Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
child of god

Coshocton, OH

#816905 Dec 5, 2012
Contrary to democrats beleifs , Jesus is our savior not obama.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#816908 Dec 5, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt is making some very good arguments but you still can't manage to get it. You're welcome to preach PREVENTION all you want, its when you want the government to enforce your "moral" convictions that you run afoul of small government types.
I am not of the partay preaching for handouts for personal responsibility!!!!

My opinion is-pro-CHOICE---but help PAY for your CHOICES AND mistakes YOURSELVES, greedy, givverment dependent, lazy ass babymamma slackerTICS.

(I am NOT very nice when it comes to this kind of thing-because I have ALWAYS-WALKED the WALK...IE: for REAL-NOT phony hypocricy... of my own opinions!!!!!!!!!!
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#816909 Dec 5, 2012
Nj raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Again, no facts, just blah, blah, blah, & opinions. In no way has Obama stuck it to the middle class since he's came in office 4yrs ago. Everything he's done was to help the middle & lower classes. Ya'll news to stop trying to mix biblical prophecy with reality.
Obamacare i it's current form= THEIVERY-TAX AND FINE AND Screw some more-- the Uninsured, brokeback lower wage WORKING classes.

SHAMEFUL!!!!!!!!!!
Homer

Effort, PA

#816910 Dec 5, 2012
Day 3 of operation Homer Betrayed.

The suspect list has been narrowed down to 2.

One of them shared private information with a 3rd party aka 'The Enemy'.

Once the suspect list is narrowed down to 1 look out.

Oh and good morning jackwagons.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#816911 Dec 5, 2012
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you. The Republican party problem is that, just as the Democrat party, there are too many extremists with too much power in their respective parties.
I have no problem with individuals pursuing whatever endeavors that they like as long as it does not interfere with the freedoms of others or look to others to fund these endeavors. However it seems more and more frequent that we as taxpayers are being requested to fund such things.
AMEN!!!
child of god

Coshocton, OH

#816912 Dec 5, 2012
Obama is the spawn of satan.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#816913 Dec 5, 2012
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually stupid, the Making Work Pay Tax Credit was a major part of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 and did put extra money into workers pockets.
Do you honestly think that your "creative" spelling makes you look clever? It doesn't it makes you look like your intellectual development stalled at fourteen years old.
And that flipping miniscule, almost myopic reduction is part of what you idiots want to repeal no doubt.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#816914 Dec 5, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
So are you saying you, too, like RealDave, believe Obama and the health care monstrosity won't cost the taxpayers one thin dime?
Because that's the journey to which I was referring. Of course, RealDave believes it's already paid for.
Please tell me you've gone further than that.
Look Carol,

The ACA is paid for through a series of taxes & savings.

Some tax payers will pay some of these taxes & some will not be affected. For example, a tax was added to investment income over a certain threshold.

The point I am making is that this bill does not add to the debt.

Part D was passed by Republicans with about 80% of it adding to the deficit.

Tax payers pay for everything the government does. So running in circles screaming how the ACA is costing taxpayers money is extremely stupid. The added costs due to the ACA are funded.
Nj raider 1

United States

#816915 Dec 5, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
THIEVERY==NOTHING BUT MORE THIEVERY OFF the WORKING class peoples backs!!!!!!!!!!
SHAMEFUL
(and SPARE us Your zealot FREAKISH extremist hate of religion-it has NOTHING to do with ANYTHING economically!!!)
1st of all I dont hate religion! I'm the son of a preacher who was the son of a preacher & not only probably know more about the bible than you. The problem is you say 1 has nothing to do with the other which it shouldn't, but you right wingers tend to call Obama muslim. & if he was then what? Freedom of religion yet ya'll panic in the wake of something you don't understand. I could care less if he was muslim. He's proven hew is here to do the will of the people. & don't sit here & act like you & your brethren don't try to link President Obama & the end time prophecies. Ya'll dont call him the antichrist & everything. Boy Messiah, what more proof do I need? & again show me some proof & not right wing journalism that proves that obamacare is bad for the middle & lower classes!
Homer

Effort, PA

#816916 Dec 5, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
I have to uncomfortably share this with the group:
"Put more simply, this theory asserts that conservatives are less likely than liberals to engage in cognitive reflection and effortful systematic reasoning. Consequently, while liberals evaluate information with the aim of developing useful public policies, fearful, mule-stubborn conservatives will dismiss discomforting scientific facts and spend their time just “standing athwart history yelling stop.”
http://reason.com/archives/2012/12/04/often-w...
"standing athwart history yelling stop."
That's brilliant.
Its discomforting because I'm as guilty of this as Carol et. al. are guilty of the above:
"The third theory investigated in this study is what Kahan calls the expressive rationality thesis. In this case, beliefs about issues like the riskiness of climate change or nuclear power constitute part of what it means for people to belong to specific groups. Shared beliefs form part of their identities. People assess new information so that their conclusions signal their trustworthiness and loyalty to social groups with which they identify and to which they wish to be connected. The upshot is that people go along in order to get along with members of the social groups that they believe will benefit them."
I'm guilty of finding a libertarian rationale against just about anything the right holds dear.
Go ahead, try me ;-)
Bah, Homer could have written this report using the subjects and data within this thread. Did this guy get paid to write this?
Homer

Effort, PA

#816917 Dec 5, 2012
<quoted text>
Obamacare i it's current form= THEIVERY-TAX AND FINE AND Screw some more-- the Uninsured, brokeback lower wage WORKING classes.
SHAMEFUL!!!!!!!!!!
I've never seen someone slip off the edge of sanity right before my eyes, Homer is intrigued by this.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#816918 Dec 5, 2012
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
What handouts you goddamned liar? Aid to education? Access to healthcare? Safe and efficient infrastructure? You know, all the things that make a country strong.
Romney however wanted to give handouts to the rich by cutting taxes on investment income and eliminating the estate tax that only affects only estates in excess of $5.1 million.
You're an idiot.
Adn wy in fuhell would ones like you want to cut the previous tax credits?????????/ Talk about STUPID.

CAP and CURB credits-along with entitleMENTS of the UNEARNED kind as well!!!!!!!!!!

And quit wasting time and dollars on USELESS, already tried energy DEFUNCTED businesses-and get BACK to what WORKS.

LESS EPA stangulation and/or MORE subsidizing what is proven to WORK (NOT FAIL) and MORE EYES on human killing bacteria WAY too much big PHARMA of way too LITTLE regulations!

SHAMEFUL!!!!!!!!!!
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#816919 Dec 5, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Bah, Homer could have written this report using the subjects and data within this thread. Did this guy get paid to write this?
Man I gotza a few bills fer yew too if THAT's the case Homer LOL.

(and dayum-- by the time yew pay me interest lol.....)
child of god

Coshocton, OH

#816920 Dec 5, 2012
Obama supports
The killing of children
Deviant sex
Slavery
Theft
And all that is moral.
Obama is antichrist

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#816921 Dec 5, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
"Put more simply, this theory asserts that conservatives are less likely than liberals to engage in cognitive reflection and effortful systematic reasoning. Consequently, while liberals evaluate information with the aim of developing useful public policies, fearful, mule-stubborn conservatives will dismiss discomforting scientific facts and spend their time just “standing athwart history yelling stop.”
That's brilliant.
Its discomforting because I'm as guilty of this as Carol et. al. are guilty of the above:
"The third theory investigated in this study is what Kahan calls the expressive rationality thesis. In this case, beliefs about issues like the riskiness of climate change or nuclear power constitute part of what it means for people to belong to specific groups. Shared beliefs form part of their identities. People assess new information so that their conclusions signal their trustworthiness and loyalty to social groups with which they identify and to which they wish to be connected. The upshot is that people go along in order to get along with members of the social groups that they believe will benefit them."
I'm guilty of finding a libertarian rationale against just about anything the right holds dear.
Go ahead, try me ;-)
Where did this screed originate? Something Leo penned in her spare time. Between indoctrinating her young charges with the one-for-all and all for one philosophy?
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#816922 Dec 5, 2012
Nj raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> 1st of all I dont hate religion! I'm the son of a preacher who was the son of a preacher & not only probably know more about the bible than you. The problem is you say 1 has nothing to do with the other which it shouldn't, but you right wingers tend to call Obama muslim. & if he was then what? Freedom of religion yet ya'll panic in the wake of something you don't understand. I could care less if he was muslim. He's proven hew is here to do the will of the people. & don't sit here & act like you & your brethren don't try to link President Obama & the end time prophecies. Ya'll dont call him the antichrist & everything. Boy Messiah, what more proof do I need? & again show me some proof & not right wing journalism that proves that obamacare is bad for the middle & lower classes!
You haven't seen me label him anything...because voting for a POTUS is NOT voting for a preacher (unlike SOME of the freakish dolts that cannot fathom that here in the US, people CAN and DO seperate their religious affiliations from their work related ones)

He's just another Hienz 57 stater, who apparently does not see the rational or logic in showing educational records for SOME reason or another (ESPECIALLY if anyone started college at 16) in my book.

Now, when want to switch gears from the LAMEbrainless modes of just mere phat crayon kindergarten level personal assaults on people, to discussing on higher thinking levels, ISSUES, such as the economy, FOREIGN POLICY and the likes, do feel free to chime in.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#816923 Dec 5, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I've never seen someone slip off the edge of sanity right before my eyes, Homer is intrigued by this.
I know, genuineness, rather than political suck and pander, is a RARE thing now a days.

Trust me Homer, I (and ones like myself) pay the price for being truly DECENT, Moral and ethical every day.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#816924 Dec 5, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
That's brilliant.
Go ahead, try me ;-)
Ha!

Redemption (from the above article):

"Kahan notes in passing that social psychological research has found that political independents and libertarians score better on the cognitive reflection than do liberals or conservatives "
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#816925 Dec 5, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Look Carol,
The ACA is paid for through a series of taxes & savings.
Some tax payers will pay some of these taxes & some will not be affected. For example, a tax was added to investment income over a certain threshold.
The point I am making is that this bill does not add to the debt.
Part D was passed by Republicans with about 80% of it adding to the deficit.
Tax payers pay for everything the government does. So running in circles screaming how the ACA is costing taxpayers money is extremely stupid. The added costs due to the ACA are funded.
Duh A Vey-

STUPId are the ones that are so damn ignorant, tey have no CLUE, that SOMe people CONTRIBUTE EXTRA each month-- to programs like the above mentioned--and that any benfits incurred from doing such are NOT "FWEE"--they are PAID for via monthly CONTRIBUTION.

THAT is STUPID (and IGNORANT).

and Carol is NOT one of those--living in UNREALITY.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#816926 Dec 5, 2012
<quoted text>
It's MORE robbing via TAXATION the already UNISURED/beleagured lower wage working classes-and it's WRONG-WRONG WRONG WRONG--and they should be ASHAMED of themselves!!!!
CAPPING the flipping givverment programs-ESPECIALLY the WELFARE for fweeriding slackerTICS, would probably SAVE more in REDUCING costs than any amount of taxation in this rotten , OVER burden from freeriding ABUSES economy.
SHAME on them!!
If all you do is regurgitate stupid Fox/GOP talking points don't bother.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 15 min LRS 178,054
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 17 min LessHypeMoreFact 46,667
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 23 min Scott 49,839
Amy 9-18 32 min pde 25
Word (Dec '08) 35 min andet1987 4,713
A short math question. I will reply with answer... 3 hr MalignantNarcissi... 5
Antarctic Ice Sheet Largest by Far in 25 Years 3 hr ThisWhatAlGorpMeant 4
Amy 9-16 4 hr ralph 58
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr billyh 98,228
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••