Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#818915 Dec 9, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Just seemed pointless - just the two of us, I mean.
But I did want to say one more thing - unless things pick back up again before I post this.
Let's all not forget about others this holiday even if we do like to banter about politics on here - as well as throughout the new year.
It's sometimes easy to forget that there are people who are much worse off than we can imagine.
Let's all promise to do something good for those less fortunate than ourselves before the holidays.
The two or three of us on here right now anyway. Hopefully, more of us who might read this later.
Agree - Hope that no ill has fallen any of our posters or their families and that all are enjoying the Christmas Season!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#818916 Dec 9, 2012
GhostofRaygun wrote:
<quoted text>Stein just hit the Repubs in the face with facts. There has NEVER been any proof lower taxes create jobs. The Repubs call us blind fools. They use talking points a 7th grade history class could prove wrong within minutes.
Big difference between $2 million and $250K. A family living in New York or California trying to send kids to college on $250K is far from wealthy.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#818917 Dec 9, 2012
GhostofRaygun wrote:
<quoted text>Stein just hit the Repubs in the face with facts. There has NEVER been any proof lower taxes create jobs. The Repubs call us blind fools. They use talking points a 7th grade history class could prove wrong within minutes.
The proof is in the pudding over the Bush tax cuts. They were followed by a record 52 straight months of job creation, producing 8 million new jobs, with the unemployment rate falling to 4.4%. Business investment spending, which had declined for 9 straight quarters, reversed and increased 6.7% per quarter, producing all those new jobs.

Because of that increased investment, labor productivity soared by 2.5% annually from 2003 to 2007, higher than the averages of the 1970s, 1980s, and 1990s. As a result, real after tax income per capita increased by more than 11%.

Manufacturing output soared to its highest level in 20 years. The stock market revived, creating almost $7 trillion in new shareholder wealth. From 2003 to 2007, the S&P 500 almost doubled. After the Bush tax cuts started in 2001, quickly ending the 2001 recession, the economy continued to grow for another 73 months. From 2000 to 2007, real GDP grew by more than 17%, meaning an additional $2.1 trillion for the American people.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterferrara/2012...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#818918 Dec 9, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
are we going over the cliff?
or are you referring to the 4 year old myth?
Deficit spending needs to be addressed.

Going over the "fiscal cliff" is an imperfect solution, but better than nothing.

Obama's plan to tax the "wealthy" is a trivial response that is essentially nothing and will accomplish nothing.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#818919 Dec 9, 2012
GhostofRaygun wrote:
<quoted text>When it gets as bad as 2008 get back with us. You know. 726,000 jobs lost per month.
Hard to lose many jobs now when the workforce has shrunk to such a low level.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#818920 Dec 9, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>We've discussed it on this thread for going on four years__the National Guard and looting came after the storm hit, Bush failed to respond prior to and during the storm.
Keep in mind that the storm struck three states and dozens of municipalities and BushCo failed them all.
You're wrong__you're always wrong__consistent though.
WASHINGTON — Local officials on Wednesday condemned reports that the White House is considering a storm recovery plan that would lowball New York and other states affected by Hurricane Sandy.

The governors of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut have said they need $82 billion to rebuild after the storm, but the White House hinted Wednesday that it would ask for just $50 billion.

That figure “unfortunately does not meet all of New York and New Jersey’s substantial needs,” New York Sens. Chuck Schumer and Kirsten Gillibrand said in a joint statement with their Garden State colleagues.

Reps. Pete King (R-L.I.) and Nita Lowey (D-Westchester) called the number “insufficient,” while Rep. Michael Grimm (R-S.I.), whose constituents were among those hardest hit by the storm, said the figure “certainly falls short of our needs.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/puny...

Obama Hurricane Sandy Failure: we are all appalled by the lack of food, gas, water, heat, and the basic essentials of life throughout the storm zone, Obama’s government doesn’t look so good anymore.

http://telcomintl.wordpress.com/2012/11/03/ob...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#818921 Dec 9, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>We've discussed it on this thread for going on four years__the National Guard and looting came after the storm hit, Bush failed to respond prior to and during the storm.
Keep in mind that the storm struck three states and dozens of municipalities and BushCo failed them all.
You're wrong__you're always wrong__consistent though.
So, what did Obama do "prior to and during the storm"?

The President cannot call out the National Guard without a request from the Governor.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#818922 Dec 9, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Hard to lose many jobs now when the workforce has shrunk to such a low level.

Bush did it.

I guess you are telling us what a great job destroyer Bush really was. About time you right whiners finally admitted it.

Loysville, PA

#818923 Dec 9, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The President cannot call out the National Guard without a request from the Governor.
FEMA is not the National Guard.

FEMA as ready & in position before the storm struck.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#818924 Dec 9, 2012
Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
Good news for Americans alas sad for tea party
The US added 146,000 jobs in November, official data shows, as the economy seemingly shrugged off storm Sandy.
The unexpectedly strong performance brought the unemployment rate down to
a four-year low of 7.7% of the workforce.
The jobs figure was well above most analysts' expectations and continued a recent surge that begun in July.
Weekly jobs claims registered a sharp but short-lived jump in the number claiming benefits in the states ravaged by the storm last month.
"146,000 new jobs" is far less than necessary to keep up with population growth.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#818925 Dec 9, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
For this year, but less next year.
Plus, some companies may defer 2014 dividends until 2015, hoping Obama sees his folly by then.
Leftists always assume that tax policy will not affect human behavior, a huge mistake.
If the economy continues to improve it won't make much difference__if the economy takes a massive sht it won't make much difference.

So, I guess you're hoping that the economy remains the same as present?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#818926 Dec 9, 2012
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
WASHINGTON — Local officials on Wednesday condemned reports that the White House is considering a storm recovery plan that would lowball New York and other states affected by Hurricane Sandy.
The governors of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut have said they need $82 billion to rebuild after the storm, but the White House hinted Wednesday that it would ask for just $50 billion.
That figure “unfortunately does not meet all of New York and New Jersey’s substantial needs,” New York Sens. Chuck Schumer and Kirsten Gillibrand said in a joint statement with their Garden State colleagues.
Reps. Pete King (R-L.I.) and Nita Lowey (D-Westchester) called the number “insufficient,” while Rep. Michael Grimm (R-S.I.), whose constituents were among those hardest hit by the storm, said the figure “certainly falls short of our needs.”
Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/puny...
Obama Hurricane Sandy Failure: we are all appalled by the lack of food, gas, water, heat, and the basic essentials of life throughout the storm zone, Obama’s government doesn’t look so good anymore.
http://telcomintl.wordpress.com/2012/11/03/ob...
Storm relief requests would consume Obama's entire tax increase on the wealthy for 2013, and then some.

Plus, a significant portion of the money would go to the "wealthy."
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#818927 Dec 9, 2012
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
The proof is in the pudding over the Bush tax cuts. They were followed by a record 52 straight months of job creation, producing 8 million new jobs, with the unemployment rate falling to 4.4%. Business investment spending, which had declined for 9 straight quarters, reversed and increased 6.7% per quarter, producing all those new jobs.
Because of that increased investment, labor productivity soared by 2.5% annually from 2003 to 2007, higher than the averages of the 1970s, 1980s, and 1990s. As a result, real after tax income per capita increased by more than 11%.
Manufacturing output soared to its highest level in 20 years. The stock market revived, creating almost $7 trillion in new shareholder wealth. From 2003 to 2007, the S&P 500 almost doubled. After the Bush tax cuts started in 2001, quickly ending the 2001 recession, the economy continued to grow for another 73 months. From 2000 to 2007, real GDP grew by more than 17%, meaning an additional $2.1 trillion for the American people.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterferrara/2012...
it was 1.1 million jobs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jobs_created_dur...

a record low.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#818928 Dec 9, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
FEMA is not the National Guard.
FEMA as ready & in position before the storm struck.
and did nothing, and still has done nothing
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#818929 Dec 9, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Who was talking about the National Guard?

Carol? LMAO

Want to talk about Mississippi???

Loysville, PA

#818930 Dec 9, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Still lower than 2007.
Bush was President until Jan of 2009. A FACT you right whiners seem to forget every time you reference theeco0my prior to the Bush recession.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#818931 Dec 9, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>If the economy continues to improve it won't make much difference__if the economy takes a massive sht it won't make much difference.
No, I want the economy to grow at least 3-4%. The current situation of puny growth is totally unacceptable.
nwax

Windsor, CT

#818932 Dec 9, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>If the economy continues to improve it won't make much difference__if the economy takes a massive sht it won't make much difference.
Df

Loysville, PA

#818933 Dec 9, 2012
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"nutsucker"
No pot shots, just facts. Facts something you know nothing about, you are BS. To date know one has given an intelligent answer as to why any American should pay a higher Federal Income tax rate than some one else. That's like saying pro0perty taxes should be leveled based on one's income, or sales taxes should be higher on those who earn more.
Do you ever think before you post.
Peace
No one pays more or lesson income that anyone else.

We all pay from the same chart.

My God you are one dumb f*ck.
nwax

Windsor, CT

#818934 Dec 9, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush was President until Jan of 2009. A FACT you right whiners seem to forget every time you reference theeco0my prior to the Bush recession.
The economy was much better overall during the Bush. Years. What is your excuse now after four years of the boob?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How to make a woman squirtting 15 min GuGu 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 40 min Guru 181,710
im single black hndsome 1 hr ligolyser 1
women are so shallow these days (Nov '11) 2 hr Silk 81
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 6 hr JOEL 70,988
CHICAGO BEARS ARE SHYT. Boycott them 8 hr Sublime1 19
Deat Abby 12-16 9 hr Mister Tonka 51
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago