Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 37,729)

Showing posts 754,561 - 754,580 of1,072,695
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
GOPidiotsx

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
We already covered this material.
It's OK Carol. FOX is full of crap, as has been proven over and over and over.
Stay stupid.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Nj raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Evidently your not as bright as you may want to believe. Either that or you have alzheimers, dementia, or something. Your question was concerning flat tax & when the guy brought up the chart, you clearly stated that you weren't talking about the marginal difference each class pays. 3rd thing, your question was based on fairness & I told you that it's only fair that higher earners pay more taxes. Republicans think that if they acknowledge the fact that they've been basically cheating the tax code & vow to make it fair , that somehow blind america to the fact that t they've been doing it for years. Obama ran on higher taxes on higher earners, not on closing loopholes! Like I said stop winning! The way the tax code is set up, thee rich get richer & the poor stay poor. This country needs change.
"Nj"
Pretty poor response from anyone. Let us see;
- Some one who is wealthy has a million dollars in taxable income, after deductions, his tax liability is what $390,000
- Another person with an income of $50, 000 probably pays no income tax.
That's fair. Only in the world of those with their hand out.
Peace
KMA
GOPidiotsx

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"sonic"
I have to note that one more time you do not respond to a simple question. Why should some American's Pay a higher tax rate than you or I do, or a lower tax rate? The question is not biased it is straight forward. I have asked a number of posters on this thread the same question and nary a one has answer.
Peace
No one's responding because you're too finking stupid to understand marginal rates.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Benghazi is a farce.
FAUX is still pushing it, Rmoney tried during the election, but fell flat on his face.
Most Americans are smart enough to realize that we have little control over events in foreign nations, esp. one that just ended a Civil War.
Blame game is ssooo Republiclown, esp. when they refuse to admit the horrible mistake Bush madein Iraq.
Why aren't they looking into Bush's proven lies in the State of the Union speech??
The lies that cost the USA thousands of troops killed, more thousande maimed, over a Trillion dollars??
And you whine about an attack in Benghazi?? One the CIA was in charge of??
Ask FAUX's hero, David Petraeus. If he wasn't chasing panties, he might have done a better job in Libya.
This is only sour grapes from FAUX, the only network chasing a non-story.
They have to do somehting, after making fools of themselves about the election.
Stand in front of the Stevens family, and the Navy Seals and the others and say that, you souless, clueless nutcase.

and they aren't done with it yet either, no doubt.

----------
Washington (CNN)-- Two hours after first being notified of an attack on the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi, Libya, a government e-mail to the White House, the State Department and the FBI said an Islamist group had claimed credit, according to a copy obtained by CNN.

An initial e-mail was sent while the attack was still underway, and another that arrived two hours later -- sent from a State Department address to various government agencies including the executive office of the president -- identified Ansar al-Sharia as claiming responsibility for the attack on its Facebook page and on Twitter.

------
Esam Al-Fetori / Reuters

The U.S. Consulate in Benghazi is seen in flames after an attack, Sept. 11, 2012.

Follow @TIMEWorld

Ahmad Abu Khattallah does not dispute claims he was at the U.S. diplomatic compound in Benghazi the night it was attacked.“We had heard there was some shooting at the area,” says the man with a beard down to his chest.“February 17th [a brigade tasked with protecting the mission] asked us to help them extricate some of their men holed up in the mission.” But when asked who was behind the Sept. 11, 2012 assault that took the life of U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens, Khattallah gazes without emotion at his mobile phone as he sits for one of several interviews with TIME in a local hotel.“The attack came from the people,” he says, pausing to capture his thoughts.“I don’t know if anything was planned.” He grows vehement when confronted with allegations that he masterminded the raid (the Associated Press interviewed a witness who claims that Khattallah, who heads a militia called Abu Obaida Bin Jarra, guided fighters around the compound.)“The attack,” Khattallah insists,“that was not us.”

----------

After Benghazi Attack, Talk Lagged Behind Intelligence
NY TIMES

WASHINGTON — Even as Susan E. Rice took to the Sunday talk shows last month to describe the Obama administration’s assessment of the Sept. 11 attack on the American diplomatic mission in Benghazi, Libya, intelligence analysts suspected that the explanation was outdated.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
???
???
Lincoln Duncan

Rutherfordton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
So are you saying you, too, like RealDave, believe Obama and the health care monstrosity won't cost the taxpayers one thin dime?
Because that's the journey to which I was referring. Of course, RealDave believes it's already paid for.
Please tell me you've gone further than that.
Health care may be about saving people lives.
You have your talking points from fox, we realize.
Doubt if Jesus would join your tea party
lily white

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Karma has a way to get hateful shrews like you. You may find yourself homeless some day, with your hand out in desperation, and when it happens and someone comes along and spits on you, you will remember the evil you have done in your life.
I only hope that you will be humbled.
Now you're really going to get for being such a hateful shrew yourself.
Lincoln Duncan

Rutherfordton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Better hang on to yours if you have one snotta--jobs are pretty hard to come by these days--especially for those who already have Thirty plus years in.
since the Bush stock market crash that the republican party has been providing since Herbert Hoover.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
None whatsoever. In fact, they'd be calling me names if I even suggested she was wrong for doing that.
Amazing the actual hypocricy isn't it.(let alone what some of those types TAKE via illreputed means, from OTHERS!)
WhiteStraightey

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Black Wino wrote:
hmmmm.....mmmm.... by da time King Barry's time at da Cracka House is up, the nation will have der fill of Looney Left democrats and all da chit dey smeared all over dis great nation.....
Sum uz ppl already had duh fill o them thar delusionated types.

And when reality hits 'em, it gonna hit hard.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
You missed Karl Rove's nervous breakdown on live TV??
They lied to you and you believed it. That makes you a sucker!!
Romney never held a lead, it was all FAUX propaganda. The momentum story was bogus.
Because if either were true, Rmoney would have won the election.
See Nate Silver's polls, the only one that proved correct both before and after votes were counted.
Your claim that a photo op after Sandy destroyed all Rmoney's lead and momentum is so dumb, only you could come up wirth such a weak idea.
There was never a chance that Rmoney could win. Obama 'gave' him the first debate to keep it from becoming a complete rout well before the election.
If not for that, Rmoney would have lost by 8 Million votes, not the 4.5 Million he won by.
Watched the whole thing. No nervous breakdown. Rove was being cautious after what happened with Bush before all the Ohio votes were counted.

He was fine and dandy when Obama won regardless.

The New York Times’ John Cassidy was convinced the hurricane secured the win for Obama. He wrote:

“After being behind in the national polls for most of October,[Obama] has now re-established a narrow lead. While there are a number of possible explanations for this turnaround, the most convincing is the simplest: his handling of Sandy has raised his standing, and his poll ratings.”

Reflecting a national trend of the numbers going in Obama’s favor since the hurricane, Obama’s lead on the east coast jumped from 9 to 21 points.

A Pew poll taken before the hurricane showed Romney and Obama neck-and-neck at 47% but the same polling firm had Obama ahead of Romney 48%-45% post-Sandy.

You lose. I win.
WhiteStraightey

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>since the Bush stock market crash that the republican party has been providing since Herbert Hoover.
You can't count too well, can you.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Even after I posted the facts to you yesterday you have the nerve to come back today and blatantly lie.
Jesus isn't going to take very kindly to your incessant lying.
Jus' tryin' to help.
The New York Times’ John Cassidy:

“After being behind in the national polls for most of October,[Obama] has now re-established a narrow lead. While there are a number of possible explanations for this turnaround, the most convincing is the simplest: his handling of Sandy has raised his standing, and his poll ratings.”

A Pew poll taken before the hurricane showed Romney and Obama neck-and-neck at 47% but the same polling firm had Obama ahead of Romney 48%-45% post-Sandy.

You lose. I win.
WhiteStraightey

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

LIBERAL_DRIVEL wrote:
<quoted text>
who is it that blames romney and his underwear for poor people STAYING poor?
Why sum dem duhmarses think sum dem po' people above being greedy?
Sum duh absolute greediest people I ever yeard speak, was dem entitleMENTALed fweeriding kinds.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
???
dysfunctional ditto

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
You did not answer the question!
Are you afraid of the truth?
"martinezjosei"
You will not on this thread liberals do not answer questions, they are parrots, trolls who hype the liberal lone. More taxes, more spending, ever increasing deficits.
Keep up the good work, you have the liberal loons attacking you. Please continue.
Peace
Lincoln Duncan

Rutherfordton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The New York Times’ John Cassidy:
You lose. I win.
Romney IS President on Fox
THE DEBIL

Ukraine

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

DEBIL STRIDE INTO THE MANGER AN' HE KILL JESUS' PARENTS. HE TEAR OFF MARY'S TITS AN' SUCK ON ONE AS HER EYES GLAZE OVER. AS JOSEPH LIE IN A POOL OF HIS OWN BLOOD DEBIL'S EYES ADJUST TO THE DARKNESS AN' HE LOCATE THE INFANT ASLEEP IN HIS BED. HE PICK IT UP WITHOUT CEREMONY, TURN IT AROUND IN HIS HAND AND STUDY IT... THEN HE BASH ITS HEAD OUT ON THE POLE SUPPORTIN' THE ROOF. HE BASH IT A FEW TIMES TIL IT GOOD AN' DEAD AN' THEN HE THROW IT TO THE PIGS WHO TEAR IT APART. "THERE," THE DEBIL SAY, "THAT'LL SAVE THE WORL' A LOT OF DEATH AN' SUFFERING AN' WILL SAVE THE AVERAGE AMERICAN FAMILY $700 THIS DECEMBER.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
As did a majority of Americans.
You and Rmoney are the 47%!! LOL
The majority is always right, it's the American way!!
You voted for the loser, that makes you the fool by definition.
Even in FL, you're in the minority. More proof that you're the fool!! You and Allen West!!
I'm lovin' it!! Your desperation to claim something, anything out of an election you clearly got demolished in, that is!!
Anyone that personifies frmr Gvrnr Romney as a "loser" just isn't playing with a full deck o' cards.

But then, we cold tell that a LONG, long time ago.
Lincoln Duncan

Rutherfordton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"dupont"
You are a typical left wing nut, you are envious of those who are successful. Those who invest their money off shore are not breaking the law.
Peace
Investing off shore is Not illegal but it helped Romney lose in 2012.

Romney-Ryan in 2016

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 754,561 - 754,580 of1,072,695
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

38 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Grand Birther 173,710
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 min Brian_G 45,528
easter house adoptions (Jan '11) 17 min johndad 14
Review: Napa Auto Parts 1 hr TJSR 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr Go Blue Forever 97,450
Feds Investigate “Racist” Depiction of Obama as... 2 hr Zombie Bama 1
Amy July 12 2 hr PEllen 6
•••

Flash Flood Watch for Cook County was issued at July 12 at 3:21PM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••