Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#819360 Dec 10, 2012
If Life is a Bowl of Cherries, What Am I Doing in the Pits?- Erma Bombeck
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#819361 Dec 10, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't change the fact that if Romney had won and it was discovered 59 divisions in any conservative part of the country had not received even 1 vote for Obama, the left would be freaking out and would still be screaming the election was rigged.
Show of hands. Who believes this is absolutely true?
Mine is raised as high in the air as I can get it.
47 Percent of the vote, Mitt was not even close. Lost all but one of the swing states.
Fenris the Archangel

United States

#819362 Dec 10, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you :-)--I just really (that s word) at being twisted and distorted ...it doesn't umm "jive" with my..umm..mm decency, intergrity and ETHCIS lol.
You stupid hillbilly.
I'm gay.
I have fuqued more kneegrow boys than my mother.
Fenris the Archangel

United States

#819363 Dec 10, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>I was right about your mother's name, wasn't i?

Hey remember when you got all high and mighty about treatment of women (during the war on women phase of your brainwashing)? Hahahahaha
Hahahahaha!
You liberal pussscceeaa.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#819364 Dec 10, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Peppy is a stupid fck, Homer too has been known to be one on occasion.
No you say! BTW Giants played well yesterday.
Fenris the Archangel

United States

#819365 Dec 10, 2012
Just got done whipping the chain gang.
Mexican came in my mouth.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#819367 Dec 10, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
But you're wrong. The Supreme Court threw out the mandate. Obamacare is now just another tax.
A tax Obama and Pelosi swore up and down it wasn't.
The SC did not throw out the mandate.

The SC called the penalty for not buying insurance a tax. Both Romney & Obama had called it a fee.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#819368 Dec 10, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
"I n 1997, Clinton signed a reduction in the (audible liberal gasp) capital gains tax rate to 20% from 28%."
Wow, if there weren't people investing when the rate was 20%, there really couldn't be anyone when the rate was 28%.
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#819369 Dec 10, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The SC did not throw out the mandate.
The SC called the penalty for not buying insurance a tax. Both Romney & Obama had called it a fee.
Not a good year for right wingers
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#819370 Dec 10, 2012
Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a good year for right wingers
The right wing trds never have good years__that's why they're so miserable.

And now that "conservatism" has become a "racket" it will even be worse.
RUSH10ME

Urbanna, VA

#819371 Dec 10, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
Where'd all the rightwing cowards run off to??
Carol
Nobraina-Galt-Carter
Emaam
Ed
Fenris the blowhard
KY hillbilly
Retarded by Birth
You nitwits sure are easy to run off!!
I'm lovin' it!!
No you are not , you are sucking it!
Fenris the Archangel

United States

#819372 Dec 10, 2012
Fenris the Archangel wrote:
Just got done whipping the chain gang.
Mexican came in my mouth.
dem was a portly and chubby gay boy
all the chitown trannys used him as a toy
a pudgy little fat boy with pudgy little hands
gneading, squeezing, and stroking their glans
a pudgy little fat boy w rolls & folds of flesh
an ever-ready orifice pink & dewey fresh
Fenris the Archangel

United States

#819373 Dec 10, 2012
LOL!! The President's wondrous food stamp economy grows & grows......:-)

Any end in sight? 1 in 5 Arizonans relying on food stamps

Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc.

PHOENIX - Daniel and Daniela Morales rely on food stamps to feed their family, and according to officials, they're not alone in our state.

"The food that they need these days, you know? Sometimes I struggle to pay the rent and it's hard," said Daniel.

The Department of Economic Security reports nearly 1 in 5 Arizonans are now getting food stamps.

It's an all-time high and a problem the Association of Arizona Food Banks' Brian Simpson blames on the recession.

From 2008 to now, the numbers have doubled from 600,549 to 1,137,786, and as the need grows, so does the fear.

"With the economy, it's hard these days, it's hard to get a job ," Daniel admitted.

Mallory VanSlyker is also struggling to find a job, and said he wants to quit using food stamps but doesn't know when that will happen.

"With today's government, I don't know because I still haven't seen new jobs being created."

Through the Morales' are struggling to do the best they can, they're thankful for the program.

"I thank God that there's help from the government. It's actually helping us to stay alive," said Daniel.

Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_phoenix_...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#819374 Dec 10, 2012
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc.
PHOENIX - Daniel and Daniela Morales rely on food stamps to feed their family, and according to officials, they're not alone in our state.
"The food that they need these days, you know? Sometimes I struggle to pay the rent and it's hard," said Daniel.
The Department of Economic Security reports nearly 1 in 5 Arizonans are now getting food stamps.
It's an all-time high and a problem the Association of Arizona Food Banks' Brian Simpson blames on the recession.
From 2008 to now, the numbers have doubled from 600,549 to 1,137,786, and as the need grows, so does the fear.
"With the economy, it's hard these days, it's hard to get a job ," Daniel admitted.
Mallory VanSlyker is also struggling to find a job, and said he wants to quit using food stamps but doesn't know when that will happen.
"With today's government, I don't know because I still haven't seen new jobs being created."
Through the Morales' are struggling to do the best they can, they're thankful for the program.
"I thank God that there's help from the government. It's actually helping us to stay alive," said Daniel.
Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_phoenix_...
The number/percentage of food stamp recipients in Sun City AZ is astronomical, requiring two offices.

Have you ever been in Sun City AZ???

The elderly, particularly widows/widowers are increasingly reliant on SNAP to get by.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#819376 Dec 10, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be feeling dome guilt if what i said bothers you.
azzhole is not my normal mode of operation.

uber-smartazz yes.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#819377 Dec 10, 2012
If Republicans “Stand and Fight,” They’ll Suffer a Major Defeat

As a general rule, no one should take advice from Marc Thiessen, and that applies doubly to his advice to Republicans on budget negotiations:

If Obama refuses to compromise, pass legislation extending current tax rates for all Americans. Let Obama reject it and take us over the “fiscal cliff”— and then be prepared to live under the Clinton tax rates while negotiations on tax reform continue. In the short term, Americans may blame you. You can recover from that. What you will never recover from is surrendering your principles and giving up your brand as the party of low taxes and limited government [bold mine-DL].

This is just step one in Thiessen’s plan for victory, and it’s not a good beginning. The evidence suggests that most Americans will blame the GOP in the event that there is no deal, and it isn’t a close contest. The Republican Party already has a poor favorability rating, and failing to reach a deal will make that worse. When 19% of Republicans and 52% of independents are going to blame Republicans for the lack of an agreement, there is no way that Republicans in Congress can gain political advantage. At this point, they can either limit the damage to themselves, or they can suffer another major political defeat just weeks after their last one. Republicans are still living with the blame their party received for the country’s economic woes four years ago, and they haven’t yet recovered from that. It is absurdly optimistic to expect that the GOP can recover from both that previous damage and other newly-inflicted wounds. If this were simply a case of suffering a minor setback for the sake of some larger gain later on, it might be worth taking a risk, but that isn’t the case here.

Defending Bush-era tax rates at all costs would be harmful enough to the party’s already battered reputation, but refusing to deal would also mark the party as politically incompetent as well as intransigent. One of the party’s many problems is that it trashed its brand as the party of limited government many years ago. Nothing they do now can destroy an image that was defaced long ago. The more important problems for the party are that it has been branded as too incompetent to govern well and far too oblivious to the views of people outside the party. Failing to reach an agreement would exacerbate both of these problems, and that would be ruinous to the prospects for Republican revival and recovery over the longer term.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#819378 Dec 10, 2012
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc..........
OK Wise guy, what would you expect him to do, cut them all off ? Don't you think it is odd, all you ringers do is post crap on welfare and nothing else. This seems to be the panacea for you guys the one thing that will cure all ills. Oh and lets not forget taxes, you don't want them either. The Republican party is gutted at the moment thanks to the "Tea people" and demographically cannot come back unless ideology changes. Because as each 4 yr term goes by the very people who don't vote for you grow in numbers while your own get old and fall off the perch. So suck it up, its here for your lifetime at least. The only comfort you have is Fox news and sooner or later that will fold as well. Old man Murdoch is not getting any younger and they won't be able to stop the barbarians at the gate. Look what happening to his Empire in Britain.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#819379 Dec 10, 2012
Fox Encourages Another Disastrous March To The Brink On Debt Ceiling Increase

http://mediamatters.org/research/2012/12/10/f...
Fenris the Archangel

United States

#819381 Dec 10, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>The number/percentage of food stamp recipients in Sun City AZ is astronomical, requiring two offices.
Have you ever been in Sun City AZ???
The elderly, particularly widows/widowers are increasingly reliant on SNAP to get by.
I avoid urban slums like the plague, but the majority of recipients here in AZ are by FAR blacks & hispanics. Its not even close. The offices you refer to in Sun City also serve Surprise (where the majority of the afore-mentioned demographics reside).....:-)
Fenris the Archangel

United States

#819382 Dec 10, 2012
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
OK Wise guy, what would you expect him to do, cut them all off ? Don't you think it is odd, all you ringers do is post crap on welfare and nothing else. This seems to be the panacea for you guys the one thing that will cure all ills. Oh and lets not forget taxes, you don't want them either. The Republican party is gutted at the moment thanks to the "Tea people" and demographically cannot come back unless ideology changes. Because as each 4 yr term goes by the very people who don't vote for you grow in numbers while your own get old and fall off the perch. So suck it up, its here for your lifetime at least. The only comfort you have is Fox news and sooner or later that will fold as well. Old man Murdoch is not getting any younger and they won't be able to stop the barbarians at the gate. Look what happening to his Empire in Britain.
LOL!! Fox is the number one network, and the weasels at CNN will be gone LONG before they are....

Solutions are simple:

1)Gut the Federal Gvt.
2)Eliminate the tax "code" completely and replace it with a VAT where everyone gets taxed the same rate on their expenditures.
3)Stop ALL foreign ad, except humanitarian in the face of disaster.
4)Stop needless wars waged in the quest for artfial price control etc, and let other countries go at unchecked.

That will be $42.50, and I DON'T accept food stamps.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ask Amy 2-28-15 12 min Blunt Advice 6
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 45 min red and right 51,470
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Mother Superior 51,356
Chicago's black voters key as Garcia battles to... 1 hr heap big lie 2
Dear Abby 3-1-15 1 hr Stina2 7
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr ACTUALLY 184,911
Abby 2-28-15 2 hr Blunt Advice 7
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:12 am PST

Bleacher Report 8:12AM
Buzz: Colts Eyeing Trades for Veteran WRs Including Marshall
Bleacher Report 1:14 PM
Could Bears Ever Get Fair Trade Value for Forte?
Bleacher Report 1:40 PM
Wayne Undergoes Surgery on Triceps
NFL 2:44 PM
Reggie Wayne had surgery, mulling Colts future
Bleacher Report 8:57 PM
Bears' Blueprint for Winning Free Agency