Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Nj raider 1

United States

#817540 Dec 6, 2012
proud2bwhite wrote:
<quoted text>you voted for a man that hates this nation with a record of failure and decite. He should be removed from ofice in chains and tried for treason. Romney was not my first choice but honestly I would have voted for an empty orange juice can over the disgrace who currently occupies the whitehouse.
No, I voted for a MAN, yea a MAN (not a God though he looks more like it than the pictures of that whiteman that ya'll call jesus), but none the less a MAN that was best equipt to lead america into this new direction/era were heading into. Before the election I told everybody on topix that america was in transition. Barack Obama is just the 1st representation of that transition. America is the land of the free & through freedom breeds evolution. If your forefathers were futuristic enough to write the constitution, why they couldn't see that over time a nation of immigrants also breeds evolution (less white influence)? You keep blatantly skipping over the fact that the constitution was written by a bunch of slave owning racist in a time of slavery, so how can it not be biased in favor of the white race ? Obama speaks equality proven through his actions. This is why he's hell bent on taxing the rich whom ya'll call successful. I guess one would be successful in a 1 sided fight tilted towards the ancestors & leaders of the ugliest time in americas short history. If this nation will fall, it will be because of backdoor deals & greed of the elite (entitled white folk) that refuse to move out of the unequal times of the past. See bra, you cant just read history. You have to also have a grip on reality or you'll still be believing Christopher Columbus found America.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#817541 Dec 6, 2012
Day 4 Operation Homer Betrayed.

Operation has ended, guilty party has fessed up and apologized.

Because we are in the holiday season I have given this person a stern warning and a pass.

Homer is after all only human.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#817542 Dec 6, 2012
DE DEBIL wrote:
DEAR CAROL,
I'M SORRY I CAN'T BRING YOU THE PONY YOU'VE WANTED FOR THE LAST 57 YEARS. I'M ALSO SORRY I CAN'T BRING YOU THE MORMON YOU WERE AFTER EITHER. I'M SORRY THERE'S NO MAKE-UP KITS LEFT, AND WE'RE ALL OUT OF NORDIC-TRACKS THIS YEAR TOO. I'M SORRY WE CAN'T BEING YOU A MAN AGAIN, ALL OUT. I'M REALLY SORRY, CAROL, KEEP YOUR CHIN UP AND YOUR EYES CLOSED.
SANTA
This new 'DA DEBIL' seems more apologetic and thoughtful than the older version 'THE DEBIL'.

Homer misses the old DEBIL.
Jane Says

New York, NY

#817543 Dec 6, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Think you're supposed to have some promises kept before winning again on nothing but broken promises.
That's usually the way it works anyway. But we're not in Kansas anymore.
It doesn't feel like we're in America anymore. Equal opportunity has been replaced with Guaranteed Outcome to be "fair."
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#817544 Dec 6, 2012
DA DEBIL, DE DEBIL, tomato, tomahto
Jane Says

New York, NY

#817545 Dec 6, 2012
new yawk wrote:
<quoted text>
Jane?
Touch my swamp.
Obsess much?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#817546 Dec 6, 2012
Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>It doesn't feel like we're in America anymore. Equal opportunity has been replaced with Guaranteed Outcome to be "fair."
Example(s)? Please present facts, not opinion.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#817547 Dec 6, 2012
Obama, Democrats on top again in latest poll on ‘fiscal cliff’ crisis

Another national poll is out Thursday that shows Democrats winning the battle of perception on the "fiscal cliff" crisis.

Fifty-three percent of registered voters told Quinnipiac University's Polling Institute that they believe the president and his party will make a "good-faith effort to cooperate with the Republicans" to avoid the fiscal cliff—the series of automatic spending cuts and tax increases set to go into effect Jan. 1. Thirty-eight percent of respondents disagreed with that statement.

Respondents by a wider margin—53 to 36 percent—said they trusted the president and Democrats more than Republicans to avoid the fiscal cliff.

The poll's margin of error was plus or minus 2.2 percentage points.

Quinnipiac's findings follow a survey released this week by The Washington Post and the Pew Research Center that found Americans were more likely to blame Republicans than Democrats if Congress failed to reach a deal to avoid the fiscal cliff.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/poll-publi...

Even with Fox News championing their every move Republicans still cannot get a break.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#817548 Dec 6, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Today's Q poll shows Obama approval rating at 53%, the highest it's been in over 3 years. Also the public trusts the Dems to solve the fiscal cliff problem over the Reps by a wide (18pt) margin.
The German people thought Hitler was a good idea too. All that poll proves is sheep will follow the sheppard.
carol

Orlando, FL

#817549 Dec 6, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>This new 'DA DEBIL' seems more apologetic and thoughtful than the older version 'THE DEBIL'.
Homer misses the old DEBIL.
You prefer perverted DEBIL?

I'm afraid that means you can't be my topix BFF anymore.

And here I was just thinking it seems things are beginning to unravel more and more. Any resemblence of a once tightly woven moral fiber, I mean.

Homer likes presidents who support partial birth abortions and perverted posters.

What a very sad day.
carol

Orlando, FL

#817550 Dec 6, 2012
Homer wrote:
Obama, Democrats on top again in latest poll on ‘fiscal cliff’ crisis
Another national poll is out Thursday that shows Democrats winning the battle of perception on the "fiscal cliff" crisis.
Fifty-three percent of registered voters told Quinnipiac University's Polling Institute that they believe the president and his party will make a "good-faith effort to cooperate with the Republicans" to avoid the fiscal cliff—the series of automatic spending cuts and tax increases set to go into effect Jan. 1. Thirty-eight percent of respondents disagreed with that statement.
Respondents by a wider margin—53 to 36 percent—said they trusted the president and Democrats more than Republicans to avoid the fiscal cliff.
The poll's margin of error was plus or minus 2.2 percentage points.
Quinnipiac's findings follow a survey released this week by The Washington Post and the Pew Research Center that found Americans were more likely to blame Republicans than Democrats if Congress failed to reach a deal to avoid the fiscal cliff.
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/poll-publi...
Even with Fox News championing their every move Republicans still cannot get a break.
The same people who voted for Obama are going to blame Republicans more than Democrats if we go over the cliff?

Shocking....

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#817551 Dec 6, 2012
Attention Progressives and Liberals!

You're needed here:

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/2012-presiden ...

No one is defending Councilwoman Watson's plea for Obama to bail out Detroit.
carol

Orlando, FL

#817552 Dec 6, 2012
Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>It doesn't feel like we're in America anymore. Equal opportunity has been replaced with Guaranteed Outcome to be "fair."
No winners or losers either. A politically correct no-no. Everybody wins. Nobody loses.

Nobody tries to win. Nobody cares if they lose.

Welcome to the new fundamentally transformed America.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#817558 Dec 6, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> The German people thought Hitler was a good idea too. All that poll proves is sheep will follow the sheppard.
Not really, Hitler never got more than 37% of the popular vote.
Jane Says

New York, NY

#817559 Dec 6, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Example(s)? Please present facts, not opinion.
every teleprompter moment where Obama mumbles about "fairness."
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#817560 Dec 6, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The same people who voted for Obama are going to blame Republicans more than Democrats if we go over the cliff?
Shocking....
You are suggesting they only polled Obama voters?
carol

Orlando, FL

#817562 Dec 6, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Spoken by a person who thinks there is only one government. My property taxes pay for those buses. My gas taxes pay for those roads. The defense of this country is in the constitution. You should read it sometime. ALL THIS OTHER BS IS NOT. Return to the constitution and put the power back in the hands of the people and the states. Cut out all the other bs.
They can't help themselves. The bombardment of propaganda by Team Obama Cheerleaders and brainwashing by power hungry weasels who can't make any decisions but blame anyone else who does is too ingrained.

They swallowed the line that government is a separate entity disconnected from the people. It's because Obama thinks that.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#817563 Dec 6, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
You prefer perverted DEBIL?
I'm afraid that means you can't be my topix BFF anymore.
And here I was just thinking it seems things are beginning to unravel more and more. Any resemblence of a once tightly woven moral fiber, I mean.
Homer likes presidents who support partial birth abortions and perverted posters.
What a very sad day.
DEBIL replaced you as my topix BFF a couple weeks ago when you fell off the fiscal cliff and lost your sanity.
carol

Orlando, FL

#817564 Dec 6, 2012
new yawk wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a loser.
Your party lost.
Now you are a whiner and a liar.
You haven't been in a few public schools lately.

Many now practice the no winner/no loser "fair" approach.
carol

Orlando, FL

#817565 Dec 6, 2012
new yawk wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you think your husband was perverted when he courted you?
Only an adolescent would post something like that.

You just waved your sign.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 min Earthling-1 48,535
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 56 min wojar 180,819
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr JOEL 70,614
IBM certification C2010-658 exam training mater... 3 hr Harryexam 1
Exam C2090-310 braindumps 3 hr Harryexam 1
The latest IBM C2150-201 Exam free download 3 hr Harryexam 1
Exam C2150-202 questions and answers 3 hr Harryexam 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 9 hr edogxxx 98,685
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago