Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1278185 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Lincoln Duncan

United States

#817262 Dec 5, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because two men believe so strongly in the sanctity of life that they misspoke in the case of rape doesn't merit the tizzy you libs have worked yourselves into.
How many democrats ran for office who believe in partial birth abortion and killing a baby as it's coming out of the birth canal?
Besides this president?
"We're going to have to see the rates on the top 2 percent go up. And we're not going to be able to get a deal without it.:
President Obama

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#817263 Dec 5, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are looking for one thing to cut to get this, right?
One thing? Lol do you ever quit posting stupid remarks?
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#817264 Dec 5, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
You're still wrong with respect to individual stocks.
Most 401(k) assets are in mutual funds. Most individual stock holdings by the middle class are outside retirement plans.
Anybody who has the "vast majority" of their savings in retirement plans lacks the proper balance in their investment program.
Explain
carol

Orlando, FL

#817265 Dec 5, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
He appeared in ads after the statements were made.
His campaign supported him.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-34222_162-5753943...
From the same article you posted:

"Gov. Romney disagrees with Richard Mourdock, and Mr. Mourdock's comments do not reflect Gov. Romney's views. We disagree on the policy regarding exceptions for rape and incest but still support him," said Romney spokesperson Andrea Saul.

MSNBC wrote an article with the headline:

"Mitt sprints away from Mourdock after pregnancy-rape remark"

http://tv.msnbc.com/2012/10/24/mitt-romney-sp...

A segment from that article read:

"Republican Presidential Candidate, Mitt Romney, recently cut a RARE ad for the Indiana Republican (Mourdock) endorsing his candidacy which begins airing this week in the Hoosier State."

So, apparently, if Romney was "sprinting", the ad was made before the comment.

Those kind of details get lost in the propaganda shuffle by The Obama Team Cheerleaders.
THE DEBIL

Cairo, Egypt

#817266 Dec 5, 2012
WHEN DISCRETION BECOMES THE SOUL OF WIT
THE WORLD ENDURES MORE USELESS SHIT

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#817267 Dec 5, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
You're still wrong with respect to individual stocks.
Most 401(k) assets are in mutual funds. Most individual stock holdings by the middle class are outside retirement plans.
Anybody who has the "vast majority" of their savings in retirement plans lacks the proper balance in their investment program.
The percentage of americans who own stock outside of 401k is something like 46%. That includes the "1%". It used to be in the 50%+ range before the recession.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#817268 Dec 5, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Homer's been around, I've been saying this forever. I think rescinding the tax cuts and cutting spending should go hand in hand.
I agree, but the bigger fish is spending and that should be the focus first.
carol

Orlando, FL

#817269 Dec 5, 2012
Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney had problems with Ryan's stand on abortion?
Rape candidates for the senate were provided by the tea party.
Libertarians in your party,eg: John Galt, may not support your party platform on abortion?
Romney was suppose to carry Florida according to Ras'msn and other polls as well as the assurances of the commentators on fox news.
Your party may be running out of old while men?
Peace
Mourdock attempted to clarify his comments in a press conference Wednesday morning, emphasizing "regret" that his comments were misinterpreted but standing by the essential nature of his remarks:

"I said life is precious. I believe life is precious. I believe rape is a brutal act. It is something that I abhor. And that anyone could come away with any meaning other than what I said is regrettable and for that I apologize," he told reporters. "Anyone who goes to the video tape and views that understands fully what I meant."

He simply misspoke. It was unfortunate that he did. But he did.
Calling him a "rape candidate", however, is so...well...liberal of you.
Nj raider 1

United States

#817270 Dec 5, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
He won swing state voters because of the way he "handled" Hurricane Sandy...according to CNN.
He won because Romney decided to play it safe when, just the day before Sandy made landfall, Gallup and Rasmussen had him ahead by a 5 and 4 point lead respectively. Source posted last night.
He won because the liberal machine had a methodical method of getting democrat voters to the polls.
He won because too many people had been brainwashed with too many negative Obama campaign ads.
He won because enough voters had reservations about Romney's Mormonism.
Basically, Obama won because he's the luckiest person on the planet.
All polls showed a signficant majority believed we were on the wrong track right up until the day of the election.
Do you listen to the nonsense you spew from your ass, up your digestive track, & out your mouth? Basically you just admitted that romney had no chance at all. You just quoted all right wing correspondences. I told all who were putting faith in polls taken by small portions of americas 360 million plus people. Nobody I know were polled so you can't tell who will likely vote. Ya'll (right wing nuts) were so confident before election day. Now all ya'll do is make up excuses as to why the person you were backing was dominated sop thoroughly! DESTROYED! Ya'll call Obama the boy messiah, but he's more like a prophet how he predicted ya'll would cling to your guns in protest of his victory. Everything you stated may be factors of his victory, but it wasn't the deciding factor. Ya'll simply underestimated the power of his supporting cast (black power)! Ya'll also underestimated folks sense of logic. Ya'll thought you could blame the president for bush's failures, NOT! We lived through those years & seen what he seemingly did on purpose to this country. YOU GUYS WERE FOOLED! Give credit where credit is due& stop making excuses for your representatives short comings.
& GET OF THAT CONSTITUTION CRAP. THERE'S NO WAY POSSIBLE A BUNCH OF OLD WHITE MEN CAN INSTRUCT PEOPLE HOW TIP LIVED OVER 200YRS DOWN THE ROAD. THEIR BACKGROUNDS AS SLAVE OWNERS ALONE SHOULD DISCREDIT THEIR IDEOLOGY & ABILITY TO WRITE THE CONSTITUTION THROUGH THE EYES OF EQUALITY & FAIRNESS WITHOUT BIAS! IMPOSSIBLE!

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#817271 Dec 5, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not of the partay preaching for handouts for personal responsibility!!!!
My opinion is-pro-CHOICE---but help PAY for your CHOICES AND mistakes YOURSELVES, greedy, givverment dependent, lazy ass babymamma slackerTICS.
(I am NOT very nice when it comes to this kind of thing-because I have ALWAYS-WALKED the WALK...IE: for REAL-NOT phony hypocricy... of my own opinions!!!!!!!!!!
If that's really your position on the issue then you've been misled by the right-wing propaganda mill.

Sorry 'bout that but I warn y'all all the time to use a skeptical ear when you hear noise from the right.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#817272 Dec 5, 2012
IToldYouSo wrote:
Brawhahahahahahahhaha! A conservatives worst nightmare is about to come true. Elections do have consequences now don't they? It's a gonna be a brighter day for the typical schmuck trying to get a legitimate loan.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/12/04/el ...
I love using the conservatives best weapon against them FOX NEWS CORP! I wonder what stupidity that Fat Pig Limbaugh has flowing out of his mouth about this?
If it's from fox it's a lie.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#817273 Dec 5, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because two men believe so strongly in the sanctity of life that they misspoke in the case of rape doesn't merit the tizzy you libs have worked yourselves into.
How many democrats ran for office who believe in partial birth abortion and killing a baby as it's coming out of the birth canal?
Besides this president?
Why can't you have a discussion about abortion without implying all a abortions are partial birth abortions typically utilized in later stages of pregnancies & therefore performed for medical reasons.

carol

Orlando, FL

#817274 Dec 5, 2012
Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
"We're going to have to see the rates on the top 2 percent go up. And we're not going to be able to get a deal without it.:
President Obama
I say let him raise the rates 10%. Let's just get it over with so we can finally get back some sanity. After the crap hits the fan.

Location hidden

#817275 Dec 5, 2012
Homer wrote:
Day 3 of operation Homer Betrayed.
The suspect list has been narrowed down to 2.
One of them shared private information with a 3rd party aka 'The Enemy'.
Once the suspect list is narrowed down to 1 look out.
Oh and good morning jackwagons.
???

Did somebody out personal info on you?

Gimme a name, I'll shower 'em with vile, hateful comments regarding their genealogy and toilet habits.
carol

Orlando, FL

#817276 Dec 5, 2012
Are there any liberals who believe life is precious?

Or just life that isn't inconvenient?

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#817277 Dec 5, 2012
Nj raider attacks carol then tenzing appears. How long until nutsickles appears? Lol
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#817278 Dec 5, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
From the same article you posted:
"Gov. Romney disagrees with Richard Mourdock, and Mr. Mourdock's comments do not reflect Gov. Romney's views. We disagree on the policy regarding exceptions for rape and incest but still support him," said Romney spokesperson Andrea Saul.
MSNBC wrote an article with the headline:
"Mitt sprints away from Mourdock after pregnancy-rape remark"
http://tv.msnbc.com/2012/10/24/mitt-romney-sp...
A segment from that article read:
"Republican Presidential Candidate, Mitt Romney, recently cut a RARE ad for the Indiana Republican (Mourdock) endorsing his candidacy which begins airing this week in the Hoosier State."
So, apparently, if Romney was "sprinting", the ad was made before the comment.
Those kind of details get lost in the propaganda shuffle by The Obama Team Cheerleaders.
President Obama was reelected with the popular vote.
Romney spoke loud and clear on tape with the 47%.
You Lost!
Might as well get over it

Location hidden

#817279 Dec 5, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I've never seen someone slip off the edge of sanity right before my eyes, Homer is intrigued by this.
Bah, Tenzing sees this in the subjects and data within this thread every day. Did you get paid to write this?
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#817280 Dec 5, 2012
carol wrote:
Are there any liberals who believe life is precious?
Or just life that isn't inconvenient?

Fetus becomes a child and you tea party types lose interest.
THE DEBIL

Cairo, Egypt

#817281 Dec 5, 2012
THE KING: AH, MASTER DEBIL, YOU SHARE YOUR GRACE WITH US.

DEBIL: I AM, YOUR GRACE. I REFLECT THE KING'S TREASURES, NO MORE NO LESS.

THE KING: BY HEAVEN, DEBIL, THOU ART A SLIPPERY SOUL. HOW CAMEST THOU HERE, AND FOR WHAT PURPOSE?

DEBIL: I CAME BY THE NORMAL CHANNELS, PINK AND BRIGHT, AS DID YOU M'LORD, BUT AS TO MY PURPOSE, WELL, LET US SIMPLY WATCH AND SEE.
PERHAPS THE GODS HAVE IDEAS OTHER THAN MY OWN OR YOURS?

THE KING: HA HA HA, THOU ART MY COMPLIMENT. WHEREAS I AM WELL READ, YOU ARE WELL RED INSTEAD.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min Dr Guru 197,083
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Into The Night 54,596
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr contrary opinion 100,673
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr 40ish 6,443
News Should prostitution be less illegal-or more? 2 hr beastman 2
abby9-3-15 5 hr Kuuipo 9
abby9-2-15 6 hr boundary painter 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages