Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#820234 Dec 11, 2012
K in CA wrote:
Union thugs again at it....this time acting like Nazis in the state capitol bldg in Lansing....just like they did in Madison, WI. If the union is so great how come they force people to join?
Bravo MI governor!
Because very few would pay union dues voluntarily.
carol

Orlando, FL

#820236 Dec 11, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Educate yourself before expressing an opinion about something beyond your knowledge.
Well, guns really aren't my field of expertise.

A other poster brought up the assault weapon used on the recent shootings in Oregon when we were talking about Zimmerman carrying a loaded gun.

So are assault weapons illegal or not? And how easy are they to get? Somebody's getting them.

Maybe you can just tell me.
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#820237 Dec 11, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like Obamacare.
OCD?
carol

Orlando, FL

#820238 Dec 11, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
No. But if the young punk comes after you, then you react by any means necessary.
The boy was 17. That guy, Zimmerman, wasn't big enough or strong enough to restrain him or fight back without shooting him?

If he hadn't carried a gun with him, I'll bet he would have found the strength from somewhere. It was just easier to pull out his gun and shoot him.

Zimmerman sounds like a wimp to me from the get go.
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#820239 Dec 11, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Because very few would pay union dues voluntarily.
The Republican plan is to focus on: campaign mechanics, fundraising, demographics, messaging, outside groups, campaign finance, the national primary process and, last but not least, what the successful Democratic efforts revealed about the way forward, and recommend plans for the way forward, sources familiar with the plan said.
Priebus had told a large group of donors in New York last week that the review would be conducted outside the building and would not be led by RNC staff. But sources familiar with the project said that there are 3 RNC senior staffers assigned to the project as support staff, saying the goal between them and the RNC members involved was to have, as one source said, "both inside and outside influence" to bring in a several different points of view.
But RNC officials declined to identify the three senior staffers working on the project.
Still, the source insisted that "the GOP has problems but they are solvable. We have to look at what we are doing right and what we’re doing wrong and lay out our vision and plans for Americans so everyone knows what we stand for. 2010 was the biggest mid-term win for one party since the 1938 election. Our ideas still resonate, but we need to examine what’s working and what isn’t. We have 30 Governors right now, but we want to listen and learn so we do better in presidential years as well."
Still, given the complaints about the party, the composition of the committee includes at least one Priebus ally - Barbour - and others with ties to Bush-world. It includes demographic diversity, but less so ideologically. Officials said the review will include a broad swath of people within the party, including donors and grassroots members, but it remains to be seen how conservative activists react.
The main focus of the review is inclusion of new voters for future victories, the sources said, calling the eight areas of review an initial start, with other areas getting talked about as time goes on. There will be "informal discussions with small and large groups," and formal sit-downs and conference calls. They will look to give Priebus a review in the coming months, the source said.
The RNC isn’t the only group assessing how 2012 went so terribly wrong. The high command of American Crossroads, the most powerful of the GOP SuperPACs, met last week in Washington, Republican sources tell POLITICO. Heavyweight advisers Haley Barbour, Ed Gillespie and Karl Rove were all in town for the meeting, which featured a discussion of the campaign and the first extensive conversation about how the group should approach the 2014 mid-terms. The group is not expected to play a role in the two 2013 gubernatorial races, deferring to the RGA, but is considering how to shape the next round of congressional elections. At the top of the agenda: influencing candidate selection in GOP primaries.
But before they turn completely to 2014, Crossroads is still diagnosing last month’s results. The group digested a series of 2012 memos mixed brutal analysis with some self-reassurance. In the first category, pollster Glen Bolger bluntly warned in top paragraph of his memo that the GOP is in danger of becoming a party that can only win in non-presidential years when the composition of the electorate doesn’t reflect the country. Pointing to Republican’s difficulties with Hispanics, Bolger, who is partners with Mitt Romney’s 2012 pollster, wrote: "the Republican Party is in danger of becoming the 'Win In Off Years Only Party' unless we make a full-throated improvement with Hispanic voters. And, we have to admit it is us, not them."
Yet even as they attempt to learn from what happened, Crossroads also is preparing to make clear to their donors that they weren’t blind to the difficulties of Romney’s winning the presidency.
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#820240 Dec 11, 2012
One of the internal memos prepared for the meeting detailed on a state-by-state basis the group’s final polling in each state and the actual results. Their surveys were closer to the outcome than Romney’s internal data. Said one insider not to be quoted "Kaput Kaput Kaput"
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#820241 Dec 11, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The boy was 17. That guy, Zimmerman, wasn't big enough or strong enough to restrain him or fight back without shooting him?
If he hadn't carried a gun with him, I'll bet he would have found the strength from somewhere. It was just easier to pull out his gun and shoot him.
Zimmerman sounds like a wimp to me from the get go.
Agree!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#820242 Dec 11, 2012
Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
OCD?
MPD?
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

#820243 Dec 11, 2012
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"nobama 2012"
Check out the 2nd. amendment. It says in part "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed".
Peace
KMA
The right of the people in a well regulated militia, i.e. the police and military. They worded so simply even an idiot like you could understand it. But still you don't.
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

#820244 Dec 11, 2012
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"nobama 2012"
Fortunately the Supreme Court has ruled otherwise. Pay attention to facts.
Peace
KMA
That was idiot George bush's Supreme court. President Obama's new supreme court will rule correctly.
carol

Orlando, FL

#820245 Dec 11, 2012
Fenris the Archangel wrote:
<quoted text>
A) I dont live in a "neighborhood"
B) If I see ANYONE on my private 155 acre compound, I absolutely DO go confront him/her (I do it all the time)
C) I wouldnt need to "grab" a gun, because I never go anywhere without one (or two).
You are AGAIN letting your emotion cloud the legal facts. Zimmerman had every legal right to do what he did without being attacked,and he WILL be acquitted. Besides, you never answered my question: given as Martin was smashing Zimmerman's head open, would you press murder charges against the kid if he had died?
We only have Zimmerman's word that the attack on him was unprovoked. The boy could have seen Zimmerman carrying a gun and panicked.

We also only have Zimmerman's word that the boy looked suspicious.

The police were coming, but he was too eager to become a vigilante.

What if that young boy was perfectly innocent just walking back from the store to his father's girlfriend's house when confronted with a stalker with a gun? He was just visiting his father from out of town.

He could have thought it was HIS life in danger and decided to fight back.
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#820246 Dec 11, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Please describe the rifle and explain to us what makes it an "assault weapon"?
If one of your loved ones were shot at the mall you would be able to describe an assault weapon.
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

#820247 Dec 11, 2012
Well gun nuts, another one of your guys has massacred a group of shoppers at a Portland Oregon mall. I guess he was just exercising his so-called right to keep and bear arms. Americans are fed up with you gun nuts and your random mass murders. It's time for America to get rid of all of these guns.
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

#820248 Dec 11, 2012
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Welfare and food stamps are charity.
How are the recipients paying for these if they do not work?
These programs are funded by the taxpayers (those who are working and paying federal taxes). The recipients of these programs if they actually have work do not make enough to contribute to taxes. Therefore they are being subsidized (charity) by those who do pay taxes.
Military members and their families get free medical care, subsidized food, clothing and housing, all paid for by the taxpayers. Do you consider that charity or is it just another expense of running government?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#820249 Dec 11, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, guns really aren't my field of expertise.
A other poster brought up the assault weapon used on the recent shootings in Oregon when we were talking about Zimmerman carrying a loaded gun.
So are assault weapons illegal or not? And how easy are they to get? Somebody's getting them.
Maybe you can just tell me.
Not an expert on the subject, but in general:

The definition of an "assault weapon" is complex, including cosmetic features. However, the general public tends to define any semi-automatic firearms as "assault weapons", semi-automatic meaning that they can eject spent shell casings and chamber the next round without additional human action, but (as opposed to automatic firearms) only one round is fired per pull of the trigger.

There is no federal ban of "assault weapons", although some states have their own bans.
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

#820251 Dec 11, 2012
sugarfoot7 wrote:
<quoted text>
The women's jewelry stealing thug Martin, after his 10 day suspension for assaulting the white bus driver, would have just dropped out, his academic career was over, a life of crime or dead end job after dead end job was all that he had left.
Typical comment from a white racist republican redneck.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#820252 Dec 11, 2012
Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>That was idiot George bush's Supreme court. President Obama's new supreme court will rule correctly.
When you get to vote four years from now, you will be polluting the voter rolls.

But, thank God, you will be countered by others who value their freedoms. You need a leash, Poodle Manicure and a Master to walk you daily. The Boy Messiah.(sigh)
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#820253 Dec 11, 2012
Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
OCD?
No, just someone who believes that quality and access in medical care is paramount and more important that cost.

Obamacare will result in a two-tier medical system in America, one for those who can afford to pay for private care, and one for those relegated to public clinics.

The result will be higher costs for those willing to pay and crummy care for the rest.
Navy Corpseman

United States

#820255 Dec 11, 2012
Obama 2016 wrote:
Well gun nuts, another one of your guys has massacred a group of shoppers at a Portland Oregon mall. I guess he was just exercising his so-called right to keep and bear arms. Americans are fed up with you gun nuts and your random mass murders. It's time for America to get rid of all of these guns.
Well,it is ok for your Muslim lover Obama to fund the "Muslim brotherhood,"and appease to our enemies that killed 3000 innocent people!Smashing planes into buildings is ok!We should ban planes!
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

#820257 Dec 11, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Switzerland, where every citizen goes armed, has the lowest crime rates in the world. The countries of which you speak, are dictatorships for the most part. We don't do that here.
If you don't like guns don't own one.
If you don't like your neighbor owning a gun, move away from him.
I hear Singapore and Malaysia are lovely - but don't spit in the street.
:)
Tell that to the victims of yesterday's massacre in Portland

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Some Valid Points 54 min Rest of the story 1
How to make a woman squirtting 1 hr GuGu 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Guru 181,710
im single black hndsome 2 hr ligolyser 1
women are so shallow these days (Nov '11) 3 hr Silk 81
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 7 hr JOEL 70,988
CHICAGO BEARS ARE SHYT. Boycott them 9 hr Sublime1 19
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web