Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
756,701 - 756,720 of 1,081,789 Comments Last updated 2 min ago

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#819016
Dec 9, 2012
 
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
better than taking a shot at it eh?
run little rabbit run.
This kind of post used to be beneath you. What happened?
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#819017
Dec 9, 2012
 
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
He's doing just fine...the GOP is not.
You've never made a prediction on here that
proved to be true.
It's been said too many times, but bears repeating.
You are a moron.
I didn't predict anything. Not now or ever that I'm aware of.

I simply stated a fact. Obama doesn't know how to play nice with anyone except democrats who do his bidding without question.
Independent

Alice, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#819018
Dec 9, 2012
 
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I just now got it.
I'd assumed FNC stood for Fox "News"s Channel but it must be Fox "News" Comedy ...
It all makes so much sense now, I feel pretty dumb.
You really want to get a laugh? Try watching msnbs and Mr. maddow, they are a riot! Especially after the first debate, the look on their faces was priceless....lol.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#819019
Dec 9, 2012
 
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Reagan was 100 years old & senile.
She'll do just fine.
It's your Party that believes a token is the answer in idiotbox Rubio.
If Hillary runs, you're screwed and you know it.
You also know that Rove ruined your Party by turning it over to Evangelical nutjobs.
Reagan was a man who was comfortable in his own skin, knew exactly what he believed and was the Great Communicator.

Obama acts senile sometimes already. And he's much younger than Reagan when he left office.

Also, Reagan wasn't diagnosed with Alzheimer's until five years after his presidency.

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#819020
Dec 9, 2012
 
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Florida is joining other states in opting out of certain provisions of Obamacare after the Supreme Court ruling.
Florida will opt out of spending approximately $1.9 billion more taxpayer dollars required to implement a massive entitlement expansion of the Medicaid program
Medicaid costs will grow even faster under ObamaCare and education funding will be affected adversely if Medicaid spending isn't controlled.
Florida will also opt out insurance “exchanges” that will result in higher insurance premium costs – more money out of the pockets of Florida’s families and businesses.
The Congressional Budget Office has said insurance premiums on state exchanges will increase another 10-13% under the rules of Obamacare. In states already operating insurance exchanges under similar rules, health care premiums are substantially more expensive.
Only would a Republican punish their constituents for political purpose.
GhostofRaygun

Morgantown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#819021
Dec 9, 2012
 
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
The proof is in the pudding over the Bush tax cuts. They were followed by a record 52 straight months of job creation, producing 8 million new jobs, with the unemployment rate falling to 4.4%. Business investment spending, which had declined for 9 straight quarters, reversed and increased 6.7% per quarter, producing all those new jobs.
Because of that increased investment, labor productivity soared by 2.5% annually from 2003 to 2007, higher than the averages of the 1970s, 1980s, and 1990s. As a result, real after tax income per capita increased by more than 11%.
Manufacturing output soared to its highest level in 20 years. The stock market revived, creating almost $7 trillion in new shareholder wealth. From 2003 to 2007, the S&P 500 almost doubled. After the Bush tax cuts started in 2001, quickly ending the 2001 recession, the economy continued to grow for another 73 months. From 2000 to 2007, real GDP grew by more than 17%, meaning an additional $2.1 trillion for the American people.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterferrara/2012...
I'll see your 8 million new jobs when Bush lowered the tax rate and raise you 22 million new jobs when Clinton raised the tax rates. I'll see your 2000 to 2008 record and raise you 1950 to 1970 that saw America's greatest growth when the top rates were 90% and 75%.
Fenris the Archangel

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#819023
Dec 9, 2012
 
Nj raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>I truly wish I knew you. I would truly/literally make you eat those words. Your post alone tells me alot about you. Your one of those oskosh wearing hillbillies. True red neck, 2 teeth one on both sides with a stick of straw in your mouth. Type to cross the street or lock the door on your tractor when you see a young black man approaching. You get empowered by the internet. Finally got a chance to invoke your right of freedom of speech. Your a coward!
You pusceeeazz spookster, you make me laugh. What would you do, commit a violent crime just as most of the of "tha otha young brothas" do? You just proved my point; the negro for some reason is mired in a culture of violence. That doesnt mean that ALL are crimnals; just at a rate seven timer higher per capta than the next highest ethnicity. BTW, I dont need to cross any street or lock any doors; I'm highly armed and will take action aganst any violent criminal threatening my (or any innocent person's) life. Bring it, doughboy puscee....:-)
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#819024
Dec 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Only would a Republican punish their constituents for political purpose.
I wouldn't call saving Florida's taxpayers $1.9 billion that would be required to implement a massive entitlement expansion under Obamacare is punishing them.

Florida already has health care safety net programs for those with the greatest need, including assistance for families with incomes up to 133% of the poverty line, and Florida KidCare to ensure no child goes without health care in Florida.

Things taxpayers don't mind paying for. Wonder why other states didn't follow Florida's example.
GhostofRaygun

Morgantown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#819025
Dec 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Reagan was a man who was comfortable in his own skin, knew exactly what he believed and was the Great Communicator.
Obama acts senile sometimes already. And he's much younger than Reagan when he left office.
Also, Reagan wasn't diagnosed with Alzheimer's until five years after his presidency.
You Repubs won't elect Reagan for dog catcher if he was running today. As Gov. of CA he put in place a total gun ban and as President raised America's debt 186%. The MOST ever by any President including Obama. He was the first President ever to sell America's debt to outside nations. He granted amnesty to millions of illegals. How so you think all that would go over today with Repubs? hahahahahahahhahahahahahhaha!! !!!!!!!!
Fenris the Archangel

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#819026
Dec 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
You have forgotten that she is a woman! This country is ready for a female President, and who better qualified thatn Hillary Clinton!
That ought to send you conservatives back another 50 years!!
A woman? Oh the peril!
She's too fckn ugly to get elected in this pinup/posterboy age. No one wants to look at a dried-out old hag for 4 years, and you ought to know that better than anyone else....:-)
proud2bwhite

Denham Springs, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#819027
Dec 9, 2012
 
lily boca raton fl wrote:
Netanyahu is leading Israel into an abyss
Netanyahu keeps behaving in a way that profoundly contradicts the values of the club of the Free World, of which he wants to be a valued member: His disregard for international law and individual human rights of Palestinians simply doesn’t square with the standards of the Free World.
Europe’s reaction to Netanyahu’s decision to build in area E-1 has been swift, but ended up being lighter than originally expected. France and Britain considered recalling their ambassadors from Israel, but haven’t done so at this point. Israel’s ambassadors in Europe were summoned by various governments to hear that Europe is no longer willing to put up with Israel's expansion of the occupation.
http://www.haaretz.com/blogs/strenger-than-fi...
so you're saying.Israel building houseing for its people in their own country is bad..and terrorist fireing thousands of rockets at israel is good. Is that what you're being told to think now. I'm not supprized. You allways support those that will destroy you in the end.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#819028
Dec 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
This kind of post used to be beneath you. What happened?
the self righteousness of the myth creators.

it's one thing to be right, even they're not, but to act like they've presented something that we should all be impressed with when nothing has been presented is a malady that deserves nothing but scorn.

and anyway....as you know, i take my fair share of abuse with usually nothing more but humor in return. a rare moment of real emotion should not be reason to think that my personae will continue to act in that manner. i've shown that person respect before when it was deserved, and will do so again when it's prudent.

so we cool? i really have no choice now but to cool off. someone called me out.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#819029
Dec 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Just for fun, let's guess when Obama will make his Carter's "malaise speech".

170,000 pages of laws just on how we must obey. And they keep making more.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#819031
Dec 9, 2012
 
GhostofRaygun wrote:
<quoted text>You Repubs won't elect Reagan for dog catcher if he was running today. As Gov. of CA he put in place a total gun ban and as President raised America's debt 186%. The MOST ever by any President including Obama. He was the first President ever to sell America's debt to outside nations. He granted amnesty to millions of illegals. How so you think all that would go over today with Repubs? hahahahahahahhahahahahahhaha!! !!!!!!!!
He signed a law banning the carrying of loaded firearms in public.

You can stop laughing now.
proud2bwhite

Denham Springs, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#819032
Dec 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

carol wrote:
Just for fun, let's guess when Obama will make his Carter's "malaise speech".
170,000 pages of laws just on how we must obey. And they keep making more.
I'm thinking obama will be makeing his Morsi speach, demanding complete control of all government and declaring himself king.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#819033
Dec 9, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Nj raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>I truly wish I knew you. I would truly/literally make you eat those words. Your post alone tells me alot about you. Your one of those oskosh wearing hillbillies. True red neck, 2 teeth one on both sides with a stick of straw in your mouth. Type to cross the street or lock the door on your tractor when you see a young black man approaching. You get empowered by the internet. Finally got a chance to invoke your right of freedom of speech. Your a coward!
I truly wish I never get to know you. I would truly/literally vomit on making your acquaintance. Your post alone tells me alot about you. You are one of those indoctrinated liberal drones - the grey-uniformed humanoids with colorless faces, empty eyes devoid of any shade of life in those famous Apple TV Ads. A true Animal Farm beast of burden with elitist posture, a grandiloquent and pompous azz swaggering and braying through corn fields of ears that don't listen.

You would rather let your neighbors get mugged & murdered than to call the police about a Trayvon Martin walking in the rain through the neighborhood casing houses. You would rather hide FBI statistics showing black males being 8 times more likely to commit assaults than white males because free speech and free thought and free expression are all an anathema to The Order demanded by your Media Masters. No talk is allowed about black prison populations and high conviction rates because it, too, threatens The Order of The Media Masters. You get empowered by the internet because it is an efficient vehicle to spread lies with. A Wu Mao Dang's dream!!

You are another one of millions of Liberal Musicians blowing you Tin Horn! The Music of the Masters!

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#819034
Dec 9, 2012
 
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
No one pays more or less.
Everyone pays the same rate on their taxable income as follows:
up to $17,700 - 10%
17,700 to 70,700 - 15%
So on & so on.
Everyone pays the same.
You are a f*cking idiot.
But hey, crawl back in your hole & start lying about my income. Its all a pathetic loser like you has.
"real dumb"
You come off dumber and dumber. B y your own admission some folks pay a higher rate than others. Thank you for the admission. Now tell me why someone anyone should pay a higher rate.
Flat tax, no deductibles.
Peace
KMA

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#819035
Dec 9, 2012
 
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it's funny; that's why. Just picture stiff Mitt going to Paquaios dressing room and saying "Manny, I ran for President and lost" why did he do that? Talk about a buzzkill.
All of the above can't be solved by any one President in one day, so get the eff over it.
"silly"
president nobama has had more than 4 years to change the course. To date he has failed. I hope i am wrong but I have a sense that things are going to get worse.
Peace

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#819036
Dec 9, 2012
 
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
This kind of post used to be beneath you. What happened?
"Eman"
I see you have noted that many of the liberaloons are gewtting more personal in their comments. Know why? They have nothing else.
Peace
Fenris the Archangel

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#819037
Dec 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I truly wish I never get to know you. I would truly/literally vomit on making your acquaintance. Your post alone tells me alot about you. You are one of those indoctrinated liberal drones - the grey-uniformed humanoids with colorless faces, empty eyes devoid of any shade of life in those famous Apple TV Ads. A true Animal Farm beast of burden with elitist posture, a grandiloquent and pompous azz swaggering and braying through corn fields of ears that don't listen.
You would rather let your neighbors get mugged & murdered than to call the police about a Trayvon Martin walking in the rain through the neighborhood casing houses. You would rather hide FBI statistics showing black males being 8 times more likely to commit assaults than white males because free speech and free thought and free expression are all an anathema to The Order demanded by your Media Masters. No talk is allowed about black prison populations and high conviction rates because it, too, threatens The Order of The Media Masters. You get empowered by the internet because it is an efficient vehicle to spread lies with. A Wu Mao Dang's dream!!
You are another one of millions of Liberal Musicians blowing you Tin Horn! The Music of the Masters!
Bravo and well said, but I think you are gving him too much credit. He's just a puscee, wannabe thug too scared to actually do anything. Picture an even less-athletic Erkel......:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

99 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Rogue Scholar 05 174,894
last post wins! (Apr '13) 6 min boundary painter 298
Fun Song Combos (Sep '12) 9 min boundary painter 361
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 12 min boundary painter 471
Abby 7-28 18 min boundary painter 9
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 23 min Sublime1 97,560
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 24 min boundary painter 7,702
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 28 at 9:22AM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••