Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 37,834)

Showing posts 756,661 - 756,680 of1,032,979
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are we broke nitwit? Could it have something to do with unnecessary tax cuts and two wars?
No. Excess spending on government programs like Porkulus.
THE DEBIL

Ukraine

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

ole_47 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I say I am in the aerospace industry?
No one in the 47 percent club does anything but Walmart and flip burgers...gotta stay under the $57K threshold...
UM... YES, YOU DID. BUT DEBIL REALIZE YOU A TRUCK DRIVER FO' KROGERS SO HE CUT YOU A L'IL SLACK.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>No woman should be forced to give birth to a child she cannot afford to raise properly. You racist republicans are the reason there are so many unwanted pregnancies. You want to enslave all women and blacks.
We encourage the black genocide program started by Margaret Sanger and Planned Parenthood.
ole_47

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

THE DEBIL wrote:
<quoted text>
MAKES NO SENSE TO YOU, JOHN. MAKES A LOT OF SENSE TO THE SLAVES.
NEWSFLASH!!

White people slaves too

1 million plus!!!!!!!!!!

"WHEN EUROPEANS WERE SLAVES: RESEARCH SUGGESTS WHITE SLAVERY WAS MUCH MORE COMMON THAN PREVIOUSLY BELIEVED"

Go Buckeyes!

http://researchnews.osu.edu/archive/whtslav.h...

File this in the:
My misery is more important than your misery...
File cabinet
ole_47

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

THE DEBIL wrote:
<quoted text>
UM... YES, YOU DID. BUT DEBIL REALIZE YOU A TRUCK DRIVER FO' KROGERS SO HE CUT YOU A L'IL SLACK.
as long as I am under $57K AND get the Clinton 15% tax rate....

I'll flip burgers all day-like you!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it owned by Bain? Isn't Clear Channel who Rush Limbaugh works for?
Bain is one of the chief investors/stockholders. It's my understanding that Rush owns and markets his shows.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Nj raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Before I even ask you this question, here's a brief summary. Yes my mother & father worked all my life. Both have been working since they were in their teens in factories, not no bullshit sitting on their asses all day jobs that get paid more than the laborers (folks who deserve it). Now I'm willing to bet your last comment is coming from a person who's father worked , but mother was a stay at home mom(if not my apologies). Had a nanny & all! See thats normal for white folks to have a household where the father works & the mother stays home, but for black folks you point the finger when the reality is the system is designed to lock the black fathers up & leave mother home alone in the world to fend for the family. Now you can turn a blind eye to the facts, but it's fact so before you point the finger know the facts or at least acknowledge them. I don't got to break down the% of black to white inmates in prison or the fact that crimes committed by blacks are targeted more by far & carry far worse penalties when white/blue collar crimes happens on a much larger scale & have the tendency to devastate whole communities. You people feel entitled, but just know that every action has a reaction. If the system wants to continue to make locking up black makes a business, then you will continue to have more women with babies on welfare & that goes for every minority. It gets deeper than that. Countless black males don't pay taxes because they're either locked up or on parole with a record so nobody will hire them. Now that forces them to repeat the cycle of committing a crime to survive & provide for their family, getting caught & locked up again, female left alone to provide for the family, can't affords childcare so they stay home & collect welfare, & the story never ends. THINK BEFORE YOU START POINTING FINGERS!
What was your question again?

I have one for you: Who decided to commit the crimes putting them in prison in the first place?

Poverty does not give anyone the right to steal.
Anger does not give anyone the right to assault or batter anyone else.
Frustration does not give anyone the right to vandalize.
Youth does not give anyone the right to flaunt the law.

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time. Prison isn't for sissies.
THE DEBIL

Ukraine

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

THE IRONY IS: YOUNG GIRLS WORK CHEAP; THEY JUS' GETTIN' STARTED.
THE DEBIL

Ukraine

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

ole_47 wrote:
<quoted text>
NEWSFLASH!!
White people slaves too
1 million plus!!!!!!!!!!
"WHEN EUROPEANS WERE SLAVES: RESEARCH SUGGESTS WHITE SLAVERY WAS MUCH MORE COMMON THAN PREVIOUSLY BELIEVED"
Go Buckeyes!
http://researchnews.osu.edu/archive/whtslav.h...
File this in the:
My misery is more important than your misery...
File cabinet
HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEH, DEBIL NO RACIST, CRACKER, HE CARE NOT WHAT COLOR HIS SLAVES IS. TAKE YOU FO' INSTANCE...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean that by meddling in their affairs we ourselves may ultimately be targeted by extremists in the region?
Heaven forbid!
Syria next, because of Saddam Hussein's chemical weapons.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>Could it be the Barack Hussein Obama 'Business Tax'? Naw, that ain't it, everybody loves paying taxes?
It's ratings moron__taxes are part of the cost of doing business, if the ratings were strong everything would be roses.
THE DEBIL

Ukraine

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

K, WHEN THIS SILLY SHIT GON' STOP? YOU LOST, WE WON, IT'S OVER. YOU GET THAT? YOU ABOUT TO PAY THROUGH THE NOSE FO' BEIN' LOSERS. GET OVER IT. SHOW DEBIL YOU TITS.... DO IT... DO IT NOW!!!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Well, I don't know about other towns, but that is done here. They get expelled and then have to go to an alternative school. However, if that school is filled with troublemakers, I'm not sure how that turns out, maybe some get worse, maybe others have parents who put them into private schools.
Many school systems are too small to afford a separate "alternative school."

What should be done with a student selling drugs in school?

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
This is not the first time public schools have silenced children who exercise their freedom of speech and their freedom to express religion. It won't be the last.
The N.C. State Constitution itself does little to nothing to protect the rights of non-Christian religions or non-religious persons.
The school board decision proves that we don't always elect the brightest bulbs in the pack. Clearly, they don't quite understand the Constitution(s) or even their own policy (code 1710/4021/7230).
That said...
A SIX YEAR OLD first grader writing a poem about veterans? At that age they are still learning how to spell "strength", much less include it in a poem. I would venture that the school board censored the parents more than the child.

And that said, I came across something else that's interesting.
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/pea...

Meanwhile, the Constitution of North Carolina has this to say about it:
Sec. 4. Secession prohibited.
This State shall ever remain a member of the American Union; the people thereof are part of the American nation; there is no right on the part of this State to secede; and all attempts, from whatever source or upon whatever pretext, to dissolve this Union or to sever this Nation, shall be resisted with the whole power of the State.

Sec. 5. Allegiance to the United States.
Every citizen of this State owes paramount allegiance to the Constitution and government of the United States, and no law or ordinance of the State in contravention or subversion thereof can have any binding force.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Well, I don't know about other towns, but that is done here. They get expelled and then have to go to an alternative school. However, if that school is filled with troublemakers, I'm not sure how that turns out, maybe some get worse, maybe others have parents who put them into private schools.
We have alternative schools in my area as well. They're mostly full of dedicated teachers, who actually give a damn, and who regularly turn out students with higher than average ACT scores. Many of these are not tax-funded, however - the ones in our town are funded by private donors, and they are excellent. My elder son was skipping his high school classes regularly, until I enrolled him in the Project XII program here, and he graduated with a 5K scholarship. If not for the alternative program, he'd have dropped out or been expelled for absence, because he HATED public school.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The Obama FEMA response in New York and New Jersey has been a total failure, worse than Katrina, which is no surprise.
Pure stupid.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Bain is one of the chief investors/stockholders. It's my understanding that Rush owns and markets his shows.
Correct. Limbaugh's business model is to provide the program content to the stations in exchange for advertising time that he markets.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

The GOP Establishment Has Done Far More Damage Than the Tea Party

It's a mistake to blame powerless insurgents, however unhinged, for the dismal record of the Republican Party.

What the right needs now is another William F. Buckley, says former Republican National Committee staffer David Welch. "In the 1960s, Buckley, largely through his position at the helm of National Review, displayed political courage and sanity by taking on the John Birch Society, an influential anti-Communist group whose members saw conspiracies everywhere they looked," he writes. "Fast forward half a century. The modern-day Birchers are the Tea Party. By loudly espousing extreme rhetoric, yet holding untenable beliefs, they have run virtually unchallenged by the Republican leadership, aided by irresponsible radio talk-show hosts and right-wing pundits. While the Tea Party grew, respected moderate voices in the party were further pushed toward extinction."

This is mistaken analysis.

As a critic of Tea Party excesses and right-wing talk radio, I'm often approached with this sort of suggestion as if I'll be sympathetic to it. But ready as I am to attack "untenable beliefs" wherever they may be found, the notion that the Tea Party is responsible for the right's woes is perilously wrongheaded, for it ignores the ruinous role the GOP establishment has played in recent years.

The GOP establishment has failed conservatives and the country alike.

It made George W. Bush's nomination a fait accompli in the run-up to the 2000 primaries. Members of the establishment presided over the Bush Administration's ruinous foreign policy. In Congress, it was establishment Republicans who pushed the Iraq War, gave us the K Street Project, and signed off on a fiscal course that combined two costly wars, the budget-busting Medicare Part D, and tax cuts paid for with borrowed money. The Tea Party arose in part as a response to some of those failures, along with the giveaway of taxpayer money to many of the people most culpable for causing the financial crisis. Among the Tea Party's many flaws is the fact that many of its members are too slavishly loyal in their partisan attachments, which is why they've done so little to effect actual change.

That isn't to excuse the idiocy found daily on Fox News, Rush Limbaugh's radio show, and the WorldNetDaily constellation of right-wing websites, all of which do tremendous damage to the conservative movement. Nor is it to excuse the Tea Party's flaws or its laughable field of presidential candidates in the 2012 cycle. It's just to say that the failures of the conservative movement and the grassroots right are consequential because it renders them unable to reform a failed establishment which, by virtue of wielding power, has itself been the cause of many woes.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Many school systems are too small to afford a separate "alternative school."
What should be done with a student selling drugs in school?
Prosecute them for sales of illicit substances.
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
... as opposed to being indoctrinated by Fox "News" propaganda?
Hmmm ...
whether or not you think anyone is ‘indoctrinated by Fox "News" propaganda’ is irrelevant to what is to come:

a lot of shock, awe and dumbfounded looks evolving into anger when companies roll out their 2014 healthcare benefit plans at the end of 2013.

because the election showed that the average person evidently doesn’t care about or pay attention to the economy or perhaps that they are willing to settle for less in exchange for more “free stuff” that they think will be funded by the evil rich.

when there is less $$ in their paychecks because all the Bush tax cuts have expired, probably all that will surface is the classwar rhetoric about the evil rich spouted by Obama and given a platform by the MSM.

Obama’s ideology is far left and redistributionist. Amnesty for millions of unskilled, government dependent illegal aliens will lead to more illegal immigration.

and whether one watches Fox News or not doesn’t change the above.

I predict that Honey Boo Boo will remain more important to many Americans than paying attention to politics
– until they suddenly have less take home pay,
- or they can’t get a job without speaking Spanish
- or their state and local taxes have skyrocketed because of the cost of millions of more poor immigrants exhausting government and charitable systems.

Obama was re-elected. the worst is yet to come.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 756,661 - 756,680 of1,032,979
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]