Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#820972 Dec 13, 2012
carol wrote:
See, this is the conflict of interest, i.e. racket, between unions and the democrats.
Unions elect democrats. Unions then sit down with newly elected democrats to demand more pay and benefits.
Does anyone else not see this quid pro quo pink elephant?
Big Money Republicans & corporate interest pay big money to elect Republicans & then get them to weaken the unions by passing "right to work for less" legislation.

Does anyone see this quid pro quo pink elephant?
TSM

El Paso, TX

#820973 Dec 13, 2012
Why would Obama want a TKO by compromising when he can get a KO by going off the Cliff!! Boehner it’s gut check time allow the president and the Democrats their wishes!! No Fingerprints

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#820974 Dec 13, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
The issue is that the Republican leaders who will be in charge in January are the Republican leaders who were directly complicit in the construction of the fiscal cliff and were directly complicit in getting us already to $16 trillion in national debt. Democrats are not to blame; both parties in Washington are.
Obsequious praise for small government does the Republicans no good when they too are in favor of big government in their actions. And having two leaders as the face of the party who have both been in Washington since 1986 does no good restoring credibility when these multi-decade residents of the swamp wink and smile that they really do think Washington is the problem.
Is it any wonder the American people have come to the conclusion that government isn’t so bad when the party of small government keeps expanding it too? The leaders of the party are the message, not the words. And the message does not resonate because they do not practice what they preach.
Until the Republicans change their message, they will keep losing. Changing the message means changing the men. Will 16 Republicans in the House be brave enough to stand up and say the party needs a new Speaker of the House?
This is not about the compromise. This is not about the fiscal cliff. This is not even about removing Amash, Huelskamp, Schweikert, and Jones. This is about beginning again anew — a process that cannot happen when the faces of the Republican leadership have been in Washington since 1986 expanding government while preaching the need for limiting it.
http://www.redstate.com/2012/12/13/the-republ...
The case is and always has been, Barack Hussein Obama's $3.9 TRILLON dollar budget. The new $6 Trilllon, this piece of work added to the national debt, since he was anointed. What else ya got??

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#820975 Dec 13, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Big Money Republicans & corporate interest pay big money to elect Republicans & then get them to weaken the unions by passing "right to work for less" legislation.
Does anyone see this quid pro quo pink elephant?
He's gotcha there, carol. "Right to work" works great for management, and does ZILCH for labor.

I've never belonged to a union in my life, but, having lived in carnelian red states for most of it, I do know that much.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#820976 Dec 13, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
What hype don't you believe?
The Feds stepping in to help the economy because of a "grave concern" over the high unemployment rate, warning Congress to avoid going over the cliff to prevent another recession in 2013?
Or Geithner telling ABC that Obama is absolutely willing to go over the fiscal cliff?
I'm not buying it. The rich do not want their temporary tax cuts to expire and they control the media. I'm with the president go with the recommendation from the bi-partisan commission which called for raising taxes and cutting spending, let's get 500+ billion off the deficit, it's a good start.

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#820977 Dec 13, 2012
Fenris the Archangel wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama2016 is mentally-challenged. he just cant help himself. Its like Turrets syndrome run through a blender....
Turrets??? Racist old fraud need a dictionary?

Location hidden

#820978 Dec 13, 2012
TSM wrote:
Why would Obama want a TKO by compromising when he can get a KO by going off the Cliff!! Boehner it’s gut check time allow the president and the Democrats their wishes!! No Fingerprints
This may be the most concise summary of the 2012 Republican Presidential campaign strategy I've seen so far.

Good job.

Location hidden

#820980 Dec 13, 2012
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>The case is and always has been, Barack Hussein Obama's $3.9 TRILLON dollar budget. The new $6 Trilllon, this piece of work added to the national debt, since he was anointed. What else ya got??
Barack has a budget? Funny, I thought that's what everyone and their dog was still waiting for him to produce. Oh, wait, Congress has to VOTE on this here-now budget...so why aren't they? Voting? You know: that whole "yes or no" thing...

:)
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#820981 Dec 13, 2012
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>The case is and always has been, Barack Hussein Obama's $3.9 TRILLON dollar budget. The new $6 Trilllon, this piece of work added to the national debt, since he was anointed. What else ya got??
the implication being that our fiscal history didn't start until 2009.

I think Erick just threw cold water all over that one.

so what else have ya got?
Fenris the Archangel

United States

#820982 Dec 13, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I quit reading after the racial slur. If you want someone (besides your racist buddies) to read your posts, quit being such a racist f*ck.
The "university president" fiasco has already proven you are a functional illiterate. Even faced with the cold, hard fact that negroes commit violent crime at a rate seven times higher per capita than the next highest ethnicity, all you can say is "racis"!! What on God's green earth would give you the idea I WANT hillblly, leftist psycho's like you to even TRY and comprehend facts and statistics (after you've consistently proven its beyond your meager mental capacity)?

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#820983 Dec 13, 2012
Fenris the Archangel wrote:
<quoted text>
Your name has ALWAYS consisted of 4 letters; fill in the blank for me please: C-_-N-T..........
Cent? You're calling me Penny? Still the racist, misogynist, old fraud, I see. Convince anyone but your worn socks that you're a totally off the grid relative of a prominent Arizona politician?(I'm thinking John McCain's older, angrier brother.) Get out in that dry heat and work harder on that melanoma, White Trash Loser...
Cardinal of the Kremlin

Bronx, NY

#820984 Dec 13, 2012
UNIONS SHOW LOVE TO THE BLACK MAN Protesters Trash MI Hot Dog Stand, Call Black Owner “N-Word “
SMH. People ain’t sh*t…how they gonna call this man the “N-word” and “Uncle Tom” at the same damn time!!!

Via Examiner:

Joe Newby has already adequately conveyed the mayhem and level of incivility on display by members of big labor in Lansing following the state legislature’s passage on Tuesday of a right-to-work law. Joe focuses on a crowd of miscreants who assaulted FOX News contributor Steven Crowder and tore down a tent set up the conservative website Americans for Prosperity.

But a more revealing example of how the left comports itself when things don’t go its way is suggested by a story at the blog Ironic Surrealism, suggested in turn by reader JPeterman. According to the account, the union thugs didn’t just take out their frustration on outsiders, such as Crowder. They also went after locals like Clint Tarver, aka “The Hot Dog Guy.”

Tarver, who is black, was the object of racist taunts and jeers that included “N**ger Uncle Tom.” His iconic hot dog cart was destroyed, which was perhaps the unkindest cut of all. And what had Tarver done to incur the wrath of a crowd of cretins? Nothing other than venturing to near the Capitol, which action – last time anyone checked – was within his constitutional rights.

The YouTube video that follows tells Tarver’s story and suggests that the sidewalk outside the Capitol was a common venue from which he dispensed his edible wares. A woman by the name of Lorilea Susanne has set up a site where concerned citizens can donate to help Tarver rebuild his business. One can reasonably expect that Barack Obama will figure prominently among the donors, owing to his vast store of compassion and belief in the rich doing their fare share.

Read more at http://bossip.com/696052/smh-racist-protester...

Location hidden

#820985 Dec 13, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not buying it. The rich do not want their temporary tax cuts to expire and they control the media. I'm with the president go with the recommendation from the bi-partisan commission which called for raising taxes and cutting spending, let's get 500+ billion off the deficit, it's a good start.
And a step in the right direction, too. Federal Corporate slush funds to specific industries (pharmaceuticals; agriculture; energy) NEED to expire. I don't like the government having such a heavy hand in the funding of these things, other than the military itself, and I have an innate dislike of 'defense contracts' with the private sector. Smacks of Fascism.

JMO
Fenris the Archangel

United States

#820986 Dec 13, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Turrets??? Racist old fraud need a dictionary?
The scabby c-nut surfaces!!

Dont bother diagnosing my puns; "turrets" = tossing logic from the top of the tower (as exemplified by your posts).

How is the mongloid baby coming along? I trust you allow at least an hour a day off the leash so it can run, dig in the trailer park backyard, and scratch that billboard forehead on the chanlink fence.....

Location hidden

#820987 Dec 13, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Turrets??? Racist old fraud need a dictionary?
Actually, that's the way the Topix dictionary spells it.

Go figure - the Topix dictionary doesn't even recognize the word 'Topix'.

Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#820988 Dec 13, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>And a step in the right direction, too. Federal Corporate slush funds to specific industries (pharmaceuticals; agriculture; energy) NEED to expire. I don't like the government having such a heavy hand in the funding of these things, other than the military itself, and I have an innate dislike of 'defense contracts' with the private sector. Smacks of Fascism.
JMO
Fine by me.
Fenris the Archangel

United States

#820989 Dec 13, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Cent? You're calling me Penny? Still the racist, misogynist, old fraud, I see. Convince anyone but your worn socks that you're a totally off the grid relative of a prominent Arizona politician?(I'm thinking John McCain's older, angrier brother.) Get out in that dry heat and work harder on that melanoma, White Trash Loser...
LOL, carrottop skank; you arent even WORTH a single red cent. "I'll take consonants for $20 please"; "what is female gentalia"??!!

BTW, I wouldnt even CLAIM kinship to rhino McCan; in fact, I'd goes as far as to change my name. Besides, everyone knows the Irish are prone to drinking bouts (which explains your bastardized childbirth).

Stick your head in the oven and turn on the gas (lke dear old Dad)....:-)

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#820990 Dec 13, 2012
"Today does not mark the end of our economic troubles. Nor does it constitute all of what we must do to turn our economy around. But it does mark the beginning of the end - the beginning of what we need to do to create jobs for Americans sc
rambling in the wake of layoffs; to provide relief for families worried they won't be able to pay next month's bills; and to set our economy on a firmer foundation, paving the way to long-term growth and prosperity."

- President Barack Obama, 2/17/09, Denver, CO EPA awarded over $121.6 million in Recovery Act funds to the Maryland Department of the Environment to help finance many overdue water projects.“In a move that stands to create jobs, boost local economies, improve aging water infrastructure and protect human health and the environment for the people in the State of Maryland, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has awarded over $121.6 million to the Maryland Department of the Environment.[EPA Press Release, 6/2/09] Only about a tenth of the Bay's historic oyster grounds still provide suitable habitat. Then ... Others see it as an attempt to impede the work of laboratories that have ... water restrictions throughout the region has resulted in a bumper crop of Bay ...http://www.bayjournal.com/i ssue/7682 - 22k
Cardinal of the Kremlin

Bronx, NY

#820991 Dec 13, 2012
What do you get the guy who has everything? If you’re Beyoncé, and Jay-Z is your husband, then you get him a $5 million watch.
Read more at http://bossip.com/695822/beyonce-gave-jay-z-a... TAX THE HELL OUT OF THESE RICH PEOPLE THEY LIE AND CHEAT THE SYSTEM RAISE THE TAXES ON PEOPLE THAT BUY 5 MILLION DOLLAR WATCHES WHILE BLACK PEOPLE ARE STARVING
THE DEBIL

Malaysia

#820992 Dec 13, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, that's the way the Topix dictionary spells it.
Go figure - the Topix dictionary doesn't even recognize the word 'Topix'.
I'M IN LOVE WITH LEO, AS YOU SURELY KNOW, BUT I'M INTERESTED AS TO WHETHER YOU'RE STILL WEARING YOUR DIAMONDS? AND WHERE, PRECISELY? I HAVE A BIG DIAMOND I'VE BEEN TRYING TO GIVE TO LEO BUT SHE WON'T TAKE IT. IT'S NO USE TO ME, BUT SHE RESISTS. PROBABLY BECAUSE OF HUBBY, IT'S OFTEN THAT WAY. I'D LIKE TO SEE IT DISPLAYED PROPERLY: A NIPPLE PIERCING. YOU OK WITH THAT?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amy 10-2 9 min edogxxx 3
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 23 min PEllen 98,375
Rauner, Quinn clash on Obamacare expansion ahea... 28 min Le Duped 2
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr in the end 50,065
Abby 10-2 1 hr edogxxx 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 47,074
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Rogue Scholar 05 178,618
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]