Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
755,561 - 755,580 of 1,101,343 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#817800 Dec 6, 2012
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
There are other aspects to going to school, socialization skills, team work, competitiveness..
When I meet home schooled kids, they are lacking in the above. It's wrong to label all teachers bad because of a few, most teachers I have met are extremely devoted, working long hours, spending their own money for school supplies, truly caring that their students succeed. For many children, school is their solace. To deprive children of this structure would be devastating, especially since most parents cannot stay home to teach them, nor are they capable.
Most experts on education have never been in the classroom, certainly not an urban classroom.
FCAT has ruined education in Florida.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#817801 Dec 6, 2012
Policy Plate: What the Frack is in our Food?| Environmental ... www.ewg.org/agmag/2012/11/policy-plate-what-t ...

Nov 29, 2012 ... The Nation's cover story (Dec.17) examines the potential for the nation's drilling and fracking operations to contaminate our food. The Nation.
RealClearMarkets - Oil: What the Frack Is In Our Food Supply? www.realclearmarkets.com/2012/12/03/oil_what_ ......

3 days ago ... Oil: What the Frack Is In Our Food Supply? Elizabeth Royte, The Nation. Send to a Friend Read Full Article . TAGGED: Oil, Energy, Fracking,...
Fracking Our Food Supply | The Nation www.thenation.com/article/171504/fracking-our ...

Nov 28, 2012 ... Are dying cattle the canaries in the coal mine? Farmers and ranchers are sounding alarms about the risks to human health of hydraulic ...
Why Ban Fracking?| Food & Water Watch www.foodandwaterwatch.org/water/fracking/

Fracking poses a great threat to our drinking water. How is ... Zack Malitz of Credo Action, Betta Broad of Frack Action, Alex Beauchamp of Food & Water Watch ...

Why Are Cow Tails Falling Off?(Or, Frack Your Food)| Slog slog.thestranger.com/slog/archives/2012/11/30 ......

6 days ago ... The Nation, in collaboration with the Food & Environment Reporting Network nonprofit, has ">a chilling story about early-warning signs of how ...
A lot of farmers in my area are leasing their land for ... www.farmaid.org/site/apps/nlnet/content2.aspx ......

Fracking and our food. So back to the question at hand: what does hydrofracking mean for farmers and our food system? In short: it ain't good. The opportunity ...
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#817802 Dec 6, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop pulling it then.
But, no, not a billionaire. But since we're on the subject and we're just chit chatting, I always said that if I came into that kind of money, I'd buy a nice house - not extravagant but nice - two cars, give a lot to family and friends, put a million or two in the bank - mostly for traveling and a comfortable retirement - start an animal rescue and give the rest to charities.
Don't you wish you had the kind of money that Secret Santa has this time of year? I know I do. Everytime I see a mother with children who looks like she's doing the best she can do but could use a little help, I wish do badly I had the means to put a couple hundred dollar bills in her hand and just walk away. Wouldn't that be the most wonderful feeling in the world to do be able to do that all the time?
But giving whatever you can and doing something for others is the next best thing.
I have to stretch it to alleviate pain,loosen nerve and muscles.. It can be pretty painful, that's why I walk and jog everyday, ride my bike, also a stationary bike at home.
You don't have to be a billionaire to help someone. Even handing someone $50 is nice random act of kindness.
The sun sentinel has stories about families in need that you can contribute to if you want to.
Your boyfriend OReilly. Is on Jay Leno right now
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#817803 Dec 6, 2012
Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
Most experts on education have never been in the classroom, certainly not an urban classroom.
FCAT has ruined education in Florida.
Yes, agree. Hopefully it will be eliminated one day. We need a Democratic governor. Must say that the teachers my children had were amazing, caring and devoted
I don't understand this contempt for public education. Teachers are the most important people in our children's lives, they should be supported and paid more
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#817804 Dec 6, 2012
<quoted text>
Yes, agree. Hopefully it will be eliminated one day. We need a Democratic governor. Must say that the teachers my children had were amazing, caring and devoted
I don't understand this contempt for public education. Teachers are the most important people in our children's lives, they should be supported and paid more
We need to thank the Tea Party for reelecting President Obama and giving us two senate seats.
Mitt's film was great and he may get an Oscar
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#817805 Dec 6, 2012
Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
We need to thank the Tea Party for reelecting President Obama and giving us two senate seats.
Mitt's film was great and he may get an Oscar
Yes, and no more Allen West, now have Lois Frankel. Alan Grayson back too!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#817811 Dec 6, 2012
Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
you find all teachers unions, in all cases, everywhere to blame?
The unions consistently defend poor teachers and oppose any move to require performance standards.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#817812 Dec 6, 2012
Obamahammed wrote:
<quoted text>
so? large f ing deal. doesn't negate anything i posted.
So!! understand Bush carried on with the same Policies as Clinton.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#817814 Dec 6, 2012
<quoted text>
There are other aspects to going to school, socialization skills, team work, competitiveness..
When I meet home schooled kids, they are lacking in the above. It's wrong to label all teachers bad because of a few, most teachers I have met are extremely devoted, working long hours, spending their own money for school supplies, truly caring that their students succeed. For many children, school is their solace. To deprive children of this structure would be devastating, especially since most parents cannot stay home to teach them, nor are they capable.
Your point has merit, but those advantages are useless if the education is substandard. Besides, much of the "socialization" results in bullying and gangs. And "competitiveness" is almost totally absent in public schools, actively discouraged.

The public education system is broken and radical change is required. How about a public system that is focused more on education and less on buildings, lunch programs, football teams, and retirement benefits? Why not a public education system that makes much better use of computers?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#817815 Dec 6, 2012
<quoted text>
The teachers are not, for the most part, the problem. The problem is the system.

Teachers are amply paid and higher salaries will not improve anything. Instead, weed out the dead wood and hire some young people with new ideas and energy.

More than anything, run the system for the benefit of the students and not for the benefit of the employees.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#817816 Dec 6, 2012
<quoted text>
One other thing. Drop the concept that every child must attend school. Purge the schools of the troublemakers who have no interest in learning and who just prevent others from learning.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#817817 Dec 6, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The teachers are not, for the most part, the problem. The problem is the system.
Teachers are amply paid and higher salaries will not improve anything. Instead, weed out the dead wood and hire some young people with new ideas and energy.
More than anything, run the system for the benefit of the students and not for the benefit of the employees.
you got that right, the problem is the system besides each state educational standards are different.
love

Europe

#817818 Dec 6, 2012
http://goo.gl/wZoX0
watch out guys

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#817819 Dec 6, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I have news. Bush was President until Jan of 2009.
We lost one out of every three manufacturing jobs under Bush.
We doubled the debt under Bush
Bush started with a balanced budget & his last budget was over a trillion in deficit.
As you brag about the gains right up until the house of cards collapsed, you ignore the false gains hidden in the housing bubble.
You act like the kid who climbs to the top fa tree yelling "look at me Look at me" right before he fell.
Hey, Jerk! Isn't this what's called Bush-Bashing? Shame on you! Let's see now....this is nearly 2013 and you STILL go way out of the way to avoid blaming the Boy Messiah for anything.

You've worn it out, ImaginaryDave. And don't try the "You hate him because he's black" routine. That's older than Bush-Bashing.

Try something new and fresh, pal. Look at some old X-Files reruns. Maybe you can find something there.

Lapeer, MI

#817820 Dec 6, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Who will the mob blame for the rotten economy in 2016?
George Bush.

The Boy Messiah told them so.
pinky

Europe

#817821 Dec 6, 2012
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

#817822 Dec 6, 2012
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
More losers clamboring for that which they did not have the intellect or the motivation to achieve themselves.
Most rich people stole it by cheating on there taxes like the Walmart family and Mitt Romney and not paying there slave laborers anything and not giving them health insurance and overpricing there products and selling to many guns to murderes and thus increasing crime rates in America but not giving health insurance to crime victims. Rich people sucks.

Lapeer, MI

#817823 Dec 6, 2012
GOPidiotsx I wrote:
<quoted text>Most economists agree that by 2016 the economy will be robust.
Where? In your closet? Under your crib?

Santa Claus loves you. Really!
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

#817824 Dec 6, 2012
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah thats sounds great. Lets pay those with no skills even more for the skills that they do not have nor have the motivation to achieve.
If their was less people like Mitt Romney and the Walmarts and more people like Barack and Michelle Obama and no guns America would be a better place for all of mankind in which to live.
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

#817825 Dec 7, 2012
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah thats sounds great. Lets pay those with no skills even more for the skills that they do not have nor have the motivation to achieve.
I know about economy an I know that if greedy CEOs shared there wealth with there employes the economy would stabilize and the deficit wouldnt fall off the cliff and it would cure the national debts. If every CEO would just sold just one of there vacation homes and shared it with there employees the physical cliff could be solved and President Obama could get back to the business of governing and getting rid of guns and hate radio.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 4 min the wandering girl 4,684
Crack and the Social, Moral, and Economic Decay... 1 hr joey 2
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr Virus Infected 49,488
HKN Record Label Need UpComing Artist Call_0803... 3 hr mr innocent 1
Word (Dec '08) 3 hr andet1987 4,664
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr litesong 46,375
Michelle Obama, f/k/a MICHAEL LAVAUGHN ROBINSON 4 hr FXX 3
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 hr LRS 177,520
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••