Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
756,961 - 756,980 of 1,100,309 Comments Last updated 9 min ago

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#819318 Dec 10, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you keep on insisting Ron Reagan is a far left liberal loon?
Who else close to Reagan is saying this? Name just one person. Anyone.
You're confused again. Must be your alzheimers.

You call Ron a liberal lon and blame me?? You really are whacked, desperate!!

Then there's this:

"Over the years, White House reporters often wondered about Reagan's alertness, especially toward the end of his second term. At times, he paused and appeared to look into the distance as he formulated answers to questions or responded to situations. Journalists were unsure whether it was part of his hearing impairment or something else. When asked a question that he could not or would not answer, Reagan would sometimes say, "they [his staff] haven't told me what I'm doing yet."

At a photo-op, reporters asked about the perceived the lack of progress on arms control talks with the Soviet Union. As the president pondered the query, Nancy Reagan whispered, "Doing the best we can." Taking the cue, Ronald Reagan repeated, "We're doing the best we can."

Reagan also once mistook his housing secretary Samuel R. Pierce Jr. for a city mayor. "Hello Mr. Mayor," he said to the only cabinet secretary to serve through both Reagan terms.

Several years after Reagan left office, I asked a former White House staffer who frequently saw the president if he (Reagan) always recognized him. The man said, "He knew my face and he knew my name but not always at the same time."

Physicians diagnosed Reagan with Alzheimer's approximately five years after he left office but the date of the onset will likely be pondered by political historians and medical experts for years to come.""

----------

Hate to burst your bubble, Lorac.

You're as dead wrong on this as you were on Terri Schiavo. LOL

Remember your blind stupidity on that one?? I do!!

Location hidden

#819319 Dec 10, 2012
'INCAPABLE OF COMPETING'

NEWT ISSUES WARNING TO THE RIGHT

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Wasn't Newt the guy who Fretard claimed would get 400+ electoral votes??

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#819320 Dec 10, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Christie has no chance. The Democrats will not nominate a white male.
They aren't the only bootlickers in the phat crayon boxes.

Now, stop it...not falling fer that not being confusing...nope-- not gonnar do it, lol.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#819321 Dec 10, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>If he was on Mike Huckabee I'm not interested in what he's got to say Carol.
Daimler owns Detroit Diesel and Obama is up there glad handing that company's top execs as they announce a $100 million expansion of the Redford MI facility to manufacture transmissions and other heavy truck components.
That's good news for Michigan and the USA Carol.
Mike Huckabee doesn't feature good news Carol__fk him!
Not fallin' fer yers either lol

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#819322 Dec 10, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Ron Reagan is a far left liberal loon.
He isn't even invited as a guest on liberal commentator shows anymore.
Guess he had to get revenge after losing his 15 minutes of fame by writing that book.
Reagan's other son, Michael, completely contradicts that book.
So it's Reagan's far left liberal loon son's word - who has done everything possible to disrespect and dishonor his dead father's legacy - against his other son's word, the ideal son, who has done
everything possible to respect and honor his dead father's legacy.
I pick Michael. You can have the loon. Nobody else wants him.
(By the way, it would leave a bad taste in my mouth if Amy Carter wrote a book destroying her father's character after his death too. And I don't even like Carter. It's just bad form.)
so was his dad, Ronald Reagan and he called it conservatism.

Ronald Reagan on Franklin Roosevelt: The Significance of Style
K. Alan Snyder - 08/20/08

Reagan was a New Deal Democrat. He joked that he had probably become a Democrat by birth, given that his father, Jack, was so devoted to the Democratic Party. The younger Reagan cast his first presidential vote in 1932 for Franklin Roosevelt, and did so again in the succeeding three presidential contests. His faith in FDR remained undimmed even after World War II, when he called himself “a New Dealer to the core.” He summarized his views in this way:“I thought government could solve all our postwar problems just as it had ended the Depression and won the war. I didn’t trust big business. I thought government, not private companies, should own our big public utilities; if there wasn’t enough housing to shelter the American people, I thought government should build it; if we needed better medical care, the answer was socialized medicine.” When his brother, Moon, became a Republican and argued with his sibling, the younger Reagan concluded “he was just spouting Republican propaganda.”

http://www.firstprinciplesjournal.com/article...

Ronald Reagan Campaigns for Truman in 1948

&fe ature=related

Ronald Reagan--No Loopholes For Millionaires

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#819323 Dec 10, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
'INCAPABLE OF COMPETING'
NEWT ISSUES WARNING TO THE RIGHT
BWAHAHAHAHAHA
Wasn't Newt the guy who Fretard claimed would get 400+ electoral votes??
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Who cares.

Flash forward to the REAL world.

Americans want and Americans NEED a B-U-D-G-E-T...and that 'aint That Newts jobuh, so stop ruingin the ozone with just more noxious gas and worthless hot air of nohting but IRRLELEVENCE and deflection!!
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#819324 Dec 10, 2012
Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
House Republicans seem divided as they blame the Tea Party for Gov. Romney's election defeat and the loss of two safe Senate seats?
Tea Party Republican Party pushed out moderate Sen. Richard Lugar and ran Tea Party Richard Mourdock down to glorious defeat !
Democrats have learned to love the Tea Party!
They should-we hear and appreciate beautiful things daily!

Like tuhday (and if you see Carol--tell her this one)

The joyous, melodic tones of Church bells, playing the First Noel outloud!!

Just beautiful!!!

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#819325 Dec 10, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
Republicans Miss the Point on 'Fiscal Cliff' Debate
In this environment, the president has proposed a policy that addresses a perceived level of unfairness in the nation's economic arrangements. Whether it's the best approach doesn't even matter because Republicans in Washington haven't even tried to address the fairness issue. They keep arguing about economic theories.
As a result, 52 percent of voters now prefer a candidate who promises to raise taxes on the wealthy, while just 34 percent favor a candidate who opposes all tax hikes.
This highlights a larger problem faced by the Republican establishment. While most voters see Democrats as the party of big government, Republicans spend more time talking about government. They complain that it's too big, imposes too many regulations and has unsustainable deficits.
Under Obama, Democrats talk less about government and more about how their policies will affect life in America. It's the end result that a pragmatic nation cares about, not the policies.
For Republicans to succeed, they need to recognize that most voters don't care about limited government. But voters care deeply about the type of society a limited government makes possible.
Applying that logic to the current debate over the fiscal cliff, Republicans in Washington need to recognize that few voters believe this is a serious debate about deficit reduction. The president has made it instead a debate about fairness, and they need to respond on that level.
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_conten...
Since when is it the Federal Giverment's problem??
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#819326 Dec 10, 2012
Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
Sarah Palin seems quiet since Nov.
She did not attend the conventions that Bush boycotted
Watched/listened to Bush the other day for a few (via squawk box), speaking at an event. Nice to see/hear him again.

I liked his "Points of LIGHT" ideals...bless his heart.

Location hidden

#819327 Dec 10, 2012
The wingnuts used to put up a decent fight.

Now they all run away.

Funny how losing an election will do that!!

This thread is dead.

Later.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#819328 Dec 10, 2012
Middle class tax increases on the way.
Fenris the Archangel

United States

#819329 Dec 10, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
Where'd all the rightwing cowards run off to??
Carol
Nobraina-Galt-Carter
Emaam
Ed
Fenris the blowhard
KY hillbilly
Retarded by Birth
You nitwits sure are easy to run off!!
I'm lovin' it!!
Obviously all of the above actually engage in something you've never heard of before (like most dums): ie "gainful employment".

We've all heard of "sockpuppets" here (of which, you are most decidedly one. However, I had to invent a new moniker for you: "Cockpuppet" (because you dangle on the end of so many)....
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#819330 Dec 10, 2012
ole_47 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gass guzzlin Jeeps are envogue now?
Hybrids=LESS consumption!!

A GOOD thing in these here days of obominalnomics!!

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#819331 Dec 10, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you would prefer that the Governor ignore the will of 65% of the voters in Oklahoma?
The will of those who approved this course of action, did a great disservice to themselves as well as to those who did not approve it. In my opinion, it is the voters who cut off their own noses, to spite the faces of everyone living in the state. That Mrs. Fallin gets credit for validating this stupidity is just a happy accident.

While I agree that mandating the purchase of individual health insurance is not a good idea, it is now Federal law, and my tax dollars are going to support its implementation in other states, when they could be far better used to follow the law, than to circumvent it here and support it elsewhere. The latter is not fiscally conservative, by any stretch of the imagination.

But then, of course, I'm not a tea-party Republican, or trying to get re-elected as Governor of Oklahoma, either.
Fenris the Archangel

United States

#819332 Dec 10, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no, no no no... he doan wanner mess wit' me...ah'll make he eyeballs roll backards in he sockets lol...
Kudos for your honesty....:-)
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#819333 Dec 10, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Compromise? Bah, if that is the game then the Tea Baggers have already lost. Have you ever met I mean ever a Tea Bagger willing to compromise?
lol

You tell 'em- that's a TWO way street Homer!

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#819334 Dec 10, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
People like the wheelchair jerk should consider suicide.
Surely among the most Christian of statements.
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>God helps those who help themselves.
How convenient....sure makes things a lot easier for the god-figure, eh?
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#819335 Dec 10, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
Where'd all the rightwing cowards run off to??
Carol
Nobraina-Galt-Carter
Emaam
Ed
Fenris the blowhard
KY hillbilly
Retarded by Birth
You nitwits sure are easy to run off!!
I'm lovin' it!!
Aisle 12 year olds-anti-delusional phat crayons fer sale.

Pick ya a dictionary too--and look up the phrase, word by word--people that have actual REAL lives.

Let us know how that translates out to ya.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#819336 Dec 10, 2012
MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough has a solution for the Republican Party’s electoral woes: take on conservative talk radio.

On Monday’s “Morning Joe” on MSNBC, Scarborough likened conservative talkers to schoolyard bullies and suggested Republicans “punch them in the face,” which is something Mitt Romney failed to do during his campaign, Scarborough said.

“What do you do to a schoolyard bully? You punch them in the face. You think any of these people on talk radio, if they’re punched in the face by a Republican nominee, you think they would push back?” Scarborough said.“No, they are cowards. They are bullies. Punch them in the face and they back off. Bullies do that. Mitt Romney, and we’ve said it nonstop, for two years, he would never stand up to these bullies. And so they framed his campaign, and he got his tail whipped … and we started saying this, Mika, in 2010 when Glenn Beck said the president was a racist who hates all white people. We said this is your Sister Souljah moment. And what did he do?”

The “Morning Joe” co-host continued by being very dismissive of voices on talk radio and said they were getting rich while the GOP suffered.

“Why don’t we keep following their pathway to a permanent minority, right?” Scarborough said.“Who are they to say anything about what the future of this party and of this movement is? They’re making tens of millions of dollars. They’re getting rich, and they’re not really hurting this country because they’re irrelevant. They can’t even nominate somebody in the Republican Party. But they are destroying the Republican Party every day.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/12/10/scarborough...
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#819337 Dec 10, 2012
Fenris the Archangel wrote:
<quoted text>
Kudos for your honesty....:-)
Thank you :-)--I just really (that s word) at being twisted and distorted ...it doesn't umm "jive" with my..umm..mm decency, intergrity and ETHCIS lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 9 min mahz 49,524
Diversity is a codeword for white genocide 20 min ABSOLUTELYjigsWON 2
last post wins! (Apr '13) 21 min boundary painter 333
Quinn allows increased tax on cell phones in sh... 26 min WhenAtCUBRatesRoc... 2
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 26 min boundary painter 1,257
ISIS Plans to Blow Up an Entire American City a... 36 min I choose shytcago 42
Word (Dec '08) 37 min boundary painter 4,653
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Jacques from Ottawa 177,400
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr trying to keep up 97,936
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info