Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
carol

Orlando, FL

#818867 Dec 9, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
Carol bailed.
Much as I dislike her tendency to lie, she's fun to poke with a stick.
The rest of you wingnuts don't amount to anything other than sore losers.
Time to go. Nice day.
Whew! Barely dodged THAT bullet.
Fenris the Archangel

United States

#818868 Dec 9, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny to hear that from a moron who's been whining like a beaten pup since you lost the election!!
You're right. You're to blame for your own situation.
That being a loser who's still pissing and moaning about Obama, even as he kicked your side's azz twice in a row!!
As I said before spermsack, Romney was a weak candidate (although he's led a much more productive private life than Mr Obama). Obama gridlocked as president doesnt bother me in the least. I pay infrequent vists to Topix (because I have a great life), but I WILL come back to watch you whine as the House "just says no" time and time again (and you cry like a leftist btch as always)...:-)
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#818869 Dec 9, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The governor of New York is a democrat but the point is the same.
It was a democrat governor who wouldn't give Bush permission to take control of her state.
But I will rephrase for your benefit.
A democrat governor and a republican governor didn't need to give Obama permission to take control of their states.
You get the picture. Maybe not.
You're so sadly informed and gullible it's pathetic.
Fenris the Archangel

United States

#818870 Dec 9, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
All you do is display your racist hatred.
Didn't help you in the elections, did it??
You're the sorest of the sore losers.
It'll be worse for you going forward. Soon gay marriage will be legal, giving you haters more ammo!!
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I'm all FOR gay marrige, spermsack. The best solution is to remove ALL financial incentive for anyone to be married, and then the playing field is level.

You know absolutely NOTHING about my views, and even less about reality. Nobody cares how many blacks kill each other (certainly not Barack Obama, since he's more anglo than negro), and it continues worldwide on a daily basis. If that's the path they choose, "the more thugs down, the merrier"....:-)
Fenris the Archangel

United States

#818871 Dec 9, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Now, who was it that used to do that childish...:-) and ...;~) nonsense?
Bronach? DB NumbNuts? Refresh my memory will you?
Racist POS loser!
I haven't been here in a couple of years crybaby puscee, but keep guessing. It will help you kill time while you make all your apologist claims for the most violent criminal segment of society (aka the negroes).......
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#818872 Dec 9, 2012
Fenris the Archangel wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said before spermsack, Romney was a weak candidate (although he's led a much more productive private life than Mr Obama). Obama gridlocked as president doesnt bother me in the least. I pay infrequent vists to Topix (because I have a great life), but I WILL come back to watch you whine as the House "just says no" time and time again (and you cry like a leftist btch as always)...:-)
Good news for Americans alas sad for tea party
The US added 146,000 jobs in November, official data shows, as the economy seemingly shrugged off storm Sandy.
The unexpectedly strong performance brought the unemployment rate down to
a four-year low of 7.7% of the workforce.
The jobs figure was well above most analysts' expectations and continued a recent surge that begun in July.
Weekly jobs claims registered a sharp but short-lived jump in the number claiming benefits in the states ravaged by the storm last month.
Fenris the Archangel

United States

#818873 Dec 9, 2012
OK leftist puscees; life calls. Till I laugh at you again, sayonara.....:-)
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#818874 Dec 9, 2012
loose cannon wrote:
Lily,
The Palestinian Authority is in danger of collapse.
So is Republican opposition to taxing the rich.

One by one, Republicans seem to be toppling in the direction of President Obama’s insistence that wealthy Americans pay higher taxes.

On Sunday, it was Sen. Bob Corker (R) of Tennessee, who told “Fox News Sunday” that Republicans likely would have to give in on Obama’s demand that the Bush-era tax cut for those making more than $250,000 be allowed to expire at the end of the year. The President, he acknowledged,“has the upper hand on taxes.”
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#818875 Dec 9, 2012
Sen. Bob Corker (R-TN) came out in favor of allowing tax rates on the wealthy return to Clinton-era levels, arguing on "Fox News Sunday" that Republicans don't have a lot of cards in their hand when it comes to negotiations. Corker argued that once Republicans concede on tax rates, they will have more leverage to negotiate on the spending side of a debt deal, namely entitlement reform. "I actually am beginning to believe that is the best route for us to take," he said.

"There is a growing group of folks that are looking at this and realizing that we don't have a lot of cards as it relates to the tax issue before year end," Corker said. "So, a lot of people are putting forth a theory, and I actually think it has merit, where you go ahead and give the president the 2 percent increase that he's talking about, the rate increase on the top two percent. And all of a sudden the shift goes back to entitlements… The focus then shifts to entitlements and maybe that puts us in a place where we actually can do something that really saves this nation. So there is a growing body -- I actually am beginning to believe that is the best route for us to take, to again shift the focus where it needs to be, which is on entitlements."

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/g...

finally give and take reappears. goodbye Tea Party.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#818876 Dec 9, 2012
Rep. Tom Cole (R-OK) said Sunday that middle income tax cuts would pass the House if brought up.

Asked on CNN’s “State of the Union” if he sees growing Republican support for the bill that GOP leaders oppose, he said,“Yeah, honestly I think if it got to the floor, it would carry.”

“I think it would,” said Cole, a deputy majority whip.“Look, that’s my judgment, but I spend a lot of time counting votes and looking around. But this doesn’t say we’re going to raise taxes on anybody, it says OK this group for sure, your taxes aren’t going up. Get that done with, get it over with.”

The remarks seem to undermine Speaker John Boehner’s hand in fiscal cliff negotiations with President Obama. The Speaker’s call for Obama to make concessions in the talks is built on the premise that the president’s plan for avoiding the cliff cannot pass both chambers of Congress.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/12/to...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#818877 Dec 9, 2012
Tom Coburn: I Will Accept Tax Increases If Dems Do Entitlement Reform

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/t...

i wonder how FOX will misinform about Republicans?
Nj raider 1

United States

#818878 Dec 9, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
That percentage doesn't seem to change, wonder why.
Ya'll truly need to get out of the suburbs alot more. Go to the city parts alot more. Shit'll change your life & how ya'll view equality & inequality. Trust me it ain't what ya'll think. Though everybody says & alot want change & equality, shit is still black & white. So when you make a remark like you wonder why the percentage doesn't change, one can only wonder where that type of thinking comes from (racism, or just misunderstanding or pure ignorance). Either way you needs a reality makeover!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#818879 Dec 9, 2012
A few words to ponder as we sail toward the fiscal cliff. Those words would be:“That was then, this is now.”

Strip away the false piety and legalistic hair splitting offered by Republican lawmakers rationalizing their decision to abandon a pledge that they will never ever, ever, ever vote to raise taxes, and that’s pretty much what the explanation boils down to.

Rep. Peter King says he understood the pledge, propounded by the almighty Grover Norquist and his group Americans for Tax Reform, to obligate him for only one term. Apparently, he thought it had to be renewed, like a driver’s license.

Sen. Lindsey Graham says that if Democrats agree to entitlement reform,“I will violate the pledge for the good of the country”— a stirring statement of patriotism and sacrifice that warms your heart like a midnight snack of jalapeño chili fries.

In other words: bull twinkies. If you want the truth of why a trickle of GOP lawmakers is suddenly willing to blaspheme the holy scripture of their faith, it’s simple. The pledge used to be politically expedient. Now it is not.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/12/09/3132053...
carol

Orlando, FL

#818881 Dec 9, 2012
Maybe someone who knows more about the stock market than me can say if this is good news or not.

"While investors may be selling stocks to avoid higher taxes in 2013, companies may continue to announce special and accelerated dividend payments before year end.

"To be sure, the big sell-off in stocks following the November 6 election was likely related to tax selling, making it hard to judge how much more is to come."

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/fiscal-cliff-...
carol

Orlando, FL

#818882 Dec 9, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>You're so sadly informed and gullible it's pathetic.
Funny, I thought it was the other way around. In fact, I'm quite sure it is.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#818883 Dec 9, 2012
Author and economist Ben Stein joined Fox & Friends on Thursday where he stunned the hosts after he called for raising the tax rates on people making more than $2 million per year. He said that he did not think that the United States simply had a spending problem, and cited the early post-war period as an example of a time when you could have high tax rates and high growth.

“I hate to say this on Fox – I hope I’ll be allowed to leave here alive – but I don’t think there is any way we can cut spending enough to make a meaningful difference,” said Stein.“We’re going to have to raise taxes on very, very rich people. People with incomes of, say,$2,$3,$4 million a year and up. And then slowly, slowly, slowly move it down.$250,000 a year, that’s not a rich person.”

Stein said that the government has a spending problem, but they also have a “too low taxes problem.”

“With all due respect to Fox, who I love like brothers and sisters, taxes are too low,” said Stein.

“That sounds like Bowles-Simpson,” said Gretchen Carlson.

“It is Bowles-Simpson,” Stein replied.

“The evidence is that there is no clear connection between the level of taxation and the level of economic activity,” said Stein.“The biggest growth and prosperity we’ve ever had in this country was from roughly 1941 to 1973. That was the best years we’ve ever had and those were years of much higher taxes than we have now.”

“Taxes were at 70, 80 percent then,” said Steve Doocy.

“And yet, we were very prosperous,” Stein replied.“The highest rate was in the 90s during parts of the 50s, and yet we were very prosperous.”

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/ben-stein-stuns-fo...
carol

Orlando, FL

#818884 Dec 9, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
You missed Christie addressing the folks of his state, with immediate plans already in action, didn't you.
That's what GOOD governors do DUH A Vey...not damn and blame the weather on a potus.
Exactly. Louisiana governor and New Orleans mayor headed for the hills and then popped up in front of every camera they could find to blame Bush when it was the governor, herself, who delayed armed national guard from taking control of their mistakes.

But all Obama had to do was show up and look like he has the situation completly under control right before the election while people in those states are still begging for help.

This is the irony of it all.
carol

Orlando, FL

#818885 Dec 9, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad your stories are mostly lies.
Which you've been caught at hundreds of times on this thread!!
Go back into hiding, dingbat!!
The truth is always consistent and unwavering. It's why Obama and democrats get stuck between that same old rock and a hard place.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#818886 Dec 9, 2012
Fox Business Guest Curtis Sliwa: Obama Is "Being Street" In Budget Talks

http://mediamatters.org/video/2012/12/07/fox-...

it's about time.

now some nutjob will whine and cry that Obama didn't offer anything to the republicans that they liked. then i'll have to tell that nutjob that the republicans never offer anything Obama likes.

though in nutjob world it's only fair when they get EVERYTHING they want. problem is nutjob, you threw fair out the window a long time ago.
carol

Orlando, FL

#818887 Dec 9, 2012
Okay, I'm back. Where'd everybody go?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Rogue Scholar 05 178,228
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Brian_G 46,845
Voltage Electronic Cigarette Battery 3 hr Arif 1
Abby 9-22 5 hr Kuuipo 11
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr RACE 98,253
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 6 hr andet1987 1,288
Word (Dec '08) 6 hr andet1987 4,741
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs