Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
THE DEBIL

Tallinn, Estonia

#816771 Dec 4, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay. I can do that too.
But I disagree with your definition of "pro-life". It merely means being "for" life as opposed to being "against" life in reference to the unborn.
There are always going to be those on the fringe on either side of the issue.
Abortion is just one of the reasons I changed my name to lorac when I was convinced we were reaping what we've sown.
I'm more convinced now. But I also believe hope springs eternal. If not in this life, then the next. So, basically, I'm just watching the show unfold.
NAH. YOU ARE THE SHOW, CAROL. OL' WHORE WHO SUFER THE SLINGS AN' ARROWS OF OUTRAGEOUS FORTUNE WHO WASHED IN THE BLOOD... YOU ARE "WASHED IN THE BLOOD, AIN'T YOU, HONEY? UH-HUH, DEBIL KNOW YOU IS... OWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOOW WOWOWOWOWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWWOWOWOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OO... CLOSEST YOU GET TO THE BLOOD SINCE IT DRIED UP ON YOU, EH, HONEY? WHAT HAPPEN, CAROL? DID YOU KILL HER OR DID YOU JUS' LET YOU FATHER DO IT? YOU WATCHED THOUGH DIN'T YOU, HONEY? ONLY TAKE A FEW WORDS TO BRING THE SCENE BACK, DON' IT? THEY TOL' YOU IT WASN'T YOU FAULT, CAROL... BUT IT WAS...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#816772 Dec 4, 2012
this should make carol's night.....

Fox News Puts Karl Rove on the Bench

According to multiple Fox sources, Ailes has issued a new directive to his staff: He wants the faces associated with the election off the air — for now. For Karl Rove and Dick Morris — a pair of pundits perhaps most closely aligned with Fox’s anti-Obama campaign — Ailes’s orders mean new rules. Ailes’s deputy, Fox News programming chief Bill Shine, has sent out orders mandating that producers must get permission before booking Rove or Morris. Both pundits made several appearances in the days after the election, but their visibility on the network has dropped markedly. Inside Fox News, Morris’s Romney boosterism and reality-denying predictions became a punch line. At a rehearsal on the Saturday before the election, according to a source, anchor Megyn Kelly chuckled when she relayed to colleagues what someone had told her:“I really like Dick Morris. He’s always wrong but he makes me feel good.”

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2012/12/fox-news...

hilarious.
carol

Orlando, FL

#816773 Dec 4, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>And yet, it was a con who implemented the Patriot Act and invaded a country for no reason at all while killing not only our citizens, but citizens of that other country.
An interesting way of show "moral fiber."
For no reason at all? You're very much in the dark.

Obama and his Democrat-controlled Congress extended the Patriot Act.

The Patriot Act has kept us safe more than you know.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#816774 Dec 4, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay. I can do that too.
But I disagree with your definition of "pro-life". It merely means being "for" life as opposed to being "against" life in reference to the unborn.
There are always going to be those on the fringe on either side of the issue.
Abortion is just one of the reasons I changed my name to lorac when I was convinced we were reaping what we've sown.
I'm more convinced now. But I also believe hope springs eternal. If not in this life, then the next. So, basically, I'm just watching the show unfold.
Believe me, anywhere outside your church the term "pro-life" is strong code language for the militant anti-abortion position.

Many conservative women would never consider (except under extreme circumstances) having an abortion, but nevertheless don't want some politician, particularly a man, telling them what to do.

In fact, most women don't want anyone telling them what to do about anything.

Besides, no politician can do a damn thing about abortion.

So, why shoot yourself in the ***** over an irrelevant issue.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#816775 Dec 4, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
screw you man. that was the 'hurricane' that got Obama reelected.
I swear to God some of you people have not a clue. You've only heard this drivel 500 times. Get with it!#!#! I'm sick of repeating myself 500 times!!!!!
So, you favor spending $100 billion of taxpayer money to rebuild beach homes and roller coasters?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#816776 Dec 4, 2012
Fox News breaks up with Karl Rove and Dick Morris, network should consider a complete makeover

As much as Karl Rove would like the public to believe that he is still significant in politics, even Fox News disagrees. But, it could also be that Fox is feeling the heat after bashing the President continuously for four years, while touting their propagandist network as ‘fair and balanced.’ And the voters are waking up to their tactics.

Ailes’s deputy, Fox News programming chief Bill Shine, has already sent out his directive mandating that producers must get permission before booking Rove or Morris. Rove’s on -the-air meltdown on election night certainly didn’t please Ailes. Morris has been one of the most vocal pundits claiming that “skewed” polls were an issue. And here we are back to Fox News, the station who is complicit in calling Mitt Romney as the winner in the election, while disregarding valid polling numbers. The dumbing down of America by Fox News is contagious — their own pundits have been effected by the crap they spew into the airwaves.

But, if Ailes truly wants to give Fox News a new face, perhaps he should remove himself as well. Just a thought. Or, Fox News can provide states that want to secede a pay-per-view show each night, that is, if the Red States can afford it. Their ratings are down and much of the blame for the recent shellacking Republicans suffered is clearly on their propagandist shoulders.

http://freakoutnation.com/2012/12/04/fox-news...

well...now we know why Mitt lost.
THE DEBIL

Tallinn, Estonia

#816777 Dec 4, 2012
"O' LITTLE TOWN OF BETHLEHEM.." DEBIL STAGGER UP THROUGH THE STREETS OF BETHLEHEM AN' COME UPON SOME CHRISTIANS SINGIN' CHRISTMAS CAROLS. HE SLASH ONE HAND AT THE LUTE PLAYER AN' SEPARATE HIS JAW FROM THE RES' OF HIS FACE. "AW, SHUT UP!" DEBIL SAY. "HEY. YOU GUYS KNOW, "YELLOWBIRD?" SING YELLOWBIRD... DO IT NOW!!!" THE TERRIFIED REDUCED QUARTET BREAK IMMEDIATELY INTO YELLOWBIRD AN' DEBIL CAST BACK TO HIS YEARS IN JAMAICA... THE BEAUTIFUL BROWN WOMEN ON THE HOT YELLOW SAND... "YELLOWBIRD VERY PRETTY AN' THE LEMON FLOWER IS SWEET..." NO... WAIT... THA'S NOT HOW IT GOES...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#816778 Dec 4, 2012
THE DEBIL is like looking at a movie storyboard.

wild stuff dude.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#816779 Dec 4, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't only in the case of abortion. Should Romney have not said he would cut funding to Planned Parenthood along with PBS and other government funding we can't afford?
Romney never used that phrase. It's my way of expressing my own personal anger about abortion. But I'm not running for president.
Funding for Planned parenthood should be eliminated, along with numerous other frivolous programs. But focusing on Planned Parenthood, a trivial expense, ties one to the anti-abortion extremists.
THE DEBIL

Tallinn, Estonia

#816780 Dec 4, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
In fact, most women don't want anyone telling them what to do about anything.
SO, UM, JOHN... YOU KNOW WHAT "MOS' WOMEN' WANT DO YOU? PRAY TELL, WHAT DO THEY WANT, JOHN? THEY WANT YOU? OR DO THEY WANT ME? SOME CHOICE, HUH? HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEH... YOU FUCKIN' IDIOT. WHAT YOU HAD? THREE... FOUR WOMEN IN YOU ENTIRE MISERABLE LIFE? HOW IT FEEL, JOHN? HOW IT FEEL TO KNOW YOU'LL NEVER HAVE ANOTHER? JOHN? JOHN??
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#816781 Dec 4, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
On that, we agree. He went a bit too far. What has Obama done for Christie and the state of New Jersey lately?
Follow the money.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#816782 Dec 4, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you favor spending $100 billion of taxpayer money to rebuild beach homes and roller coasters?
phfft! i don't care. you're buying.

stupid question.
carol

Orlando, FL

#816784 Dec 4, 2012
whooyaa wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, but in reality it took only 538 individuals to decide who the next President would be. Popular vote doesn't really mean anything does it?
It's not the ideal system but the best in the world so far.

We've just lost our grounding as decent human beings because of the spread of progressive secularism. It is making politics a blood sport. Win at any cost.
THE DEBIL

Tallinn, Estonia

#816785 Dec 4, 2012
WHAT DOES CAROL WANT, JOHN? SHE A WOMAN, RIGHT? CAROL WANT A MAN, JOHN. SHE CALL HIM, "JESUS," BUT WHAT SHE SAYIN' IS SHE WANT A MAN TO "LOVE" HER WITHOUT HAVIN' TO SUCK HIS COCK OR BE HUMILIATED AS HE EXERCISE HIS... URGES. CAROL GOT THE WHOLE SHOW ON HER BACK. "OH JESUS, I LOVE YOU AL-WAYS... YOU ARE MY SAVIOR... BRAVE AND TRUE! OH, JESUS, OH, JESUS, I LOVE YOU... MORE THAN ANY OF THE GUYS I BLEW... AAAAAA-MEN.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#816786 Dec 4, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
For no reason at all? You're very much in the dark.
Obama and his Democrat-controlled Congress extended the Patriot Act.
The Patriot Act has kept us safe more than you know.
The Patriot Act was well-intentioned at a time of crisis, but has become an offensive intrusion of big government.

Time for Republicans to oppose any further extension or funding of this monster.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#816787 Dec 4, 2012
well, you 2 get back to your makeout session.

nighty night.
THE DEBIL

Tallinn, Estonia

#816788 Dec 4, 2012
WANT DEBIL TO TELL YOU WHY SO MANY WOMEN TURN TO THE CHRISTIAN MYTH AT THE END OF THEY LIVES? IT CAUSE THEY REVULSED BY THE IDEA OF CLEANIN' ANY MO' SPERM OUT THEY HAIR.
carol

Orlando, FL

#816789 Dec 4, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
this should make carol's night.....
Fox News Puts Karl Rove on the Bench
According to multiple Fox sources, Ailes has issued a new directive to his staff: He wants the faces associated with the election off the air — for now. For Karl Rove and Dick Morris — a pair of pundits perhaps most closely aligned with Fox’s anti-Obama campaign — Ailes’s orders mean new rules. Ailes’s deputy, Fox News programming chief Bill Shine, has sent out orders mandating that producers must get permission before booking Rove or Morris. Both pundits made several appearances in the days after the election, but their visibility on the network has dropped markedly. Inside Fox News, Morris’s Romney boosterism and reality-denying predictions became a punch line. At a rehearsal on the Saturday before the election, according to a source, anchor Megyn Kelly chuckled when she relayed to colleagues what someone had told her:“I really like Dick Morris. He’s always wrong but he makes me feel good.”
http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2012/12/fox-news...
hilarious.
Makes sense. Predicting outcomes of elections is their field of expertise and contribution. The election is over.

Obama's "handling" of Hurricane Sandy surprised everyone.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#816790 Dec 4, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
All Christie needed to do before the election was to demand that Obama provide federal aid, instead of slobbering all over him.
Then Christie should have attended the Romney campaign event in Pennsylvania.
If a governor needs to suck up to the President to get him to do his job, then we are all in big trouble.
If you guys like Christie so much, nominate him on your ticket.
And here I thought he was helping the people of the state that elected him.

If you like politics so much, you should insist that he and all other republican governors tell agencies like FEMA to take a hike. That'll really make him infamous!
carol

Orlando, FL

#816791 Dec 4, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Follow the money.
Was it enough to make all the slobbering and, thus, screwing with the election outcome worth it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 min PEllen 98,673
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 13 min JOEL 70,583
Dear Abby 11/24/14 15 min PEllen 1
Ask Amy 11/24/14 17 min PEllen 1
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 38 min not a ghost 1,519
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 47 min not a ghost 698
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 51 min not a ghost 4,861
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 58 min Rogue Scholar 05 180,720
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:52 pm PST

Bleacher Report 4:52PM
Takeaways from Bears' Win vs. Bucs