Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 37,911)

Showing posts 758,201 - 758,220 of1,033,330
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Christmas is a violation of the consitutional guarantee of separation of church and state. Making a religeous event a federal holiday is against consitutional law. It should be banned in all public places. That would knock giant corporations like Walmart profits down a notch or two and they would treat there employess more fairly. Walmart needs to be more higher regulated. The holidays are to celebrate the birth of Christ, not to increase Walmarts profits.
How do you manage to stay on the sidewalk? There are no guarantees in Life. Only probabilities.

Christmas is not celebrated by everyone and not as a religious event by many of those that do celebrate it. You are lost in a foggy world of idealism. You sound like the computer that can't make the distinction between "I love my dog", "I love my car", I love my country" or "I love mashed potatoes".

Because you are completely blind to the subtleties and distinctions in all aspects of Life, the world, your world, becomes simply B & W with 64 shades of grey. Color is a concept you will never conceive of and a world you will never enter into. Cold & alone you fail to relate.
dem for life

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Will you be saying that when your child gets his hands on your gun and accidently kills his sister? People who keep guns in the house with children should be charged with child abuse.
true.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>So you advocate assassinating the President of France? You need to be federally investigated. You're dangerous like most gun nuts.
And you're dangerously stupid like most Liberals.
Wrongmney

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

I am glad my nightmare is over, congrats dems! You all ARE GOOD!!!!

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Wrongmney wrote:
I am glad my nightmare is over, congrats dems! You all ARE GOOD!!!!
Unfortunately, the country's nightmare is continuing. I sure hope we wake up before it is too late!
PDUPONT

South Hadley, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe that's because both governors of New York and New Jersey prepared and evacuated their citizens. And their citizens were not stranded because of their negligence. And the mayors and governors of those cities and states didn't have any reason to refuse giving the federal government permission to take control to clean up their mistakes.
It's the bigger picture. It's always there.
You're going to go back to your old lie that the federal government needed some kind of permission to go in to the affected areas. They didn't stupid. Once a federal emergency was declared no permission was needed. Where was Bush when Katrina was bearing down on the area? He was on one of his many vacations at his ranch. Where was President Obama? In Washington keeping tabs on developments and coordinating with the various governors.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
You're going to go back to your old lie that the federal government needed some kind of permission to go in to the affected areas. They didn't stupid. Once a federal emergency was declared no permission was needed. Where was Bush when Katrina was bearing down on the area? He was on one of his many vacations at his ranch. Where was President Obama? In Washington keeping tabs on developments and coordinating with the various governors.
I agree Bush didnt Handle Katrina right from the begining he took the set back and wait approach from the governors where Obama didnt, Obama was on the phone with the governors prior to Sandi's arrival to assure that Federal Assistance was ready and waiting for governor's when ready to request Federal Assistance.
PDUPONT

South Hadley, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all you're comparing a category 1 hurricane hitting New Jersey to a category 5 hitting New Orleans that is below sea level.
The state government knew the levees were not capable of withstanding a hurricane 5 for years but shifted funds to reinforce them elsewhere.
And 95% of the tragedy of Katrina is due to the incompetence of preparations by Ray Nagin and Kathleen Blanco.
But please tell me what Obama did that Bush didn't that made any difference whatsoever.
HEY STUPID! The responsibility for the levees was and is with the Army Corps of Engineers, a FEDERAL agency. You're right when you said that needed funds were diverted though, by Bush to finance his Iraq disaster and his tax cuts.
On June 8, 2004, Walter Maestri, emergency management chief for Jefferson Parish, Louisiana; told the Times-Picayune:ďIt appears that the money has been moved in the presidentís budget to handle homeland security and the war in Iraq, and I suppose thatís the price we pay. Nobody locally is happy that the levees canít be finished, and we are doing everything we can to make the case that this is a security issue for us.Ē
www.pensitoreview.com/.../bush-diverted-levee... ...
What did Obama do differently than Bush? He was on the job in Washington, not vacationing you clueless twit!
You're not only a liar Carol, but a spectacularly incompetent one as well.
RUSH10ME

Gloucester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>If guns were an effective method of preventing crime then Mcdonalds employees and gas station attendents would carry them. Instead they're prohibited by their employers from carrying them. Proof that they are not effective in preventing crime.
Most blacks [Mc Dummies employees] are convicted felons and we don't let those types carry fire arms.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
The sonicfillers of this world mistakenly place "winning" on a tall pedestal of righteousness high above the common cross-streets of Morality and Ethics. If their candidates win by lying to the common man-on-the-street, by racial pandering, subterfuge or media manipulation then all eyes become blinded to the darkness and celebration is the sole focus of the day.
If a professional wrestler surreptitiously injects his opponent with a disabling drug and thus wins, the sonicfillers will parade throughout the stadium in glee. They know what just happened but that's not important. What IS important is that their hero won the match! Like Floyd Landis, Lance Armstrong, Barry Bonds and the long, long list of "winners" that titillate the likes of sonicfiller types.
Millions of sonicfillers are directly responsible for the constant downward ratcheting of civil behavior and discourse. But, hey, who cares? They're winning!
Mitt lied. Mitt pandered. Mitt's FOX based agenda failed to sway the rest of the media.

and now we have a few in this country who have decided that they want their state to withdraw from the union. because they couldn't pick a 'winner'.

want some cheese with that whine? but who really cares as long as you're losing.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Conservatives Whine: This Fiscal Debate Is So Unfair!

Obama's being mean and they're so misunderstood.

http://www.alternet.org/media/conservatives-w... \

the whining never ends.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

When did the GOP become the whiners?

Any short history of the whining sweepstakes should start by noting that a tectonic shift is taking place when the candidates and handlers of one side begin asking, in some form, this question: Why are they being allowed to do to us what we've happily been doing to them since -- to choose a recent precedent to this partisan shift -- the swift boating of John Kerry? You see what's that led to? Why, these Obamians want to turn Romney's brilliant business career into an unpatriotic defect!

The current situation is noteworthy because the Democratic Party seemed to have the exclusive franchise on piteous bleating dating back to Richard Nixon's victory in 1968 and throughout the Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush years. Truth be told, the Democrats managed to keep whining throughout most of the triumphant Bill Clinton years.

The game changer clearly has been Barack Obama, whose surprising taste for bloodying the noses of domestic critics and foreign adversaries seems to hark back to the last time the Democrats were unashamed political warriors.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/01/opinion/raines-...

so the answer to the question: November, 2008.
cheech_chong

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>England's 95% "super tax" on the rich should be implemented here in the U.S. to help President Obama balance the deficit. Nobody needs $10,000,000 a year.
Don't bogart that joint dude....
bureau hq

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Christmas is a violation of the consitutional guarantee of separation of church and state. Making a religeous event a federal holiday is against consitutional law. It should be banned in all public places. That would knock giant corporations like Walmart profits down a notch or two and they would treat there employess more fairly. Walmart needs to be more higher regulated. The holidays are to celebrate the birth of Christ, not to increase Walmarts profits.
Lenin here

Be sure and report to work collecting bull semen on xmas day...

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
We did. But the majority wanted a narcissist who thinks taxpayers work for the government.
Thank you Rush Limbaugh.
NWax

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Thank you Rush Limbaugh.
Thank you, df.
NWax

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Trayvon Martin was murdered by a vigiante who had a gun and a chip on his shoulder against blacks. Now his mother is without a son, his siblings are without a brother, society is without a young man with a promising future. George Zimmerman should be tried for capital murder and multiple hate crimes and executed.
The opinion of a weak mind. Let the system work dolt.

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

killtaker wrote:
stock investors ARE not all rich fat-cat types..
from 1999
-Median equity OWNER is 47 years old
-Had a HOUSEHOLD income of $60K ($30/hour).
-Were married and college graduates
Individual vs Mutual Fund owner
-Individual stock owners median assets-$125K
-Mutual fund owners-$87.5K
http://www.ici.org/pdf/rpt_equity_owners.pdf
You obviously ignore that much of this held by the middle class is in retirement programs that are shielded from the investment taxes.

I am talking about stocks held outside of these programs.

Try to keep up.

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"real dumb"
You are dumb. Without approval you say? Who gives the approval? Union members. They approve contributions to candidates the like, almost all democrats. Why should a reublican union member support the democrat party.
Boy o boy, you are dumb. Do you ever think before you blather?
Come "real dumb" try, and just maybe you will post something that makes sense.
Peace
KMA
Unions cam not take dues & use them to make political donations without permission from the individual due payers.

Its the law.

Get better informed , you're looking dumber every day.
bureau hq

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
HEY STUPID! The responsibility for the levees was and is with the Army Corps of Engineers, a FEDERAL agency. You're right when you said that needed funds were diverted though, by Bush to finance his Iraq disaster and his tax cuts.
On June 8, 2004, Walter Maestri, emergency management chief for Jefferson Parish, Louisiana; told the Times-Picayune:ďIt appears that the money has been moved in the presidentís budget to handle homeland security and the war in Iraq, and I suppose thatís the price we pay. Nobody locally is happy that the levees canít be finished, and we are doing everything we can to make the case that this is a security issue for us.Ē
www.pensitoreview.com/.../bush-diverted-levee... ...
What did Obama do differently than Bush? He was on the job in Washington, not vacationing you clueless twit!
You're not only a liar Carol, but a spectacularly incompetent one as well.
Lenin here

You, duma$$...you no christmas for you!
you shovel poop out of mule stalls and we let you keep warm pile for you! Bon Appetiite!

Kommie Sense
By Komrad Lenin

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 758,201 - 758,220 of1,033,330
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

17 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 15 min Learn to Read 167,507
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Frijoles 65,069
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Lord Hater 42,961
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 5 hr Dusty Mangina 47,034
Who Dodged the SHOE Better? 6 hr ThomasA 17
Song Title Game (Dec '11) 6 hr SLY WEST 1,020
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr loose cannon 96,071
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE