Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 37,861)

Showing posts 757,201 - 757,220 of1,034,754
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

And for you who don't believe me about weasels - who they are and what they said - about Saddam...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Straight from the weasels' mouths.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the TEA Party is REAL.
Would you like to see their webpage links?
You poor lil ignotoad.
The Tea Party is like you - dead from the neck up.

Dick Armey took $8 million and ran, knowing th eTP is finished after this election.

Or didn't you notice how badly TP candidates fared??

Quit smokin' that meth, you'd be more aware of the world around you, not the tunnels in your brain!! LOL

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Fiscal Cliff, Day 31: A GOP Entitlementís Huge Price Tag
Democrats are the party of entitlements, but an overlooked irony in the fiscal cliff stand-off is that itís the Republican-designed Medicare Part D prescription drug benefit that threatens to explode entitlement costs, by as much as $1 trillion in 10 years.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/12...
Thanks a lot obamacare

"In 2011, Part D cost $65.8 billion, or about 11.6 percent of total Medicare mandatory outlays. But over the next 10 years, the cost of Medicare Part D is poised to explode, thanks to the pre-existing trends, and because Obamacare expands the coverage."

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
From a former Iraqi military officer, Gen. George Sadas, in these two interviews.
He was Saddam's #2 advisor in the Iraqi Air Force who also supported his removal from power.
You can take his word or not. Doesn't change the fact that if anyone should know, he would.
I'm guessing you believed "Curveball" too

BTW I have a bridge for sale....you interested its between Brooklyn and Manhattan

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I rooted for Nixon in 1968 in high school but then turned against him when he accelerated and then delayed ending the war until after he won his second election. I was happy Carter won in 1977 but didn't become a registered voter until 1980 when Reagan ran again (he lost the first time around) and when it became clear Democrats didn't have a clue what they were doing.
It was never the kind of blood sport with so much hatred and distrust towards fellow Americans during either Carter's or Reagan's presidencies. Neither Bush Sr.'s and even Clinton's - until he screwed the pooch in his second term, so to speak.
So, basically, Clinton's gross lack of character and democrats defending it is where it all started. Just answered my own question.
Far better to have a President who chases women than one who starts wars he cannot pay for and plunges the nation into an economic depression; we're still climbing out of.

But then, you're very good at defending atupidity. You have it in spades.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

If anyone has 40 minutes to kill, this documentary about interrogating Saddam is extremely interesting and well made.

Extremely compelling...so much so, you'll have to excuse me while I finish watching it. Can't break away.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

carol wrote:
And for you who don't believe me about weasels - who they are and what they said - about Saddam...
Straight from the weasels' mouths.
We don't believe you about anything, Lorac.

You have a track record of lying and repeating nonsense you hear on FAUX. Too bad you don't understand any of it.

The US Government, under George W. Bush, admitted there were no WMD's in Iraq. Case closed.

Colin Powell quit his job working for Bush because he'd been lied to and used.

Get over it. Stop the stupidity. You're too dumb to quit when you're behind.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said politics wasn't a dirty business. I said it was never the kind of outright hatred towards fellow Americans that it is now.
Try and keep up...oh wise one.
I belong to three civic orgs__they are all front loaded with conservatives, some hard right and even racist. I don't see any hatred when we gather, a lot of tongue biting and snickering but no hatred.

Obviously you aren't intelligent or mature enough to involve yourself in politics beyond this racist anonymous thread.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
That's like saying going after Hitler in WWII would mean "innocent people will die."
The fact that even more innocent people would die in gas chambers, massacres, scientific experiments and would suffer unimaginable deaths simply can't be grasped by Democrats.
Is dying to end evil atrocities worse than dying because of them?
There you go again with your idiotic analogies.

We didn't go to war with Hitler because he was a 'bad man'.

We didn't go to war against Hitler because he was gassing Jews, even though we knew about it.

We went to War with Hitler to defend our allies and ourselves.

Hitler was on the offensive, having taken over most of Europe before we got involved.

If Iraq was justified, why not Myanmar?? North Korea?? Syria, Libya, Egypt, Saudi Arabia??

You hang your whole defense on the fact that Saddam was a bad man. Well, we sold him the chemicals he used to gas the Kurds, we supported him in the War with Iran, he was our ally until 1989.

Yet suddenly he must be removed??

You're as crazy as the neocons. Difference is, they've admitted Iraq was a mistake.

You're dumb enough to continue to defend a complete debacle for the USA.
Lincoln Duncan

Rutherfordton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

carol wrote:
And then there was Saddam's nuclear scientist...Saddam Hid Biological and Chemical WMD...on Al-Fayhaa TV in 2004.
EDn0bWWeng
Youtube is for people who can't read books
Lincoln Duncan

Rutherfordton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

carol wrote:
If anyone has 40 minutes to kill, this documentary about interrogating Saddam is extremely interesting and well made.
Extremely compelling...so much so, you'll have to excuse me while I finish watching it. Can't break away.
Libraries are open and have books ....
Nj raider 1

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
In case the poster, Chicago, hasn't said this yet.
The Senate voted to approve The Joint Resolution to Authorize the Use of United States Armed Forces Against Iraq with the support of large bipartisan majorities on October 11, 2002, providing the Bush administration with a legal basis for the U.S. invasion under U.S. law.
It cited the Iraq Liberation Act of 1998, the resolution signed by former President Clinton, that it should be the policy of the United States to remove the Hussein regime and promote a democratic replacement.
Who do ya'll think the United States is? I dont care if the senate vote & approved the bill. That is a sovereign nation & it takes an act of war for 1 country too invade another under UN policy & agreement of all cooperating countries. Otherwise whats stopping any other country from invading the US? Did I mention the fact that bush flat out lied to congress about his reasons for invading iraq? The while thing sinks to high heaven & your 1 of the 3 blind mice for believing & supporting his thoughtless decision. & ya'll want to ride Obama for benghazi. You got to be kidding!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks a lot obamacare
"In 2011, Part D cost $65.8 billion, or about 11.6 percent of total Medicare mandatory outlays. But over the next 10 years, the cost of Medicare Part D is poised to explode, thanks to the pre-existing trends, and because Obamacare expands the coverage."
Time to correct the huge mistake Bush made.

Medicare MUST be allowed to get competetive pricing from drug companies, something th eBush Medicare rule did not allow.

But the VA can negotiate prices. Which is why they spend far less on medicines per patient than does Medicare.

If you weern't so busy with your 9-9-9 stupidity,you might have figured it out for yourself!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA
Fenris the Archangel

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Time to correct the huge mistake Bush made.
Medicare MUST be allowed to get competetive pricing from drug companies, something th eBush Medicare rule did not allow.
But the VA can negotiate prices. Which is why they spend far less on medicines per patient than does Medicare.
If you weern't so busy with your 9-9-9 stupidity,you might have figured it out for yourself!!
HAHAHAHAHAHA
Are you still here, you doddering old phag? Did they finally evict you from the stalls at the bus depot? Maybe your fellow tub of goo "dem" will take you as his wife (or hubby, whichever the case may be).

Get used to it; Obama will accomplish very few of his 2nd term goals (because the House wont allow it).

Enjoy, polesmoker....

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
seeing as how Reagan raised taxes 11 times, your point just went to shyte.
and i think that's how Bush got a surplus to spend down. you know, when Bill raised taxes on the rich.
talk about not getting it.
"The effects of increasing taxes on Treasury receipts can be seen in the Clinton and Democrat-controlled congressional tax increase of 1993, one of the largest in history. Despite a more robust job market following a recession, the 1993 tax increase didn't accomplish what Democrats expected. The tax increases added very little to treasury receipts despite their magnitude. Reports from the Congressional Budget Office, the Office of Management and Budget, and the Internal Revenue Service all agree.

In fact, the balanced budgets of the Clinton years didn't occur until after a Republican Congress passed and the president reluctantly signed a 1997 tax bill that lowered the capital gains rate from 28% to 20%, added a child tax credit, and established higher limits on tax exclusion for IRAs and estates.†"

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
Being bipartisan will help in the reducing taxes on 98% of Americans.
Republicans seems to be coming around.
98%? How is that possible when 47% already don't pay federal income taxes?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

carol wrote:
Translation from Loracspeak;

""I'm getting beaten up on my Iraq defense ignorance. Time for me to leave for awhile. Sure wish Bush hadn't admitted there were no WMD's""

Run off, Lorac. It's what you do when you've been caught in a series of lies and back yourself into a corner with them.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush asked the UN. DUH
You really don't know anything, do you??
"Bush asks UN for help in Iraq
Resolution is defeat for hawks in White House
The Bush administration suffered a humiliating diplomatic climbdown over Iraq yesterday as it presented a draft resolution to the UN, asking for military and financial help to rescue it from the ballooning human, financial and political costs of the occupation.
The draft resolution calls for a security council mandate for a multinational military force, under a unified command and with American commanders ultimately in charge.
The draft will also invite the Iraqi governing council to set out its own timetable for elections which will be administered by the US, and a return to sovereignty.
The Americans hope a UN mandate will pave the way for other states, such as Pakistan, India and Turkey, to contribute troops on the ground to assist with the deteriorating security situation.
"Certainly, the United States will continue to play a dominant role," the secretary of state, Colin Powell, said. "But a dominant role does not mean the only role."
With the Bush administration having sidestepped the UN in order to go to war, the move marks a defeat for the White House, where defence department hawks had dismissed the UN as irrelevant. But the move will nonetheless come under stern criticism from the French, Germans and security council members who have argued that if the international community is going to share the burdens of occupation, it must share the decision-making.
Diplomats expect France to exact a heavy price for agreeing to the resolution. A vote is not expected for several weeks.
"The authority in Iraq should be the UN, as opposed to the occupying powers," said Mexico's UN ambassador, Adolfo Aguilar Zinser, a security council member.
The UN secretary general, Kofi Annan, has made it clear that he does not want UN blue helmets to be deployed in Iraq."
----------
Apparently FAUX has not been telling you the truth, Lorac!!
Dude, this obsession you have with carol is getting out of hand. Walk away from topix for a while.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

carol wrote:
And then there was Saddam's nuclear scientist...Saddam Hid Biological and Chemical WMD...on Al-Fayhaa TV in 2004.
And yet, no American leader ever agreed with this nonsense.

Ya really think Bush wanted to admit there were no WMD's in Iraq??

Ya really think they didn't try every idea to make it appear there were WMD's??

As for the idiots who claim they were taken to Syria -- why didn't Bush try that one?? Surely there would be satellite images??

The US Government officially declared there were no WMD's found in Iraq after invasion. Case closed.

For you to continue to suggest otherwise only proves how far out of touch with reality you are, Lorac. And how hateful and in denial you remain.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Nj raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Who do ya'll think the United States is? I dont care if the senate vote & approved the bill. That is a sovereign nation & it takes an act of war for 1 country too invade another under UN policy & agreement of all cooperating countries. Otherwise whats stopping any other country from invading the US? Did I mention the fact that bush flat out lied to congress about his reasons for invading iraq? The while thing sinks to high heaven & your 1 of the 3 blind mice for believing & supporting his thoughtless decision. & ya'll want to ride Obama for benghazi. You got to be kidding!
France and Germany laughed "officially" at BushCo's stupidity in invading Iraq, Turkey wouldn't grant US permission to launch a ground invasion from the North, through Kurd country and then reneged on allowing US flyovers.

It may have been the worst US military planning since the battle of little big horn.

Rummy say, "Twenty five billion tops, slam dunk and the oil will pay for the reconstruction." Rummy was off target by about three trillion smackeroo's.

Worst Presidential administration in my lifetime and perhaps in American history.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 757,201 - 757,220 of1,034,754
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]