Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#819950 Dec 11, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Varies by state and then region of state__stop being stupid.
Which came first__the union or the school board?
Most teacher tenure acts were passed in the 1920s and 1930s, although the Massachusetts law dates to the 1880s.

All were long before unions had significant interest in public schools.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#819951 Dec 11, 2012
Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>The term militia can have several meanings. In the U.S. consitution's case, its referring to the police and the military. When it was written all soldiers and police were ordinary citizens. There wasn't no U.S. army or state police. You should of payed more attention in history class.
"nobama 2012"
Fortunately the Supreme Court has ruled otherwise. Pay attention to facts.
Peace
KMA

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#819952 Dec 11, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
That is totally incorrect, because of tenure laws that pre-date union influence.
Dave is even dumber than he appears.
It was not until the mid 50's that most teachers had tenure protection. Teacher unions started long before that & were instrumental in getting that tenure.

Try to keep up.

I can remember that a change in the Governorship's party meant a mass changing of state employees.

Spokane, WA

#819953 Dec 11, 2012
Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>LOL. Classic.
"Jane Says"
"nobama 2012" dies not realize that for every dollar the Federal Government spends, 38 cents is borrowed. That is his idea of paid for.
Peace

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#819954 Dec 11, 2012
Fenris the Archangel wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, but its been explained to you via the actual article (as WELL as by me) numerous times. The sad truth is: you are just too stupid to understand.
Take your blue-collar, illiterate hick a** back to your urban slum factory, and get your tiny tallywhacker caught in a conveyor belt....
OK Mr Professor. We now know that the following two events are way different.

1) You get a $10K bonus check & your employer pays you with holding

2) You get a $12.5K bonus and your employer pays $2.5K into your with holding & you get a check for $10K

A blue collar hick like me can't see the difference but then again, I'n not a professors of dumbfuckedness.

Spokane, WA

#819955 Dec 11, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
No one will ever know if that young boy was up to no good or simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Which is why private citizens cannot take the law into their own hands unless their own lives are clearly threatened.
Since this citizen chose to do otherwise, I agree he should be made an example.
"carol"
It might be better not to judge Zimmerman before he is tried. In you mind Zimmerman is guilty. After all Trayvon did beat his head into the pavement. Photos exist showing the bruising bleeding on the back of his head. If a jury convicts Zimmerman he should be sentenced just like anyone else.
Peace

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#819956 Dec 11, 2012
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"Jane Says"
"nobama 2012" dies not realize that for every dollar the Federal Government spends, 38 cents is borrowed. That is his idea of paid for.
Peace
Actually it's worse than that. ALL tax revenue that comes in during a given year now goes to SSI, Medicare, and Medicaid. Everything else that is spent is borrowed. EVERYTHING!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#819958 Dec 11, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Mitt lied. Mitt pandered. Mitt's FOX based agenda failed to sway the rest of the media.
and now we have a few in this country who have decided that they want their state to withdraw from the union. because they couldn't pick a 'winner'.
want some cheese with that whine? but who really cares as long as you're losing.
Talk to ACORN - the Boy Messiah's longtime buddy - about winning elections. Talk to the Black Panthers who intimidate people at voting booths about winning elections. Talk to Racist Eric Holder who refused to stop it. Talk to the Boy Messiah about playing the Race Card regarding Racist Henry Louis Gates and Trayvon Thug Martin and amnesty for Mexican illegals and Free Food Stamps and cellphones for his 99% voting block. Talk to the Jerk-In-Chief who bent over to Muslim leaders, blamed the Benghazi murders on anti-islamic videos instead of on Islamic Terrorism and all the while pandering to American Arabs and bleeding heart Liberal media.

You have no room to lie any further, Dood. Stop and take a breath before your next lie causes you asphyxiation.

Lapeer, MI

#819959 Dec 11, 2012
cheech_chong wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't bogart that joint dude....
He can bogart my joint if he takes his last tooth out:>

Lapeer, MI

#819960 Dec 11, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Thank you Rush Limbaugh.
Having a change of heart, eh? Welcome aboard!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#819961 Dec 11, 2012
The failure of Republicans to deliver on their promise that tax cuts would be mostly self-financing is a large factor in the deterioration in our long-run fiscal outlook, and it is putting considerable pressure on programs such as Social Security. In fact, the Bush tax cuts can be thought of as a loan from the Social Security Trust Fund that was supposed to be paid back with the revenues from higher economic growth, a loan that is presently in default.

To see this, recall that the government began intentionally collecting a surplus from the Social Security program beginning in 1983 in order to prefund the retirement needs of baby boomers. The idea was to run a surplus for several decades while the baby-boomers were still working to get ready for the deficit years the system would experience after they retired.

The revenue from Social Security over and above what was needed to fund payouts reduced the overall government debt and allowed taxes to be lower than they could have been without these surplus funds. For example, the surplus that Bush inherited from the Clinton administration was largely due to the Social Security Trust Fund, and Bush argued it would be better to give this surplus to the private sector through tax cuts than to leave it in the hands of the government.

But it wasn’t better. The income of the wealthy grew as they pocketed the tax cuts, but workers experienced stagnant wages, a recession that hit working class households particularly hard, and intense pressure to cut important social programs.

Despite their failed promises, the Republican Party is asking that we extend the tax cuts for the wealthy, and some are even calling for further reductions in tax rates.

However, if the Republican Party is truly the party of business, then surely it will understand that no responsible financial institution would continue to invest in a business that failed meet, or even come close to the growth and revenue projections that justified the investment in the first place.

Read more: http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Columns/2012/12...

Spokane, WA

#819962 Dec 11, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
That's pretty sick and uncalled for.
"silly"
APPLAUSE!!!!
Peace
Fenris the Archangel

United States

#819963 Dec 11, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
OK Mr Professor. We now know that the following two events are way different.
1) You get a $10K bonus check & your employer pays you with holding
2) You get a $12.5K bonus and your employer pays $2.5K into your with holding & you get a check for $10K
A blue collar hick like me can't see the difference but then again, I'n not a professors of dumbfuckedness.
Indeed. As I said (and it gives me no joy typing this), you are just too obtuse......
carol

Orlando, FL

#819964 Dec 11, 2012
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"carol"
It might be better not to judge Zimmerman before he is tried. In you mind Zimmerman is guilty. After all Trayvon did beat his head into the pavement. Photos exist showing the bruising bleeding on the back of his head. If a jury convicts Zimmerman he should be sentenced just like anyone else.
Peace
If Zimmerman had stayed in his house after the police were called and were on their way, he wouldn't have gotten his head beat into the pavement and a young boy would still be alive. The police would have made the call about his purpose in that complex.

Lapeer, MI

#819965 Dec 11, 2012
Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm talking about making a mythical Christian event a paid Federal Holiday. If they do it for Christmas, than they should do it for Hannukka, Ramidan, Imbolc, Diwali, etc. In this diverse nation, the Federal government should recognise the holidays of all religeons or none at all.
Define Christmas for us, boy.

This should be fun:>
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#819966 Dec 11, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Talk to ACORN - the Boy Messiah's longtime buddy - about winning elections. Talk to the Black Panthers who intimidate people at voting booths about winning elections. Talk to Racist Eric Holder who refused to stop it. Talk to the Boy Messiah about playing the Race Card regarding Racist Henry Louis Gates and Trayvon Thug Martin and amnesty for Mexican illegals and Free Food Stamps and cellphones for his 99% voting block. Talk to the Jerk-In-Chief who bent over to Muslim leaders, blamed the Benghazi murders on anti-islamic videos instead of on Islamic Terrorism and all the while pandering to American Arabs and bleeding heart Liberal media.
You have no room to lie any further, Dood. Stop and take a breath before your next lie causes you asphyxiation.
ACORN? So you're part of the clueless 49% of republicans who think a non-existent entity helped Obama this time around?

Black Panthers who according to the Bush DOJ intimidated no one?

The cellphone myth?

It's good thing Mitt didn't get to bring his Muslim Brotherhood friends into the WH?

you really do need to come up with some new conspiracy theories. try Breitbart.com . they're hiring some new nutjobs.

Spokane, WA

#819967 Dec 11, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
I have a way of making wingnuts disappear when I show up.
Mission accomplished.
See ya!!
"nutsucker"
I am here, "carol" is here. You are the one who is the coward and ran off.
What happened?
Tired of getting your ass handed to you on a platter? Finally discover your slurring and demeaning are not accepted by even those on the left?
Go play with yourself for awhile and keep your hands off little boys.
Peace
KMA
Black Wino

Palm Desert, CA

#819968 Dec 11, 2012
King Barry da Pimp is accomplishing what no other enemy in da history of America has ever done.... he's destroying it...an he used da po black folk, dumb ass leftist crackas, gay's an assorted derilects to do it....

“GONE FISHING”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#819969 Dec 11, 2012
SANTA IS A LIBERAL

So you ass lickers and your misserable kids get ready for your lump of coal....

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO THE HUMANS
Fenris the Archangel

United States

#819970 Dec 11, 2012
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"carol"
Peace
I've actually visited Zimmerman's myspace site out of curiosity. He posted in mindless ebonics just like all young people today (even though he's not that young), with numerous pictures of black people present. There really is no chance of blowing it into a racial issue anymore (the media and leftist puscees have already tucked their tails in shame and hidden on that front). It will boil down to self-defense and what force was reasonable under the circumstances. The bimbo prosecutor showed her desperation by trying to hide the photographic evidence of his splayed nose and head split open. He will no doubt be aquitted, given their bungling and malfeasance in the case.

Bottom line; I dont think he deserved to die for being a thug, but its a cruel world and actions have inherent risks....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 min PEllen 98,504
amy 1-25 10 min PEllen 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 11 min JOEL 70,103
abby 10-25 12 min PEllen 1
Man fatally stabbed, 8 other people shot in Thu... 34 min reality is a crutch 1
Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband (Jun '08) 57 min Swedenforever 54,525
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr scirocco 68,668
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr jacques Ottawa 179,459
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]