Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Read more
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#817490 Dec 6, 2012
The Taliban are regaining land and power lost after they were toppled by U.S.-backed forces in 2001. Meanwhile, Karzai has gone from being a favorite of Washington under the presidency of George W. Bush, to a thorn in the White House's side with his criticism of American night raids and mounting civilian casualties at the hands of NATO troops. Many in Washington have also grown weary of Karzai, viewing him as ineffective and presiding over a deeply corrupt government.

In 2010, the country received $6.4 billion in official development assistance, representing more than 40 percent of its gross domestic product, according to humanitarian news site AlertNet. Two-thirds of the funds aren't channeled through the government because of concerns about corruption and the government's ability to use the money properly, AlertNet added....

Abawi, A. US, NATO behind 'insecurity' in Afghanistan, KATZAI says. NBCNews. 12/6/2012.

Duhhhhhhhhhh....

The T(axed) E(nough) A(lready drained dry)Party

CAP, CURB, BUDGET and Cut the Foreign Aid to cutthroats and get back to governing AMERICA again!

Welcome to OUR geneRATIONAL realities!
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#817491 Dec 6, 2012
Realtime wrote:
Fastasyland expansion opens in 2 hours at WDW. Seven years in the planning and building it's said to be extraordinary even by Disney's standard.
The restaurant is already taking dinner reservations for March.
The economy is not affecting Orlando's theme parks.
Ariel has a new grotto and even skimpier outfits. Oh My!
and Nativity scenes are being "allowed" back in public in California!!!

GOD bless America!

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#817492 Dec 6, 2012
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you say:
"... very poor people making around $100K..."
You are saying people that make six figures are poor?
Try to keep up.

The person to whom I responded with my post indicated that the change in dividend taxation would cause great hardship to those who depended on dividends to live.

I pointed out that those who make under 100k gross likely would pay less taxes on their dividends.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#817493 Dec 6, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
GOD bless America!
Thank God. We would have all gone to Hell in a hand basket if we couldn't have a plastic Jesus on public display to look at as we ran each other over on the way to the Midnight Madness sale at Target.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#817494 Dec 6, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>
“I cannot in good conscience support a tax cut in which so many of the benefits go to the most fortunate among us,” McCain said in 2001.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/ruth-m ...
McCain is a progressive loser.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#817495 Dec 6, 2012
Grassroots? Dick Armey’s $8 Million Payout

Being a patriot has never been so profitable.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/grassr...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#817496 Dec 6, 2012
Poll: Americans Trust Obama, Dems On Fiscal Cliff By Big Margins

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/p...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#817497 Dec 6, 2012
By a wide margin, American voters oppose lawmakers signing a pledge not to raise taxes on the wealthy, according to a Quinnipiac University poll released Thursday. By 85 percent to 10 percent, voters say it's a bad idea to "sign a pledge to an anti-tax group to never raise taxes on corporations or the wealthy." Republicans oppose doing so by a similar margin of 77 percent to 15 percent.

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/p...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#817498 Dec 6, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> McCain is a progressive loser.
Everyone is a loser to you! But anyway, this was funny:

John McCain teasingly refers to John Kerry as "Mr. Secretary" ... and Kerry offers a pretty good comeback, calling McCain "Mr. President":

"this is what happens when you get two losers up here"

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/12/03/1166...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#817499 Dec 6, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank God. We would have all gone to Hell in a hand basket if we couldn't have a plastic Jesus on public display to look at as we ran each other over on the way to the Midnight Madness sale at Target.
LOL! Just like the traditional Thanksgiving "invite your friends over for a delicious dinner, then kill them and steal their land"
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#817500 Dec 6, 2012
<quoted text>
GOD bless America!
They're made in China. Time to go to bed.
carol

Orlando, FL

#817501 Dec 6, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol doesn't get it.
The top 2% pay that much because their share of the income is that much and Carol doesn't see the problem with the rich getting richer & the middle class shrinking & the poor getting poorer.
Carol wants to tax the poor more & give tax breaks to the rich.
We have been experiencing redistribution of wealth for decades. And idiot right whiners don't get it as they want policies that push that redistribution in this direction.
The poor are not only getting poorer but the poverty rate has risen under Obama and more are becoming poor. How will more government spending and taking more from the successful going to change that?

How will a $16 trillion deficit that is climbing to $20 trillion help anyone? How can maintaining the status quo without major reforms or major cuts make a difference to the growing poverty level?

Government can't make people do what they don't want to do - get an education, stay off drugs and addiction and try and become self-reliant.

We've spent millions on the War on Poverty for four or five decades. Nothing has changed - except it's gotten worse.

Dragging the entire country down isn't the solution. When Obamacare kicks in, no one will be exempt from the rising costs. If Obama's plan isn't the right one, it will happen even sooner.

Why do you think Obama's plan - more spending, minimal cuts and giving himself carte blanche on raising the debt ceiling without Congress' approval - the right one? Do you think the rising costs of Obamacare is going to help the middle class and the poor?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#817502 Dec 6, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone is a loser to you! But anyway, this was funny:
John McCain teasingly refers to John Kerry as "Mr. Secretary" ... and Kerry offers a pretty good comeback, calling McCain "Mr. President":
"this is what happens when you get two losers up here"
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/12/03/1166...
Just about. Time to get rid of the career politicians. Put some real people up there.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#817503 Dec 6, 2012
Jon Stewart: Have Republicans Hit 'Rock Bottom' With Failed United Nations Disability Treaty?

"It's official. Republicans hate the United Nations more than they like helping people in wheelchairs."

But there's hope. If this is rock bottom, there's nowhere to go but up, right?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/06/jon-...
proud2bwhite

Lockport, IL

#817504 Dec 6, 2012
Nj raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> You sound stupid! I won't call you stupid cause I don't know you like that, but you sound real dumb! I voted off facts, real facts unlike you voting for romney. You voted for hope because romney had no track record to run on. Governing a democratic state only proves that it was'nt him, but the democrats that actually ran the state. Proof is nothing statistically changed since he left. So in reality your like a kid watching television, hit wit subliminal messages your brain was too dumb to catch. More proof, romney couldn't even his parties nomination 4yrs ago against old ass mccain & a democratic challenger who was new on the scene. Thats what you have a brain for bra, THINK BEFORE YOU OPEN YO MOUTH! That all evidence of YOU being a republican drone!
you voted for a man that hates this nation with a record of failure and decite. He should be removed from ofice in chains and tried for treason. Romney was not my first choice but honestly I would have voted for an empty orange juice can over the disgrace who currently occupies the whitehouse.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#817505 Dec 6, 2012
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
Geithner: "Absolutely" ready to go over "cliff"
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-34222_162-5755740...
We hope they do. Maybe the Republicans will show some intestinal fortitude, and call Geithner and Obama out. Geithner can't wipe his nose, as well as other parts of his anatomy, without permission the The Lord High Obama. So call their bluff.
Nj raider 1

United States

#817506 Dec 6, 2012
<quoted text>
You LOST after your first sentence.
There's YOUR sign..........
Clever comeback from a loser that can't dispute the evidence. WE CALL THE BOWING OUT GRACEFULLY!!7

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#817507 Dec 6, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Just about. Time to get rid of the career politicians. Put some real people up there.
What else can John F'n Kerry do? I've said it before, Cut their pensions off. Go to Washington, serve, and return home to live under the laws you passed.
Nj raider 1

United States

#817509 Dec 6, 2012
proud2bwhite wrote:
<quoted text>you voted for a man that hates this nation with a record of failure and decite. He should be removed from ofice in chains and tried for treason. Romney was not my first choice but honestly I would have voted for an empty orange juice can over the disgrace who currently occupies the whitehouse.
You have too much white pride which turns out to be a huge flaw. Most of those old white men at least the republicans turned out to be not a good fit for the position of Commander & chief. You let hate blind you from reality.In thee real world Obama's saved this country from bush's devastation. In your world you think if you say something enough, it will eventually come true. Could ves further from the truth cause romney still lost.lol!

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#817510 Dec 6, 2012
proud2bwhite wrote:
<quoted text>you voted for a man that hates this nation with a record of failure and decite. He should be removed from ofice in chains and tried for treason. Romney was not my first choice but honestly I would have voted for an empty orange juice can over the disgrace who currently occupies the whitehouse.
"decite" in "ofice"??? Even flack could spot you for a "die in wool" idiot, Sam.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 min Patriot AKA Bozo 52,279
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Rogue Scholar 05 185,850
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 3 hr Red_Forman 823
Abby 3-28-15 7 hr RACE 2
Ask Amy 3-28-15 7 hr RACE 2
News Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband (Jun '08) 7 hr FFS- 54,567
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 8 hr Katie Sullivan 99,302
Amy 3-26 8 hr RACE 60
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance