Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#819179 Dec 10, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I thought they were "sceered" to vote cuz a the black panther
never mind that the Bush DOJ found that no one beyond the talking heads on FOX actually experienced any intimidation.

and this time around i think the GOP knew better than to send in another flunky with a camera.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#819180 Dec 10, 2012
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"nutsucker"
No pot shots, just facts. Facts something you know nothing about, you are BS. To date know one has given an intelligent answer as to why any American should pay a higher Federal Income tax rate than some one else. That's like saying pro0perty taxes should be leveled based on one's income, or sales taxes should be higher on those who earn more.
Do you ever think before you post.
Peace
I'm sure it will fly right over your demented head, Ed.

Have your nurse read it for you while she's changing your bedpan.

"Conservatives have two central tenets in their tax reform agenda. The first is to simplify the tax code by eliminating tax expenditures – government spending through the tax code – that come in the form of deductions and exemptions. The second is to move from a progressive income tax to a flat income or consumption tax. But conservative politicians often conflate these goals, suggesting that "simple" and "flat" are one in the same. Tax expenditures are what complicates the tax code, not progressive rates. While we should aim to eliminate expenditures, especially those that benefit those who are relatively well off, progressive tax rates are justified economically and morally for these reasons:

Efficiency. What is the optimal amount of public goods and services the government should provide? If the government creates a rule that says everyone must pay an equal share of their income, revenue will be restricted to the rate that the lowest earning workers can afford to pay.

Consider the case of a married couple with drastically different earnings. One spouse earns $40,000 per year, while the other earns $400,000 a year. If the couple goes Dutch, they will restrict their shared consumption. However, if the couple adopts a rule that the higher earning spouse pays more, then they can enjoy a higher level of shared consumption. This means they will consume a better house, better car, and better lifestyle.

Happiness. Advocates of progressive taxation often say “Rich people can afford to pay more.” What they really mean is that $100 means more to a person making $5,000 a year than it does to a person making $500,000 a year. This means that allowing poor people to keep a larger share of their income will result in a happier society than making everyone pay the same rate.

Justice. If people deserved most of their income, there would be a good case that they should be able to keep it. However, people don’t morally deserve their income because almost everyone’s income results largely from factors beyond their control. For example, the poorest Americans are richer in absolute terms than the richest Indians. This isn’t because Americans are that much more hardworking than Indians, but because Americans have access to a superb set of institutions and a grand scale of specialization and trade within our borders.

The knowledge and technology we have that allows us to be rich is the result of a multi-millennia human project and social cooperation. Other factors — such as our genes, parents’ income, our order of birth, year of birth, and even month of birth — have enormous impact on our future earnings.

Because people don’t morally deserve their income, it means that society can fairly ask the wealthy to pay more. Doing so allows us to produce more public goods and services that benefit everyone, while creating a more happy and just society than if we asked everyone to pay the same. But, we still need to be concerned about incentives. We don’t want to make rates so progressive or so high that they make it unattractive for people to be productive. Fortunately, this is an empirical question, and all the evidence suggests that the wealthiest among us are doing quite well, and their lot is improving."

----------

That's why, for over 100 years, both Republiclowns and Democrats have agreed that a progressive tax system is a better way for all taxpayers.

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

#819181 Dec 10, 2012
"Manny, I ran for President and lost": Mitt Romney to Manny Paquaio
This makes me laugh to no end! Can you even imagine Mitt and Ann at a boxing match?
http://bobcesca.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/0...
kliker

Banja Luka, Bosnia and Herzegovina

#819182 Dec 10, 2012
ONLINE MOVIES FOR FREE VISIT MY YT CHANNEL LIKE AND SUBSCRIBE http://adf.ly/FoUUy

Location hidden

#819183 Dec 10, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
and did nothing, and still has done nothing
Why do you hate your country so??

Please leave. Americans support each other.

You're hateful swine who hates your fellow citizen.

You know I'm right. I'm always right.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#819184 Dec 10, 2012
The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee is launching robo-calls against 35 Republican lawmakers, urging them to extend the middle-class tax cuts, the group announced on Monday.

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/d...

anyone get that call? i'd love to know what it says. maybe something like....

'Republicans want to raise your taxes!'

Location hidden

#819185 Dec 10, 2012
<quoted text>
Are you really this dumb? How in the hell have you made through life thus far?
There is no limit to Ed's ignorance and stupidity.

After all, he comes here and makes up stories about dead daughters to get people's sympathy for his being a dumbass.

Location hidden

#819186 Dec 10, 2012
Fenris the Archangel wrote:
<quoted text>
Ssssshhhh! Dont tell lily the boca rotan oreo that Trayvon was a violent thug; it will spoil her dark meat-only dinner.......:-)
Oh lookie, it's Fenris the Big Bad Wolf.

He likes to huff and puff and blow everyone!!

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#819187 Dec 10, 2012
This makes me laugh to no end! Can you even imagine Mitt and Ann at a boxing match?
Yes I can, and they paid admission to attend. Something you wouldn't be able to do. Oh that's right, because you couldn't trade your food stamps for a seat.

Location hidden

#819188 Dec 10, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
No white person, even Hillary, can win the Democrat nomination if a qualified person of color enters the race, particularly one seen as a surrogate for an Obama Third Term.
Besides, Hillary will be 69 years old in 2016, and already appears a little long in the tooth.
Same age Reagan was. DUH

And Hillary doesn't have alzheimers, as Reagan did from the day he took office.

You seem to enjoy saying really stupid things that are easy to make fun of!!

Look it up, you'll see I'm right. I'm always right.

Location hidden

#819189 Dec 10, 2012
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"silly"
The above is a dumb post. Why should I or anyone else pay a higher percentage of his income in Federal Income tax. Or a lower rate. Make it fair, we all pay the same rate. After all we are all equal.
Peace
PS: I have to note you have no reason their should be a difference American's pay on their incomes. For me a flat tax, the same for all, no deductions.
Stay stupid, Ed. It's about all you have left.

That and fake stories about dead relatives.

And lies about your limp!!

Location hidden

#819190 Dec 10, 2012
Carter wrote:
<quoted text> We already have a woman president, Obama. Have you seen him in his mom jeans attempting to throw a ball?
That's a Nobraina line if I ever heard it!!

Proves your fear of Obama, as if we didn't already know!!

Now Nobraina has sockpuppets in Florida@!!

This one just as stupid as John Galt or any orf the others.
man balls 4 obama

United States

#819191 Dec 10, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you hate your country so??
Please leave. Americans support each other.
You're hateful swine who hates your fellow citizen.
You know I'm right. I'm always right.
You only know one thing:
Obama's gonna give you a job washin manBalls!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#819192 Dec 10, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no limit to Ed's ignorance and stupidity.
After all, he comes here and makes up stories about dead daughters to get people's sympathy for his being a dumbass.
That was a great post about taxation, but it will fall on blind eyes.
He's been asking the same question for a week, kind of like that tourrettes victim asking every day what are we doing in Libya.
There's definitely something totally missing with these nuts. They focus on hatred of the poor. Tourrettes thinks she is carrying the weight of the poor! She is the poor; all we can do is laugh at how damn dumb they are.

Location hidden

#819193 Dec 10, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all you're comparing a category 1 hurricane hitting New Jersey to a category 5 hitting New Orleans that is below sea level.
The state government knew the levees were not capable of withstanding a hurricane 5 for years but shifted funds to reinforce them elsewhere.
And 95% of the tragedy of Katrina is due to the incompetence of preparations by Ray Nagin and Kathleen Blanco.
But please tell me what Obama did that Bush didn't that made any difference whatsoever.
Why bother?? You're too pigheaded to understand.

You've proven that for four years now.

Fact is, Americans rated Bush very low on his response to Katrina.

Regardless of how you spin it.

Fact is, Americans rated Obama very high on his response to Sandy.

Even you admit this when you say Sandy won the election for Obama.

Think about it, if you can. Have a cigarette or two, if it helps.

You'll see I'm right. I'm always right.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#819194 Dec 10, 2012
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text> Yes I can, and they paid admission to attend. Something you wouldn't be able to do. Oh that's right, because you couldn't trade your food stamps for a seat.
"Hi Manny, I ran for President and lost", then Paqauio lost the fight; Mitt jinxed him. Pay for tickets? Are you effing serious? The wealthy never pay for tickets or anything of the sort, you retard. The more money you have, the more free stuff you get.
Paquiao should box Mitt in the ear for jinxing him.
ole_47

United States

#819195 Dec 10, 2012
How many eagles has your wind turbine killed?

Location hidden

#819196 Dec 10, 2012
Fenris the Archangel wrote:
<quoted text>
She's too fckn ugly to get elected in this pinup/posterboy age. No one wants to look at a dried-out old hag for 4 years, and you ought to know that better than anyone else....:-)
If it wasn't for abject stupidity, you'd have nothing to say!!

Mittens was a 'pinup/posterboy'. Yet he lost, badly.

Like i said, other than abject stupidity, you'd have nothing to say.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#819197 Dec 10, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
never mind that the Bush DOJ found that no one beyond the talking heads on FOX actually experienced any intimidation.
and this time around i think the GOP knew better than to send in another flunky with a camera.
LOL, yes, and then they begin to realize that they can't just pander to the rich old white guys; they have to embrace the Latinos!
Then Ann Coulter goes into her rant about how they're all nitwits, lazy and on welfare!! Keep talking! They can't help themselves; they are what they are and as Rachel Maddow said, let them believe that it was because of a hurricane!
The R party is done!!
ole_47

United States

#819198 Dec 10, 2012
<quoted text>
"Hi Manny, I ran for President and lost", then Paqauio lost the fight; Mitt jinxed him. Pay for tickets? Are you effing serious? The wealthy never pay for tickets or anything of the sort, you retard. The more money you have, the more free stuff you get.
Paquiao should box Mitt in the ear for jinxing him.
How many bags of popcorn do you shovel into your face while the slaves are thrown to the lions?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 16 min James 68,516
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 27 min Scrutiny 178,111
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Petal Power 46,744
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr andet1987 4,726
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr Mister Tonka 98,239
Adult Nursing Relationships (May '11) 2 hr Handcuff ottoman 137
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr KiMerde 49,882
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago