Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#818003 Dec 7, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>It might vary by state and perhaps even state district__it's not all bad. Tim Tebow for instance was home schooled yet played high school at Neese High School, a public school in the St Johns County FL. The legal arrangement met all FHSSA requirements.
This would not have been legal in many states.
Home schooling is popular in my area, and can be affiliated with Christian schools for testing and the so called social experience.
Duly noted. Like I said I can only guage from personal experience.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#818004 Dec 7, 2012
THE DEBIL wrote:
YOU LIKE THIS DEBIL BES', RIGHT, HOMER?
Absolutely, you have replaced the heretofore irreplacable Carmino Serrano.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#818005 Dec 7, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner folks! The first libtard to totally ignore the fact that 340,000 more people left the workforce.
DING!! Ding!! DING!!

We have yet another WHINER.

OMG OMG the unemployment rate is lower & we added more jobs than expected!! Lets hurry & look for something negative to cheer about.

You are one sad excuse for an American.

I have never seen anyone cheer so loudly for bad news more than you.

Pathetic

OMGH OMG the stock market is going to have a major sell off!!!!

OMG ONG ONG unemployment will skyrocket in the Spring.

OMG ONG OMG
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#818006 Dec 7, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh you and your silly right wing myths ...
He's got a million of em.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#818007 Dec 7, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>So instead we have the exact opposite. How about finding some middle ground or do the Waltons need a few more billion?
It's "Walmarts", not "Waltons", or is Homer a racist?

Many producers and taxpayers are now moving towards sitting on the beach and collecting from those still foolish enough to work.
Researcher

Killeen, TX

#818008 Dec 7, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, race certainly isn't an issue with teabaggers.
Of the 45 percent of whites who said they strongly or somewhat approve of the tea party movement, the study report showed,“only 35 percent believe Blacks to be hardworking, only 45 percent believe Blacks are intelligent, and only 41 percent think that Blacks are trustworthy.”*****

http://newmexicoindependent.com/59394/naacp-c ...

*****If that study doesn't indicate racism within the tea party, what would it take?

Nobody has suggested that all tea partiers are racist. But the 35-45% who are racist, by their own admission, taint the majority who probably are not.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#818009 Dec 7, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I can only go by my own experiences when dealing with children/people that have been home schooled, social retards. I feel bad for them, it's going to be very tough getting by in the real world later in life.
My kids were all home/private schooled and they're all doing quite well thankyouverymuch.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#818010 Dec 7, 2012
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"real dumb"
One more time you prove your self to be a coward. You dance and dodge and do not answer questions posed to you. You try to change the subject. One more time here is the question. Please forget about tax charts, they have nothing to do with the question. Why should any American pay a higher or lower rate than you do?
No BULLMANURE, just answer the question.
Peace
KMA
I've answered you stupid question numerous times.

No one pays a higher rate or lower rate than I do on ordinary taxable income.

I pay the same on my first $17K as everyone

I pay the same on my income from 17K to 70K as everyone

etc etc etc

Wise up, dumbass & learn how the system works.

My God you are one stupid jerk.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#818011 Dec 7, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, that's it. The stimulus bill did it all.
Maybe Mr Galt would explain why we were discussing the need for a stimulus action????
Ummmmmm,what could it be???
Let me think.........
Oh the BUSH RECESSION??????
He also must never have noticed the size of the Defense budget ...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#818012 Dec 7, 2012
Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
Good News for the Democrats
The unexpectedly strong performance brought the unemployment rate down to
a four-year low of 7.7% of the workforce.
Only because the regime decreed that 540,000 people were no longer in the workforce, perhaps because they no longer see any value in working or need to work.

The regime continues to lie about the economy even after the election. Pathetic.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#818013 Dec 7, 2012
Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
Good News for the Democrats
The unexpectedly strong performance brought the unemployment rate down to
a four-year low of 7.7% of the workforce.
Ding! Ding! Ding! Dang it came back for seconds!!!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#818014 Dec 7, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Not much use when they can't read.
Besides, why reward troublemakers?
Reading? Or troublemakers take your pick.

Troublemakers come from all walks of life.

In my state the public school teachers spend the bulk of their time "teaching to the test" the Florida Comprehensive Assessment Test (FCAT) which is Jeb Bush's legacy and since 1998 nothing else really matters.

Unfortunately the test places far too much emphasis on language skills in a transient state with an enormous influx of non English speaking immigrants. Additionally the test itself is flawed, often not possible to grade properly or on time.

Florida "should" be building trade schools capable of preparing those without or incapable of college dreams.
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#818015 Dec 7, 2012
Democrats have learned to love Limbaugh and the Tea Party guidance provided to the GOP.
Seemed Gov. Romney believed fox commentators and was surprised on election evening. just saying
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#818016 Dec 7, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>I like that idea. Many of our regular high schools are implementing it as well. I also support some type of community service requirement for graduation from high school.
How about academic requirements instead, rather than diplomas for part-time attendance?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#818017 Dec 7, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
It's "Walmarts", not "Waltons", or is Homer a racist?
Many producers and taxpayers are now moving towards sitting on the beach and collecting from those still foolish enough to work.
It's Walton dumbphuck, I was using plural in my statement which is why I said Waltons, the name of the store is Walmart.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#818018 Dec 7, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>LOL! Simply not true. I have friends, family, co-workers living in all of the effected areas, they will all tell you the fantastic job that has been done. Can you actually ever speak the truth? Just once? Come on give it a shot, I dare ya.
8:39PM EST December 4. 2012 - WASHINGTON -- Superstorm Sandy presented an array of new challenges when it slammed into New York City, from getting relief supplies to people inside skyscrapers to finding affordable housing for displaced residents, a New York congressman said Tuesday.

"Hurricane Sandy should be a major wake-up call," Democratic Rep. Jerrold Nadler said at a hearing before the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee. "When disaster strikes, our densely populated urban areas and economic centers must be able to recover quickly."

The Federal Emergency Management Agency isn't positioned to handle a natural disaster in a densely populated urban setting, said Nadler, who represents Lower Manhattan and the Brooklyn waterfront communities of Red Hook, Sea Gate and Coney Island.
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#818019 Dec 7, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Only because the regime decreed that 540,000 people were no longer in the workforce, perhaps because they no longer see any value in working or need to work.
The regime continues to lie about the economy even after the election. Pathetic.
Politics will proceed with the numbers and President Obama will spend "the political capital" G W Bush talked about after his 2004 victory.
Peace
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#818020 Dec 7, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
My kids were all home/private schooled and they're all doing quite well thankyouverymuch.
I am going purely on what I have seen with my own eyes. The home schooled kids I have seen were akin to zombies. I'm glad your kids turned out okay.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#818021 Dec 7, 2012
Lincoln Duncan wrote:
Democrats have learned to love Limbaugh and the Tea Party guidance provided to the GOP.
Seemed Gov. Romney believed fox commentators and was surprised on election evening. just saying
Albeit not as surprised as Karl Rove and his now infamous meltdown on live tv.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#818022 Dec 7, 2012
Researcher wrote:
<quoted text>
Of the 45 percent of whites who said they strongly or somewhat approve of the tea party movement, the study report showed,“only 35 percent believe Blacks to be hardworking, only 45 percent believe Blacks are intelligent, and only 41 percent think that Blacks are trustworthy.”*****
http://newmexicoindependent.com/59394/naacp-c ...
*****If that study doesn't indicate racism within the tea party, what would it take?
Nobody has suggested that all tea partiers are racist. But the 35-45% who are racist, by their own admission, taint the majority who probably are not.
Is the truth "racist" if it is inconvenient?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 10 min Zap Brannigan 98,238
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 14 min JOEL 69,402
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 17 min loose cannon 178,099
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr God Still Loves You 49,881
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr James 68,514
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Twisted Nixon 46,740
Amy 9-20 3 hr Kuuipo 6
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info