Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 37,847)

Showing posts 756,921 - 756,940 of1,071,179
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
CHRISTIE for POTUS 2016!!!
1421 days and counting down!!
REAL integrity, ETHICS, morality, humanity and decency FOR the People, By the People OF the People again!!!!
The T(axed)E(nough)A(lready drained dry) PARTY!!
The REAL America!(NO denial--screw ups, exremists and all!!)
Christie has no chance. The Democrats will not nominate a white male.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
If those 59 divisions (even if they only comprised 19,605 of the votes) had voted only for Romney, you don't honestly think the left wouldn't be freaking out and would still be screaming the election was rigged if Romney had won?
Surely, even you don't think that.
Didn't take long for Carolto come up with another wacky conspiracy theory!!

This one is just as moronic as the rest of the crap she picks up at FAUX.

She still thinks Rmoney really won the election!!

The Lame Stream Media is reporting it wrong!!

That's how crazy the fat little diabetic smoker is!!

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
"Hi Manny, I ran for President and lost", then Paqauio lost the fight; Mitt jinxed him. Pay for tickets? Are you effing serious? The wealthy never pay for tickets or anything of the sort, you retard. The more money you have, the more free stuff you get.
Paquiao should box Mitt in the ear for jinxing him.
You better leave you're hovel once in a while, and learn what is paid for, and what isn't. Believe it, Rommey's paid for their tickets, or we would have heard about it ad nausem from the MSM. You should get out more??
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>He's in Detroit presently, well not downtown but in Redford not far from the airport. He's joing with Daimler executives to announce another huge manufacturing expansion in the US, this one in Daimler trucks and components.
In nearby Toledo, Jeep is just completing retooling to begin building the replacement for the Liberty.
The same Daimler that owned Chrysler and dumped it as a loser?

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
CNBC's Eamon Javers reports the latest developments on "fiscal cliff" talks in Washington, and debating the financial benefits of raising taxes on the wealthy, with Peter Schiff, Euro Pacific Capital CEO, and Richard Brodsky, Demos senior fellow.
PETER SCHIFF: First of all, I'm in the top two percent. Right now, I'm paying 45% of my total income in income taxes, both to the state of Connecticut and to the federal government, and if you take the 3% Medicare tax. After the tax hikes go into effect next year, more than half -- more than half of my total income is going to go to the government. You tell me, what's fair about that when medieval serfs pay 25%, I'm paying half? I don't care what the majority voted to do, they don't have a right to steal my money just because they vote for it.
###
SCHIFF: You know what the wealthy are going to do? They're going to invest more abroad, they're not going to work as hard, they're not going to pay as much in taxes, they're not going to employ as many people. Their employees are going to pay all the taxes.
Like they did in the late 90's?

How did people this f*cking stupid get to be CEO's? Or is it they think they are so much smarter and can dupe everyone with the same ease as they dupes thew Galts?
Lincoln Duncan

Rutherfordton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
House Republicans should pass a bill that extends the Bush tax rates for all incomes less than $1 million and let Obama accept it or reject it.
House Republicans seem divided as they blame the Tea Party for Gov. Romney's election defeat and the loss of two safe Senate seats?

Tea Party Republican Party pushed out moderate Sen. Richard Lugar and ran Tea Party Richard Mourdock down to glorious defeat !

Democrats have learned to love the Tea Party!

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Only a simpleton would equate racial discrimination with opting out of an insurance scam.
You post had to do with majority rule.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
That was a great post about taxation, but it will fall on blind eyes.
He's been asking the same question for a week, kind of like that tourrettes victim asking every day what are we doing in Libya.
There's definitely something totally missing with these nuts. They focus on hatred of the poor. Tourrettes thinks she is carrying the weight of the poor! She is the poor; all we can do is laugh at how damn dumb they are.
Thanks, but as you say, these morons are intrigurd by simple, shiny objects that fit on a bumper sticker.

Flat tax and Fair tax is great - for the wealthy.

Somehow, FAUX has convinced these poor morons like Carol that their interssts and the interests of the wealthy are the same.

That's why the level of income inequality is at historic levels, and companies like WalMart force their workers onto foodstamps and medicaid.

These nitwits blame the workers, call them stupid. They don't realize that lots of Iraq and Afgan veterans work for WalMart. They're all Americans, who deserve fair treatment by their employers. Fair is a living wage.

Yet they claim to be great patriots.

These folks are seriously f-uped.

Good news is they've proven themselves to be part of the lunatic fringe and can't understand why they got creamed in the election.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the problem with government. They assume too much and are usually wrong. You know what they say. To assume makes an "ass" out of "u" and "me". That's big government for ya.
You're sounding more and more like Sarah Palin.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
In spite of your lies concerning having been a nurse (and teacher and Astronaut), you should know that a diagnosis is merely a confirmation of a disease.
He likely had alzheimers for a long time before it became serious enough to be diagnosed.
It's likely the shooting by Hinkley brought it on, or advanced it.
You'll see I'm right. I'm always right.
DUH
Not an astronaut.

However, anyone who has been around a loved one with Alzheimer's knows the symptoms are subtle at the very beginning but still enough that a diagnosis can be made.

When the symptoms are bad enough, everyone can clearly tell.

Presidential scholar Douglas Brinkley has a unique perspective from his analysis of President Reagan's writings as editor of "The Reagan Diaries". He told CBS Radio he "saw no sign of Alzheimer's".

Brinkley said he found that Reagan's writings "never changed in format or tone" during eight years of daily journal inscriptions. Brinkley found just one Reagan reflection on mental alertness. Toward the end of is second term, the president noted he was unable to identify a once-familiar canyon as he flew over Southern California. Brinkley said Reagan "recognized his mind was not as sharp as it once was" but he ultimately remembered.

Brinkley chalks it up to "senioritis" and concludes, "I'm under the impression he did not have any signs of Alzheimer's as president. Until somebody puts up definitive medical evidence, we have to go with that."

So, "Dr. Nucular", please describe for us any symptoms of which you and your "colleagues" concur proving that Reagan clearly exhibited he had been diagnosed with the disease long before his second term ended.

Senior moments don't count at the age of 78. Obama's had a few of those himself. And he's only in his early 50s.
Lincoln Duncan

Rutherfordton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Christie has no chance. The Democrats will not nominate a white male.
In 2016 Democrats will have a white candidate whose middle name in not Hussein. Bad news of GOP?
Romney lost the election with his flip flop, etch-a-sketch campaign and the now famous film.
....add to this a large majority (53 percent to 38 percent) of the electorate blames George W. Bush not Barack Obama for the condition of today's economy.

Republicans are looking within for a better candidate for 2016.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
So all you're saying is the truth hit too close to home and you can't tell me what Obama did any differently before Sandy than Bush did before Katrina.
I see.
The verdict is in.

Obama got great marks for his handling of Sandy.

Bush got terrible marks for his handling of Katrina.

Spin all you wish, but the American people have a distinct belief that Obama succeeded where Bush failed.

It's just your pigheadedness about the failure that Bush was.

He's persona non grata in the Republiclown Party, proving how bad he was!!

His own party has disowned him!!

End of story.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
and some wonder why my reaction to such seems to be below my normal behavior.

nutjob crazy deserves worse than what i've thrown at it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The federal government cannot send armed National Guard into any state without that governor's permission to take control of that state.
"Armed" is the key word here. Bush refused to send in National Guard unarmed because of the violence and looting.
A democrat governor apparently had reservations about saving the same people she neglected to protect.
As usual, you're wrong.

I posted the answer to Nobraina earlier.

Go look at it, dingbat!!
Lincoln Duncan

Rutherfordton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Sarah Palin seems quiet since Nov.
She did not attend the conventions that Bush boycotted
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Wall Street Journal:“So it's a shame that Republicans are playing into Mr. Obama's hands, negotiating in public among themselves, prematurely giving up on the tax issue and undermining House Speaker John Boehner in the process. Mr. Obama isn't going to blink on the budget if he thinks Republicans are going to blink first, and so far the emerging GOP position seems to be to surrender on taxes first and hope Mr. Obama will have mercy on them later on entitlements.”

Weekly Standard’s Bill Kristol hits back: "Most Republicans will go along soon after January 1 with what will now be the Democrats' tax cutting agenda. If the House Republicans now follow the Wall Street Journal editors over the cliff, the only effect, I'm afraid, will be to turn a manageable tactical retreat in December into a panicked strategic rout in January.”

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12/10...

So, basically, Republicans can't be blamed this time.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Fenris the Archangel wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm really starting to enjoy bashng your tiny brain in on a daily basis. I ALSO cant wait for gay marriage to be legal, because: a)you might finally get some. Having that tight bungee of yours bored out might just make you less of a constipated old shemale; and b)you will no doubt be divorced quickly, and your ip will change to a cheap laptop down at the bus depot men's room stalls......
More of your huffin and puffin and blowing everyone again.

That's your mother hangin' out in the mens room at the bus station, with her bag o' quarters!!.

(But I won't tell anyone!!)

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Lincoln Duncan

Rutherfordton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

carol wrote:
Wall Street Journal:“So it's a shame that Republicans are playing into Mr. Obama's hands, negotiating in public among themselves, prematurely giving up on the tax issue and undermining House Speaker John Boehner in the process. Mr. Obama isn't going to blink on the budget if he thinks Republicans are going to blink first, and so far the emerging GOP position seems to be to surrender on taxes first and hope Mr. Obama will have mercy on them later on entitlements.”
Weekly Standard’s Bill Kristol hits back: "Most Republicans will go along soon after January 1 with what will now be the Democrats' tax cutting agenda. If the House Republicans now follow the Wall Street Journal editors over the cliff, the only effect, I'm afraid, will be to turn a manageable tactical retreat in December into a panicked strategic rout in January.”
http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12/10...
So, basically, Republicans can't be blamed this time.
Read this this morning.
When in November you were predicting a Romney victory, were you reading the WSJ and depending of fox for your sources of information?
Just asking?
Peace

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Not an astronaut.
However, anyone who has been around a loved one with Alzheimer's knows the symptoms are subtle at the very beginning but still enough that a diagnosis can be made.
When the symptoms are bad enough, everyone can clearly tell.
Brinkley chalks it up to "senioritis" and concludes, "I'm under the impression he did not have any signs of Alzheimer's as president. Until somebody puts up definitive medical evidence, we have to go with that."
So, "Dr. Nucular", please describe for us any symptoms of which you and your "colleagues" concur proving that Reagan clearly exhibited he had been diagnosed with the disease long before his second term ended.
Senior moments don't count at the age of 78. Obama's had a few of those himself. And he's only in his early 50s.
Still spinning, eh Lorac??

In spite of your lies, Ron Reagan, his son, just might have more insight than you, who needs utube to get her info;

----------

Ronald Reagan was showing signs of Alzheimer’s while still in office, according to his son Ron Reagan.

In his memoir “My Father at 100,” Reagan writes:

“Today we are aware that the psychological and neurological changes associated with Alzheimer’s can be in evidence years, even decades, before identifiable symptoms arise. The question, then, of whether my father suffered from the beginning stages of Alzheimer’s while in office more of less answers itself.”

Ron Reagan recounts having concerns as far back as 1984.

"Watching the first of his two debates with 1984 Democratic presidential nominee Walter Mondale, I began to experience the nausea of a bad dream coming true. At 73, Ronald Reagan would be the oldest president ever reelected...[M]y father now seemed to be giving them legitimate reason for concern. My heart sank as he floundered his way through his responses, fumbling with notes, uncharacteristically lost for words. He looked tired and bewildered."

Two years later the president expressed his own concern about his failing memory:

“My father might himself have suspected that all was not as it should be. As far back as August 1986 he had been alarmed to discover, while flying over the familiar canyons north of Los Angeles, that he could no longer summon their names.”

Ron Reagan writes that there is “no evidence that my father (or anyone else) was aware of his medical condition while he was in office.”

“Had the diagnosis been made in, say, 1987, would he have stepped down? I believe he would have.”

In 1994, President Reagan revealed to the nation that he had been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s. But earlier, in 1989, doctors operating on Reagan expressed their belief he was suffering from the degenerative disease.

Ron Reagan writes that in July 1989, his father was thrown off a horse while visiting friends in Mexico. He received medical attention at a hospital in San Diego. When surgeons opened the president’s skull to relieve pressure they “detected what they took to be probable signs of Alzheimer’s disease.” But no formal diagnosis was given.

Ron Reagan says the doctors gossiped about the likelihood his father was suffering from Alzheimer's.

“I have since learned from a doctor who happened to be interning at the hospital when my father was brought in that surgeons involved in his care, in what my informant characterized as ‘shameful’ behavior, violated my father’s right to medical privacy by subsequently gossiping about his condition.”

This is like your Terri Schiavo nonsense.You knew nothingabout the case, yet insisted she was fine and her husband should have his rights taken away.

Right up until the autopsy, where they found her brain was completely atrophied, much like yours.

You're talking thru your fat azz again, Lorac. Have another cigarette!!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
Sarah Palin seems quiet since Nov.
She did not attend the conventions that Bush boycotted
Hallelujer! Her hair has gotten bigger of late! Extensions? Maybe she can start a Real Housewives of Alaska show!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 756,921 - 756,940 of1,071,179
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••