Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#819749 Dec 11, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean libuhrulTics, bewidlered and confused, frum looking at too many buttons at one time? lol
Not to put too fine a point on it, but exactly what's up with you and this 'TIC' shit?

If you're afflicted with Turret's Syndrome, it's understandable, but nonetheless annoying.

JMO.

:)
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#819750 Dec 11, 2012
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>It is if you wan't the taxpayer to pick up the tab .
Good morning killer
Fenris the Archangel

United States

#819751 Dec 11, 2012
Fenris the Archangel wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a Libertarian.
What's that you say?
A Libertarian is an openly gay tea partier.
dem is a roly-poly dude
forgive him if he seems real rude
his negro boyfriend slips it in
whether dem's ready or not thru thick & thin
his rump is abrased and swollen sore
but thats what you get as a tranny whre
relagated to being a sperm container
and swallowng every passing blue-veiner

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#819752 Dec 11, 2012
<quoted text>
I cant believe you have the gall to keep shooting off that big mouth after I embarrassed you last night regarding Unversities paying their President's taxes. A mentally-stunted leftist like you should crawl off in shame, never log on to Topix again, and voluntarily give up your right to vote......
You embarrassed yourself.

Tell me again.

What is the difference if the University gives their President a $10K check & puts $2500 in the President's with holding and giving the President a $12,500 bonus where they with hold $2500 & give him a check for $10K.

What is this huge monumental difference?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#819753 Dec 11, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>How many meals could be provided by absent fathers? Why aren't you wailing about WHY there are so many who need meals? There's an Inauguration Ceremony every four years - folks lose their jobs, and dead-beat dads abandon their kids, every day.
The First Lady's job is to entertain, and from what I hear she does a creditable turn at the punch bowl. Even if she does occasionally knock over the dessert display, and land in the Champagne Fountain...
In Janes world, black people aren't supposed to have parties; the black President shouldn't fly AF1, or golf, or take vacations. He should work 24/7. You know, like slave days.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#819754 Dec 11, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Speaking of conservatives having nervous breakdowns, I am thinking of hosting a relive The Karl Rove Meltdown party right here on this thread one night.
We could drink lots of beer and enjoy swapping videos of his now infamous election night debacle. Questions? Comments? Suggestions?
Ohio!!!! You bastard!!!
Karl was readmitted to the FOX club last night.

In Memoriam: The Karl Rove Fox News Prohibition (November 2012–December 2012)

Fox News’s Karl Rove ban did not even last a month. Karl Rove’s self-imposed ban on relevancy is going much better: four years and counting!

Just 34 days after his election night meltdown and 27 days since the alleged election-night-meltdown-relate d ban, the political operative appeared alongside Democratic operative Joe Trippi on Special Report with Bret Baier.(Speaking of bans: Did the Fox News public-relations department prohibit efforts to promote Special Report with Bret Baier? When is the last time anyone has mentioned Special Report with Bret Baier in a context other than “competitive obscure-television-show-recita tion” or “likely misuses of the word ‘special’”?)

Rove discussed: the fiscal cliff. Rove did not discuss: Fox News’s alleged ban on Karl Rove. Politico reports:“‘Gentlemen, welcome back,’ Baier said after introducing the pair.‘Good to be back,’ Trippi replied. Rove did not say anything to address his return.’” In fairness: does a Fox News ban really count as lifted if it’s marked with an appearance on Special Report with Bret Baier? If a boring, poorly marketed tree falls in the forest and no one is around to change the channel, did it make a sound?

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/daily/2012/1...

we could do before and after videos.'The decline and fall of the man who fooled himself, and many others, into thinking that there could ever be a permanent Republican majority.'

dude fell hard. he's back on FOX isn't he? how low can you go?

Loysville, PA

#819755 Dec 11, 2012
ole_47 wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is the 'system' taking care of the good performers...
Unions...
"Despite just being named Sacramento's "Teacher of the Year," Apperson was laid off as part of a massive budget cut"
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/sacrament...
and another...
"For example, in June 2010, long before Scott Walker was elected, Milwaukee Public Schools fired 482 teachers--including Megan Sampson, a young educator named an "outstanding first year teacher" by the Wisconsin Council of Teachers of English."
Collective bargaining...
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/how-colle...
What POSs were kept instead of these two star performers Dave?
Before the union, school districts would regularly fire the older teachers that were making more money & replace them with newbies out of college & pay them less.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#819756 Dec 11, 2012
Bill O’Reilly thinks he’s figured out who started the imaginary War on Christmas: gays and women

Comment of the day on YouTube:

Ok, the WAR ON CHRISTMAS is the queers fault? Dude, I’m gay and have 3 Christmas trees. Who the hell do you think is buying all these decorations? My house looks like Rudolph pooped Christmas cheer all over my house. Christmas rocks! Stop blaming the gays for all your problems.

http://freakoutnation.com/2012/12/07/bill-ore...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#819757 Dec 11, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Not to put too fine a point on it, but exactly what's up with you and this 'TIC' shit?
If you're afflicted with Turret's Syndrome, it's understandable, but nonetheless annoying.
JMO.
She is, years off brewing moonshine and breathing in the fumes.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#819758 Dec 11, 2012
carol wrote:
But I've had a change of heart about Republicans simply letting Obama take us over the cliff.
Republicans need to reach some sort of agreement even if it's with an AWOL president who still thinks he's on the campaign trail. Obama is much too eager to raise everyone's taxes and gut defense spending just to get his way.
O'Reilly?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#819759 Dec 11, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Karl was readmitted to the FOX club last night.
In Memoriam: The Karl Rove Fox News Prohibition (November 2012–December 2012)
Fox News’s Karl Rove ban did not even last a month. Karl Rove’s self-imposed ban on relevancy is going much better: four years and counting!
Just 34 days after his election night meltdown and 27 days since the alleged election-night-meltdown-relate d ban, the political operative appeared alongside Democratic operative Joe Trippi on Special Report with Bret Baier.(Speaking of bans: Did the Fox News public-relations department prohibit efforts to promote Special Report with Bret Baier? When is the last time anyone has mentioned Special Report with Bret Baier in a context other than “competitive obscure-television-show-recita tion” or “likely misuses of the word ‘special’”?)
Rove discussed: the fiscal cliff. Rove did not discuss: Fox News’s alleged ban on Karl Rove. Politico reports:“‘Gentlemen, welcome back,’ Baier said after introducing the pair.‘Good to be back,’ Trippi replied. Rove did not say anything to address his return.’” In fairness: does a Fox News ban really count as lifted if it’s marked with an appearance on Special Report with Bret Baier? If a boring, poorly marketed tree falls in the forest and no one is around to change the channel, did it make a sound?
http://www.vanityfair.com/online/daily/2012/1...
we could do before and after videos.'The decline and fall of the man who fooled himself, and many others, into thinking that there could ever be a permanent Republican majority.'
dude fell hard. he's back on FOX isn't he? how low can you go?
I believe Fox is the bottom at least as far as ethics, morals...

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#819760 Dec 11, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Homer celebrates Christmas hence Christmas presents, what holidays do you celebrate?
Thanks Homer, so do we.
carol

Orlando, FL

#819761 Dec 11, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you please send him down to the Principal's Office?
Thank You.
A good teacher is hard to find nowadays:>
When I was in the classroom, very rarely did a principal want to be bothered with an unruly student. But, fortunately, I had a fail proof discipline system based on rewards and consequences. An entire bulletin board was taken up just for student names and five little nails beside each name. The first infraction resulted in the student having to come to the front of the room and put a red check by their name (made out of laminated circles) while everyone watched and I stopped talking (just for effect). The first check was a warning. The second red check resulted in sitting by the fence and missing 10 minutes of recess. The third check was sitting by the fence during the entire recess. The fourth check resulted in the student having to write a note themselves to their parents explaining their unacceptable behavior that day with my signature.

And this is the clincher....

Every student knew that if the note wasn't returned the very next day with their parents' signature - no exceptions, no excuses - they had a choice of either a whack on the bottom (if the parent had signed a corporal punishment agreement with the office) or a two page essay on how to correct their behavior. I only caught one student who tried to forge their parents' signature.

Students with no checks or only one check by their name at the end of the day - the other side of the laminated red check circles had a happy face sticker - got to come up one at a time and put up their happy face. At the end of the week, students who had 4 out of 5 happy faces that week got a sticker on their desk. After 10 stickers were accumulated, they were treated to something special - like ice cream in the lunchroom during classtime, for example, or playing games in the back of the classroom on Friday afternoon while the other students had to do an assignment.

You'd be surprised how many students begged to be whacked on the bottom instead of having to write an essay.

In all my years of teaching, I only had to give 3 students a whack on the bottom. Each time I would say, "Do I have your attention now?"

My students loved me, by the way. And I them. They respected having a fair and consistent learning environment and, therefore, they all learned.

I probably would have had to tell nuc to bend over and grab his ankles on a routine basis. But that kind of gives me the creeps.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#819762 Dec 11, 2012
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks Homer, so do we.
Cheers. Merry Christmas!
carol

Orlando, FL

#819763 Dec 11, 2012
Sorry about the last post. Got carried away.
Fenris the Archangel

United States

#819764 Dec 11, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You embarrassed yourself.
Tell me again.
What is the difference if the University gives their President a $10K check & puts $2500 in the President's with holding and giving the President a $12,500 bonus where they with hold $2500 & give him a check for $10K.
What is this huge monumental difference?
You really ARE this fckng stupid (amazing). Did you read the link, mental midget? Its an amount above & BEYOND the university's publically approved compensation package that is hidden in other line-item expenditures and given expressly for them to avoid paying their fair share (while they advocate for higher taxes on everyone else).

Stick to what you know, leftist phlegm (ie "nothing").....
carol

Orlando, FL

#819765 Dec 11, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
O'Reilly?
Actually, no. Someone else on Greta who pointed out the dangers of republicans simply allowing us to go over the cliff without reaching some kind of agreement with an AWOL president who's still on the campaign trail.

Obama is perfectly happy about the cliff. Which is another reason republicans have to at least try and save the day for all of us and then get blamed for it - as usual.

You really don't have even an inkling about what's going to happen if Obama gets his way, do you? You wouldn't like it. But you also don't seem to care.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#819766 Dec 11, 2012
Is Conservative Media One Big "Racket"?

As Republicans continue to try to make sense of their recent election losses, the finger pointing is becoming more intense.

In recent days, prominent conservatives Bill Kristol and Joe Scarborough have leveled a new allegation: Major players have allowed their pursuit of personal wealth (and ego) to take precedence over larger political goals; that elements of the conservative movement resemble a me-first, moneymaking "racket," where lining ones pockets stands out as the key objective.

The nasty "racket" accusation highlights what's happened as Republicans have handed over more and more of their branding and marketing to media personalities whose ultimate barometers of success (ratings and personal income) differ from those who run political parties (getting candidates elected to office).

In the business of media self-promotion, and particularly the carnival barker variety that powers so much of the conservative movement via Fox News and AM talk radio, it's inevitable that the goals of the "conservative entertainment complex," as writer David Frum dubbed it, would collide with the retail politics of the Republican Party.(Frum has charged the complex with having "fleeced and "exploited" its followers.)

Remember when Glenn Beck charged fans $125 to sit through the taping of his radio show? Or when he charged $500 if they wanted to attend a meet-and-greet before the show? And that was after Beck banked $32 million the previous year. More recently, conservative pundits and outlets have rushed to cash in on election spending by renting their emails lists, while Fox News' Karl Rove lightened wealthy donors' bankrolls by $300 million via his failed political groups.

It's conservatism as an ATM.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2012/12/11/is-co...
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#819767 Dec 11, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, no. Someone else on Greta who pointed out the dangers of republicans simply allowing us to go over the cliff without reaching some kind of agreement with an AWOL president who's still on the campaign trail.
Obama is perfectly happy about the cliff. Which is another reason republicans have to at least try and save the day for all of us and then get blamed for it - as usual.
You really don't have even an inkling about what's going to happen if Obama gets his way, do you? You wouldn't like it. But you also don't seem to care.
Elections Matter: The President Will Get What He Wants

In fact, the president holds all the high cards in this game. If no deal is reached, all taxpayers will face an increase in income tax rates—from the Bush levels of 10 to 15 percent for the lowest earners, and from 35 to an effective level of 43 percent for the highest. Taxes on capital gains will rise from 15 to 20 percent, and on dividends from 15 to as high as 39.6 percent. These increases to be accompanied by an additional Obamacare tax of 3.8 percent on the investment income of high earners.

That’s when the elastic ropes come in. The president immediately introduces a bill to lower tax rates to Bush levels on all but the high earners, and dares the Republicans to vote against it. Result: rates on high earners are up, rates on 98 percent of taxpayers are back where they started from. Campaign promise fulfilled, egalitarian ideology satisfied.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/elections...

Loysville, PA

#819768 Dec 11, 2012
<quoted text>
You really ARE this fckng stupid (amazing). Did you read the link, mental midget? Its an amount above & BEYOND the university's publically approved compensation package that is hidden in other line-item expenditures and given expressly for them to avoid paying their fair share (while they advocate for higher taxes on everyone else).
Stick to what you know, leftist phlegm (ie "nothing").....
So, what was the difference? You forgot to tell us.

Your original post claimed that professors were not paying income tax. Yet income taxes were paid.

Now you want to make it about hiding income from the public?

All income taxes were paid - all of them. Their fair share was paid.

WTF are you b*itching about here. No taxes were avoided at all.

You really aren't too smart.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 45 min well 50,657
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 58 min jacques Ottawa 179,477
Amy 10-24 3 hr your poor wife 15
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 4 hr Wolverine33 654
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 5 hr Ratloder 68,672
Rattlesnake Logic 7 hr i need a bump to 22
food for thought 7 hr reality is a crutch 2
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]