Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
carol

Orlando, FL

#821070 Dec 13, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not a thought, it's a sign your blood sugar is so low you're about to pass out!!
Hallucinations are common in diabetes patients when their blood sugar goes too low/high.
Problem for you is that you said exactly the same things 4 years ago, when he was first elected, and he made a fool out of you by succeeding and getting re-elected!!
I remember your screeds concerning Obama's 'lack of any experience'. Well, after four years of experience he whipped the ass of your Party, in spite of 4 years of constant personal attacks, including nasty religious and racial insults from you.
It's your side, the Teabaggers, who will double up on their irrational hatred and extremism, just as they did in 2010.
Let's review:
"Barack Obama has played the race card, and he played it from the bottom of the deck," said Rick Davis, in a statement issued from the McCain campaign. "It's divisive, negative, shameful and wrong."
Yesterday in Missouri, Obama predicted McCain and the GOP would use racially tinged attacks against him.
"What they're going to try to do is make you scared of me," Obama said. "You know, he doesn't look like all those other presidents on the dollar bills."
----------
Or Joe Wilson with his "You lie" during a State of the Union speech, an unprecedented breach of decorum.
The incident resulted in a formal rebuke by the House of Representatives.
----------
Or Orly Taitz, Da Donald, and Corsi keeping the BC lies alive long after sane people had concluded it was merely a racist attack against the first non-white President in American History.
----------
Or Mitch McConnel, who said ""the single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president."
----------
And you stupidly talk of Democrat irrational hatred and extremism??
You're either the biggest moron in America, or your blood sugar is about to put you in a coma.
Which is it??
Something else in that NBC/WSJ poll: While 24% say they will blame republicans and 19% will point the finger at Obama and democrats, the majority of respondents, 56%, say they will blame both sides equally.

So even though you get to gloat the majority believes Obama holds a clear mandate from the election according to that poll, 53% say they are “optimistic and confident” that Obama will do a good job while 47% are "uncertain or pessimistic".

6% isn't exactly a huge margin of confidence.

Basically, the ball is in Obama's court. He's the one in the spotlight to deliver and prove the majority are correct.

But, as we all know, that has yet to be seen.
THE DEBIL

Malaysia

#821071 Dec 13, 2012
Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>nothing beats ghetto trolling like going after Leosnotta's many Baby Daddies...hmmm...gold teeth, thriving crack sales, stolen Escalades and guns fired into the hallways for fun. if you look back in time on this topix thread, you'll even see that's how Looney Lily met her affirmative action lawyer. he was looking for an overweight white woman who had to "settle," and who had the required purple hair streaks in their frizzy reddish hair and 9" acryllic nails with diamonds (its the "look").
WHAT'S THE ALTERNATIVE, JANE? YOU? SEDATE... WELL-SPOKEN... COIFFED? ARE YOU AWARE WE ARE MEN, JANE? WHAT IS IT, PRECISELY, YOU THINK WE LOOK FO' IN A WOMAN? TRY TO KEEP YOU ANSWER DOWN TO ONE WORD OR GRUNT.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#821072 Dec 13, 2012
THE DEBIL wrote:
<quoted text>
AND YET YOU RESIST? RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.
Resist what?

I'm laughing. It's what I choose to take from you. Why do you have such a problem with that?

:)
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#821073 Dec 13, 2012
Should this dad be charged with murder?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/man-...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#821074 Dec 13, 2012
“Obsequious praise for small government does the Republicans no good when they too are in favor of big government in their actions.”

http://www.redstate.com/2012/12/13/the-republ...

comments....

"If they couldn't cut government with all the wind at their backs after the 2010 landslide win, there's no way they'll do it now. They are unprincipled cowards who exist mainly to protect their positions of power (and the perks that go along with it). We have been lied to for years, that's why they are politicians -- they are good liars.

We are two years out from the next election, the only chance to make any kind of serious change is by shaking up leadership while the opportunity exists.

The fact that we even have to wonder if there are 16 members of Congress willing to stand on principle for the good of the country is sobering."

Location hidden

#821075 Dec 13, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Try replacing the bone in your nose with the diamond ring (now THAT'S hawt)......
Noses don't come with bones. That's extra. Try replacing the farina in your skull with its original content: brains.
Have a nice day.

lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#821076 Dec 13, 2012
Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>nothing beats ghetto trolling like going after Leosnotta's many Baby Daddies...hmmm...gold teeth, thriving crack sales, stolen Escalades and guns fired into the hallways for fun. if you look back in time on this topix thread, you'll even see that's how Looney Lily met her affirmative action lawyer. he was looking for an overweight white woman who had to "settle," and who had the required purple hair streaks in their frizzy reddish hair and 9" acryllic nails with diamonds (its the "look").
Poor Jane lives in the ghetto and hates it. I hope you don't murder your mother over the holidays.

Since: Oct 12

United States

#821078 Dec 13, 2012
Barack Obama was re-elected and the economy is improving. Consumers are buying many electronic goods for the holidays. http://bit.ly/xaKije
carol

Orlando, FL

#821079 Dec 13, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing the union did was take my dues. Not one thing more.
Aren't there already laws on the books protecting fair wages?

What other purpose do unions have now? Besides forcing everyone to pay dues to get their crony democrats elected in order to milk taxpayers even more?

Location hidden

#821080 Dec 13, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Dont toy with me, you hermaphrodidic minx.....
One plays with toys. One toys with players.
Which are you?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#821083 Dec 13, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>My info is pretty well documented, both by scientific and anecdotal evidence. All my friends who pierced their nipples in their teens, are regretting it deeply now, whilst I, with my conservative nature, still have nothing to regret in the nipple sensation department. Certainly not being able to nurse my kids without spraying the four walls due to extraneous holes therein.
Sorry, hon, I've never been part of anyone's job description.
LOL
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#821084 Dec 13, 2012
Doomsday Conservatives: Too Many Hormones, Too Little Plan

There is no Republican tax reform plan. In fact, in the last election Mitt Romney conspicuously and repeatedly refused to offer anything but the haziest outline of a tax plan. He would not specify which deductions he'd eliminate, or by how much, or for whom exactly.

There is no Republican plan to get rid of corporate welfare or taxpayer subsidies. Yes, Republicans grumble (rightly) against the Obama green-energy subsidies. But they have not got any kind of agreed definition of what counts as a give-away.

Nor is there a Republican plan for Social Security and Medicare. In 2005, the Republican majority in the House and Senate refused even to schedule a vote on President Bush's proposals for Social Security reform.

As for Medicare, the closest thing there is to a plan, other than the gesture of raising the eligibility age (which will only serve to shift 65 and 66 year olds into other government programs under the Affordable Care Act), is the Ryan plan, which goes into effect … a decade hence. It's an odd kind of emergency that is so urgent it requires immediate enactment of a remedy, on penalty of national bankruptcy, but can wait ten years for the remedy to go into effect.

If Ryan-style Medicare reform can wait until 2023, why can't Ryan-style Medicare reform wait until there's a Republican president and Congress with a mandate to enact it, rather than use extreme and almost extra-constitutional measures to force such a reform on a president and Senate with a mandate to oppose it?

The short answer is: because there is no real plan, only a high-hormone demand to do something, anything, to defy and reject the results of the 2012 election. Once again: tactical radicalism, strategic nihilism.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/12...

Location hidden

#821085 Dec 13, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Janesays quoting ann coulter; oh how apropos. Move out of the ghetto if you're so effing miserable.
http://www.humanevents.com/2012/12/12/coulter...
F*CKING BINGO!!!

Good call.

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#821086 Dec 13, 2012
<quoted text>Resist what?
I'm laughing. It's what I choose to take from you. Why do you have such a problem with that?
Well to give the Debil his due, and to invoke Marlowe's Faustus, he's always been a bit of an over-achiever.
THE DEBIL

Malaysia

#821087 Dec 13, 2012
<quoted text>Resist what?
I DON'T HAVE ANY PROBLEM WITH THAT? I'M FROM THE SCHOOL THAT SAYS, "IF YOU DON'T ASK, YOU DON'T GET." BUT I'M NEVER DISAPPOINTED WHEN I DON'T GET, ONLY WHEN I DON'T ASK. GET IT?

Location hidden

#821089 Dec 13, 2012
Steve Tech wrote:
Barack Obama was re-elected and the economy is improving. Consumers are buying many electronic goods for the holidays. http://bit.ly/xaKije
Yeah.......on credit. That's gonna help lots.

Please detect heavy sarcasm.

Sheesh.
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#821090 Dec 13, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
Doomsday Conservatives: Too Many Hormones, Too Little Plan
There is no Republican tax reform plan. In fact, in the last election Mitt Romney conspicuously and repeatedly refused to offer anything but the haziest outline of a tax plan. He would not specify which deductions he'd eliminate, or by how much, or for whom exactly.
There is no Republican plan to get rid of corporate welfare or taxpayer subsidies. Yes, Republicans grumble (rightly) against the Obama green-energy subsidies. But they have not got any kind of agreed definition of what counts as a give-away.
Nor is there a Republican plan for Social Security and Medicare. In 2005, the Republican majority in the House and Senate refused even to schedule a vote on President Bush's proposals for Social Security reform.
As for Medicare, the closest thing there is to a plan, other than the gesture of raising the eligibility age (which will only serve to shift 65 and 66 year olds into other government programs under the Affordable Care Act), is the Ryan plan, which goes into effect … a decade hence. It's an odd kind of emergency that is so urgent it requires immediate enactment of a remedy, on penalty of national bankruptcy, but can wait ten years for the remedy to go into effect.
If Ryan-style Medicare reform can wait until 2023, why can't Ryan-style Medicare reform wait until there's a Republican president and Congress with a mandate to enact it, rather than use extreme and almost extra-constitutional measures to force such a reform on a president and Senate with a mandate to oppose it?
The short answer is: because there is no real plan, only a high-hormone demand to do something, anything, to defy and reject the results of the 2012 election. Once again: tactical radicalism, strategic nihilism.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/12...
David Frum is a contributing editor at Newsweek and The Daily Beast and a CNN contributor

Nuff said...
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#821091 Dec 13, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Madame Tourrette posts from Kentucky
Love the right wing posts.
Democrats may be financing the Tea Party in the future?
Notice Carol does not want to renominate Mitt Romney in 2012.
THE DEBIL

Malaysia

#821092 Dec 13, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Well to give the Debil his due, and to invoke Marlowe's Faustus, he's always been a bit of an over-achiever.
DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I LOVE YOU?
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#821093 Dec 13, 2012
Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>don't union leaders also frequently attend "conferences" in warm, expensive locations.
man entering Hell " oh my gosh, have never seen so many right wingers in one room before"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
africa23 - _tel od out fo in protest is spy whyte 16 min africhaiti 1
Obama pardons 2 Illinoisans, including former M... 1 hr Le Duped 2
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Yumpin Yimminy 68,876
Some Valid Points 2 hr Rest of the story 1
How to make a woman squirtting 3 hr GuGu 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr Guru 181,710
im single black hndsome 4 hr ligolyser 1
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance