Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Nj raider 1

United States

#817969 Dec 7, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>What was your question again?
I have one for you: Who decided to commit the crimes putting them in prison in the first place?
Poverty does not give anyone the right to steal.
Anger does not give anyone the right to assault or batter anyone else.
Frustration does not give anyone the right to vandalize.
Youth does not give anyone the right to flaunt the law.
Don't do the crime if you can't do the time. Prison isn't for sissies.
Evidently you can't read. I said black crimes not common crimes & if you were born to a crackhead that sold their food stamps you would sell drugs or steal or do what you have to do for you and your siblings to survive. Don't sit up here self righteous talking about something you know nothing about. The the system been skewed since the beginning. nobody told the Wall Street bankers to run a scam on the American people sacrificing all their hard earned savings either, but you don't see not 1 of them locked up, yet a black kid gets caught with a $20 bag off rock & gets 5 to 10 yrs. I dont got to explain this to you unless your retarded. Anybody with a brain knows what I'm saying is true.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#817970 Dec 7, 2012
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>Homer & Lincoln, two 'ignorant on the subject' posters, spreading total BS and ignorance. By the way, what students score higher in the ACT's?
I can only go by my own experiences when dealing with children/people that have been home schooled, social retards. I feel bad for them, it's going to be very tough getting by in the real world later in life.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#817971 Dec 7, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Excess spending on government programs like Porkulus.
Yep, that's it. The stimulus bill did it all.

Maybe Mr Galt would explain why we were discussing the need for a stimulus action????

Ummmmmm,what could it be???

Let me think.........

Oh the BUSH RECESSION??????
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#817972 Dec 7, 2012
David Brooks:

Over the past month, the Republican Party has changed far more than I expected. First, the people at the ideological extremes of the party have begun to self-ghettoize. The Tea Party movement attracted many people who are drawn to black and white certainties and lock-step unity. People like that have a tendency to migrate from mainstream politics, which is inevitably messy and impure, to ever more marginal oases of purity.

Jim DeMint, for example, is leaving the Senate to go lead the Heritage Foundation. He is leaving the center of the action, where immigration, tax and other reforms will be crafted, for a political advocacy organization known more for ideological purity and fund-raising prowess than for creativity, curiosity or intellectual innovation.

Second, politics is being reborn. For a time, Republican candidates like Richard Mourdock of Indiana proudly declared that they didn’t believe in compromise. Political activists spent more time purging deviationists than in trying to attract new converts.

But that mania has passed. There are increasing signs that House Republicans are willing to unite behind Speaker John Boehner so he can cut a deal to avert the “fiscal cliff.” There has been an epidemic of open-mindedness as Republicans try to win minority votes and create a version of their party that can be competitive in states like Connecticut and California.

Finally, there has even been some shifting of economic values, or at least in how the party presents those values. The other speaker at the Kemp dinner was Representative Paul Ryan, who spoke about how to alleviate poverty. He didn’t abandon any of his fundamental beliefs, but he framed those beliefs in a more welcoming way and opened up room for growth and new thinking.

The obligations to combat poverty, Ryan said, are beyond dispute.“The real debate is how best we can meet them. It’s whether they are better met by private groups or by government — by voluntary action or by government action. The truth is, there has to be a balance. Government must act for the common good, while leaving private groups free to do the work that only they can do.”

Like Rubio, Ryan projected a more balanced and attractive vision. He spoke with passion about those who long to rise.

The Republicans may still blow it. If President Obama is flexible and they don’t meet him partway, Republicans would contribute to a recession that would discredit them for a decade. But they are moving in the right direction and moving fast. These are first steps, and encouraging ones.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/07/opinion/bro...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#817974 Dec 7, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Nobody would need to work and we could all sit on the beach drinking beer. Mitt Romney and the "Walmarts" would be required to serve the beer. Black folks would get the best seats and the best beer.
So instead we have the exact opposite. How about finding some middle ground or do the Waltons need a few more billion?
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#817975 Dec 7, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I don't know about other towns, but that is done here. They get expelled and then have to go to an alternative school. However, if that school is filled with troublemakers, I'm not sure how that turns out, maybe some get worse, maybe others have parents who put them into private schools.
Good News for the Democrats
The unexpectedly strong performance brought the unemployment rate down to
a four-year low of 7.7% of the workforce.
THE DEBIL

Ukraine

#817976 Dec 7, 2012
Patriot wrote:
Watch: US gov’t charges nun, anti-nuclear activists with sabotage
Three anti-nuclear activists, inclue of injuring national-defense premises under the Sabotage Arepresenting the three.[...]
Rice said she was unmoved by the additional years in federal prison she and her fellow demonstrators now face.“We have considered all of that long before we went in,” she said.“We feel this is something to give our lives for.”
[...] As the case proceeds it will likely remain an embarrassment for the federal government, which failed to secure the enrichment facility against three aging pec that has largely ignored the movement since the end of the Cold War.[...]
In response to a question about whether the protesters did “willfully injure, destroy and contaminate, and attempt to injure, destroy and contaminate national-defense premises,” as the indictment charges, Rice said,“Each of the verbs you have repeated would apply to what the government would do in the nuclear weapons industry alone.”lear-actsts-with-sabota ge-video
BLAH, BLAH, BLAH...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#817977 Dec 7, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The Obama FEMA response in New York and New Jersey has been a total failure, worse than Katrina, which is no surprise.
LOL! Simply not true. I have friends, family, co-workers living in all of the effected areas, they will all tell you the fantastic job that has been done. Can you actually ever speak the truth? Just once? Come on give it a shot, I dare ya.
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#817978 Dec 7, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct. Limbaugh's business model is to provide the program content to the stations in exchange for advertising time that he markets.
..... plus sinking the chances of the republicans in 2012.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#817979 Dec 7, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Prosecute them for sales of illicit substances.
Except that rarely happens, and even if it does, there may be no jail time involved for juveniles. So they remain in school.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#817980 Dec 7, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>In some areas students can enroll in community colleges in programs that allow them to complete high school and take college hours at the same time.
I like that idea. Many of our regular high schools are implementing it as well. I also support some type of community service requirement for graduation from high school.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#817981 Dec 7, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Pure stupid.
Amen.
THE DEBIL

Ukraine

#817982 Dec 7, 2012
THAT BABE IS HOT. I WANT HER... SHE WENT TO SCHOOL JUS' UP THE STREET.... MMMMMMMMMM.... A RICE PUDDIN'...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#817983 Dec 7, 2012
Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
Good News for the Democrats
The unexpectedly strong performance brought the unemployment rate down to
a four-year low of 7.7% of the workforce.
Stock market back up too. Time to drag out the Benghazi story again.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#817984 Dec 7, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
December 6, 2012 - U.S. Voters Trust Obama, Dems To Avoid Fiscal Cliff, Quinnipiac University National Poll Finds; Tax The Rich, But Don't Touch Medicare, Voters Say
http://www.quinnipiac.edu/institutes-centers/...
Great. The perfect formula for mushrooming the debt.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#817985 Dec 7, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>In some areas students can enroll in community colleges in programs that allow them to complete high school and take college hours at the same time.
Not much use when they can't read.

Besides, why reward troublemakers?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#817986 Dec 7, 2012
Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>those who actually pay taxes have already started reducing their economic footprint. all the adjectives used as insults here by the Obamatrons like "pasty, old, white...." are also associated with the Protestant Work Ethic. sadly, that has been voted against this past November.
"Reducing their economic footprint" is a clever way of saying that they are structuring their work and investments to minimize their exposure to increased taxation and the uncertain future of the Obama economy.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#817987 Dec 7, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Great. The perfect formula for mushrooming the debt.
call your congress critter.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#817988 Dec 7, 2012
Nj raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> I said black crimes not common crimes & if you were born to a crackhead that sold their food stamps you would sell drugs or steal or do what you have to do for you and your siblings to survive.
That type of thinking, that crime is acceptable, is exactly the problem.
THE DEBIL

Ukraine

#817989 Dec 7, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>LOL! Simply not true. I have friends, family, co-workers living in all of the effected areas, they will all tell you the fantastic job that has been done. Can you actually ever speak the truth? Just once? Come on give it a shot, I dare ya.
NAW, HOMER. YOU TOO SMART TO PLAY THIS GAME. THEY NOT ABOUT REASON.. THEY ABOUT NOISE. THE INTERNET ALL ABOUT NOISE. THERE A SOUND LEVEL IN HERE AN' IT TENDS TOWARD BALANCE. THEY UPSET THE BALANCE TO AFFECT THE NOISE. IT SIMPLE. ALL YOU GOT TO DO TO CONTROL THE NOISE IS TO POST AN EQUIVALENT NOISE. IT NOT ROCKET SCIENCE. DON' BOTHER TRYIN' TO REASON WITH 'EM, JUS' FUCK 'EM.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 9 min jacques Ottawa 179,350
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 18 min Jonah1 50,617
Car Paint, Paint and Various cosmetics products... 45 min johnson 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 56 min Mandela 68,650
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Frijoles 70,076
Emanuel set to outline re-election agenda in fi... 2 hr wasademocratNomore 5
durban women lets explore your fantasies bbm pins 4 hr slum ou 3
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]