Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#816752 Dec 4, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems the majority drank the kool-aid. That's the problem.
Obama won approximately 58,720,700 (50.1%) of the popular vote.
Romney won approximately 56,145,950 (48.4%).
That means a lot of Americans - pretty much half - didn't drink the kool-aid. That's all it means.
By the way Obama and a lot of you act, you'd think there were only 6 conservatives left on the planet. More than 56 million of us made our voice heard loud and clear. We are not going to remain silent just because a margin of 1.5% drank the kool-aid.
The president is supposed to represent the entire country - to sit down with the representatives of the other half of the country who did not elect him - not just those who gave him a 1.5% margin.
Just in case you...and he...forgot.
I agree, but in reality it took only 538 individuals to decide who the next President would be. Popular vote doesn't really mean anything does it?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#816753 Dec 4, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said I'm opposed to abortion under any circumstances? Wasn't me. The majority of us pro-lifers take the same stance. Rape, incest and the mother's health are the only exceptions.
Abortion is a blight on this country. To not take a stand against it for political gain is cowardly. That's what liberals do.
Again, which republican presidential candidate took it any further than taking a stance and professing to be pro-life?
"Pro-life" is code language for opposition to abortion in all circumstances. That's what leads to idiots like Akin who believe that "legitimate rape" cannot result in pregnancy.

Why not take the position that you favor individual choice in all aspects of life, but that you favor choosing against abortion?
carol

Orlando, FL

#816754 Dec 4, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The endorsement of Judas Christie helped more than anything actually accomplished by Obama.
Now Christie wants a $40 billion payback from the taxpayers.
Republicans are fools if they give this traitor the time of day.
His nomination in 2016 would be the end of the Republican Party.
New Jersey was listed at 49 in the worst states for taxes.

http://money.cnn.com/gallery/smallbusiness/20...

Payback is hell.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#816755 Dec 4, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
President Obama’s re-election carries climate mandate
President Obama has been re-elected to his second term as president. Friends of the Earth President Action Erich Pica had the following statement in response:
"Congratulations to President Obama on his re-election and thanks for his acknowledgement in his acceptance speech of the ‘destructive power of a warming planet.’ It is ironic that the outcome of a campaign so marked by the climate silence of both candidates would be definitively influenced by Superstorm Sandy, but history will show that the winds of Hurricane Sandy blew President Obama back into office."
http://foeaction.org/blog/president-obamas-re...
This crap has equal scientific validity with Akin's position on rape and pregnancy.

"Sandy" was not even a hurricane. If you choose to live in a shack on the beach, you get what you deserve. If you choose not to maintain your infrastructure, likewise.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#816756 Dec 4, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The endorsement of Judas Christie helped more than anything actually accomplished by Obama.
Republicans have no choice Politically since they handed Obama the Election.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#816757 Dec 4, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
lol! I love it when cons hold politics above the American people.

Keep up the good work, son!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#816759 Dec 4, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Payback is hell.
there is no doubt that the New England states are the worst.
carol

Orlando, FL

#816760 Dec 4, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
"Pro-life" is code language for opposition to abortion in all circumstances. That's what leads to idiots like Akin who believe that "legitimate rape" cannot result in pregnancy.
Why not take the position that you favor individual choice in all aspects of life, but that you favor choosing against abortion?
Okay. I can do that too.

But I disagree with your definition of "pro-life". It merely means being "for" life as opposed to being "against" life in reference to the unborn.

There are always going to be those on the fringe on either side of the issue.

Abortion is just one of the reasons I changed my name to lorac when I was convinced we were reaping what we've sown.

I'm more convinced now. But I also believe hope springs eternal. If not in this life, then the next. So, basically, I'm just watching the show unfold.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#816761 Dec 4, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
This crap has equal scientific validity with Akin's position on rape and pregnancy.
"Sandy" was not even a hurricane. If you choose to live in a shack on the beach, you get what you deserve. If you choose not to maintain your infrastructure, likewise.
screw you man. that was the 'hurricane' that got Obama reelected.

I swear to God some of you people have not a clue. You've only heard this drivel 500 times. Get with it!#!#! I'm sick of repeating myself 500 times!!!!!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#816762 Dec 4, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
That's good too.
But as long as liberal progressives think killing unborn babies is more important than the ship going down taking all of us down with it and use the killing of unborn babies as a political tool for political gain, we have no choice but to at least take a stand.
Taxpayers being forced to fund abortions is part of the big government problem. It becomes a political issue.
Using language like "killing unborn babies" is political suicide.

Taxpayer funding is a legitimate issue, but why object only in the case of abortion?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#816763 Dec 4, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>No, but cons use God as their weapon of choice for the lacking morals of the non cons!
And they also use it as a weapon against government... and other religions!
It's an interesting wack-a-mole philosophy.... show voters how bad they are so you shame them into voting GOP.
I don't think Ron Paul crosses that line.
Liberals are immoral thieves because they steal the property of others.

Religion is not part of the equation.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#816764 Dec 4, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
what's 'religion'?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#816765 Dec 4, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Payback is hell.
Christie is not to blame for the tax situation in New Jersey.

However, Judas Christie carries all the blame for selling out to Obama.

Stick a fork in him.
THE DEBIL

Tallinn, Estonia

#816766 Dec 4, 2012
oil_a_mans_back wrote:
<quoted text>
Living in bumfuck keeps me away from dipchitz like you...
Do you want us to stay where we are or...prod us into moving to your shithole? Make up yer mind...
'PROD' HUH? HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEH.. YEAH, YOU BENEFIT FROM A L'IL, "PRODDIN'." WHERE YOU "LIVE" NOT SAVE YOU FROM ME. WHERE YOU "LIVE" TELLS ME HOW YOU LIVE. HI, CAROL, BABY. YOU TIGHT WITH JESUS? CAUSE YOU GON' NEED HIM SHORTLY. SING DEBIL THAT HYMN OF YOURS.. THE ONE WHERE THE BLOOD OF JESUS IS YOU LIGHT OR WHATEVER THE FUCK YOU THINK IT IS? DO IT! DO IT NOW!!!!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#816767 Dec 4, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet, it was a con who implemented the Patriot Act and invaded a country for no reason at all while killing not only our citizens, but citizens of that other country.

An interesting way of show "moral fiber."
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#816768 Dec 4, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! I love it when cons hold politics above the American people.
Keep up the good work, son!
All Christie needed to do before the election was to demand that Obama provide federal aid, instead of slobbering all over him.

Then Christie should have attended the Romney campaign event in Pennsylvania.

If a governor needs to suck up to the President to get him to do his job, then we are all in big trouble.

If you guys like Christie so much, nominate him on your ticket.
carol

Orlando, FL

#816769 Dec 4, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Using language like "killing unborn babies" is political suicide.
Taxpayer funding is a legitimate issue, but why object only in the case of abortion?
It isn't only in the case of abortion. Should Romney have not said he would cut funding to Planned Parenthood along with PBS and other government funding we can't afford?

Romney never used that phrase. It's my way of expressing my own personal anger about abortion. But I'm not running for president.
carol

Orlando, FL

#816770 Dec 4, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Christie is not to blame for the tax situation in New Jersey.
However, Judas Christie carries all the blame for selling out to Obama.
Stick a fork in him.
On that, we agree. He went a bit too far. What has Obama done for Christie and the state of New Jersey lately?
THE DEBIL

Tallinn, Estonia

#816771 Dec 4, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay. I can do that too.
But I disagree with your definition of "pro-life". It merely means being "for" life as opposed to being "against" life in reference to the unborn.
There are always going to be those on the fringe on either side of the issue.
Abortion is just one of the reasons I changed my name to lorac when I was convinced we were reaping what we've sown.
I'm more convinced now. But I also believe hope springs eternal. If not in this life, then the next. So, basically, I'm just watching the show unfold.
NAH. YOU ARE THE SHOW, CAROL. OL' WHORE WHO SUFER THE SLINGS AN' ARROWS OF OUTRAGEOUS FORTUNE WHO WASHED IN THE BLOOD... YOU ARE "WASHED IN THE BLOOD, AIN'T YOU, HONEY? UH-HUH, DEBIL KNOW YOU IS... OWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOOW WOWOWOWOWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWWOWOWOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OO... CLOSEST YOU GET TO THE BLOOD SINCE IT DRIED UP ON YOU, EH, HONEY? WHAT HAPPEN, CAROL? DID YOU KILL HER OR DID YOU JUS' LET YOU FATHER DO IT? YOU WATCHED THOUGH DIN'T YOU, HONEY? ONLY TAKE A FEW WORDS TO BRING THE SCENE BACK, DON' IT? THEY TOL' YOU IT WASN'T YOU FAULT, CAROL... BUT IT WAS...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#816772 Dec 4, 2012
this should make carol's night.....

Fox News Puts Karl Rove on the Bench

According to multiple Fox sources, Ailes has issued a new directive to his staff: He wants the faces associated with the election off the air — for now. For Karl Rove and Dick Morris — a pair of pundits perhaps most closely aligned with Fox’s anti-Obama campaign — Ailes’s orders mean new rules. Ailes’s deputy, Fox News programming chief Bill Shine, has sent out orders mandating that producers must get permission before booking Rove or Morris. Both pundits made several appearances in the days after the election, but their visibility on the network has dropped markedly. Inside Fox News, Morris’s Romney boosterism and reality-denying predictions became a punch line. At a rehearsal on the Saturday before the election, according to a source, anchor Megyn Kelly chuckled when she relayed to colleagues what someone had told her:“I really like Dick Morris. He’s always wrong but he makes me feel good.”

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2012/12/fox-news...

hilarious.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 min PEllen 98,697
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 11 min Rogue Scholar 05 180,955
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 14 min Patriot AKA Bozo 48,594
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 28 min Uzi 68,799
dear abby 11-28 43 min PEllen 1
ask amy 11-28 45 min PEllen 1
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 1 hr RJS 7,855
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]