Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
757,881 - 757,900 of 1,095,053 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#820330
Dec 12, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Again the opinion of a coward who never served means very little
Most people join the military for the free stuff.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#820331
Dec 12, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Are you talking about the 489,000 Honda CRVs and 820,000 Civics that were recalled or the 7,430,000 Toyotas that were recalled, the largest recall of all time?
The Honda recall relates to potential wiring problems with low-beam headlights on 10-year old cars. Big deal.

Japanese cars last longer and are more reliable than American cars.

Period.
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#820332
Dec 12, 2012
 

Judged:

4

3

3

Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Are you talking about the 489,000 Honda CRVs and 820,000 Civics that were recalled or the 7,430,000 Toyotas that were recalled, the largest recall of all time?
Gee the top 3 recalls in auto history are all American made union built:

Largest Recalls in Auto history
Rank
1 Ford 21 million 1970-1980 cars and trucks Transmissions that fail to engage Park

2 Ford 15 million 1992-2003 cars and trucks Cruise control deactivation switch fires

3 Ford 7.9 million 1988-1993 Taurus, Explorer, Probe & Mercury Sable Ignition switch fires

A testament to the union quality that you so loudly proclaim
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#820334
Dec 12, 2012
 

Judged:

4

3

3

Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Most people join the military for the free stuff.
Yeah right. Free head trauma, Free amputated limbs, all to protect the worthless in this country like yourself.

It's always the cowards who never served who seem to have the biggest bone to pick with our service members.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#820335
Dec 12, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Most people join the military for the free stuff.
Or because there are no jobs in the Obama Depression.
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#820336
Dec 12, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The Honda recall relates to potential wiring problems with low-beam headlights on 10-year old cars. Big deal.
Japanese cars last longer and are more reliable than American cars.
Period.
Says who?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#820337
Dec 12, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee the top 3 recalls in auto history are all American made union built:
Largest Recalls in Auto history
Rank
1 Ford 21 million 1970-1980 cars and trucks Transmissions that fail to engage Park
2 Ford 15 million 1992-2003 cars and trucks Cruise control deactivation switch fires
3 Ford 7.9 million 1988-1993 Taurus, Explorer, Probe & Mercury Sable Ignition switch fires
A testament to the union quality that you so loudly proclaim
Don't forget the Ford Pinto, the GM diesels, and the GM X-cars, winners all.

But, in fairness, these are mostly design flaws. The union gets the blame for the sloppy workmanship that goes along with the poor design. But, hey, who can blame them when they're drunk or stoned on the job?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#820338
Dec 12, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Says who?
Personal experience.
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#820339
Dec 12, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee the top 3 recalls in auto history are all American made union built:
Largest Recalls in Auto history
Rank
1 Ford 21 million 1970-1980 cars and trucks Transmissions that fail to engage Park
2 Ford 15 million 1992-2003 cars and trucks Cruise control deactivation switch fires
3 Ford 7.9 million 1988-1993 Taurus, Explorer, Probe & Mercury Sable Ignition switch fires
A testament to the union quality that you so loudly proclaim
Those were all design flaws, not assembly problems.
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#820340
Dec 12, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget the Ford Pinto, the GM diesels, and the GM X-cars, winners all.
But, in fairness, these are mostly design flaws. The union gets the blame for the sloppy workmanship that goes along with the poor design. But, hey, who can blame them when they're drunk or stoned on the job?
The union had their time in the sun 50 - 60 years ago. However today with OSHA and labor relations there is little need for unions. However many of those who still cling to the unions do so because they do not have marketable skill sets and or lack the motivation and education to succeed outside the union shop.
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#820341
Dec 12, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean that now Michigan can now hire motivated individuals who want to work instead of harboring lazy, incompetent union members who spend more time on break or filing grievances rather than trying to be productive.
Kinda like those hard working Auto union members caught on camera drinking and smoking pot on their lunch.
That was just a Fox News hit piece. Nobody knows if they were on the job or where they were. They could have been at home in their backyard for all anybody knows. How did Fox know it was pot? Did they have it tested? Apparently it was typical Fox News bullsh't because they were all reinstated.
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#820342
Dec 12, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Personal experience.
Every company makes good ones. Every company makes lemons. My '03 F-150 is the best vehicle I ever had. My neighbor's nearly identical one is a piece of crap. The difference might be that mine was built in Norfolk and his was built in Kansas City.
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#820343
Dec 12, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah right. Free head trauma, Free amputated limbs, all to protect the worthless in this country like yourself.
It's always the cowards who never served who seem to have the biggest bone to pick with our service members.
They don't protect anybody in this country. They haven't done that since WW-2 except with the exception of the Cuban Missile Crisis. They protect people in other countries. We have to stop being the world's policemen and fix things here at home, starting with a ban on firearms and right-wing hate radio.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#820344
Dec 12, 2012
 

Judged:

4

3

3

Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>So what? Russ Limbagh, Shawn Hannidy and Anne Coulter (the "face" of Fox News) also called it a terrorist attack. So what? President Obama said it was an act of workplace violence so that's good enough for me.
If the Boy Messiah told you Obamacare was free, you'd believe him, too.

“wake up”

Since: Jan 10

utica ny

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#820345
Dec 12, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
No anonymous tipline?
none that the local social service office I called would offer.
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#820346
Dec 12, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah right. Free head trauma, Free amputated limbs, all to protect the worthless in this country like yourself.
It's always the cowards who never served who seem to have the biggest bone to pick with our service members.
There are approximately 300 or more military people living near me. Not one of them has any amputations or head trauma. What most of them do have is an alcohol problem and a shitty attitude problem.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#820347
Dec 12, 2012
 

Judged:

4

3

3

Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
We see you are still the loser advocating for the money earned by others, under the guise of being a good American.
The real Americans are not living off the backs of the real taxpayers. You would know that if you were any kind of American.
Really moron? You don't like save roads and bridges? Clean air and water? You don't like being protected by fire and police?
As Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr. stated;"Taxes are the price we pay for a civilized society"
You're an idiot!
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#820348
Dec 12, 2012
 

Judged:

4

3

3

Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm talking about making a mythical Christian event a paid Federal Holiday. If they do it for Christmas, than they should do it for Hannukka, Ramidan, Imbolc, Diwali, etc. In this diverse nation, the Federal government should recognise the holidays of all religeons or none at all.
The time around December 25th was celebrated long before the Emperor Constantine declared it to be the date of Christ's birth. It's evolved into a more or less secular holiday. In reality, who cares? I intend to enjoy the time off and connect with family.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#820349
Dec 12, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
One major problem for unions when workers have a choice is that the unions spend most of the dues money supporting Democrat politicians, even though many of their members are Republicans.
Been there. The frustration level is off the scale. So is the corruption.

Maybe you recall the last scene in Animal Farm where the rest of the barnyard animals creep up to the farmer's window at night only to find the Pigs having a party with him. This happens all the time in union life and the members are either clueless or aware and powerless. RTW will hopefully curb this.

There was a Ford - UAW strike maybe 10 years ago in Flint, MI where the negotiations kept dragging on and on and on....everyone thought that the union was holding out for the best for their members. After it was settled, a newspaper investigative reporter found out what REALLY happened with that long strike. The Local Union President insisted that Ford use the Medical Insurance Services of his Son-In-Law's company and Ford balked because they only used BCBS of Michigan but finally caved to include the President's Son-In-Law.

That is the nature of unions. I've read of similar union abuses in Teacher Union Contract negotiations. Cronyism, Nepotism and political back-scratching. Democrats help Unions in the State & Federal capitols while unions negotiate sweet deals for those Democrats and their friends. For example, in the story above, using the medical services of the President's family, that money pumped over can be used as a slush fund for local Democrats who "work" for that company. Those "paychecks" get "donated" to political causes, etc. It's all a shell game where the unions milk the "bad" corporations to further Liberal/Socialist causes.

*THIS* is the reason they fight so hard against RTW laws and so, too, does the Jerk-In-Chief. He knows where his butter comes from.
I read earlier about how Moochelle was paid big bucks to "sit" on Chicago Hospital boards and get whopper paychecks. It's all legal and nobody can touch them. She "works" and gets a "paycheck".

A lot like unions do.

“wake up”

Since: Jan 10

utica ny

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#820350
Dec 12, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Now Michigan companies will be forced to hire unqualified, untrained non-union workers and the quality of their products and services will suffer. Union made products are by far superior. I try to only purchase products with the "union made" label.
do you purchase them with food stamp?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

21 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 10 min RONE 49,231
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr Insect Trust 68,820
Ferguson police shoot another black unarmed man! 2 hr Hayden 22
29 Shot in Spate ofWeekend Chicago Violence 3 hr Anonymous 4
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr Mister Tonka 97,727
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 5 hr andet1987 550
Word (Dec '08) 5 hr andet1987 4,625
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr LRS 176,650
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••