Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
TSM

El Paso, TX

#821110 Dec 13, 2012
Why would Unions fear competition unless they have an inferior product!! Today unions are irrelevant; we have an assortment of Federal Departments/Agencies to address those same concerns unions had back in 50s/80s!! Liberals/Democrats would agree Intelligent individuals will make the Right Choice so what’s the Stink?

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#821111 Dec 13, 2012
Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>And they reap the same benefits as the union members who pay the dues. If they don't want to join a union that's fine but they should still have to pay the unions for the benefits they receive. Why should they get a free ride?
"nobama 2012"
They get a free ride because the good folks have Michigan have spoken thru their elected lawmakers. It is the law. They are doing what the law says is illegal.
You do not think before you post, do you?
Peace
KMA

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#821112 Dec 13, 2012
Will just have to see how this term plays out!

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#821113 Dec 13, 2012
Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
I find that if I use my teeth I can get the required reaction. Just careful you don't crack your tooth on the metal.
You have teeth?

I learn something new every day.

:)

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#821114 Dec 13, 2012
THE DEBIL wrote:
<quoted text>
DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I LOVE YOU?
As much as you are able?(I think that's from a Broadway song, but my sleep-starved mind's just not what it used to be.)
Jane Says

New York, NY

#821115 Dec 13, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>F*CKING BINGO!!!
Good call.
i don't live in the ghetto, and Ann Coulter is right. you must be amongst the bottom feeders who won't be affected by all the new taxes, especially the ones as a result of ObamaCare.

let me guess: you're on SS Disability because of a bad back and bad knees and the weight problem is caused by your medication. between that, the Section 8 Vouchers and the foodstamps you have a lot in common with Obammy's illegal alien relatives.

Location hidden

#821116 Dec 13, 2012
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
Me thinks you have some bats in your Belfrey. What social class do you fonsider your F*CKING self in?
Any and all above yours - whatever you think yours is.

Next.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#821117 Dec 13, 2012
Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>"defecate in public, destroy property, commit a rape" aren't racist comments? That's what he thinks all black people do.
"nobama 2012"
One more time you prove your self to be a lying piece of crap. My comments were not directed at blacks, it was directed at all OWS participants who did defecate in public, did destroy property, did commit rape.
You do not think before you post. Why?
Peace
KMA
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#821118 Dec 13, 2012
Stock Market down slightly today and no sign of Flack. That's odd.

Location hidden

#821119 Dec 13, 2012
THE DEBIL wrote:
YOU TAKE CAROL, FO' INSTANCE...
You take her. I've got reams of them.

;)
Jane Says

New York, NY

#821120 Dec 13, 2012
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
You make a perfect Democrat. You're dumb as a box of rocks and live in fantasy land. Then you throw in a little immaturity at the end. Do you live in a rat trap?
but man can they belt out Kumbya and hold hands for peace.

here's a funny story. limousine libs in Park Slope Brooklyn are upset because some of their schools are being rezoned. seems they only want "diversity" when the diverse students are upper class or wealthy.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#821121 Dec 13, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't there already laws on the books protecting fair wages?
What other purpose do unions have now? Besides forcing everyone to pay dues to get their crony democrats elected in order to milk taxpayers even more?
Oh fer krissaakes Carol! Sometimes I wonder if you just woke up from a coma or something.

Here's a cute classic Republican story for ya:

Republican lawmaker’s proposal exempted husband from Michigan ‘right to work’ law

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/12/13/republi...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#821122 Dec 13, 2012
TSM wrote:
Why would Unions fear competition unless they have an inferior product!! Today unions are irrelevant; we have an assortment of Federal Departments/Agencies to address those same concerns unions had back in 50s/80s!! Liberals/Democrats would agree Intelligent individuals will make the Right Choice so what’s the Stink?
If unions are irrelevant then why all the fuss?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#821123 Dec 13, 2012
Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>i don't live in the ghetto, and Ann Coulter is right. you must be amongst the bottom feeders who won't be affected by all the new taxes, especially the ones as a result of ObamaCare.
let me guess: you're on SS Disability because of a bad back and bad knees and the weight problem is caused by your medication. between that, the Section 8 Vouchers and the foodstamps you have a lot in common with Obammy's illegal alien relatives.
You seem to know a lot about that stuff eh fatty?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#821124 Dec 13, 2012
Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Blacks are being beaten and murdered by white men to this day. Treyvon Martin is just one example. Blacks are being used as slave labor by giant corporations like Walmart and Mcdonalds and the U.S. miltary.
Get back on the meds.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#821125 Dec 13, 2012
Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>i don't live in the ghetto, and Ann Coulter is right. you must be amongst the bottom feeders who won't be affected by all the new taxes, especially the ones as a result of ObamaCare.
You're not fooling anyone here janey; you are the most miserable vile wench on here, no one talks like you do, this is your life.
You're still waiting for Paulie down the street who stood you up at senior prom.

Location hidden

#821126 Dec 13, 2012
Jane Says wrote:
You're a horrible guesser Jane. I mean you REALLY suck at it.

Ann Coulter has never been correct in her life. Not once.
She doesn't even know what her own gender is.

Hey! I think I might have figured out Jane's underlying disorder: gender confusion.

'Splains a lot.

:)
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#821127 Dec 13, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>If unions are irrelevant then why all the fuss?
Where did they come up with the phrase Right to Work? It should be "The Right to Pay Less"

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#821128 Dec 13, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
You might find this interesting after that little rant.
According to NBC, an NBC/WSJ poll does show dems having a 10% less unfavorable edge over repubs about going over this cliff.
Hoever, the article goes on to point out that these numbers present the Obama White House with a dilemma.
Does it bend over backwards to get a deal or be willing to go off the cliff to make the Republican Party cry,“Uncle”?
The real tricky situation, according to NBC, is there is a good chance we will simply go from one fiscal cliff to another over the next few years which would be politically painful for the White House and delaying any other agenda in 2013.
http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12/13...
..."politically painful for the White House"...
That has such a nice ring to it, don't you think?
Here's the article.
http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12/13...
Spin, little Lorac, spin!!

----------

Republicans losing public opinion wars in "fiscal cliff" talks

WASHINGTON (Reuters)- Negotiations are expected to continue Thursday on the "fiscal cliff" with Republicans at a growing public opinion disadvantage and approval ratings for President Barack Obama rising to levels not seen since the killing of Osama bin Laden.

Senior Democratic Senator Kent Conrad of North Dakota said on MSNBC late Wednesday that he thought Obama and House of Representatives Speaker John Boehner were edging closer to a deal.

He added that he hoped something will be announced next week to avert the steep tax hikes and budget cuts set for the start of 2013.

Polling shows strong support for Obama's position. According to a Wall Street Journal/NBC survey released late Wednesday, three-quarters of Americans say they would accept raising taxes on the wealthy to avoid the cliff.

Among Republicans, some 61 percent say they would accept tax increases on high earners.

An ABC News-Washington Post poll released Tuesday indicted that nearly half of Americans approve of Obama's handling of the negotiations versus the quarter of respondents who approved of Boehner's.

At the same time, Obama's public opinion rating has reached about 54 percent in the Real Clear Politics polling average, above the level where it peaked in May 2011, when bin Laden was killed.

Republicans are in a bad negotiating position, Conrad said, noting that the Democratic-controlled Senate has already passed a bill preserving tax cuts for the middle-class, leaving the Republican-controlled House standing in the way.

"And so Republicans are really in an awkward position," he said.

Boehner, meanwhile, faces increasingly conflicting pressures, from the right to hold firm, from the Republican center to be flexible and from the polls to abandon his position.
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#821129 Dec 13, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Any and all above yours - whatever you think yours is.
Next.
Haha - you libtards sure are entertaining. Do you dance on the side?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 min gcaveman1 46,837
Abby 9-22 39 min Mister Tonka 9
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 52 min concerned bottoms... 98,252
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Rogue Scholar 05 178,210
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr Good job 4,035
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr mahz 49,939
Abby 9-21-14 1 hr PEllen 9
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search