Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 37,849)

Showing posts 756,961 - 756,980 of1,073,282
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
ole_47

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>pj media??? Who do think you are__fred/Paul
That sht happens at Orlando International several times per month and usually results in dropped charges.
Got anything worthwhile to report?
Newsflash!!!!

Realtime enjoys flushing and watching his ka ka go round in circles...

Movie at 11....
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

The Journal’s Tax Advice

The Wall Street Journal editors are unhappy about the present correlation of political forces. Who isn't? They're also, I gather, unhappy about "Beltway sages" who, facing the fact that the Bush tax cuts expire at the end of this year, have suggested Republicans accept a modest increase in tax rates for the wealthy while leading the charge to keep taxes from rising for 98 percent of the American people.

It would be great if the Journal editors had a better idea of what Republicans could do. They don't.

https://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/journal-...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

So what's the latest? Did Carol drive off the fiscal cliff yet?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Like they did in the late 90's?
How did people this f*cking stupid get to be CEO's? Or is it they think they are so much smarter and can dupe everyone with the same ease as they dupes thew Galts?
One man's opinion, but the point is that many will reach a limit where they are no longer willing to bust their asses or take risks to support a gang of thieving moochers.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
In 2016 Democrats will have a white candidate whose middle name in not Hussein. Bad news of GOP?
Or perhaps good news because that will reduce turnout of the Democrat base.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
The Game to Play Is Compromise Solution
Talking to plugged-in Republicans over the weekend, I got a couple overarching impressions. The first is a real, and not merely theatrical, pessimism that lawmakers in Washington are going to be spending Christmas with each other, and that we very well may go over the “fiscal cliff.” Republicans see in these negotiations an asymmetry of incentives. It’s not simply that President Obama has more leverage than House Republicans, or that he “holds all the cards,” or that he’s willing to go over the cliff. It’s that Obama wants to go over the cliff. He gets what he’s after with no resistance: more revenue, cuts to defense, and entitlements untouched.
Does he want millions of taxpayers to get hit with the Alternative Minimum Tax? Rates to go up on the middle- and working-class? Worse still, another recession? Of course not. But, as Bill Kristol writes, Obama knows that,
Republicans will fold with lightning speed after we go over the tax cliff on January 1.… If we go over the cliff, there won’t be damage to Obama’s chances of second-term success. Quite the contrary. What Republicans will have done is to make Democrats the party of tax cuts and Obama a president fighting for economic growth. As I say, it won’t happen. Most Republicans will go along soon after January 1 with what will now be the Democrats’ tax cutting agenda.
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/the-ga...
Compromise? Bah, if that is the game then the Tea Baggers have already lost. Have you ever met I mean ever a Tea Bagger willing to compromise?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

The second paragraph is the Journal's attempted answer to the problem. But it turns out to be no answer at all.

It's true that "Mr. Obama also can't get what he wants without House Republicans. He needs their votes to extend current rates for lower-income taxpayers, as well as to prevent the Alternative Minimum Tax from hitting 27 million more taxpayers." But think for a minute about the implications of what the Journal seems to be saying. The Journal editors believe that after January 1, when taxes will have gone up for everyone, House Republicans will block Democratic legislation that would cut taxes—that would restore the lower 2012 rates for the vast majority of taxpayers, fix the Alternative Minimum Tax, and for that matter would probably offer a compromise on dividends and the death tax better than what will be the new dividend rate of 39 percent and death tax of 55 percent with a $1 million exemption.

Will Republicans really oppose such legislation? President Obama will be beating the drums for this tax cut. Senate Democrats will pass this tax cut. If Senate Republicans vote against it, it won't be "Senate Democrats running for re-election in 2014" who will have a tax hike on their resumes. It will be Senate Republicans who will have voted against cutting taxes. And if House Republicans block such legislation, it will be they, and they alone, insisting on higher taxes.

https://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/journal-...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Time.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Compromise? Bah, if that is the game then the Tea Baggers have already lost. Have you ever met I mean ever a Tea Bagger willing to compromise?
don't you just hate it when Republicans want to raise our taxes?

so no, never seen that mythical creature.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

ole_47 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you Asian?
No. Demos/Tenzing New York Jewish.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Homer wrote:
So what's the latest? Did Carol drive off the fiscal cliff yet?
I'm still here...and over the disappointment of you being my former topix BFF.

You're just another liberal who loves perverts.

Okay, now I'm disappointed again.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Carter wrote:
<quoted text> You suffer from very low self-esteem, as do most obama worshippers.
This is great!!

I've got two of Nobraina's sockpuppets on the hook!!

Silly weenie!!

You answered using the wrong sockpuppet.

Try and keep them straight, Nobraina!!

I'm lovin' it!!
ole_47

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Why GM and Chrysler RAN to Mexico...

"GM workers in Mexico earn wages and benefits of 340 pesos a day ($26.40) on average, or less than $4 an hour, said Tereso Medina, head of the union for GM’s 5,000 workers in Saltillo, a city that makes one in four Mexican autos."

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-06-09/gm-f...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

ole_47 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gass guzzlin Jeeps are envogue now?
Sure, ask Emaam and Carol.

They both drive the pieces of crap.

Of course, we all know that conservatives don't believe in conserving anything, don't we??

Except for conserving tax cuts for the ultra wealthy, that is!!

ROFLMAO!!
Carter

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
This is great!!
I've got two of Nobraina's sockpuppets on the hook!!
Silly weenie!!
You answered using the wrong sockpuppet.
Try and keep them straight, Nobraina!!
I'm lovin' it!!
Thank you for proving that obama-worshippers are as clueless as I said. LOL

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm still here...and over the disappointment of you being my former topix BFF.
You're just another liberal who loves perverts.
Okay, now I'm disappointed again.
You never noticed how Homer has mocked you for the past years?? Flew right over the cuckoo's nest, didn't it??

Wow!! Homer is really good!!

ROFLMAO!!
ole_47

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Why move to mexico to make a car?

"Including benefits such as pensions, health care and overtime pay, the CAW’s total average labour cost is about US$60 an hour, according to the Center for Automotive Research in Ann Arbor, Michigan. That compares with US$58 for U.S. workers at Ford, US$56 for GM and about US$52 at Chrysler."

while in Mexico...

"In Mexico, base hourly wages are just US$2 per hour, with all-in costs about US$4-$5 per hour, said CAW economist Jim Stanford. Other estimates put all-in hourly costs at US$5 to US$5.50 in Mexico"

http://business.financialpost.com/2012/09/14/...
ole_47

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Demos/Tenzing New York Jewish.
Figures...
ole_47

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, ask Emaam and Carol.
They both drive the pieces of crap.
Of course, we all know that conservatives don't believe in conserving anything, don't we??
Except for conserving tax cuts for the ultra wealthy, that is!!
ROFLMAO!!
You drive a Honda CRV right?
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Still spinning, eh Lorac??
In spite of your lies, Ron Reagan, his son, just might have more insight than you, who needs utube to get her info;
----------
Ronald Reagan was showing signs of Alzheimer’s while still in office, according to his son Ron Reagan.
In his memoir “My Father at 100,” Reagan writes:
“Today we are aware that the psychological and neurological changes associated with Alzheimer’s can be in evidence years, even decades, before identifiable symptoms arise. The question, then, of whether my father suffered from the beginning stages of Alzheimer’s while in office more of less answers itself.”
Ron Reagan recounts having concerns as far back as 1984.
"Watching the first of his two debates with 1984 Democratic presidential nominee Walter Mondale, I began to experience the nausea of a bad dream coming true. At 73, Ronald Reagan would be the oldest president ever reelected...[M]y father now seemed to be giving them legitimate reason for concern. My heart sank as he floundered his way through his responses, fumbling with notes, uncharacteristically lost for words. He looked tired and bewildered."
Two years later the president expressed his own concern about his failing memory:
“My father might himself have suspected that all was not as it should be. As far back as August 1986 he had been alarmed to discover, while flying over the familiar canyons north of Los Angeles, that he could no longer summon their names.”
Ron Reagan writes that there is “no evidence that my father (or anyone else) was aware of his medical condition while he was in office.”
“Had the diagnosis been made in, say, 1987, would he have stepped down? I believe he would have.”
In 1994, President Reagan revealed to the nation that he had been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s. But earlier, in 1989, doctors operating on Reagan expressed their belief he was suffering from the degenerative disease.
Ron Reagan writes that in July 1989, his father was thrown off a horse while visiting friends in Mexico. He received medical attention at a hospital in San Diego. When surgeons opened the president’s skull to relieve pressure they “detected what they took to be probable signs of Alzheimer’s disease.” But no formal diagnosis was given.
Ron Reagan says the doctors gossiped about the likelihood his father was suffering from Alzheimer's.
“I have since learned from a doctor who happened to be interning at the hospital when my father was brought in that surgeons involved in his care, in what my informant characterized as ‘shameful’ behavior, violated my father’s right to medical privacy by subsequently gossiping about his condition.”
This is like your Terri Schiavo nonsense.You knew nothingabout the case, yet insisted she was fine and her husband should have his rights taken away.
Right up until the autopsy, where they found her brain was completely atrophied, much like yours.
You're talking thru your fat azz again, Lorac. Have another cigarette!!
Ron Reagan is a far left liberal loon.

He isn't even invited as a guest on liberal commentator shows anymore.

Guess he had to get revenge after losing his 15 minutes of fame by writing that book.

Reagan's other son, Michael, completely contradicts that book.

So it's Reagan's far left liberal loon son's word - who has done everything possible to disrespect and dishonor his dead father's legacy - against his other son's word, the ideal son, who has done everything possible to respect and honor his dead father's legacy.

I pick Michael. You can have the loon. Nobody else wants him.

(By the way, it would leave a bad taste in my mouth if Amy Carter wrote a book destroying her father's character after his death too. And I don't even like Carter. It's just bad form.)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 756,961 - 756,980 of1,073,282
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

20 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 9 min Rogue Scholar 05 173,786
Woman shot dead on Chicago expressway 23 min Susan 3
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 40 min Independent1 4,489
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 43 min KiMare 48,702
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 2 hr the plain truth 1,833
St. Vincent DePaul Store Thrift Store Moving to... 5 hr IsBerkotsCheaperthanJewel 4
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 hr No Warming 45,601
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••