Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
755,981 - 756,000 of 1,099,784 Comments Last updated 5 min ago

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#818254 Dec 7, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem confused.
Your argument is that public schools say God in the pledge of allegience but public schools are not the place for religion and a first grader shouldn't be allowed to say in a poem her grandfathers asked God for peace and strength when in Vietnam because public schools aren't the place for religion even though they say God in the pledge of allegience?
Now you're confusing me.
VERY confused.

That happens often with liars.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#818255 Dec 7, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>They don't appear elsewhere in the US (per capita) on par with Florida and particularly Central Florida.
State-level data can be misleading. In some states, the suburban and rural schools have virtually zero turnover during the school year, while certain urban schools have enormous turnover. These schools tend to be characterized by a high percentage of renters, a high percentage of non-English speaking (primarily Hispanic) residents, a high percentage of non-citizens, and a high percentage of unemployed residents. By "high percentage", I mean over 50% in all four categories.

Lapeer, MI

#818256 Dec 7, 2012
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Your story is bunk.
If you want God in schools, send your kids to a parochial one.
And YOU claim to be a teacher?

Someone call the authorities. This jerk is a danger to little minds!

How'd you get the job? Have relatives in the union? Police dept?

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#818257 Dec 7, 2012
GhostofRaygun wrote:
<quoted text>The reason for a progressive tax rate is simple. Currently to raise the same amount as the IRS has coming in it would take everyone paying a tax rate of 23%. So you think someone working for minimum wage wouldn't be hard pressed to pay there bills and buy food and gas and health care plus pay 23% tax? Compare that to people like Mitt that make more than the average income of a working person in one day. You think that someone making billions per year like the Walton Family should pay no more in tax % than the minimum wage workers they have?
"Ghost"
You and "real dumb" are like to peas in a pod, you answer not questions. You simply change the subject. In addition you are envious. You hate success, you love medicority. It's your hall mark.
Peace
KMA

Lapeer, MI

#818258 Dec 7, 2012
SHINING A Hole wrote:
<quoted text>
Although it's hard to believe anyone would have sex with you, if you have any offspring, I can only hope one will get their brains blown out by an AK47. Preferably after being raped.
Been there, eh? Were you raped by the gun?

Get the lead outta yer butt, pal. It's affecting your thinking down there....

Lapeer, MI

#818259 Dec 7, 2012
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you a teacher idiot box?
I am, and the pledge is recited every morning at rvery school I've ever been in.
You are full of shit,Mr. Tiny Url
If you are at a party, don't brag about being a teacher. You might get the Punch Bowl turned over your head.

Get a life outside of insular academia. Unless you're a big chicken and hide behind tenure like those other unionized pedophiles....

It's a big world, boy. Apparently, you haven't seen anything yet but the molding fuzz in your navel.
THE DEBIL

Hong Kong

#818260 Dec 7, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
You also love to watch fetuses squirm until they die, Sicko.
UM, WERE YOU TALKIN' TO ME?

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#818261 Dec 7, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you just talk or walk?
There have been national scandals this past year regarding school administrators who directed their underlings to change student test scores. They had weekend "Test Changing Parties". Teachers and administrators. The largest of these scandals occurred in Georgia but they were national in scope, too.
Last week, there were local news reports in Deetroit about similar cheating occurring. Urban "educators" need better numbers.
Go fish, looser.
School employees only get away with this sort of thing, because parents don't give a fork until sumpin' bad happens.

If parents are truly involved in their student's education, this sort of bs can't occur.

True story.
carol

Orlando, FL

#818263 Dec 7, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Must have missed that one.

Not the best clarity like in the movie.

But get a hanky.
THE DEBIL

Hong Kong

#818264 Dec 7, 2012
DEBIL PICK UP THE TWIN FETUSES. HE TURN THEM AROUN' IN HIS HANDS ADMIRINGLY AN' THEN HE SMACK THEM TOGETHER AS HARD AS HE CAN AN' NOW THERE JUS' ONE FOUR-LEGGED FETUS WITH TWO HEADS, AN' IT DRIPPIN' GREEN GOO ALL OVER SO DEBIL HOLD IT UP AN' SQUEEZE IT INTO HIS MOUTH AN' HE GARGLIN' FETUS JUICE NOW AN' HE SQUEEZE IT ALL OUT AN' THEN HE THROW THAT L'IL FREAK DOWN ON THE FLOOR WHERE THE DOG POUNCES ON IT AND PUTS HIS PAW ON IT AN' TEARS IT INTO L'IL CRUNCHY PIECES. AN THEN DEBIL TAKE IT AWAY FROM THE DOG AN HE TAKE IT OUTSIDE AN START HITTIN' IT AROUND THE YARD WITH A BASEBALL BAT.

Lapeer, MI

#818265 Dec 7, 2012
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
"Urban" is GOP for Black.
Why would it *NOT* be, Idiot?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._cit...

Fool.

Lapeer, MI

#818266 Dec 7, 2012
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
"Urban" is GOP for Black.
"He who can't, teaches"

--- Plato

Your kind were well understood even way back then.
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#818267 Dec 7, 2012
carol wrote:
The fiscal cliff started to affect business decisions this fall. That's why you saw small declines in manufacturing in Friday's jobs report, for example.
It appears to be a worry for consumers now. The University of Michigan's latest consumer sentiment survey shows confidence dropping to a four-month low. That suggests households are concerned about a potentially sharp fall in their after-tax incomes.
The CBO data suggests they might want to be concerned.
The CBO estimates suggest the 20% of households with the lowest incomes might see their taxes rise by $412.
If you're in the middle 20% of income levels -- between $39,791 and $64,484 -- the average increase would be $1,984. If you're in the top 20%--$108,267 or above -- the CBO is estimating an average increase of $14,173.
If you're in the top 1%-- with income above $506,210 -- the average increase might be about $120,500.
http://money.msn.com/now/post.aspx...
Wouldn't cutting government spending and major reforms have been a lot better?
Gov.Romney tried to sell that idea in the election.:-)

Location hidden

#818268 Dec 7, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I just handed you a link showing where the Pledge of Allegiance is NOT recited. I also sent a link showing that reciting it is OPTIONAL.
And you come back claiming that EVERY child recites it because you are a teacher.
Teacher have a reputation, ya know...
Hee, Hee.
Those kids could teach you, idiot.
The Pledge of Allegiance is recited every morning, during morning assembly, at every public elementary school at which I've ever been a parent, a paraprofessional, or a substitute teacher. Yes, assembly attendance is mandatory. Yes, any child who cares to, is free to remain silent during the recitation, according to school rules. Playground rules may differ, depending on the number of children in attendance, whose parents are fundamentalist Christians.
(Roughly half of any given Public School in my 'RED' state.)

Those 'Christian Schools' are NOT free tuition, unless one can prove need. Most have 3 open scholarship spots, for church members, per year.

You do the math.

Location hidden

#818269 Dec 7, 2012
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
If taxes go up on 98% of Americans, that's on the GOP.
As for consumer confidence, this is retail's best Christmas in 4 years.
You're an idiot.
In theory, taxes need to go up on 100% of Americans who live, work, borrow, and spend in America.

All Americans have responsibility for the National Debt. Whether any particular 'class' accepts that responsibility or not, is apparently in question in Congress.

Are you willing to reduce the debt, or not?

Lapeer, MI

#818270 Dec 7, 2012
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
If taxes go up on 98% of Americans, that's on the GOP.
As for consumer confidence, this is retail's best Christmas in 4 years.
You're an idiot.
Recall that old rhetorical addage "But who polices the police?"

Who teaches the teacher? Alfred E. Neuman.

You are godawul uneducated.

Instant View: Consumer confidence plunges in December: http://tinyurl.com/bgwrewp

Preliminary December 2012 Michigan Consumer Sentiment Has Big Drop: http://tinyurl.com/akp627n

Hurry! Kmart's got a Blue-Light Special on Teaching Degrees!

Just in time for Christmas!

Lapeer, MI

#818271 Dec 7, 2012
K in CA wrote:
<quoted text>
Beat it hag....nobody wants to screw you anway!
Unless they're drunk, desperate or Liberal.

Or all three.
GOPidiots

United States

#818272 Dec 7, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Recall that old rhetorical addage "But who polices the police?"
Who teaches the teacher? Alfred E. Neuman.
You are godawul uneducated.
Instant View: Consumer confidence plunges in December: http://tinyurl.com/bgwrewp
Preliminary December 2012 Michigan Consumer Sentiment Has Big Drop: http://tinyurl.com/akp627n
Hurry! Kmart's got a Blue-Light Special on Teaching Degrees!
Just in time for Christmas!
Apparently Christmas shoppers didn't get the memo, or weren't polled. Best retail holiday season in years.

Lapeer, MI

#818273 Dec 7, 2012
THE DEBIL wrote:
<quoted text>
UM, WERE YOU TALKIN' TO ME?
No one talks to you. They talk AT you like one might talk AT a barking dog, a Rat or a Liberal.

Location hidden

#818274 Dec 7, 2012
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Your story is bunk.
If you want God in schools, send your kids to a parochial one.
'Amen' to that.
:)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 23 min LRS 177,337
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 52 min Cali Girl 2014dal 49,448
The Israel Lobby Eliminates Another Critic 1 hr Jew Snakes 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL 68,935
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Silly times 4,662
Engagement Ring 3 hr rodeo3queen 4
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr truth-facts 46,292
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr Phil Indeblanc 97,916
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info