Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
756,101 - 756,120 of 1,100,233 Comments Last updated 13 min ago
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

#818383 Dec 8, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
How about a parent who is also a teacher, or a scientist, or an engineer, or a physician?
Many of those who home-school do so because their children are of above-average intelligence and/or achievement and are held back by schools that teach to the lowest common denominator.
If your child can already read and do basic arithmetic, why send him to first grade, wasting his time?
They teach many other things in first grade beside reading and arithmatic, stupid.
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

#818384 Dec 8, 2012
flack wrote:
I have come to the conclusion that we should just get out of the way and let the democrat/progressives have their way. Let them own it all. The fastest way to fix this problem is, maybe, to just let the democrats totally crash and burn the system. Then we can pick up the pieces and rebuild the country the way it's suppose to be. Rand Paul is right. Give it to them.
Rand Paul is a racist sociopath just like his father.
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

#818386 Dec 8, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a great pub a friend only recently introduced me to. They allow smoking but must have great ventilation 'cause its never smokey and I won't sit anywhere smokey. Great fish & chips too.
Smoking should be outlawed everywhere. Next to guns, smoking accounts for the highest percentage of America's health care costs. If smoking and guns were banned, healthcare costs would drop immensly.
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

#818389 Dec 8, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I once read a typical syllabus for early 1800 to early 1900 American grade schools and was stunned. Those kids could run circles around today's kids in math, history, writing and reading.
Lincoln came out of it.
Today's teachers can instruct their students to use social networks and how we need to give out prizes to everyone but they are lost when it comes to teaching critical and independent thought. They are sheep leading the sheep.
The only thing children from the 1800s needed to know was how to buy and sell black slaves.
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

#818390 Dec 8, 2012
Obamahammed wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a race baiter and you hate the white GWB. You also act like 9/11 never happened and Bush, by himself, decided to ruin the country.
Is that about the size of it?
9/11 happened because of Bush's incomptence. He knew weeks in advance it was going to happen but was clueless (as usual) how to stop it so he let it happened and started a war with the middle east because he was mad a Sadam Hussien who didn't have nothing to do with it because he was stupid like you. Then he destroyed the economy and let thousands die in Katrina.
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

#818391 Dec 8, 2012
islam-cult of inferiors wrote:
yes ! Barrack Obama our next president !
Amend the constitution and he will run for a third ,perhaps 4th 5th term !
It might take him three terms to fix everything Bush screwed up.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#818392 Dec 8, 2012
How the Mainstream Press Bungled the Single Biggest Story of the 2012 Campaign

Post-mortems of contemporary election coverage typically include regrets about horserace journalism, he-said-she-said stenography, and the lack of enlightening stories about the issues.

But according to longtime political observers Thomas Mann and Norman Ornstein, campaign coverage in 2012 was a particularly calamitous failure, almost entirely missing the single biggest story of the race: Namely, the radical right-wing, off-the-rails lurch of the Republican Party, both in terms of its agenda and its relationship to the truth.

Mann and Ornstein are two longtime centrist Washington fixtures who earlier this year dramatically rejected the strictures of false equivalency that bind so much of the capital's media elite and publicly concluded that GOP leaders have become "ideologically extreme; scornful of compromise; unmoved by conventional understanding of facts, evidence and science; and dismissive of the legitimacy of its political opposition."

The 2012 campaign further proved their point, they both said in recent interviews. It also exposed how fabulists and liars can exploit the elite media's fear of being seen as taking sides.

"The mainstream press really has such a difficult time trying to cope with asymmetry between the two parties' agendas and connections to facts and truth," said Mann, who has spent nearly three decades as a congressional scholar at the centrist Brookings Institution.

"I saw some journalists struggling to avoid the trap of balance and I knew they were struggling with it -- and with their editors," said Mann. "But in general, I think overall it was a pretty disappointing performance."

"I can't recall a campaign where I've seen more lying going on -- and it wasn't symmetric," said Ornstein, a scholar at the conservative American Enterprise Institute who's been tracking Congress with Mann since 1978. Democrats were hardly innocent, he said, "but it seemed pretty clear to me that the Republican campaign was just far more over the top."

Lies from Republicans generally and standardbearer Mitt Romney in particular weren't limited to the occasional TV ads, either; the party's most central campaign principles -- that federal spending doesn't create jobs, that reducing taxes on the rich could create jobs and lower the deficit -- willfully disregarded the truth.

"It's the great unreported big story of American politics," Ornstein said.

"If voters are going to be able to hold accountable political figures, they've got to know what's going on," Ornstein said. "And if the story that you're telling repeatedly is that they're all to blame -- they're all equally to blame -- then you're really doing a disservice to voters, and not doing what journalism is supposed to do."

Ornstein said the media's failure led him to conclude: "If you want to use a strategy of 'I'm just going to lie all the time', when you have the false equivalence meme adopted by a mainstream press and the other side lies a quarter of the time, you get away with it."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dan-froomkin/re...
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

#818393 Dec 8, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
State-level data can be misleading. In some states, the suburban and rural schools have virtually zero turnover during the school year, while certain urban schools have enormous turnover. These schools tend to be characterized by a high percentage of renters, a high percentage of non-English speaking (primarily Hispanic) residents, a high percentage of non-citizens, and a high percentage of unemployed residents. By "high percentage", I mean over 50% in all four categories.
Typical statement from a racist Republican immigrantphobe.
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

#818394 Dec 8, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem confused.
Your argument is that public schools say God in the pledge of allegience but public schools are not the place for religion and a first grader shouldn't be allowed to say in a poem her grandfathers asked God for peace and strength when in Vietnam because public schools aren't the place for religion even though they say God in the pledge of allegience?
Now you're confusing me.
My local school system has removed the word "god" from it's Pledge of Allegiance to Obama. Public school is no place to have religeon rammed down our children's throats.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#818395 Dec 8, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
How sweet was that song in Mama Mia? I cried when those women dropped everything to sing the song and pretend they were 17 again.
Didn't you?
(I was actually a very good teacher, by the way. Parents would request me as their child's teacher, and the Superintendent of Schools told me parents of former students had sent letters of commendation to him specifically about me. I wanted to raise my child, however, and to be there for her.)
Dancing Queen is Newt Gingrich's ringtone! He loves Abba
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#818396 Dec 8, 2012
Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>They teach many other things in first grade beside reading and arithmatic, stupid.
I find it amazing how many adults have no knowledge of how our government works, even people on here; so therefore, are these adults capable of teaching a child anything? I may be wrong, but I thought it was mostly religious people who homeschool. Indoctrination, mind control, isolation.
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

#818397 Dec 8, 2012
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"real dumb"
You continue to prove your inability to comprehend. You are one dumbshit. My question was and is, why should anyone be required to pay a higher rate than another. No discussion of current BS laws. Lets make it simple, no deductions, all pay the the same rate. Lets add another caveat, family of 4 income less than $30,000 per year, no Federal Income tax. Above the $30,000 level a flat tax. No punishment for success. As an example at a 15% percent rate, no deductions;
- Earn $30,000 you would pay $1500 per year
- Earn $100,000 you would pay $15,000 per year
- Earn $250,000 you would pay $37,500 per year
- Earn $1,000,000 you would pay $150,000 per year
Whats unfair about that? I know in your mind if some one earns $1,000,000 a year the tax should be $971,500 leaving a net of $28.500, so a one who is successful drops to your level, a loser.
Unlike you I have and do support my country, I served, Army, 2 years active, 7 years reserve. I have paid Federal income tax since 1956. Locally I sort foodstuffs at the local food bank, coached teen basketball for over 30 years and served as athletic director, all gratis, deliver holiday fixings for the less fortunate in my church. My wife delivers Meals on Wheels for shut in seniors, teaches a Sunday School class, and works with homeless teens thru her club.
You on the other hand just poss and moan. You do that well.
Peace
KMA
Nobody needs $1,000,000 a year. That excessive money should be used to help others. Too many of America's children are starving and dying from lack of health care so a priveleged few can live an excessive lifestyle.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#818398 Dec 8, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>
I've loved so many cats.
Buried them too.
When I no longer live within spittin' distance of a feral cat colony, I'll have another cat.
Til then, I'm bereft.
My 12-yr-old baby:
http://www.permescats.com/UserFiles%5CImage%5...
She looks like a baby still!
Team Obama

Cedar Hill, TX

#818399 Dec 8, 2012
Go Obama go
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#818400 Dec 8, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee. I wonder why?
Susan Rice in 1986 book: Make white students learn black history:
http://dailycaller.com/2012/11/29/susan-rice-...
Do black kids learn white history?
Nj raider 1

United States

#818401 Dec 8, 2012
Sugarfoot wrote:
<quoted text>
Did Clinton have to deal with a 9/11? No, actually, Clinton bequeathed 9/11 to the next president with his repeated tepid responses to the numerous attacks on us and our interests by the islamofascists.
Clinton was also made to look good by a republican congress and the dotcom boom, which ended in 2000.
look it up.
How about the Clinton tax rates and the same level of spending?
Do you know how stupid you sound? Thats why your political republican counter parts/conservative pendants all praise Clinton right? He gave america the most favorable years of any recent president. He left bush dumass with close to a 6 trillion dollar surplus. Clinton didn't have a 9/11 on his watch because he wasn't doing backdoor deals with Osama bin Laden unlike bush. Wesley Snipes movie passenger 57, re watch it. Pay attention! It came out in like 93 & bin Laden was on americas top 10 terrorist list then. Dont believe me, watch the movie again. That being said, if the movie had him on the top 10 list & there was no 9/11 under Clinton, why was bush so laxidasical in his national security? There's also proof that Clintons defensive sect gave bush input from his intelligence agency that bin laden was planning on hijacking airplanes & flying them into american buildings. Don't blame Clinton for GWB incompetence. Bush was fully aware everything going on. HE DID NOTHING! Katrina destroyed the gulf coast. HE DID NOTHING! Bin Laden successfully changed america on 9/11. HE DID NOTHING! Oh yeah, he did something! He flew bin laden's family out of the US & invaded a country that had nothing to do with nothing. Clinton was overtly successful, bush failed horribly. END OF STORY!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#818402 Dec 8, 2012
Marc Paskin, San Diego Millionaire, On Billboard Seeking 'Latina Girlfriend For Christmas'(PHOTO)

Apparently all Marc Paskin wants for Christmas is a Latina girlfriend -- and the San Diego, Calif., millionaire doesn't care if the everyone knows it.

Now, due to a billboard advertising this fact, the whole world is well aware of Paskin's supposed holiday wish.

The billboard, which is located on Interstate 5 and 28th Street in Barrio Logan, a mostly Latino neighborhood, according to the San Francisco Chronicle. The large sign includes Paskin's smiling face and his AOL email address.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/07/marc...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#818403 Dec 8, 2012
WASHINGTON -- It's official. For any future White House aspirant to become the greatest fundraiser of all-time, they're going to have to pass the current holder of that title, President Barack Obama, and his record of $1.4 billion raised by his personal campaign committee during his two successful runs for the White House.
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#818404 Dec 8, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Facts are facts. Obama's tax plan will raise about $40 billion per year versus a budget deficit of more than $1.5 trillion.
Nothing but red meat for the mob.
If you approved of any of President Obama's it would be disturbing
Carter

Pompano Beach, FL

#818406 Dec 8, 2012
Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>It might take him three terms to fix everything Bush screwed up.
It would take Obama forever, since he has already proven that he has absolutely no idea whatsoever how to solve the economic disaster he has continued for 4 years and has made sure will continue for generations with his massive non-stimulus failures and increasing debt.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 7 min Destroy Satans Ch... 49,484
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 33 min wojar 177,388
Video Will The U.S Lead The World Into Nuclear ... 40 min Hell Yes 1
Diversity is a codeword for white genocide 1 hr 587uioy 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr J RULES 68,991
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Brian_G 46,316
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 4 hr SLY WEST 299
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr edogxxx 97,934
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE