Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#817566 Dec 6, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The same people who voted for Obama are going to blame Republicans more than Democrats if we go over the cliff?
Shocking....
The same people that voted Republican & blamed the recession, housing collapse & near financial meltdown on Obama & the Democrats want to blame Obama if we go over the cliff.

But hey, the Republicans say no rate increase on the wealthy. The President says 4 1/2%.

To Carol, a Compromise is no rate increase & anything else is caving.

I'm thinking raise the rate from 35 to 37% & close some loopholes for an additional 800 billion.

That is a compromise.
carol

Orlando, FL

#817569 Dec 6, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>DEBIL replaced you as my topix BFF a couple weeks ago when you fell off the fiscal cliff and lost your sanity.
Well it just goes to show you, like this president, can be known by who you surround yourself by.

But people often turn out to be very disappointing.

Doesn't make it any less disappointing.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#817570 Dec 6, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
They can't help themselves. The bombardment of propaganda by Team Obama Cheerleaders and brainwashing by power hungry weasels who can't make any decisions but blame anyone else who does is too ingrained.
They swallowed the line that government is a separate entity disconnected from the people. It's because Obama thinks that.
It will be interesting what they think in a year. I think it will only take six months for most. By May it should be apparent that they didn't get what they thought they were getting.
Da Man

Silver Spring, MD

#817571 Dec 6, 2012
All Hail Obama! Four More Years!

Repukians are bailing left and right like rats and the tea baggers are dead meat!

All Hail Obama! Four More Years!

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#817573 Dec 6, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Only an adolescent would post something like that.
You just waved your sign.
It's just demwit posting under another name.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#817575 Dec 6, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> The German people thought Hitler was a good idea too. All that poll proves is sheep will follow the sheppard.
Step away from the bong Flacko, you're beginning to sound like Carol. No foolin__you really are.

The US economy is rebounding even in my area which was ground zero for the mortgage meltdown. It might have fully recovered by 2016 meaning that it only took eight years to recover from the damage inflicted by eight years of BushCo__a true miracle for those like myself who had hitched their wagon to the real estate star.

I might actually live long enough to see my net worth return to 2001 levels. Yippee!
carol

Orlando, FL

#817576 Dec 6, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>You are suggesting they only polled Obama voters?
53 to 36 percent said they trusted the president and Democrats more than Republicans to avoid the fiscal cliff.

See, that's the thing. The American people put their trust in Democrats at the voting booth last month. If they get everything they want after the first of the year, there won't be anyone else to blame. And those of us who know better won't be as nearly disappointed as I am today.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#817577 Dec 6, 2012
Saw this sign. Says it all: THE IRS
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#817579 Dec 6, 2012
I see Fox/NRA dragging out the Obama gonna ban your guns again to help boost gun sales.

Finally rightwingers helping to boost the economy.

Carry on.
carol

Orlando, FL

#817580 Dec 6, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Step away from the bong Flacko, you're beginning to sound like Carol. No foolin__you really are.
The US economy is rebounding even in my area which was ground zero for the mortgage meltdown. It might have fully recovered by 2016 meaning that it only took eight years to recover from the damage inflicted by eight years of BushCo__a true miracle for those like myself who had hitched their wagon to the real estate star.
I might actually live long enough to see my net worth return to 2001 levels. Yippee!
You think flack is beginning to sound like me?

How flattering! Thank you for that nice compliment!

But, truthfully, flack is pretty smart and insightful himself, you know.
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#817581 Dec 6, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't been in a few public schools lately.
Many now practice the no winner/no loser "fair" approach.
If you are interested in politics and do not know how to lose you may need another hobby.
"the sky is falling" view of life is boring after about 100 times heard.
Move on with your life Carol

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#817583 Dec 6, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Step away from the bong Flacko, you're beginning to sound like Carol. No foolin__you really are.
I hope so. I seriously doubt it however. Lot of activity before the end of the year perhaps due to the tax increases. You do realize you've said that the last two winters right? Then here comes late January early February and down we go again. This spring is going to be really bad I fear.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#817584 Dec 6, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
53 to 36 percent said they trusted the president and Democrats more than Republicans to avoid the fiscal cliff.
See, that's the thing. The American people put their trust in Democrats at the voting booth last month. If they get everything they want after the first of the year, there won't be anyone else to blame. And those of us who know better won't be as nearly disappointed as I am today.
Apparently they are still putting their trust in them (53% to 36%) this month as well.
carol

Orlando, FL

#817585 Dec 6, 2012
new yawk wrote:
<quoted text>
Stumped for an answer?
Your question wasn't deserving of a dignified answer.

Try again. Ask something a little more pertinent the next time.
carol

Orlando, FL

#817588 Dec 6, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Not really, Hitler never got more than 37% of the popular vote.
But he did have the Team Hitler Cheerleaders on his side.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#817589 Dec 6, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't been in a few public schools lately.
Many now practice the no winner/no loser "fair" approach.
Outright lie__and for no reason other than to make a minute or two of what must be a dreadful life pass by.

Shame on your dumbazz!
carol

Orlando, FL

#817591 Dec 6, 2012
Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are interested in politics and do not know how to lose you may need another hobby.
"the sky is falling" view of life is boring after about 100 times heard.
Move on with your life Carol
The mere fact that you are - please pardon me for being so blunt - ignorant that this is going on in public schools speaks for itself.

You need say no more.
Razors Edge

Oak Lawn, IL

#817592 Dec 6, 2012
Imagine the Cops putting one up in the air
in the legal states then busting ur ass for
a DUI???? LOL..
new yawk

United States

#817593 Dec 6, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>The mere fact that you are - please pardon me for being so blunt - ignorant that this is going on in public schools speaks for itself.

You need say no more.
Kind of a dumb answer, dumb carol.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#817594 Dec 6, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I hope so. I seriously doubt it however. Lot of activity before the end of the year perhaps due to the tax increases. You do realize you've said that the last two winters right? Then here comes late January early February and down we go again. This spring is going to be really bad I fear.
Bquawk, bic bic bic bquawk, how's it going Chicken Littledamus?

Now that you have stated your prediction I'm betting the economy will be rolling by spring since you are never right.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ferguson Protesters Promise 28-Hour Sit-In At C... 22 min Liberal Lover 2
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 40 min Stop Global Changing 48,588
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Guru 180,937
EverGreen Belgrade 1 hr The__Baron 16
World's Best Photo Art 1 hr Monte 4
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 hr TRD 68,795
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 5 hr JOEL 70,617
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance