Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#816442 Dec 4, 2012
Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>probably what happened to me, if I am guessing correctly.
never a fan of GWB, having only voted for a Republican once in my life--the second time he ran. and then seeing the results of appeasement up close and personal in 2001, I started voting Republican. not realizing we were at a cultural crossroads and losing, I thought sure sane Americans would not re-elect the failure known as Obama. but cool over substance won in November, and so now I rarely come on here.
living in New York, the land of limousine libs second only to CA, my vote for President doesn't count much anyway. I now get to sit back and watch Obama accelerate the decline. I feel like I tried my best, but if this is what Americans will settle for--the end of prosperity and personal responsibility--then so be it.
I now only feel sorry for future generations, while I get to say "told you so, and ask who did you vote for?" it already has happened--the maximum amount for healthcare flexspend for next year was cut in half beginning next year because of ObamaCare. a friend just told me about a letter he got regarding his Medicare Advantage plan--cuts beginning January 1. it is just the start.
I would have preferred to have been all wrong about Obama, but I wasn't. I wonder what the unemployment rate and debt will be by 2016.
Can you condense this?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#816443 Dec 4, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> If memory serves I believe he said he was retiring and moving to somewhere south on the coast.
Fred had his heart set on The Villages of Lake Sumter which is not on the coast but in the middle of my beautiful state.
Match made in heaven IMO__fred/Paul would be among his own__and that's not a slur__he really would be.
www.thevillages.com/lifestyle/marketsquare.as...
carol

Orlando, FL

#816444 Dec 4, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the first indicators that you're talking to a "conervative" (as opposed to a conservative) is their amazing lack of humor. They're just not wired for it.
That's funny. I've had to tell at least a half dozen liberals on here to lighten' up during the past four years.

Actually, I think you were one of them.

It's the sarcasm and tongue-in-cheek that a lot of liberals just don't get...the ones who take everything so literally.

Like walking on eggshells.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#816445 Dec 4, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you be just as excited as me if a Black Republican emerged in the next 4 years and became the new POTUS?
Conservatives wouldn't be called racists anymore and liberals would be screaming into their pillows all over the country.
I think we should find one lol
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#816446 Dec 4, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a problem with the TEA Party AND Carol now Homer?
Is it TOO much common sense and decency in one place for you man?
I told yew I were takin my desk back, now get used to it...or there'll be no devil dogs EVER again fer you lol.
I fight ignorance wherever I find it be it Carol or the Tea Party.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#816447 Dec 4, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, first of all, you still aren't seeking the truth and thinking for yourself apparently.
If you did just a little bit of research, you'd discover the numbers of viewers who watch O'Reilly - who have made it the #1 cable news source for almost a decade - consists of more independents and moderate democrats combined than conservatives.
You'd also discover that a university up in New England (where a lot of liberals live) did a study and Bill O'Reilly was voted the #1 trusted news commentator on cable television.
Them's the facts, Jack...er, I mean, Homer.
If they're so truthful and trusted, how could they have been so wrong about the election??

I mean, they had every salient fact wrong. Mitt never led. Mitt never had momentum, it was all FAUX propaganda, Joe Goebbels would have been proud.

The correct polls were all DEmocrat polls. Every Republican poll was wrong, esp. Rasmussen and Gallup.

And re still repeating the same lame excuses they used.

You've avoided that question since the election, but I watched FAUX on election night, and the stunned looks and comments from ALL FAUXer's proved they really believed their own propaganda!!

Let's have an answer, and not more of your 'twister' nonsense.

Why would anyone (who isn't crazy) believe a network that was so completely, totally wrong concerning the election is 'fair and balanced'??
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#816448 Dec 4, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, first of all, you still aren't seeking the truth and thinking for yourself apparently.
If you did just a little bit of research, you'd discover the numbers of viewers who watch O'Reilly - who have made it the #1 cable news source for almost a decade - consists of more independents and moderate democrats combined than conservatives.
You'd also discover that a university up in New England (where a lot of liberals live) did a study and Bill O'Reilly was voted the #1 trusted news commentator on cable television.
Well sure most people slow down the see the car wreck, well execpt Homer.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#816449 Dec 4, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
By "truth" she means "total BS".

Jus' tryin' to help Homer.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#816450 Dec 4, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>You win! You cannot get a higher number, time to shut this thread down.
We got till inauguration day Homer.

We should start taking considerations for new thread names!!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#816451 Dec 4, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
That's funny. I've had to tell at least a half dozen liberals on here to lighten' up during the past four years.
Actually, I think you were one of them.
It's the sarcasm and tongue-in-cheek that a lot of liberals just don't get...the ones who take everything so literally.
Like walking on eggshells.
Bah! You've asked people to lighten up??? You are one of the most miserable, condescending people on this thread, no offense.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#816452 Dec 4, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I fight ignorance wherever I find it be it Carol or the Tea Party.
You'll never be with out work to do these days Homer lol
carol

Orlando, FL

#816453 Dec 4, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
You lost. End of story.
Now be a good little fattie and STFU!!
Your stupid drivel got old before the election, now it's downright pig headed ignorance driving your nonsense, in light of the shellacking your side took.
So why don't you get yourself a life and quit the whining on Topix??
You accomplish nothing here, yet spend hours every day at it.
For the umpteenth time, I'm not fat. And cute as a button.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#816454 Dec 4, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my...and you believe it won't cost the taxpayers one thin dime too. Don't you?
You have a long way to go on your journey of truth and enlightenment, Grasshopper.
So how much did theFe deral Gov't programs your daughter took advantage of cost the taxpayers??

Or doesn't it matter when it's a 'real American' like Carol??
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#816455 Dec 4, 2012
Homer sorry he asked about Fred.

Hey, anybody seen Gunner?
carol

Orlando, FL

#816456 Dec 4, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
If they're so truthful and trusted, how could they have been so wrong about the election??
I mean, they had every salient fact wrong. Mitt never led. Mitt never had momentum, it was all FAUX propaganda, Joe Goebbels would have been proud.
The correct polls were all DEmocrat polls. Every Republican poll was wrong, esp. Rasmussen and Gallup.
And re still repeating the same lame excuses they used.
You've avoided that question since the election, but I watched FAUX on election night, and the stunned looks and comments from ALL FAUXer's proved they really believed their own propaganda!!
Let's have an answer, and not more of your 'twister' nonsense.
Why would anyone (who isn't crazy) believe a network that was so completely, totally wrong concerning the election is 'fair and balanced'??
Of course Mitt was leading and had momentum in every single poll right before the hurricane and Obama got to take the spotlight back and look presidential while Romney had to take a backseat.

Fox reported Obama the winner even before all the votes were counted in Ohio and Florida.

Get a life. Tay?

Location hidden

#816457 Dec 4, 2012
<quoted text>
For sure-- in a country with NO BUDGET, driving full speed towards the cliffs!!
Bless his heart.
All Right!

Don't I win some somethin'?

"Say boy, got my Cheez-whiz?"
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#816458 Dec 4, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you be just as excited as me if a Black Republican emerged in the next 4 years and became the new POTUS?
Conservatives wouldn't be called racists anymore and liberals would be screaming into their pillows all over the country.
Is Herman Cain planning a cumback?
carol

Orlando, FL

#816459 Dec 4, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Bah! You've asked people to lighten up??? You are one of the most miserable, condescending people on this thread, no offense.
No offense taken. I know you didn't mean it.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#816460 Dec 4, 2012
<quoted text>
I think we should find one lol
Hey hillbilly, saw the story about you today, still leaking brain fluid out your nose?

http://www.complex.com/city-guide/2012/12/ari...

When did you move to Arizona?

Location hidden

#816461 Dec 4, 2012
<quoted text>
For sure-- in a country with NO BUDGET, driving full speed towards the cliffs!!
Bless his heart.
Oops! that last one was meant for Homer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 41 min wojar 182,297
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr L Morales 71,302
Chicago police stop black motorists more, ACLU ... 2 hr L Morales 11
Southern Illinois Supports Police 2 hr Does not matter 1
Holiday Greetings 4 hr Daddy Warbucks 4
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr Mister Tonka 98,886
Chicagoa s 2014 murder total on track for anoth... 4 hr Did enuf die 6
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago