Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#818549 Dec 8, 2012
carol wrote:
And for you who don't believe me about weasels - who they are and what they said - about Saddam...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =WxLw3YC5MTUXX
Straight from the weasels' mouths.
We don't believe you about anything, Lorac.

You have a track record of lying and repeating nonsense you hear on FAUX. Too bad you don't understand any of it.

The US Government, under George W. Bush, admitted there were no WMD's in Iraq. Case closed.

Colin Powell quit his job working for Bush because he'd been lied to and used.

Get over it. Stop the stupidity. You're too dumb to quit when you're behind.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#818550 Dec 8, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said politics wasn't a dirty business. I said it was never the kind of outright hatred towards fellow Americans that it is now.
Try and keep up...oh wise one.
I belong to three civic orgs__they are all front loaded with conservatives, some hard right and even racist. I don't see any hatred when we gather, a lot of tongue biting and snickering but no hatred.

Obviously you aren't intelligent or mature enough to involve yourself in politics beyond this racist anonymous thread.

Location hidden

#818551 Dec 8, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
That's like saying going after Hitler in WWII would mean "innocent people will die."
The fact that even more innocent people would die in gas chambers, massacres, scientific experiments and would suffer unimaginable deaths simply can't be grasped by Democrats.
Is dying to end evil atrocities worse than dying because of them?
There you go again with your idiotic analogies.

We didn't go to war with Hitler because he was a 'bad man'.

We didn't go to war against Hitler because he was gassing Jews, even though we knew about it.

We went to War with Hitler to defend our allies and ourselves.

Hitler was on the offensive, having taken over most of Europe before we got involved.

If Iraq was justified, why not Myanmar?? North Korea?? Syria, Libya, Egypt, Saudi Arabia??

You hang your whole defense on the fact that Saddam was a bad man. Well, we sold him the chemicals he used to gas the Kurds, we supported him in the War with Iran, he was our ally until 1989.

Yet suddenly he must be removed??

You're as crazy as the neocons. Difference is, they've admitted Iraq was a mistake.

You're dumb enough to continue to defend a complete debacle for the USA.
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#818552 Dec 8, 2012
carol wrote:
And then there was Saddam's nuclear scientist...Saddam Hid Biological and Chemical WMD...on Al-Fayhaa TV in 2004.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =PXX
EDn0bWWeng
Youtube is for people who can't read books
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#818553 Dec 8, 2012
carol wrote:
If anyone has 40 minutes to kill, this documentary about interrogating Saddam is extremely interesting and well made.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =-dTjj4yNVisXX
Extremely compelling...so much so, you'll have to excuse me while I finish watching it. Can't break away.
Libraries are open and have books ....
Nj raider 1

United States

#818554 Dec 8, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
In case the poster, Chicago, hasn't said this yet.
The Senate voted to approve The Joint Resolution to Authorize the Use of United States Armed Forces Against Iraq with the support of large bipartisan majorities on October 11, 2002, providing the Bush administration with a legal basis for the U.S. invasion under U.S. law.
It cited the Iraq Liberation Act of 1998, the resolution signed by former President Clinton, that it should be the policy of the United States to remove the Hussein regime and promote a democratic replacement.
Who do ya'll think the United States is? I dont care if the senate vote & approved the bill. That is a sovereign nation & it takes an act of war for 1 country too invade another under UN policy & agreement of all cooperating countries. Otherwise whats stopping any other country from invading the US? Did I mention the fact that bush flat out lied to congress about his reasons for invading iraq? The while thing sinks to high heaven & your 1 of the 3 blind mice for believing & supporting his thoughtless decision. & ya'll want to ride Obama for benghazi. You got to be kidding!

Location hidden

#818555 Dec 8, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks a lot obamacare
"In 2011, Part D cost $65.8 billion, or about 11.6 percent of total Medicare mandatory outlays. But over the next 10 years, the cost of Medicare Part D is poised to explode, thanks to the pre-existing trends, and because Obamacare expands the coverage."
Time to correct the huge mistake Bush made.

Medicare MUST be allowed to get competetive pricing from drug companies, something th eBush Medicare rule did not allow.

But the VA can negotiate prices. Which is why they spend far less on medicines per patient than does Medicare.

If you weern't so busy with your 9-9-9 stupidity,you might have figured it out for yourself!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA
Fenris the Archangel

United States

#818556 Dec 8, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Time to correct the huge mistake Bush made.
Medicare MUST be allowed to get competetive pricing from drug companies, something th eBush Medicare rule did not allow.
But the VA can negotiate prices. Which is why they spend far less on medicines per patient than does Medicare.
If you weern't so busy with your 9-9-9 stupidity,you might have figured it out for yourself!!
HAHAHAHAHAHA
Are you still here, you doddering old phag? Did they finally evict you from the stalls at the bus depot? Maybe your fellow tub of goo "dem" will take you as his wife (or hubby, whichever the case may be).

Get used to it; Obama will accomplish very few of his 2nd term goals (because the House wont allow it).

Enjoy, polesmoker....

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#818557 Dec 8, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
seeing as how Reagan raised taxes 11 times, your point just went to shyte.
and i think that's how Bush got a surplus to spend down. you know, when Bill raised taxes on the rich.
talk about not getting it.
"The effects of increasing taxes on Treasury receipts can be seen in the Clinton and Democrat-controlled congressional tax increase of 1993, one of the largest in history. Despite a more robust job market following a recession, the 1993 tax increase didn't accomplish what Democrats expected. The tax increases added very little to treasury receipts despite their magnitude. Reports from the Congressional Budget Office, the Office of Management and Budget, and the Internal Revenue Service all agree.

In fact, the balanced budgets of the Clinton years didn't occur until after a Republican Congress passed and the president reluctantly signed a 1997 tax bill that lowered the capital gains rate from 28% to 20%, added a child tax credit, and established higher limits on tax exclusion for IRAs and estates."

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#818558 Dec 8, 2012
Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
Being bipartisan will help in the reducing taxes on 98% of Americans.
Republicans seems to be coming around.
98%? How is that possible when 47% already don't pay federal income taxes?

Location hidden

#818559 Dec 8, 2012
carol wrote:
If anyone has 40 minutes to kill, this documentary about interrogating Saddam is extremely interesting and well made.
Extremely compelling...so much so, you'll have to excuse me while I finish watching it. Can't break away.
Translation from Loracspeak;

""I'm getting beaten up on my Iraq defense ignorance. Time for me to leave for awhile. Sure wish Bush hadn't admitted there were no WMD's""

Run off, Lorac. It's what you do when you've been caught in a series of lies and back yourself into a corner with them.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#818560 Dec 8, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush asked the UN. DUH
You really don't know anything, do you??
"Bush asks UN for help in Iraq
Resolution is defeat for hawks in White House
The Bush administration suffered a humiliating diplomatic climbdown over Iraq yesterday as it presented a draft resolution to the UN, asking for military and financial help to rescue it from the ballooning human, financial and political costs of the occupation.
The draft resolution calls for a security council mandate for a multinational military force, under a unified command and with American commanders ultimately in charge.
The draft will also invite the Iraqi governing council to set out its own timetable for elections which will be administered by the US, and a return to sovereignty.
The Americans hope a UN mandate will pave the way for other states, such as Pakistan, India and Turkey, to contribute troops on the ground to assist with the deteriorating security situation.
"Certainly, the United States will continue to play a dominant role," the secretary of state, Colin Powell, said. "But a dominant role does not mean the only role."
With the Bush administration having sidestepped the UN in order to go to war, the move marks a defeat for the White House, where defence department hawks had dismissed the UN as irrelevant. But the move will nonetheless come under stern criticism from the French, Germans and security council members who have argued that if the international community is going to share the burdens of occupation, it must share the decision-making.
Diplomats expect France to exact a heavy price for agreeing to the resolution. A vote is not expected for several weeks.
"The authority in Iraq should be the UN, as opposed to the occupying powers," said Mexico's UN ambassador, Adolfo Aguilar Zinser, a security council member.
The UN secretary general, Kofi Annan, has made it clear that he does not want UN blue helmets to be deployed in Iraq."
----------
Apparently FAUX has not been telling you the truth, Lorac!!
Dude, this obsession you have with carol is getting out of hand. Walk away from topix for a while.

Location hidden

#818561 Dec 8, 2012
carol wrote:
And then there was Saddam's nuclear scientist...Saddam Hid Biological and Chemical WMD...on Al-Fayhaa TV in 2004.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =PEDn0bWWengXX
And yet, no American leader ever agreed with this nonsense.

Ya really think Bush wanted to admit there were no WMD's in Iraq??

Ya really think they didn't try every idea to make it appear there were WMD's??

As for the idiots who claim they were taken to Syria -- why didn't Bush try that one?? Surely there would be satellite images??

The US Government officially declared there were no WMD's found in Iraq after invasion. Case closed.

For you to continue to suggest otherwise only proves how far out of touch with reality you are, Lorac. And how hateful and in denial you remain.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#818562 Dec 8, 2012
Nj raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Who do ya'll think the United States is? I dont care if the senate vote & approved the bill. That is a sovereign nation & it takes an act of war for 1 country too invade another under UN policy & agreement of all cooperating countries. Otherwise whats stopping any other country from invading the US? Did I mention the fact that bush flat out lied to congress about his reasons for invading iraq? The while thing sinks to high heaven & your 1 of the 3 blind mice for believing & supporting his thoughtless decision. & ya'll want to ride Obama for benghazi. You got to be kidding!
France and Germany laughed "officially" at BushCo's stupidity in invading Iraq, Turkey wouldn't grant US permission to launch a ground invasion from the North, through Kurd country and then reneged on allowing US flyovers.

It may have been the worst US military planning since the battle of little big horn.

Rummy say, "Twenty five billion tops, slam dunk and the oil will pay for the reconstruction." Rummy was off target by about three trillion smackeroo's.

Worst Presidential administration in my lifetime and perhaps in American history.

Location hidden

#818563 Dec 8, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, this obsession you have with carol is getting out of hand. Walk away from topix for a while.
Carol is a liar. I don't like liars. I haven't been around in several days, and had a lot of Carol's lies to deal with.

I shoot down Carol's lies every time I come here. Carol runs off, as she did today.

You can complain to herman Cain, loser.

Or explain how you figure meat products come from Livestock Conventions!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Location hidden

#818564 Dec 8, 2012
carol wrote:
Yet you had the time to tell us you were watching it.

So much for 'can't break away', eh??

Why don't you admit you're tired of defending lies that are indefensible??

And you need a break from getting your lies called out and disproven.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#818565 Dec 8, 2012
Nj raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Nothing you said had nothing to do with my response. Reading your response I can tell your an old piece of shit wrinkled ass white man too stupid to understand that you are 1 person telling 1 persons life story. I come from the projects & though my life wasn't half as bad I've seen some real people living some real hard times. You too stupid to realize you've been blessed. You busted your ass! You think your the only 1? You ain't got much longer on this earth anyway old man so you'll be 1 less asshole america has to deal. It's fitting you & those like you come on te internet to talk shit that nobody even takes seriously. For every 1 success story you present, I can present you with 10 true american horror stories. It's okay to bail out wall st, but fuck main st. Your all for unfunded wars & rebuilding other countries, but you have a problem feeding the poor. GO OVERDOSE old man, you aint even worth my time or tax payers dollars.
"Nj"
One more time you ASSume that is why you are such an ass. I have posted on more than one occasion that the wall street bail outs were a mistake. I have also posted the bail outs of government motors, General Motors and Chrysler were a mistake. If a business can not survive without government largesse they should fail. The pieces will be picked up and a true free enterprise operation will ensue. One more time you prove yourself to be am uncomprehending ass, I have posted often that America should reduce the number of troops and other military assets located all over the world. I have posted I was glad Bush invaded Iraq and got rid of Saddamn, but added once his ass was out of the way we should have withdrawn. Our continued presence is not going to change centuries of religious war.
You are a typical leftwingliberalloonnut, you have nothing to say, so you ASSume. You do not like the message you want the messenger to die, so you will not be exposed to truth and facts.
Thanks for the cue, It is time for a nice ice cold Kokanee Gold, no overdose. Just good taste.
Peace
KMA
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#818566 Dec 8, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
98%? How is that possible when 47% already don't pay federal income taxes?
Prove that 47% of Americans don't pay into federal income tax through employer withholding or quarterly for those who are self employed or whose wages a subject to 1099.

Location hidden

#818567 Dec 8, 2012
MERCER, Pa. Authorities say a 7-year-old boy was shot to death outside a western Pennsylvania gun store.

The boy was shot Saturday morning at Twigs Reloading Den in East Lackawannock Township, 60 miles north of Pittsburgh. Store owner Leonard Mohney says he was shot in the parking lot. KDKA-TV reports that when the gun went off, the boy was in a booster seat in a car while his father was backing out of a parking space.

It's not clear how the gun went off.

Nicole Howard, who works at a meatpacking company next door, tells the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review there was a single gunshot.

Mercer County 911 supervisor Valerie Hartman says police found the boy wounded in the chest. State Police and the Mercer County coroner are investigating. Neither has released information.

----------

These are the nitwits who cling to their guns and religion.

Now the parents will greive forever.

I'm sure their right to bear arms far outweigh the death of a 7 year old.
carol

Orlando, FL

#818568 Dec 8, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
This is just too precious~!!
Now Carol will take the word of one of Saddam's Officers over the words of both George W. Bush and Dickless Cheney.
You go to amazing lengths to lend credence to your lies.
But an Iraqi Air Force Officer who worked for Saddam?? And who you claim 'supported his removal from power'. At what point did he support it?? He'd have been dead if he supported it before the invasion. After the invasion, what else could he say?? Are you so stupid you believe a story like that??
Gotta give it to ya, Lorac. Accepting the word of one of Saddam's murdering Officers over George Bush is one thing I never expected of you.
But it is funny!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA
The mere fact you WOULDN'T take the word of Saddam's #2 advisor and second command of the Iraqi Air Force under Saddam's reign of terror OR one of Saddam's nuclear scientists over The Team Obama Cheerleaders and the Propaganda Democrat Weasel Machine is all you need to say.

You just admitted you're a fool.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 33 min Rogue Scholar 05 181,831
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 39 min Patriot AKA Bozo 49,203
New Beach Boys song. 3 hr The Beach Boys 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr Frijoles 71,015
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 3 hr _Zoey_ 363
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr _Zoey_ 4,918
sex 5 hr rahul 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 7 hr Ralph 98,853
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:39 am PST

Bleacher Report11:39AM
Complete Week 16 Preview for Indianapolis
NBC Sports12:33 PM
1 thing even Rahm can't fix: Da Bears - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 1:01 PM
Cowboys' Murray listed as questionable for Colts - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 8:26 AM
Report: Executives suggest Bears could have to attach a draft pick to move Cutler
Bleacher Report11:56 AM
Eagles vs. Redskins: Live Score and Analysis for Philadelphia