Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#817775 Dec 6, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I might be laughing but it's because you're pulling your own legs.
That's funny, I have been pulling my own legs, stretching my sciatic nerve!!

Are you a secret billionaire?
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#817776 Dec 6, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Wouldn't want to miss your reaction when reality takes a dump on your front porch for anything.
Again, I truly do hope I'm wrong. It will land on all our front porches if I'm not.
Who has a porch anymore? You're talking shyt now!!
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#817777 Dec 6, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a big mess. That's what it is.
We can thank the liberal spineless mentality and the teachers' unions.
You're in favor of abolishing public education to be replaced by virtual schools?
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#817778 Dec 6, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Progressive education is a pedagogical movement that began in the late nineteenth century and has persisted in various forms to the present.
Now it's called politically correct nonsense.
All kids should be forced into parochial schools! Bring back corporal punishment!
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#817779 Dec 6, 2012
Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
President Obama just won a second term.
McConnell filibustered his own bill!!

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#817780 Dec 6, 2012
Impeach Grover Norquist.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#817781 Dec 6, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>He already tried working with the cons and they got "belligerent."
Seems to me all he needs to do is show how the cons truly are and let the people decide whose to blame.
In other words, play politics and let the economy crash instead of resolving the problem.

The mark of real leadership.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#817782 Dec 6, 2012
Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
President Obama just won a second term.
So what?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#817783 Dec 6, 2012
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
You're in favor of abolishing public education to be replaced by virtual schools?
Why not, if they are more effective? What else matters?
carol

Orlando, FL

#817784 Dec 6, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>You're a fool, carol. Probably always have been; will probably always be...fortunately, the time remaining is shorter.'night, Loser.
Here's an excerpt from that article which I'm assuming you didn't click on much less read...written by a senior fellow at the Hoover Institution and the William Bennett Munro Professor of political science at Stanford University.

Teachers' Unions' influence takes two forms: "They shape the schools from the bottom up, through collective bargaining activities so broad in scope that virtually every aspect of school organization bears the distinctive imprint of union design. They also shape the schools from the top down, through political activities that give them unrivaled influence over the laws and regulations imposed on public education by government, and that allow them to block or weaken governmental reforms they find threatening. In combining bottom-up and top-down influence, and in combining them as potently as they do, the teachers’ unions are unique among all actors in the educational arena."

But did you know that more than seven hundred teachers in New York City in 2009 sat in what they called Rubber Rooms and got paid a full salary, received full benefits and had summers off just like real teachers - except they didn't teach?

And that it cost the city between $35 million and $65 million a year for salary and benefits alone? And that NY taxpayers forked out half a million dollars annually for security guards to keep the teachers safe (mainly from one another, as tensions ran high in these places)?

NYC was spending a fortune every year for seven-hundred-plus teachers to stare at the walls.

Shocking, huh?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#817785 Dec 6, 2012
SEN. RAND PAUL: I have yet another thought on how we can fix this. Why don't we let the Democrats pass whatever they want? If they are the party of higher taxes, all the Republicans vote present and let the Democrats raise taxes as high as they want to raise them, let Democrats in the Senate raise taxes, let the president sign it and then make them own the tax increase. And when the economy stalls, when the economy sputters, when people lose their jobs, they know which party to blame, the party of high taxes. Let's don't be the party of just almost as high taxes.

LARRY KUDLOW, CNBC: Some people have called that the doomsday scenario. Others have said,'Look, it's a strategic retreat on the Republicans' behalf.' Would you vote present for that in the Senate if that came up?

RAND PAUL: Yes, I don't think we have to in the Senate. In the House, they have to because the Democrats don't have the majority. In the Senate, I'm happy not to filibuster it, and I will announce tonight on your show that I will work with Harry Reid to let him pass his big old tax hike with a simple majority if that's what Harry Reid wants, because then they will become the party of high taxes and they can own it.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#817786 Dec 6, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not, if they are more effective? What else matters?
A nation of zombies staring a computers so that Jeb Bush can pocket the education funds!! Send them to Jesus camp too!
carol

Orlando, FL

#817788 Dec 6, 2012
<quoted text>
That's funny, I have been pulling my own legs, stretching my sciatic nerve!!
Are you a secret billionaire?
Stop pulling it then.

But, no, not a billionaire. But since we're on the subject and we're just chit chatting, I always said that if I came into that kind of money, I'd buy a nice house - not extravagant but nice - two cars, give a lot to family and friends, put a million or two in the bank - mostly for traveling and a comfortable retirement - start an animal rescue and give the rest to charities.

Don't you wish you had the kind of money that Secret Santa has this time of year? I know I do. Everytime I see a mother with children who looks like she's doing the best she can do but could use a little help, I wish do badly I had the means to put a couple hundred dollar bills in her hand and just walk away. Wouldn't that be the most wonderful feeling in the world to do be able to do that all the time?

But giving whatever you can and doing something for others is the next best thing.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#817789 Dec 6, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, play politics and let the economy crash instead of resolving the problem.
Boehner is leading his group. No one's forcing him not to play. But since that's his stance, there's nothing "leadership" can do about it.

Least wise that's how I see the US Constitution making for that allowance.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#817790 Dec 6, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, aren't the cons the ones who created this situation? Specifically the tea-p?
carol

Orlando, FL

#817791 Dec 6, 2012
<quoted text>
I'm in favor of restoring common sense and discipline in the classroom and teaching students how to learn.
carol

Orlando, FL

#817792 Dec 6, 2012
<quoted text>
All kids should be forced into parochial schools! Bring back corporal punishment!
I'd settle for bringing back consequences, consistently following through with them and administrators growing a spine.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#817793 Dec 6, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
A nation of zombies staring a computers so that Jeb Bush can pocket the education funds!! Send them to Jesus camp too!
All that matters is what approach provides the best education. Public schools are very successful in many communities, but abysmal failures in others regardless of the money spent. It makes no sense to keep throwing money at a failing system.

By the way, many millions of people spend the vast majority of their working day "staring at computers."

Schools that turn out graduates that are not computer literate are failures.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#817794 Dec 6, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd settle for bringing back consequences, consistently following through with them and administrators growing a spine.
lol! You would have done pretty well a hundred years ago.
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#817795 Dec 6, 2012
John Galt wrote:
SEN. RAND PAUL: I have yet another thought on how we can fix this. Why don't we let the Democrats pass whatever they want? If they are the party of higher taxes, all the Republicans vote present and let the Democrats raise taxes as high as they want to raise them, let Democrats in the Senate raise taxes, let the president sign it and then make them own the tax increase. And when the economy stalls, when the economy sputters, when people lose their jobs, they know which party to blame, the party of high taxes. Let's don't be the party of just almost as high taxes.
LARRY KUDLOW, CNBC: Some people have called that the doomsday scenario. Others have said,'Look, it's a strategic retreat on the Republicans' behalf.' Would you vote present for that in the Senate if that came up?
RAND PAUL: Yes, I don't think we have to in the Senate. In the House, they have to because the Democrats don't have the majority. In the Senate, I'm happy not to filibuster it, and I will announce tonight on your show that I will work with Harry Reid to let him pass his big old tax hike with a simple majority if that's what Harry Reid wants, because then they will become the party of high taxes and they can own it.
Rand Paul is not popular with all factions of the GOP

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min Sunshine 181,706
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 46 min JOEL 70,988
CHICAGO BEARS ARE SHYT. Boycott them 3 hr Sublime1 19
Deat Abby 12-16 4 hr Mister Tonka 51
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 5 hr TRD 68,875
sexting on whatsapp 6 hr cute_bwoy 1
14-Year-Old Boy Shot In Head On Far South Side 7 hr Taint Shield 4
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info