Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
754,841 - 754,860 of 1,098,973 Comments Last updated 7 min ago
child of god

Coshocton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#816969
Dec 5, 2012
 

Judged:

1

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Dick has to be the most unsightly man on tv. Dick and Rove together is like a double dose of ugly.
you are a mindless heathen who supports evil, repent you're evil ways and ask God for forgiveness.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#816970
Dec 5, 2012
 
Conservatives Actually Suck at This

John Boehner can do whatever the heck he wants to. The GOP could be making the argument that the White House has offered nothing on spending and the American people want spending cuts as much as they are okay with tax increases, but instead John Boehner will publicly negotiate with himself.

And he can. He can throw conservatives off fiscal committees without consequence.

Conservatives can complain, moan, wail, and scream all they want. They can call for third parties or no parties or sit at home.

It doesn’t really matter. Conservatives suck at this and the leadership knows it.

Leaders of both parties only pay attention to money and serious primary challengers. They have the money advantage. As for conservative primary challengers, conservatives have put up quite a few, but most are terrible, few win, and even fewer win the general election. Conservatives have done better on the Senate side, but some of the folks tea party groups and others stood up to challenge incumbents on the House side were downright embarrassing.

That last bit just turns people off. There’s no sense in putting up primary challengers if they don’t have a shot to actually win. Eventually the bulk of Republican voters will get worn out and go back. In the meantime, the leaders are still leaders and have effective scapegoats to blame.....

Conservatives are either going to hang together or separately. Right now they are getting played because Boehner, McConnell, and the like are sure the conservative movement has become a paper tiger. And, to be honest, conservatives have shown them this is true.

http://www.redstate.com/2012/12/05/conservati...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#816971
Dec 5, 2012
 
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Well what we have now isn't working. In fact it's making things much worse. Next year is going to be a total disaster. Merry Christmas!
Unless and until we have true campaign finance reform and our elected officials must spend most of their time begging for money from corporations; the tax code will not be reformed.
Let the disaster happen.
Merry Christmas to you too!

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#816972
Dec 5, 2012
 
flack wrote:
200 major corporations are prepaying 1st quarter dividends before January 1. Major layoffs announcements expected by the end of the year.
You think the last three springs were bad wait till next year. 9.5% plus unemployment (really around 15%). More layoffs. Downward spiral. Point of no return.
Agree.
http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.t15.ht...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#816975
Dec 5, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Where Have You Gone, Bill Buckley?

IT is a shame that William F. Buckley Jr. passed away in 2008. The conservative movement could use him — or someone like him — right now.

In the 1960s, Buckley, largely through his position at the helm of National Review, displayed political courage and sanity by taking on the John Birch Society, an influential anti-Communist group whose members saw conspiracies everywhere they looked.

Fast forward half a century. The modern-day Birchers are the Tea Party. By loudly espousing extreme rhetoric, yet holding untenable beliefs, they have run virtually unchallenged by the Republican leadership, aided by irresponsible radio talk-show hosts and right-wing pundits. While the Tea Party grew, respected moderate voices in the party were further pushed toward extinction. Republicans need a Buckley to bring us back.....

The absence of a Buckley-esque gatekeeper today has allowed extreme, untested candidates to take center stage and then commit predictable gaffes and issue moon-bat pronouncements. Democrats have used those statements to tarnish the Republican Party as anti-woman, anti-poor, anti-gay, anti-immigrant extremists. Buckley’s conservative pragmatism has been lost, along with the presidency and seats in Congress.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/04/opinion/whe...

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#816976
Dec 5, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that mouth is abhorent. Did you read that Sanitorium got a job writing for World Nut Daily?
Classic!!
It's where he belongs, the parallel universe. Fitting.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#816977
Dec 5, 2012
 
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Have to give credit where credit's due. You're absolutely correct, voting for either Cain, Newt, or Trump for President would have required no brain at all.
Fabulous!

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#816978
Dec 5, 2012
 
flack wrote:
FairTax.org to solve this countries problems once and for all!
Agtee.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#816979
Dec 5, 2012
 

Judged:

2

child of god wrote:
<quoted text>you are a mindless heathen who supports evil, repent you're evil ways and ask God for forgiveness.
Do you wear fishnets?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#816980
Dec 5, 2012
 
OzRitz wrote:
Just incase those righties were wondering how their right wing bro's are doing the other side of the world. Here is the latest rankings in prosperity of countries around the world. Notice how those commie Canadian's are doing in the list in fact over double the US economic performance. In the top twenty ranked only a about 2% are conservative Governments.
Makes you wonder how the rest have got it so wrong.
http://www.prosperity.com/Ranking.aspx
Canada has a Conservative government and, unlike the US, is encouraging domestic oil development.
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#816981
Dec 5, 2012
 
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Dick has to be the most unsightly man on tv. Dick and Rove together is like a double dose of ugly.
No ugly is Shultz, Pelosi, Hillary now that’s Ugly!!!
Homer

Effort, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#816982
Dec 5, 2012
 
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
What happened?
I passed along some information in strict confidence, that information was passed along to a 3rd party which could have ruined Homer.

Fortunately my quick thinking and fast talking diffused the situation.
child of god

Coshocton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#816983
Dec 5, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you wear fishnets?
no,I wear a cross.

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#816984
Dec 5, 2012
 
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that mouth is abhorent. Did you read that Sanitorium got a job writing for World Nut Daily?
Classic!!
Did you see where Ted Nugent wants to take away a person's fundamental Constitutional right because they're poor? Words of wisdom from a draft dodging patriot! Thought he promised to be either dead or in jail right about now. What's he waiting for?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#816985
Dec 5, 2012
 

Judged:

1

yepperz wrote:
<quoted text>
Smarmy is a good word.
One of my favorites, I used it as a screen name for a while but stopped because I wasn't doing the word justice.

Perfect for Dick Morris though.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#816986
Dec 5, 2012
 
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
No, absolutely not--any one that would think that is inept and lacking in the reality realms of thought as well.
Personally, I've never witnessed such direct breaches of the Constitution, as seen in some of antics of the past four years.
The Constitution is a governing document
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#816987
Dec 5, 2012
 
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I passed along some information in strict confidence, that information was passed along to a 3rd party which could have ruined Homer.
Fortunately my quick thinking and fast talking diffused the situation.
On here?
Homer

Effort, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#816988
Dec 5, 2012
 

Judged:

1

sonicfilter wrote:
Where Have You Gone, Bill Buckley?
IT is a shame that William F. Buckley Jr. passed away in 2008. The conservative movement could use him — or someone like him — right now.
In the 1960s, Buckley, largely through his position at the helm of National Review, displayed political courage and sanity by taking on the John Birch Society, an influential anti-Communist group whose members saw conspiracies everywhere they looked.
Fast forward half a century. The modern-day Birchers are the Tea Party. By loudly espousing extreme rhetoric, yet holding untenable beliefs, they have run virtually unchallenged by the Republican leadership, aided by irresponsible radio talk-show hosts and right-wing pundits. While the Tea Party grew, respected moderate voices in the party were further pushed toward extinction. Republicans need a Buckley to bring us back.....
The absence of a Buckley-esque gatekeeper today has allowed extreme, untested candidates to take center stage and then commit predictable gaffes and issue moon-bat pronouncements. Democrats have used those statements to tarnish the Republican Party as anti-woman, anti-poor, anti-gay, anti-immigrant extremists. Buckley’s conservative pragmatism has been lost, along with the presidency and seats in Congress.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/04/opinion/whe...
Wow, brilliant piece. Nailed it.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#816989
Dec 5, 2012
 
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually stupid, the Making Work Pay Tax Credit was a major part of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 and did put extra money into workers pockets.
Do you honestly think that your "creative" spelling makes you look clever? It doesn't it makes you look like your intellectual development stalled at fourteen years old.
A meaningless wealth redistribution program that accomplished nothing, an additional short-term rebate.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#816990
Dec 5, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Libertarianism and right-wing stupid are polar opposites. Your confusion over the issue is completely understandable since there are so many stupid right-wingers who think they're libertarian. To illustrate however, you won't find banning abortion, opposition to gay marriage, supporting US imperialism, or endorsement for the "war" on drugs or immigration coming from any legitimate libertarian source. All of those positions and many many more are antithetical to the libertarian philosophy.
Therefore Ron Paul and his son are not libertarians.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••