Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 37,794)

Showing posts 755,861 - 755,880 of1,078,357
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Go back a read a couple pages you stupid dumbpuck rightwing loon, we have been discussing home schooling of which Homer is not a big proponent of based soley on what I have witnessed, you stupid ass. He made the point that Carol/Galt/Tenzing are an examples of public education and as they are some of the most fearful, ignorant examples Homer has ever seen he makes a good point you complete and total jackass.
Can you spot the error?

Meanwhile, don't sugar coat it Homer, tell him how you really feel.

BTW, I was going to comment that Homer knows nobody gives a sh it what Jane Says but I thought I'd be overstepping my bounds so I refrained.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
You say Cat Scratch Fever an' all I hear is Dancing Queen ... something is amiss.
(Now tell me you don't have THAT stuck in your head!)
Abba? Really?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Homer wrote:
Am I being clear?
You're a little fuzzy around the edges and that pink top has got to go.
Lincoln Duncan

Rutherfordton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>1/3 were from low paying retail jobs
'Why the unemployment rate fell
The payrolls number and the unemployment rate come from two separate surveys conducted by the Labor Department, and the data don't always match up. While businesses largely reported they hired workers, a survey of households said just the opposite.
Households claimed they had 122,000 fewer jobs in November, and also showed 350,000 people dropped out of the labor force.
The unemployment rate fell because there were fewer people looking for work. The Labor Department only counts people who have searched for a job in the last four weeks as officially unemployed.
About 12 million people were counted as unemployed in November, down from 12.3 million a month earlier.
Overall, the U.S. labor market has still not completely recovered from the financial crisis. Of the 8.8 million jobs lost, about 4.2 million have still not been added back.
Economists often say that job growth around 150,000 a month is enough to keep up with population growth, but not much more.
"At this rate of job growth, it will take us more than 10 years to get back to the pre-recession unemployment rate," said Heidi Shierholz, an economist for the liberal Economic Policy Institute.
"The November data provide a clear reminder that mass joblessness remains the real and present economic danger this country faces."
http://money.cnn.com/2012/12/07/news/economy/...
and I thought the biggest economic danger would be

the Sandra Flukes of the world having to shell out their own money

for birth control pills. who knew?
Republican opposition to birth control and the two Rape Senate candidates were of great help for President Obama.
Was Gov. Romney too silent or just flip flopping ?
ole_47

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>I never mentioned math which is pretty much universal__language skills are a huge challenge for Florida's teachers because of an influx of non English speaking residents and the transient nature of how people, both citizens and immigrants, go about migrating.
A few years back the Orlando Sentinel featured a single classroom in in Kissimmee Florida taking a class photo at the beginning of the year, another prior to the Christmas break and one more at the years end. Only a few of the beginning students remained at years end and many came and then left as the year went along. That sort of student movement doesn't occur in other regions of the US, not even in CA or AZ.
As a further complication, Florida's immigrants are from numerous nations on different continents speaking various languages.
How in the fk is a fourth grade teacher supposed to prepare a ten year old Haitian kid, who never saw the inside of a school before this year, for a written essay?
Easy....

Www.tendollaressaysforFouthgraders.com

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
How about a parent who is also a teacher, or a scientist, or an engineer, or a physician?
Many of those who home-school do so because their children are of above-average intelligence and/or achievement and are held back by schools that teach to the lowest common denominator.
If your child can already read and do basic arithmetic, why send him to first grade, wasting his time?
I agree proving without a doubt that you're not a complete moron.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Don’t Get Rolled

What if we were to tell you there is a tax on wages that hits working families hardest, that the purported purpose of this tax — to pay for old-age entitlements — is a fraud, and that John Boehner wants to raise it as part of a fiscal-cliff deal?

Unfortunately, that is exactly where we are. President Obama and many congressional Democrats are on record supporting a one-year extension of the two-year-old payroll-tax cut, which reduced the employee piece of Social Security withholdings from 6.2 to 4.2 percent of taxable income. But buried in House Republicans’ counteroffer is the fact that it would let that cut expire at year’s end. If that were to happen, nearly every paycheck in America (certain government employees are excepted) would get smaller on January 1, and over the course of the year, the average family earning $50,000 would get to keep about $1,000 less.

Many middle-class households pay more in payroll tax than in income tax (for some families in the middle quintile, as much as three times more), making action on the former as consequential as action on the latter when it comes to kitchen-table economics. Nor does the money generated from the expiration have even the cosmetic virtue of being counted in the $800 billion in new revenue to which Boehner has already committed. Instead it is being treated as an extension of “current law,” no doubt in part to sidestep the of-late sensitive issue of whether failing to vote to renew the cut constitutes voting to raise taxes.

And yet despite all this — indeed, despite the fact that it was right-of-center economists who floated a payroll-tax cut as a part of the stimulus deal, a year before the White House took up the cause in 2010 — Republicans now find themselves in danger of being seen to obsess over marginal rates for “the rich” while endorsing a massive tax hike for every wage-earner in the country as a kind of afterthought.

This is folly. Congressional Republicans must change course and back an extension of the payroll-tax cut.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/335038...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>I never mentioned math which is pretty much universal__language skills are a huge challenge for Florida's teachers because of an influx of non English speaking residents and the transient nature of how people, both citizens and immigrants, go about migrating.
A few years back the Orlando Sentinel featured a single classroom in in Kissimmee Florida taking a class photo at the beginning of the year, another prior to the Christmas break and one more at the years end. Only a few of the beginning students remained at years end and many came and then left as the year went along. That sort of student movement doesn't occur in other regions of the US, not even in CA or AZ.
As a further complication, Florida's immigrants are from numerous nations on different continents speaking various languages.
How in the fk is a fourth grade teacher supposed to prepare a ten year old Haitian kid, who never saw the inside of a school before this year, for a written essay?
Non-English speaking students should be placed in separate classrooms in programs of total immersion in English, with qualified personnel.

And you're wrong if you think that transient populations do not occur elsewhere.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

flack wrote:
I have come to the conclusion that we should just get out of the way and let the democrat/progressives have their way. Let them own it all. The fastest way to fix this problem is, maybe, to just let the democrats totally crash and burn the system. Then we can pick up the pieces and rebuild the country the way it's suppose to be. Rand Paul is right. Give it to them.
That was already tried with "conservatives" and look what happened.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Jane Says wrote:
Taxes are for the little people
Posted: 11:56 PM, December 5, 2012
Do you think Al Sharpton appreciates the irony of his being invited to the White House Tuesday to talk taxes with President Obama?
That is, to talk about Obama’s plan to ram through steep tax hikes on the “rich” to resolve the fiscal-cliff crisis?
Sharpton’s all about taxes — for others.
For himself, well, maybe not so much.
As The Post’s Isabel Vincent and Melissa Klein reported last year, Sharpton “owe[d] the IRS $2.6 million in income tax, and nearly $900,000 in state tax.”
And his personal pride and joy National Action Network owed more than $880,000 in unpaid federal payroll taxes, interest and penalties, Vincent and Klein found.
Which makes Obama’s decision to invite Sharpton (and several other MSNBC hosts) baffling. Why ask a man with a terminal case of tax allergies to make the case for higher rates for everybody else?
The Rev’s issues go back decades: In 1993, for example, he pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor tax crime to avoid two felony charges.
In the years since, the IRS has issued a dozen liens against Sharpton’s groups, including one against him for $538,652 in 2010.
Asked about all this yesterday — specifically, whether he’s gotten square with the tax man — Sharpton said simply that he has “resolved all matters.”
But his spokeswoman later refused to respond to a simple question: Has Sharpton actually paid his taxes?
Nevertheless, it’s clear that the reverend intends to preach Obama’s tax-hike gospel. After leaving the White House Tuesday, he dedicated a 12-minute segment on his MSNBC show to the need for “a tax increase on the richest in this country.”
Since Obama is targeting those who make more than $200,000 a year, the “richest” set actually includes Sharpton himself — who pulls in $240,000 annually from the National Action Network alone, and never mind his MSNBC gig.
But here’s the bottom line: Sharpton is happy to spread the gospel about “tax fairness,” but if tax law were “fair”— that is, if it were applied to him like everybody else — he’d have been out of the picture a very long time ago. It’s as simple as that.
Read more: Tax dodger Al Sharpton backs tax hikes—Editorial - NYPOST.com http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/editoria...
It's okay. He's a libtard so it doesn't count.
ole_47

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Sometimes. Did I leave my webcam on again?
Wow! You have a mirror?
Poor 47 percenters here have to wait until winter freezes the 'crique' before we can see our image in a reflection....

Were mirrors promised to you in the stimullus bill?

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't feel bad, ya gave it a good shot.
Meanwhile its like somebody set off a neutron bomb here in my little cubicle land. Kinda early desertion even for a Friday in the holiday season.
Been eating ramps again?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
There are some self-contradictions there I'm just gonna let you work out for yourself.
I'm thinking of calling a meeting at the Honest Pint ... Wait, judging from the quiet around here I might be late for one already in progress!
Happy Hannukah!!

“Seriously Misguided Democrat”

Since: Oct 12

Chicago Thugtown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I know the extent and I know the response, I know people living in all the effected areas, so piss off.
Then that would make you more of an idiot than I thought. Piss off? You really are clueless. Typical ignorant leftard.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Might add that children who are way ahead of their classmates in achievement often suffer from behavior problems in school, or at least are labeled as such because they become impatient with the slow pace. In this case, the "socialization" aspect is a negative factor.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Sign of the apocalyspe, Homer going home to pack a bag, moving to higher ground.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
There are some self-contradictions there I'm just gonna let you work out for yourself.
I'm thinking of calling a meeting at the Honest Pint ... Wait, judging from the quiet around here I might be late for one already in progress!
I'll have to agree with you there. Honest Pint?
Sound like a good pub name.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Sometimes. Did I leave my webcam on again?
yes.

dam it Homer!
Lincoln Duncan

Rutherfordton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Non-English speaking students should be placed in separate classrooms in programs of total immersion in English, with qualified personnel.
And you're wrong if you think that transient populations do not occur elsewhere.
Children learn languages quickly.
Note that private schools, public, charter and home school all have advantages and problems.
A good home school program involving professional teachers in a K - 12 can work well. Have seen this.
Publics school in the US/Canada often depend on neighborhood and income.
dem

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Old Crazy Goober wrote:
<quoted text>Then that would make you more of an idiot than I thought. Piss off? You really are clueless. Typical ignorant leftard.
Hi, gunner.
You fkn kkkoward.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 755,861 - 755,880 of1,078,357
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

43 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 19 min JOEL COOL DUDE 68,357
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 46 min Hate troublemaking arabs 67,850
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr LRS 174,457
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Mister Tonka 97,511
Anti-Jewish leaflets: Anti-Semitic hate message... 2 hr Guess what 6
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 3 hr KrisChristie 1,855
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr Terry rigsby 48,839
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 22 at 8:55PM CDT

•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••