Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 37,723)

Showing posts 754,441 - 754,460 of1,036,601
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
A classic display of wanting to shoot the messenger for bringing the message. Fifteen years of hearing the truth has left you with migraines. The only thing worse than exposing you to the truth would be to sprinkle Holy Water on your Liberal-Possessed Orc body.
I only watch Fox long enough to gauge its current level of ridiculousness. Usually when I see a meme develop that has the Fox stink to it. So, no migraines here chubby.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, and he won by 4.5 million votes which is about 4 million more than the margin by which W. won in 2000.
I know, its embarrassing but you need to embrace it as the new reality.
BAM!
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Your stupid shines through as usual. No comparison?
Just the fact that the DJIA doubled under Obama's four years as opposed to Ike's eight and that a "large governmental economic stimulus" was the hallmark of Obama's first term practically begs no comparison at all!
Ike saw 7.5% unemployment during the 1958 recession.
Don't know where you copied and pasted this from but you should get a different source.
You should be real careful who you call stupid.

Unemployment was 7.4% and 7.5% only 4 months out of Eisenhower's 8 year term.

During most of his presidency, it stayed roughly between the 4.5% to 6.0% range.

http://data.bls.gov/pdq/SurveyOutputServlet

Is the Bureau of Labor and Statistics a good enough source?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Realtime and I were discussing the failure of charter schools. Let him do his own damn homework.
Two of the brief forays into public school my kids experienced were charter schools, both failed due to financial mismanagement. I'm convinced that it has to do with the framework they're forced to comply with because I see private schools succeed all the time.
GOPidiotsx

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Empathy is a word and only a word to Tenzing types. Describing the loss of political/economic freedoms or the torture of innocents to many Liberals is like trying to describe a disembowelment to a blind deaf mute. You can't reach into the depths of a shallow mind.
Your mind is the kiddie pool to Tenzings olympic sized model.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Rev. William John Henry Boetcker authored a pamphlet entitled "The Ten Cannots" that emphasized freedom and responsibility of the individual on himself. The error attributing them to Lincoln stemmed from a leaflet titled "Lincoln on Limitations" where authentic Lincoln quotes were published with the "The Ten Cannots" also listed.
However, these 10 truths bear repeating.
You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.
You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
You cannot help little men by tearing down big men.
You cannot lift the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer.
You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.
You cannot establish sound security on borrowed money.
You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.
You cannot keep out of trouble by spending more than you earn.
You cannot build character and courage by destroying men's initiative and independence.
And you cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they can and should do for themselves.
...You cannot deny the truth.
You can when you wrap it in a lie, you idiots would never quote the honorable William John Henry Boetcker, he's not in your lexicon. Y'all are well known for false attributions. Hell, Newt had y'all convinced there were no such things as "Palestinians" but your own Bible proved him wrong.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Why didn't they all flee the country? Carol contends that if the top marginal rate is raised 3% to 39% they will all flee the country taking their wealth with them. Are Bill Gates and Warren Buffet really that mercenary?
It's a much different climate with a $16 trillion debt. It's a much different climate with class warfare. It's a much different climate with the number of jobless, with the private sector under attack and an economy that's teetering on a fiscal cliff.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

Raising Taxes Isn’t A ‘Kiss of Death’ for Employment Growth, History Shows

In the five years after a $241 billion tax increase in 1993, which Republicans criticized as the largest ever, the U.S. economy created more than 15 million jobs and grew at an average annual rate of 3.8 percent.

In the five years after President George W. Bush’s 2001 tax cuts -- which reduced marginal rates, raised the child tax credit, phased out the estate tax and gave “marriage penalty” relief to two-income households -- the economy added about 6.5 million jobs and grew at an annual 2.7 percent pace.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-06-02/rais...

History shows.

FOXbot emphatic assertions aside.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Ike? Why not Bush?

LMAO

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

GOPidiotsx wrote:
<quoted text>
Another idiotic bit of drool from Lorac. Obama was defeating the robot in the polls before Sandy. With the exception of 1 week following the 1st debate, Mittens always trailed Obama, but you wouldn't know that swallowing Dick Morris' verbal ejaculations.
So, homes and businesses flattened down to their foundation should be rebuilt by now? What, is POTUS supposed to have 'I dream of Jeannie' powers?
Dick Morris should go down in history as a misspelled footnote.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I am convinced the Boy Messiah is intentionally pushing us off the cliff with a smile on his shit-eatin' face. This evil needs to be countered with the reason, empathy and fortitude of working Americans. The Takers? F*ck 'em. They can play with their free cellphones as the world burns around them.
You have anger issues. Try hitting a pillow instead of a crack pipe.
GOPidiotsx

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Rev. William John Henry Boetcker authored a pamphlet entitled "The Ten Cannots" that emphasized freedom and responsibility of the individual on himself. The error attributing them to Lincoln stemmed from a leaflet titled "Lincoln on Limitations" where authentic Lincoln quotes were published with the "The Ten Cannots" also listed.
However, these 10 truths bear repeating.
You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.
You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
You cannot help little men by tearing down big men.
You cannot lift the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer.
You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.
You cannot establish sound security on borrowed money.
You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.
You cannot keep out of trouble by spending more than you earn.
You cannot build character and courage by destroying men's initiative and independence.
And you cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they can and should do for themselves.
...You cannot deny the truth.
Why not? You do it everytime you tune in to FOX

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
You should be real careful who you call stupid.
Unemployment was 7.4% and 7.5% only 4 months out of Eisenhower's 8 year term.
During most of his presidency, it stayed roughly between the 4.5% to 6.0% range.
http://data.bls.gov/pdq/SurveyOutputServlet
Is the Bureau of Labor and Statistics a good enough source?
I called you stupid. Unemployment was at or above 6% for all of 1958. Now the question is, did you even know we had a recession in 1958? You knew we had a depression in the 30's but what do you know beyond that? In 2112 the 2008 collapse will still be in textbooks.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

GOPidiotsx wrote:
<quoted text>
Your mind is the kiddie pool to Tenzings olympic sized model.
Wow, thanks!

<blush>

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a much different climate with a $16 trillion debt. It's a much different climate with class warfare. It's a much different climate with the number of jobless, with the private sector under attack and an economy that's teetering on a fiscal cliff.
No it isn't, the climate is strikingly similar to the climate of the 50's. What's different is that you have a major "news" outlet telling you the climate is different. Where are all these rich folk going to emigrate to where they'll pay lower taxes and enjoy the benefits they enjoy here? Who else has run up their entitlement and infrastructure and war credit card tab to over 100% of GDP? They can just stay here and continue to ride the gravy train on the backs of future generations. Of course, buying $300k in Greek bonds gets them an EU passport if they're so inclined. Know anybody that wants to move to Greece?
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
You learned that Obama was a "proven failure" from the fiction out of Fox "News". Raw economic data said the opposite. I tried to tell you but you always fall back on the last thing Fox told you. Really, you should buy one of those TV's that get more than one channel.
You'd have to provide some stats to prove the opposite.

Unless a little good news here and there over the past four years was good enough for you.

And the next four years will be even better under Obama's plan.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I called you stupid. Unemployment was at or above 6% for all of 1958. Now the question is, did you even know we had a recession in 1958? You knew we had a depression in the 30's but what do you know beyond that? In 2112 the 2008 collapse will still be in textbooks.
All anyone has to do is look at that BLS website I posted to see for themselves that you're just kooky.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure it sounded poetic and profound to you.
"Only two kinds of people are gonna stay on this beach: those that are already dead and those that are gonna be dead."
You are sure of a lot of unreal things. Confidence, to a moron, comes as a Death Wish so watch your step. Pigeons who try strutting like a Rooster are cat food.

What I consider poetic and profound is truly poetic and profound. To you, they are letters handled by Vanna White.

Poetry and Profundity can only be found in the wide open depths of pathos but, unfortunately, even in those depths, we find the likes of you as bottom feeders and in the shallows as clueless consumers. Like the poor, they will always be among us.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd have to provide some stats to prove the opposite.
Unless a little good news here and there over the past four years was good enough for you.
And the next four years will be even better under Obama's plan.
I've been providing you stats for years, you just chose the Fox Swill over real data. This has pretty much been the story all along:

http://bullandbearwise.com/content.asp

Get somebody to explain bulls and bears to you, I'm spent.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

GOPidiotsx wrote:
<quoted text>
College students and young adults have brains.
So do Gerbils, Garden Slugs and Democrats.

What's your point?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 754,441 - 754,460 of1,036,601
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

90 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 2 min mmm 3,788
Amy 4-19 16 min boundary painter 15
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 20 min litesong 43,149
word in common game (Aug '13) 23 min boundary painter 21
Abby 4-23 28 min Mister Tonka 25
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 32 min KiMare 47,170
Abby 4-22 32 min Mister Tonka 38
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr ScarletandOlive 96,262
Amy 4-23 2 hr edogxxx 38
ask amy 4-22 4 hr Sublime1 69
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search