Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Seriously Misguided Democrat”

Since: Oct 12

Chicago Thugtown

#818084 Dec 7, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I know the extent and I know the response, I know people living in all the effected areas, so piss off.
Then that would make you more of an idiot than I thought. Piss off? You really are clueless. Typical ignorant leftard.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#818085 Dec 7, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree proving without a doubt that you're not a complete moron.
Might add that children who are way ahead of their classmates in achievement often suffer from behavior problems in school, or at least are labeled as such because they become impatient with the slow pace. In this case, the "socialization" aspect is a negative factor.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#818086 Dec 7, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree proving without a doubt that you're not a complete moron.
Sign of the apocalyspe, Homer going home to pack a bag, moving to higher ground.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#818087 Dec 7, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
There are some self-contradictions there I'm just gonna let you work out for yourself.
I'm thinking of calling a meeting at the Honest Pint ... Wait, judging from the quiet around here I might be late for one already in progress!
I'll have to agree with you there. Honest Pint?
Sound like a good pub name.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#818088 Dec 7, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Sometimes. Did I leave my webcam on again?
yes.

dam it Homer!
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#818089 Dec 7, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Non-English speaking students should be placed in separate classrooms in programs of total immersion in English, with qualified personnel.
And you're wrong if you think that transient populations do not occur elsewhere.
Children learn languages quickly.
Note that private schools, public, charter and home school all have advantages and problems.
A good home school program involving professional teachers in a K - 12 can work well. Have seen this.
Publics school in the US/Canada often depend on neighborhood and income.
dem

United States

#818090 Dec 7, 2012
Old Crazy Goober wrote:
<quoted text>Then that would make you more of an idiot than I thought. Piss off? You really are clueless. Typical ignorant leftard.
Hi, gunner.
You fkn kkkoward.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#818091 Dec 7, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
It completely destroys what you were trying to imply there Skippy.
Nope sure doesn't. September and October numbers were revised down. November will be revised down as well. Have a good weekend Gilligan!
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#818092 Dec 7, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy Hannukah!!
Merry Christmas !
Happy Hannukah!!

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#818093 Dec 7, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
Don’t Get Rolled
What if we were to tell you there is a tax on wages that hits working families hardest, that the purported purpose of this tax — to pay for old-age entitlements — is a fraud, and that John Boehner wants to raise it as part of a fiscal-cliff deal?
Unfortunately, that is exactly where we are. President Obama and many congressional Democrats are on record supporting a one-year extension of the two-year-old payroll-tax cut, which reduced the employee piece of Social Security withholdings from 6.2 to 4.2 percent of taxable income. But buried in House Republicans’ counteroffer is the fact that it would let that cut expire at year’s end. If that were to happen, nearly every paycheck in America (certain government employees are excepted) would get smaller on January 1, and over the course of the year, the average family earning $50,000 would get to keep about $1,000 less.
Many middle-class households pay more in payroll tax than in income tax (for some families in the middle quintile, as much as three times more), making action on the former as consequential as action on the latter when it comes to kitchen-table economics. Nor does the money generated from the expiration have even the cosmetic virtue of being counted in the $800 billion in new revenue to which Boehner has already committed. Instead it is being treated as an extension of “current law,” no doubt in part to sidestep the of-late sensitive issue of whether failing to vote to renew the cut constitutes voting to raise taxes.
And yet despite all this — indeed, despite the fact that it was right-of-center economists who floated a payroll-tax cut as a part of the stimulus deal, a year before the White House took up the cause in 2010 — Republicans now find themselves in danger of being seen to obsess over marginal rates for “the rich” while endorsing a massive tax hike for every wage-earner in the country as a kind of afterthought.
This is folly. Congressional Republicans must change course and back an extension of the payroll-tax cut.
http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/335038...
That has to be total BS 'cause everybody knows the GOP is nothing if not a friend to the middle class.

<Yep, straight face and all!>

“Seriously Misguided Democrat”

Since: Oct 12

Chicago Thugtown

#818094 Dec 7, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this Nobama under sedation?
GFY sheepdip, you know nothing about me.
I know you have done/are doing your kids a disservice, that's for sure. But what they hey? You're an arrogant, self aggrandizing moron anyways. You see nothing wrong with your life, but believe me, others do. And your kids will pay for it, doofus.

You buddy Homer even told you all the ones he knows that were home schooled were Zombies. That's two of us, against one (you), doofus. Poor kids.
Jane Says

New York, NY

#818095 Dec 7, 2012
flack wrote:
I have come to the conclusion that we should just get out of the way and let the democrat/progressives have their way. Let them own it all. The fastest way to fix this problem is, maybe, to just let the democrats totally crash and burn the system. Then we can pick up the pieces and rebuild the country the way it's suppose to be. Rand Paul is right. Give it to them.
I agree. All those extra taxes collected will run the country for about what 8 days? Obammy will keep promising free everything and before you know it there will be Greek style protests when there's no one left to pay the bill and China won't lend anymore $$. I saw protestors yesterday. They were complaining about their $7.50 an hour wages at McDonalds and want to unionize and have "living wages." As if saying "do you want fries with that?" should earn enough to support a family in NYC. Get ready for the $20 Happy Meal.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#818096 Dec 7, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
That's fine, but we cannot participate in that decision in any way.
Nope. Just get out of the way. If the right doesn't vote they can pass anything they want.

Location hidden

#818097 Dec 7, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy Hannukah!!
Thanks, someday I've got to clarify that ... maybe.

Meanwhile, what could Flack mean about "eating ramps"?
TSM

El Paso, TX

#818098 Dec 7, 2012
flack wrote:
I have come to the conclusion that we should just get out of the way and let the democrat/progressives have their way. Let them own it all. The fastest way to fix this problem is, maybe, to just let the democrats totally crash and burn the system. Then we can pick up the pieces and rebuild the country the way it's suppose to be. Rand Paul is right. Give it to them.
I agree!! Raising taxes is not the answer Republicans should just get out of the Way!! Like Colin Powell said 'you broke it you own it!!'
Jane Says

New York, NY

#818099 Dec 7, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Sign of the apocalyspe, Homer going home to pack a bag, moving to higher ground.
I'm guessing that productivity in your office won't be affected when you don't report for "work" on Monday.

Location hidden

#818100 Dec 7, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I'll have to agree with you there. Honest Pint?
Sound like a good pub name.
This is a great pub a friend only recently introduced me to. They allow smoking but must have great ventilation 'cause its never smokey and I won't sit anywhere smokey. Great fish & chips too.
Jane Says

New York, NY

#818101 Dec 7, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Nope. Just get out of the way. If the right doesn't vote they can pass anything they want.
they can consistently vote "present," does that ring a bell? its been known to be the start of a never ending presidential campaign.

Location hidden

#818102 Dec 7, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, gunner.
You fkn kkkoward.
I don't think its Gunner, I think its the Nostrilhair/DimNeutron bunny.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#818103 Dec 7, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Non-English speaking students should be placed in separate classrooms in programs of total immersion in English, with qualified personnel.
And you're wrong if you think that transient populations do not occur elsewhere.
They don't appear elsewhere in the US (per capita) on par with Florida and particularly Central Florida.

Certain non English students are indeed placed in separate classrooms, but there are so many different languages/dialects that it's impossible to bring them to a place on par with so called traditional students. That is the fallacy of the FCAT test which is what I'm talking about.

You are apparently talking about Miss McGinty's third grade art class at Shamokin Elementary, home to the "Dusty Diggers."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 27 min loose cannon 187,896
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 69,827
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr jimi-yank 53,065
Word (Dec '08) 10 hr _Zoey_ 5,213
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 10 hr _Zoey_ 5,951
Song Title Game (Dec '11) 16 hr boundary painter 1,175
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 16 hr boundary painter 1,650
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]