Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 37,785)

Showing posts 755,681 - 755,700 of1,033,719
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree, but the Republican Party platform and idiots like Akin do not limit the issue to funding, nor do they allow for any exceptions.
The "pro-life" dogma forced on Republicans by evangelicals is a losing issue, the primary reason for the "gender gap."
(As an aside, Romney should have very publicly and very forcefully demanded that Akin withdraw from the race in Missouri. And the Tea party needs to nominate competent people, not wacko extremists.)
I agree with you. The Republican party problem is that, just as the Democrat party, there are too many extremists with too much power in their respective parties.

I have no problem with individuals pursuing whatever endeavors that they like as long as it does not interfere with the freedoms of others or look to others to fund these endeavors. However it seems more and more frequent that we as taxpayers are being requested to fund such things.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Just incase those righties were wondering how their right wing bro's are doing the other side of the world. Here is the latest rankings in prosperity of countries around the world. Notice how those commie Canadian's are doing in the list in fact over double the US economic performance. In the top twenty ranked only a about 2% are conservative Governments.
Makes you wonder how the rest have got it so wrong.

http://www.prosperity.com/Ranking.aspx
Independent

Alice, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Impeach Obama wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong! She LIED under orders from the administration to help Obama conceal his incompetence. They thought the public would fall for it and forget about the incident, but even after Fox News reported the truth three days later, the administration continued the coverup and the lies. This is why Susan Rice should never be nominated for anything and Obama should be removed from office as soon as possible.
And the "investigation" continues! Why was it that they could certainly get all the info on the usama bin laden endeavor and all that it encompassed, but three freaking months later, they still can't figure out, who said it was because of a freaking video that the whole Benghazi incident occurred. Same goes for "fast and furious" fiasco. We are to believe that such an incompetent display of responsibility is supposed to "lead" us out of an supposed fiscal cliff, or get the country back on the right course? Common liberals, say something, for once admit that the current administration is committing a disappointing effort or lack of. For once I would like someone on the left to stand up! Tell it like it is, hold your govt accountable, it's ok, we all see it. Plenty of liberals out there to vote in the next communist. So, 2016 should be assured.
PDUPONT

South Hadley, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Like there's been any extra dollars in the pockets of the middle class WORKING people since opotus has been prezidink too...the ones that still have jobs anyway.
Yeah, right.
Idiots.
Actually stupid, the Making Work Pay Tax Credit was a major part of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 and did put extra money into workers pockets.
Do you honestly think that your "creative" spelling makes you look clever? It doesn't it makes you look like your intellectual development stalled at fourteen years old.
PDUPONT

South Hadley, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Would this be like the way that Obama bought the votes of the losers in this country by offering more government handouts?
What handouts you goddamned liar? Aid to education? Access to healthcare? Safe and efficient infrastructure? You know, all the things that make a country strong.
Romney however wanted to give handouts to the rich by cutting taxes on investment income and eliminating the estate tax that only affects only estates in excess of $5.1 million.
You're an idiot.
PDUPONT

South Hadley, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
More sad rhetoric from the left. Tax the evil rich and give the money to the righteous poor. You guys seem to be far more familiar with FOX news that those who you accuse of watching it. Once again HYPOCRITE thy name is liberal.
Another false assumption from the ignorant right that those of us on the left think that all rich people are evil. It all depends on how you get rich. If you come up with a product or service that people buy and adds to the economy by hiring workers and paying them fairly then we have no problem with that.
If on the other hand you get rich like Mitt Romney by destroying other companies and shipping jobs overseas or like the Walton family paying your workers crap wages and flooding the market with cheap Chinese goods and in the process drive local businesses out then yes we consider that evil.
PDUPONT

South Hadley, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Each dollar spent on "infrastructure" adds one dollar to the debt, while less than 50 cents is spent on actual infrastructure, with the majority going to government overhead.
And you have some actual data to back this up? Of course you don't you're just pulling it out of your azz as usual.
Ron Paul 2016

Reno, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't even know the facts concerning the folks who were killed.
Navy Seals?? Working as contractors for the CIA?? How's that work??
Where do you get your material?? FAUX Comedy Station??
I just now got it.

I'd assumed FNC stood for Fox "News"s Channel but it must be Fox "News" Comedy ...

It all makes so much sense now, I feel pretty dumb.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

IToldYouSo wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a little over 4 years since this first post was made creating this thread. I guess it just goes to show what Idiots think. Our country STILL has the lowest tax rates in generations, the defense budget is still higher than it's been since WWII and not 1 person has been killed in the 50 states as a result of a terrorist attack.
Post of the day (yesterday).

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Republicans not handling election results well
PPP's first post election national poll finds that Republicans are taking the results pretty hard...and also declining in numbers.
49% of GOP voters nationally say they think that ACORN stole the election for President Obama. We found that 52% of Republicans thought that ACORN stole the 2008 election for Obama, so this is a modest decline, but perhaps smaller than might have been expected given that ACORN doesn't exist anymore.
http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2012/...
Minor detail, you're such a quibbler.

THIS IS HOW STUPID YOUR TEAM IS CAROL.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
So are you saying you, too, like RealDave, believe Obama and the health care monstrosity won't cost the taxpayers one thin dime?
Because that's the journey to which I was referring. Of course, RealDave believes it's already paid for.
Please tell me you've gone further than that.
Not at all. I'm just saying you're fairly simple and need things put simply.

You're welcome.

Let's talk about the fiscal cliff "negotiations".

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

sonicfilter wrote:
Jon Stewart's Hilarious Take Down Of Fox's War On Christmas
http://www.newshounds.us/jon_stewart_s_hilari...
Thanks for posting that. I caught it last night on Netflix and immediately thought it needed to be posted here for Carol and the other "faithful".

Brilliant, here it is again in case somebody missed it:

http://www.newshounds.us/jon_stewart_s_hilari...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
???
When I do it its funny (a little bit anyway), when you do it its obvious.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The New York Times’ John Cassidy:
“After being behind in the national polls for most of October,[Obama] has now re-established a narrow lead. While there are a number of possible explanations for this turnaround, the most convincing is the simplest: his handling of Sandy has raised his standing, and his poll ratings.”
A Pew poll taken before the hurricane showed Romney and Obama neck-and-neck at 47% but the same polling firm had Obama ahead of Romney 48%-45% post-Sandy.
You lose. I win.
Did you forget the point again?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Boston's Suffolk University: More than a quarter of the nation says Fox is tops when it comes to who they trust the most and O'Reilly is the most believable.
The O'Reilly Factor is also the most watched cable news television program on American television.
I win. You lose.
No, you commented that Mathews didn't even make the list, you'd better go read the results again.

BTW, you're referencing a poll that's a year and a half old. If you check PPP's poll last month Fox "News" was tied with itself as both the most trusted and least trusted news source. It goes to show you that there is balance in the Bell Curve, just as many stupid people as there are smart people.

I'm tellin' ya as a concerned friend, get checked out for dementia.

Please.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"dumos"
You are a perfect example of a liberal;
- You are a liar
- You slur and demean those who dare disagree with you, particularly females
- Have an exaggerated opinion of your intelligence
- Loves government control in your life
- Believe that those who work hard, produce and prosper should be penalized
- Believe that president nobama represents the second coming
In a a few words you are; dull, boring, not very bright, a parrot and a hypocrite.
Peace
KMA
I take issue with this sheep dip. I'm equally demeaning whether the poster be male or female.

Wipe the drool off your keyboard now, the keys are sticking.
Nj raider 1

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
So load up your guns and ammo!
When their all mighty hope government goes bankrupt they will personally come for your stuff, like in China, and you must defend your stuff from those who think your hard earned money belongs to them liberals!!!
It's always a white dude out of the crowd to say some dumshit about guns. I can tell your from a rural country area. No neighbors for at least a mile. 1 things for sure & 2 things for certain, you ain't got enough family members & weapons to stop a bunch of hungry people with weapons. Ya'll act like they stopped making guns when they made yours. Thus ain't the 30s to the 60s. Everybody got guns! Your best strategical move is to share & compromise or you sir won't last very long!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Liked Herman Cain. Liked Newt Ginghrich. Would have paid big money to see Newt debate Obama. Still would.
Romney is what we got, but I also voted for him in 2008, and compared to another four years, Romney should have been a no brainer.
Cain, Newt and even Trump would have been a no brainer.
Have to give credit where credit's due. You're absolutely correct, voting for either Cain, Newt, or Trump for President would have required no brain at all.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course they do, silly. That's what folks like Demos/Tenzing/Nucular live for.
You're confused again, your the one that wants the ginormous government spending your great grandchildren's birthright. You demand the government undertake this bizarre profitless imperialism, you demand the government not expect anyone to pick up the tab, least of all the ones who've profited most, so on and so forth ...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 755,681 - 755,700 of1,033,719
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

39 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 14 min JOEL COOL DUDE 64,971
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 51 min ritedownthemiddle 42,936
snapchat gay names 1 hr nolovecity74 5
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr loose cannon 167,402
Who Dodged the SHOE Better? 2 hr ThomasA 15
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr prognosticator 96,013
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr _Zoey_ 4,022
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE