of1,071,105
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Jimmy

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>but man can they belt out Kumbya and hold hands for peace.
here's a funny story. limousine libs in Park Slope Brooklyn are upset because some of their schools are being rezoned. seems they only want "diversity" when the diverse students are upper class or wealthy.
Yes indeed, the Limo Libs are just as hypocritical as the low class ones here.

They love to preach, but never walk the walk. Who will the nutty liberals blame now?
fleasINtheBanana

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds lovely (well, interesting at least)but I don't even have the belly button ring any more...have you considered Janet Jackson?
Do you know what 'DIBELS' is used for?

We are reserving a place for you...keep an eye on your progress...

https://dibels.uoregon.edu/
Jimmy

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>You're a horrible guesser Jane. I mean you REALLY suck at it.
Ann Coulter has never been correct in her life. Not once.
She doesn't even know what her own gender is.
Hey! I think I might have figured out Jane's underlying disorder: gender confusion.
'Splains a lot.
:)
Says' the nutty partisan herself...

You are exactly like Ann, except Ann is always right and you are - not, dolt.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh fer krissaakes Carol! Sometimes I wonder if you just woke up from a coma or something.
Here's a cute classic Republican story for ya:
Republican lawmaker’s proposal exempted husband from Michigan ‘right to work’ law
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/12/13/republi...
Is destroying people's freedom to take an opposing stand against any issue and getting punched in the face for helping to prevent that okay with YOU?
Jimmy

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Oh Lookie!! Nutcase Option found something to do.
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Spin, little Lorac, spin!!
----------
Republicans losing public opinion wars in "fiscal cliff" talks
WASHINGTON (Reuters)- Negotiations are expected to continue Thursday on the "fiscal cliff" with Republicans at a growing public opinion disadvantage and approval ratings for President Barack Obama rising to levels not seen since the killing of Osama bin Laden.
Senior Democratic Senator Kent Conrad of North Dakota said on MSNBC late Wednesday that he thought Obama and House of Representatives Speaker John Boehner were edging closer to a deal.
He added that he hoped something will be announced next week to avert the steep tax hikes and budget cuts set for the start of 2013.
Polling shows strong support for Obama's position. According to a Wall Street Journal/NBC survey released late Wednesday, three-quarters of Americans say they would accept raising taxes on the wealthy to avoid the cliff.
Among Republicans, some 61 percent say they would accept tax increases on high earners.
An ABC News-Washington Post poll released Tuesday indicted that nearly half of Americans approve of Obama's handling of the negotiations versus the quarter of respondents who approved of Boehner's.
At the same time, Obama's public opinion rating has reached about 54 percent in the Real Clear Politics polling average, above the level where it peaked in May 2011, when bin Laden was killed.
Republicans are in a bad negotiating position, Conrad said, noting that the Democratic-controlled Senate has already passed a bill preserving tax cuts for the middle-class, leaving the Republican-controlled House standing in the way.
"And so Republicans are really in an awkward position," he said.
Boehner, meanwhile, faces increasingly conflicting pressures, from the right to hold firm, from the Republican center to be flexible and from the polls to abandon his position.
Lincoln Duncan

Rutherfordton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Poor Jane lives in the ghetto and hates it. I hope you don't murder your mother over the holidays.
Carol
A teacher too dumb to join the union.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
This poor kid is in denial that his hero is a lying sack of sht.
Speaking of lying sacks of shit, there's the Republiclown standard bearer;

PolitiFact Awards 'Lie Of The Year' To Romney Jeep Ad

""We have come to the end of another year, and so it is once again time for PolitiFact to tell us what the 2012 "Lie Of The Year" is. For me, it's pretty obvious. The 2012 Lie Of The Year is, "Trust me, this pumpkin ale tastes great."

But that wasn't deemed a serious enough falsehood by the fact check industry, and so PolitiFact has instead chosen a winner from a list of untrue things that politicians and pundits said, with a special emphasis on the 2012 campaign season -- which is why "we are winning/succeeding in/going to win/going to succeed in that War in Afghanistan" did not make the cut.

This year, PolitiFact has singled out Mitt Romney's campaign ad that made an untrue claim about President Barack Obama, Chrysler, and jobs building Jeeps being sent to China. "It was a lie," says PolitiFact, "told in the critical state of Ohio in the final days of a close campaign."

In case you missed the controversy, PolitiFact offers a recap:

It originated with a conservative blogger, who twisted an accurate news story into a falsehood. Then it picked up steam when the Drudge Report ran with it. Even though Jeep's parent company gave a quick and clear denial, Mitt Romney repeated it and his campaign turned it into a TV ad.

In political media circles, the process described above is also known as "weekdays." But what perhaps set this occasion apart, PolitiFact says, is the fact that the Romney campaign stood by the ad "even after the media and the public expressed collective outrage against something so obviously false."

A big reason reporters expressed outrage is because the Romney campaign had baited them almost a year earlier. After they expressed some alarm that a Romney ad from the fall of 2011 was entirely based on a hysterical lie, a Romney operative said that the campaign absolutely intended to keep lying in its ads, because that was the entire point of them:

First of all, ads are propaganda by definition. We are in the persuasion business, the propaganda business…. Ads are agitprop…. Ads are about hyperbole, they are about editing. It’s ludicrous for them to say that an ad is taking something out of context…. All ads do that. They are manipulative pieces of persuasive art.""

----------

Romney lied as part of his campaign strategy, admitted to by one of his people. How'd that work out for him??

Don't worry, emaam, you've still got Herman Cain, with his 9-9-9 pack of lies.

Stay stupid, you guarentee Democrats the future!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

<quoted text>
Where did they come up with the phrase Right to Work? It should be "The Right to Pay Less"
Actually, it should be "The Right Not to Pay Union Dues to get Crony Democrats Elected to Work Together to Milk Taxpayers".

Either that or "A Major Conflict of Interest"

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Who cares? If you want to be a traitor by buying Jap crap cars, that's your right. You probably think the Bataan Death March and Pearl Harbor were pretty cool too. I support America by supporting my President and buying American cars. I don't trust Japs.
When you are driven into a corner(which is hourly, at least), you then reply "Who cares?"

100% pure Jerk.
Jimmy

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

<quoted text>
You're not fooling anyone here janey; you are the most miserable vile wench on here, no one talks like you do, this is your life.
You're still waiting for Paulie down the street who stood you up at senior prom.
Baaawwwaaahhhhhh!!!!! Pot, kettle, black....
Jimmy

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Is destroying people's freedom to take an opposing stand against any issue and getting punched in the face for helping to prevent that okay with YOU?
It's the LibNazi way.
Lincoln Duncan

Rutherfordton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, brother. You guys are losing it.
Florida went for Obama when you could have been working in Gov.Romney's campaign rather than posting the same fox stuff. Democrats thank you!
Counter productive is not a union term.
Devin_HeelBurgh

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Spin, little Lorac, spin!!
----------
Republicans losing public opinion wars in "fiscal cliff" talks
WASHINGTON (Reuters)- Negotiations are expected to continue Thursday on the "fiscal cliff" with Republicans at a growing public opinion disadvantage and approval ratings for President Barack Obama rising to levels not seen since the killing of Osama bin Laden.
Senior Democratic Senator Kent Conrad of North Dakota said on MSNBC late Wednesday that he thought Obama and House of Representatives Speaker John Boehner were edging closer to a deal.
He added that he hoped something will be announced next week to avert the steep tax hikes and budget cuts set for the start of 2013.
Polling shows strong support for Obama's position. According to a Wall Street Journal/NBC survey released late Wednesday, three-quarters of Americans say they would accept raising taxes on the wealthy to avoid the cliff.
Among Republicans, some 61 percent say they would accept tax increases on high earners.
An ABC News-Washington Post poll released Tuesday indicted that nearly half of Americans approve of Obama's handling of the negotiations versus the quarter of respondents who approved of Boehner's.
At the same time, Obama's public opinion rating has reached about 54 percent in the Real Clear Politics polling average, above the level where it peaked in May 2011, when bin Laden was killed.
Republicans are in a bad negotiating position, Conrad said, noting that the Democratic-controlled Senate has already passed a bill preserving tax cuts for the middle-class, leaving the Republican-controlled House standing in the way.
"And so Republicans are really in an awkward position," he said.
Boehner, meanwhile, faces increasingly conflicting pressures, from the right to hold firm, from the Republican center to be flexible and from the polls to abandon his position.
You are perpetuating the Jew and money stereotype...

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Monsters like war criminal George Bush who started two illegal wars, allowed thousands to die on 9-11 and thousands more during Katrina and brought the country to it's worst economy since the great depression? That monster?
Bush-Bashing doesn't work. Haven't your handlers notified you?

Hee, Hee. I can see why they keep you in the dark.
You're an embarrassment:>
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

The Liberal Media is trying to portray Obama as the 21st century FDR so Obama should embrace FDR position on Public Unions and dissolve them!!

FDR believed that “[a] strike of public employees manifests nothing less than intent on their part to obstruct the operations of government until their demands are satisfied. Such action looking toward the paralysis of government by those who have sworn to support it is unthinkable and intolerable.” What FDR feared about Public Unions is playing out in the streets of Detroit!!

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>You're a horrible guesser Jane. I mean you REALLY suck at it.
Ann Coulter has never been correct in her life. Not once.
She doesn't even know what her own gender is.
Hey! I think I might have figured out Jane's underlying disorder: gender confusion.
'Splains a lot.
:)
Jane and a few "others" on here probably suffer from species confusion--there seem lots of the reptilian about these Garrulous Offensive Pigs.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>Yeah.......on credit. That's gonna help lots.
Please detect heavy sarcasm.
Sheesh.
Well look at it this way. at least they will have a nice tv to look at when they are not working.
PinkOne_StunkOne

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol
A teacher too dumb to join the union.
when you are short on paper towels how many wipes of your hand is required to wipe yer hiney?

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
He hasn't tried his Fenris character in quite awhile.
I'm expecting chief, rags, Enoch, Bronach, Thomas Dundas...very soon.
Last time it was 'Fenris the Big Bad Wolf.'

I've been using that one for the 'huff and puff' nonsense he spews.

I especially enjoy his tough guy act. He's a true poseur.
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>If unions are irrelevant then why all the fuss?
Because they are becoming (Extinct) like the Dinosaurs!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 758,661 - 758,680 of1,071,105
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

48 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Jacques from Ottawa 173,495
Word (Dec '08) 6 min _Zoey_ 4,572
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 7 min _Zoey_ 4,487
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 17 min JOEL COOL DUDE 68,086
Abigail July 9 2014 24 min PEllen 12
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 28 min PEllen 97,408
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 40 min Washington DC 45,432
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info