Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#820958 Dec 13, 2012
Right, left call for defense cuts

Fiscal conservatives and liberal Democrats are calling on party leaders to include “substantial defense savings” in a deficit-reduction deal.

A group of 22 House lawmakers — 11 Democrats and 11 Republicans — sent a letter Monday to President Obama and House and Senate leaders calling for cuts to defense spending to be part of a deal to replace scheduled spending cuts and tax hikes set for January.

Republican hawks have warned of the danger of further cuts to defense spending — particularly the across-the-board spending cuts known as sequestration — arguing that the Pentagon is already cutting $487 billion from its budgets in the 2011 Budget Control Act.

The lawmakers calling for defense cuts say that the manner of sequestration is not desirable, but argue that the overall level of cuts is achievable.

They point to studies from the Cato Institute, Taxpayers for Common Sense, the National Taxpayers Union and the Project on Defense Alternatives that have identified $500 billion or more in cuts.

“We have serious concerns about the careless and arbitrary way that sequestration reduces defense spending, but we support its general intent to improve our fiscal condition,” the lawmakers write.

“We know the United States can maintain the best fighting force in the world while also pursuing sensible defense savings.”

http://thehill.com/blogs/defcon-hill/budget-a...
finding

Brookland, AR

#820959 Dec 13, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
He lied in front of christians for their vote. He then "changed" his opinion to appease his base. learn to deal with the fact that obama is a lying sack of sht.
One day he believed one way, the next day he believed another way. Way to many people on some form of welfare and muslims both home and other nations backing his relection, Republican's has to hold tight on the money problem, and they will, bommie thinking like this, it's my way or the highway. I don't think it's going to be his way this time. I think it's so funny some of the dems that voted for bommie's health care, are complaining about some things in the health care bill they don't like, as nancy said they had to pass the bill to see what is in the bill. Lots of voters are going to sick when everything comes out about the bill, they voted for him, now put up with him.
ole_47

Oklahoma City, OK

#820960 Dec 13, 2012
carol wrote:
This is just a thought. What if it was karma Obama won another term?
Considering the unions are losing in Wisconsin - which is just the beginning - and Obama will eventually and certainly be exposed for being the inept president he is if things keep going south.
If he hadn't won, the left would have doubled up on their irrational hatred and extremism.
But now the proof is in the pudding, the left are pacified and it's the rational people who have the advantage of resistance.
Second terms, historically, are also never good for any president.
Somehow that gives me a little hope.
'How I ruined America: vol 1'
By
Former President Barack H. Obama
Available at amazon.com early 2017
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#820961 Dec 13, 2012
ole_47 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do us a favor and learn to SUMMARIZE....
These lloonngg posts make it hard to reply too...
i'll try to keep in mind that i need to simplify some of my posts.[?]

i'm not looking for replies. i'm just educating those who refuse to leave the right wing media bubble.
Jane Says

New York, NY

#820962 Dec 13, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>That's just who they are--Trash is their middle name...first name White last name Loser, I believe.
and you are the reason why programs like Head Start were created: ghetto mothers who don't spend time with their children.

"TyQuan, git yo brutha, he be's chewin da lead paint agin. and throw da pampas out da winda wit da chicken bones and shit."
rev_al

Oklahoma City, OK

#820963 Dec 13, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Throwing out rcial slurs again.
Is that all you right whiners got?
Yeah...dem whiteys are all racists pigs...

Only whitey is racist....
Repeat as often as required....
Fenris the Archangel

United States

#820964 Dec 13, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Throwing out rcial slurs again.
Is that all you right whiners got?
LOL!! No "realdumb", we have facts and statistics. You know; like the ones I just posted that you couldnt rebut (because they are irrefutable).

Anything else, worm?
rev_al

Oklahoma City, OK

#820965 Dec 13, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i'll try to keep in mind that i need to simplify some of my posts.[?]
i'm not looking for replies. i'm just educating those who refuse to leave the right wing media bubble.
Think...

ABSTRACT....
FOR THOSE of us WITH EDUCATIONS...
Ask Leo.....she knows what an 'Abstract' is....

Kudos on sharing information...

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#820966 Dec 13, 2012
Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>and you are the reason why programs like Head Start were created: ghetto mothers who don't spend time with their children.
"TyQuan, git yo brutha, he be's chewin da lead paint agin. and throw da pampas out da winda wit da chicken bones and shit."
You seem very intimately familiar with this sort of mind-set, Jane. Why you wanna blame everyone else for your upbringing?

Those 'ghetto mothers' really did a number on you, didn't they...?
Did you fail all your Head Start classes?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#820967 Dec 13, 2012
ouch!!

The Republicans Have Failed the Nation

Erick Erickson

The present leadership of the Republican Party has gone from making the case that government is the problem and the American people are the solution to making the case that Democratic controlled government is the problem and Republican controlled government is the solution.

By giving up on making the case that government is the problem and pivoting to “Democrats are the problem,” the Republican Party has failed the American people. Historically, when parties lost, their leadership went and hid for an appropriate amount of time under a rock after an acceptance of blame and a resignation.

The present Republican leaders in Washington, instead of hiding under a rock, have taken to standing on the rock and demanding conservatives self flagellate. Neither John Boehner nor Mitch McConnell are visionaries. They are survivors. They survive by recognizing the biggest threat to them and trying to befriend it or neutralize it.

Right now, both see conservatives as their biggest threat, not Barack Obama. Why? Because while Barack Obama maintains the White House, John Boehner and Mitch McConnell maintain their positions of power. They exist for power, not for vision. The visions they articulate are routinely backpedaled. Remember the pledge to nowhere the House Republicans concocted in 2010 as a second coming of the Contract With America? Within two months of returning to the majority they’d already ditched their pledge faster than a frat boy fleeing a one night stand. Only conservatives wish to hold them accountable for their breach of trust, thus conservatives are the threat.

The very same Republican leadership who paved the way for the rise of the Democrats in 2006 through moral opaqueness on the role of government in the lives of Americans now seek to shut up and shut out the conservatives who continue to loudly point out that the size and scope of the federal leviathan has grown too unwieldy. More troubling, with the removal of the several of the critics within the party from key committees and a clear message that loud voices of conservatism will not get plumb committee assignments, the incoming freshman class and even the current conservative leaders in the House of Representatives have rolled over.

Let us not kid ourselves. The Republicans intend to strike a last minute deal to cave. They will. They are going blind in the bathroom over the idea of bifurcating tax cuts so Barack Obama can veto the tax cut for high income earners and let the rest slide through. It is, as usual, a too clever by half compromise from the GOP, which has spent more time out negotiating itself to the left than negotiating with the Democrats.

The compromise is no longer the issue. It will happen.

http://www.redstate.com/2012/12/13/the-republ...
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#820968 Dec 13, 2012
carol wrote:
See, this is the conflict of interest, i.e. racket, between unions and the democrats.
Unions elect democrats. Unions then sit down with newly elected democrats to demand more pay and benefits.
Does anyone else not see this quid pro quo pink elephant?
Your posts are a comfort to Democrats.
Florida went for Obama when you could have been working in Mitt's campaign rather than posting the same Tea Party stuff.
Point !
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#820969 Dec 13, 2012
The issue is that the Republican leaders who will be in charge in January are the Republican leaders who were directly complicit in the construction of the fiscal cliff and were directly complicit in getting us already to $16 trillion in national debt. Democrats are not to blame; both parties in Washington are.

Obsequious praise for small government does the Republicans no good when they too are in favor of big government in their actions. And having two leaders as the face of the party who have both been in Washington since 1986 does no good restoring credibility when these multi-decade residents of the swamp wink and smile that they really do think Washington is the problem.

Is it any wonder the American people have come to the conclusion that government isn’t so bad when the party of small government keeps expanding it too? The leaders of the party are the message, not the words. And the message does not resonate because they do not practice what they preach.

Until the Republicans change their message, they will keep losing. Changing the message means changing the men. Will 16 Republicans in the House be brave enough to stand up and say the party needs a new Speaker of the House?

This is not about the compromise. This is not about the fiscal cliff. This is not even about removing Amash, Huelskamp, Schweikert, and Jones. This is about beginning again anew — a process that cannot happen when the faces of the Republican leadership have been in Washington since 1986 expanding government while preaching the need for limiting it.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#820970 Dec 13, 2012
rev_al wrote:
<quoted text>
Think...
ABSTRACT....
FOR THOSE of us WITH EDUCATIONS...
Ask Leo.....she knows what an 'Abstract' is....
Kudos on sharing information...
share that with nutjobs who love to fill pages with their dissertations on how conservatives aren't racist.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#820971 Dec 13, 2012
Fenris the Archangel wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!! No "realdumb", we have facts and statistics. You know; like the ones I just posted that you couldnt rebut (because they are irrefutable).
Anything else, worm?
I quit reading after the racial slur. If you want someone (besides your racist buddies) to read your posts, quit being such a racist f*ck.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#820972 Dec 13, 2012
carol wrote:
See, this is the conflict of interest, i.e. racket, between unions and the democrats.
Unions elect democrats. Unions then sit down with newly elected democrats to demand more pay and benefits.
Does anyone else not see this quid pro quo pink elephant?
Big Money Republicans & corporate interest pay big money to elect Republicans & then get them to weaken the unions by passing "right to work for less" legislation.

Does anyone see this quid pro quo pink elephant?
TSM

El Paso, TX

#820973 Dec 13, 2012
Why would Obama want a TKO by compromising when he can get a KO by going off the Cliff!! Boehner it’s gut check time allow the president and the Democrats their wishes!! No Fingerprints

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#820974 Dec 13, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
The issue is that the Republican leaders who will be in charge in January are the Republican leaders who were directly complicit in the construction of the fiscal cliff and were directly complicit in getting us already to $16 trillion in national debt. Democrats are not to blame; both parties in Washington are.
Obsequious praise for small government does the Republicans no good when they too are in favor of big government in their actions. And having two leaders as the face of the party who have both been in Washington since 1986 does no good restoring credibility when these multi-decade residents of the swamp wink and smile that they really do think Washington is the problem.
Is it any wonder the American people have come to the conclusion that government isn’t so bad when the party of small government keeps expanding it too? The leaders of the party are the message, not the words. And the message does not resonate because they do not practice what they preach.
Until the Republicans change their message, they will keep losing. Changing the message means changing the men. Will 16 Republicans in the House be brave enough to stand up and say the party needs a new Speaker of the House?
This is not about the compromise. This is not about the fiscal cliff. This is not even about removing Amash, Huelskamp, Schweikert, and Jones. This is about beginning again anew — a process that cannot happen when the faces of the Republican leadership have been in Washington since 1986 expanding government while preaching the need for limiting it.
The case is and always has been, Barack Hussein Obama's $3.9 TRILLON dollar budget. The new $6 Trilllon, this piece of work added to the national debt, since he was anointed. What else ya got??

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#820975 Dec 13, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Big Money Republicans & corporate interest pay big money to elect Republicans & then get them to weaken the unions by passing "right to work for less" legislation.
Does anyone see this quid pro quo pink elephant?
He's gotcha there, carol. "Right to work" works great for management, and does ZILCH for labor.

I've never belonged to a union in my life, but, having lived in carnelian red states for most of it, I do know that much.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#820976 Dec 13, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
What hype don't you believe?
The Feds stepping in to help the economy because of a "grave concern" over the high unemployment rate, warning Congress to avoid going over the cliff to prevent another recession in 2013?
Or Geithner telling ABC that Obama is absolutely willing to go over the fiscal cliff?
I'm not buying it. The rich do not want their temporary tax cuts to expire and they control the media. I'm with the president go with the recommendation from the bi-partisan commission which called for raising taxes and cutting spending, let's get 500+ billion off the deficit, it's a good start.

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#820977 Dec 13, 2012
Fenris the Archangel wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama2016 is mentally-challenged. he just cant help himself. Its like Turrets syndrome run through a blender....
Turrets??? Racist old fraud need a dictionary?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min Beavis 181,694
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 14 min TRD 68,875
Deat Abby 12-16 19 min cheluzal 48
sexting on whatsapp 1 hr cute_bwoy 1
14-Year-Old Boy Shot In Head On Far South Side 2 hr Taint Shield 4
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr kal 49,174
best joke (Oct '09) 3 hr Always Smile 526
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago