Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
GhostofRaygun

Russellville, KY

#819395 Dec 10, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Ronald Reagan used to say, "I didn't leave the Democrat Party. It left me."
That pretty much sums it up. It left a lot of people.
You Repubs want Reagan on Mount Rushmore, but there is NO WAY he could be elected by the rightwingnuts. Not the man that raised the nations debt by 186% and gave amnesty to millions of illegals. How would that play to the Tea Party?Only way Reagan could be elected today would be running as a Democrat. But then again that's the only way any President from now on will be elected.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#819396 Dec 10, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Ronald Reagan used to say, "I didn't leave the Democrat Party. It left me."
That pretty much sums it up. It left a lot of people.
lol

“You know, I’ve spent my entire life time separating the Right from the kooks.”

William F. Buckley

and that pretty much sums it up.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#819397 Dec 10, 2012
Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>It's common knowledge that Reagun suffered from Alzheimers and AAHD during his entire second term. That's why he made so many insane decisions like consulting psychics. Try reading some facts.
Look, sonny, Urban education has failed you miserably. You need to rise up to a minimum level of intellectual cognizance before making a fool of yourself any further.

Common Knowledge? How would you know how to recognize ANY type of knowledge being so poor in it?

Lapeer, MI

#819399 Dec 10, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol: "OMG OMG OMG Medicare is bankrupt"
Carol: "Romney's plan would not go into effect for 15 years"
Is it me, or is there something not quite right with Carol?
It's you.

Any more stupid questions? Please, Please, Please!

Lapeer, MI

#819400 Dec 10, 2012
Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Aren't you late for your k k k meeting?
Aren't you late for your Black Panther meeting?

Lapeer, MI

#819402 Dec 10, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Spoken likke th esore loser hyou are!!
I'm lovin' it!!
Watching the nitwits bitch and moan after losing the election is really enjoyable!!
And you nidiots really thought Rmoney could beat him!!
The big bad black man really put a hurtin' on the 'Gereat White Hope'.
Turns out, he was another white loser, like McLame!!
Americans hate you white Teabaggers, or haven't you figured that out yet??
Spoken like the racist brain-stem you are!!

Every sentence you typed oozes with black racism.

Get healed, brotha.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#819403 Dec 10, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
This has nothing to do with the union, it has to do with politics.
If you don't want to support the union, don't work at a union shop.
Work somewhere else since obviously you think you can get the same pay & benefits elsewhere.
To utilize the efforts of the union to get better pay& benefits without supporting it would be a chickensh*t thing to do. Probably why you would do it.
has to do with economics. I can tell you right now, A guy I went to high school with is making more than they ever did working in a UAW Union Shop and within the first year after they closed the UAW union shop he was making 50% more in pay and Benefits and the UAW didnt do nothing for them, UAW was just interested in union dues and that is all they care about and trust me I have been in many union shops and same BS goes on the union only looking out for their financial position.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#819404 Dec 10, 2012
Fenris the Archangel wrote:
<quoted text>
I avoid urban slums like the plague, but the majority of recipients here in AZ are by FAR blacks & hispanics. Its not even close. The offices you refer to in Sun City also serve Surprise (where the majority of the afore-mentioned demographics reside).....:-)
You're lying to me pal, this stuff can be googled.

I had no clue you were posting from AZ__(~;>

Fool

Lapeer, MI

#819405 Dec 10, 2012
John Galt wrote:
CNBC's Eamon Javers reports the latest developments on "fiscal cliff" talks in Washington, and debating the financial benefits of raising taxes on the wealthy, with Peter Schiff, Euro Pacific Capital CEO, and Richard Brodsky, Demos senior fellow.
PETER SCHIFF: First of all, I'm in the top two percent. Right now, I'm paying 45% of my total income in income taxes, both to the state of Connecticut and to the federal government, and if you take the 3% Medicare tax. After the tax hikes go into effect next year, more than half -- more than half of my total income is going to go to the government. You tell me, what's fair about that when medieval serfs pay 25%, I'm paying half? I don't care what the majority voted to do, they don't have a right to steal my money just because they vote for it.
###
SCHIFF: You know what the wealthy are going to do? They're going to invest more abroad, they're not going to work as hard, they're not going to pay as much in taxes, they're not going to employ as many people. Their employees are going to pay all the taxes.
You might want to pass this over to ImaginaryDave. He says that the SCOTUS won't allow a majority to trample the rights of any minority.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#819406 Dec 10, 2012
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, 68 million Americans disagree, dummy
"silly"
Stay on topic. I said nothing about vote totals. I simply said and you offered nothing to rebut what I said that president nobama has did little positive since becoming president. I hope he is more successful, but, I am not hopeful.
Peace

Lapeer, MI

#819407 Dec 10, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The federal government cannot send armed National Guard into any state without that governor's permission to take control of that state.
"Armed" is the key word here. Bush refused to send in National Guard unarmed because of the violence and looting.
A democrat governor apparently had reservations about saving the same people she neglected to protect.
You are right, carol. Sending unarmed National Guard Troops into New Orleans at that time would be like sending National Guard Troops into Detroit during the '67 riots. The Governor and the President both knew that.

Lapeer, MI

#819408 Dec 10, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
You can always tell when Carol's been beaten.
She changes the subject.
She won't admit that Reagan had alzheimers for most of his 8 years any more than she will admit to the mistakes Bush made.
Yet she refuses to address why Bush has been declared dead by the Republiclown Party.
carol simply doesn't listen to lies like yours. She's rational.

She also clearly recognizes a mouth with no brain behind it when she sees one in your posts.

Lapeer, MI

#819409 Dec 10, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you keep on insisting Ron Reagan is a far left liberal loon?
Who else close to Reagan is saying this? Name just one person. Anyone.
nuculur is a runaway train with a raw red caboose.

Writes senseless trash, copy-n-paste galor and each time he talks into his own ear, he reaches climax.

Talk down to him. It is the most natural position he understands.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#819411 Dec 10, 2012
Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>WRONG!! By 2016, possession of a firearm by a private citizen will be a FELONY!! And President Obama's new supreme court will repeal the 22nd amendment and he will be easily re-elected to a THIRD TERM of great leadership! Get used to it, racist jerk!
"silly"
The pee must be running down your leg. Two of your fondest desires put forth by "nobama 2012";
- All private ownership of guns banned by 2016
- Repeal of the 22nd. amendment, so president nobama will have the ability to be president as long as he desires.
Your dreams answered.
Peace

Lapeer, MI

#819412 Dec 10, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Surely among the most Christian of statements.
<quoted text>How convenient....sure makes things a lot easier for the god-figure, eh?
Naivette seems to be one of your stronger points.

Here. Play with the kids:

(Christmas is for Kids - of all ages)

http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/b4_EdJ-...

Lapeer, MI

#819413 Dec 10, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
And Stahl isn't biased? Stahl makes no attempt to conceal her bias anytime and anywhere.
She said herself Reagan seemed to "recover" and interpreted it to possibly be "what LOOKED like a lapse into semi-awareness" or an "act" as a way to avoid answering her questions.
Just because a few White House officials said that Reagan sometimes seemed distant but always "pulled himself together" - her words, not theirs - means Stahl is probably more confused than anyone.
Liberal Media Madams are a dime-a-dozen propagandists.
Nuculur will use whatever he can get his hands on.
Typical urban male.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#819414 Dec 10, 2012
Homer wrote:
Only a great fool would think Reagan was a great president.- Homer
Howdy doody partnuh

See what happens when they let Hollywierd into run things? Of course that statement could exclude the fact that in some of Reagans admin, higher bars were in set in place, and people tended to HAVE to rely more on THEMSELVES, rather than just living off the givverment...so..

Guess Reagan wasn't as bad as SOME, but sure not a GOOD as others.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#819415 Dec 10, 2012
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Carol, that 78% was exactly what I was referring to. He did what any competent president would unlike his predecessor who got a whopping 35% approval rating on his handling of Katrina.
I never mentioned anything about Romney's claims on the $317 billion cuts from Medicare but either you have no reading comprehension skills or you're trying to divert from his blatant lie about cutting the work requirement for welfare by pointing to something he said that was only half true. The article you cite from Forbes actually comes from a Romney campaign advisor and you very carefully edited the article from the LA Times omitting this important statement;
"Mitt Romney repeated a somewhat misleading claim that President Obama cut $716 billion out of the Medicare program for current beneficiaries.
The president’s healthcare law does reduce future spending on Medicare, but those savings are obtained by reducing federal payments to insurance companies, hospitals and other providers, and do not affect benefits for people in the Medicare program.
Hospitals and other providers agreed to these cuts in exchange for the Affordable Care Act’s plan to reduce the number of uninsured patients they currently care for."
A large chunk of the cuts go to overpayments the government has been paying private insurance to administer Medicare Advantage plans which in reality don't offer much advantage and end up costing seniors more.
www.washingtonpost.com/.../Romney 's-right-Obamacare-cuts-medica r...
You're also ignoring the fact that the budget his running mate Paul Ryan proposed also cut $317 billion from Medicare but uses that money to protect tax cuts to the wealthy.
It wasn't Obama that accused Romney of killing someone's wife it was one of the PACs which by law has no direct connection to the Obama campaign. he President made it clear during a press conference;
"I don't think that Governor Romney is somehow responsible for the death of the woman that was portrayed in that ad," he said. "But keep it mind, this is an ad that I didn't approve, I did not produce, and as far as I can tell has barely run. I think it ran once."
No Carol Romney's ads whether run by his campaign or PACs and multiple statements made on the stump were patently false.
America’s doctors have conducted a full examination of the president’s health reform law — and their diagnosis of its effects on our healthcare system isn’t good.

Nearly two-thirds of doctors expect the quality of care in this country to decline, according to a new survey from consulting giant Deloitte. Just 27 percent think that the law will lower costs. And nearly seven of every 10 doctors believe that medicine is no longer attractive to America’s “best and brightest.”

Few people know more about our healthcare system than doctors working on the frontlines. Policymakers should pay heed to their indictment of Obamacare and revisit the disastrous law.

President Obama promised that his reform package would begin to stymie the out-of-control growth in the cost of American health care. He pledged $2,500 in health insurance savings for the typical American family.

Read more: http://www.forbes.com/sites/sallypipes/2011/1...
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#819416 Dec 10, 2012
Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
Democrats big tent while the Tepublican are afraid of the viral "tea party."
Bill Clinton did fine with the base
That's because Bill Clinton had a damn BUDGET-and he stuck to it.(ie: did NOT try and SPEND the nation out of DEBT.)
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#819417 Dec 10, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Peppy is a stupid fck, Homer too has been known to be one on occasion.
Oooo...a worm fess up hour.

Novel idea Homer.

LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 68,797
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr wojar 180,942
Julieanne Zenz 3 hr Julieanne Zenz VR... 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr DonPanic 48,590
Are you sick of Topix polls or do you vote? 4 hr joey 4
EverGreen Belgrade 4 hr servonazis 17
Ferguson Protesters Promise 28-Hour Sit-In At C... 5 hr Liberal Lover 2
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:00 pm PST

Bleacher Report 4:00PM
Breaking Down What Colt McCoy Brings to the Washington Offense in Place of RGIII
NBC Sports 4:45 PM
NFL on Thanksgiving: Bears season falls into irrelevancy
NBC Sports 4:50 PM
NFL on Thanksgiving: Megatron reaches 10,000 yards
Bleacher Report 5:33 PM
Bears vs. Lions Video Highlights
Yahoo! Sports 6:07 PM
Lions, Eagles serve up Thanksgiving Day routs