Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 37,709)

Showing posts 754,161 - 754,180 of1,077,635
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#816186
Dec 4, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, maybe...some of those overpaid CEO's will band their capital together and start afresh.....
Hostess has to have a secret chocolate ingredient--as nothing else taste like Hostess lol.
It causes dementia; that explains you, a life of ding dongs.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#816187
Dec 4, 2012
 
Republicans in Congress could shoulder most of the blame for failed fiscal cliff negotiations, according to a Washington Post/Pew Poll released Tuesday.

A 53 percent majority of Americans said congressional Republicans would be more to blame if leaders failed to hammer out a deal, while just 27 percent would mostly blame President Barack Obama.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/04/poll...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#816188
Dec 4, 2012
 
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) has announced that Democrats will file “a discharge petition, to force a vote on extending the middle income tax cut, on Tuesday at noon.”
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#816189
Dec 4, 2012
 
Rick Santorum has joined WorldNetDaily, a conspiracy theory blog best known for its indefatigable work advancing the birther movement, as an exclusive columnist

Classic!
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#816190
Dec 4, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

If the housing market collapse had taken place, say, under Clinton's or any Democrat president's watch and a Repblican Congress was in control of the purse strings for the two years preceding it, and if Bush or any Republican president had increased the deficit by $6 trillion blaming Clinton or any Democrat president for that increase, not only would the left have good reason to criticize him - but also the right.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#816191
Dec 4, 2012
 
I see the economy still picking up, Mitt had no problem finding a job.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#816192
Dec 4, 2012
 
Someone has betrayed Homer's trust and loyalty. Big mistake.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#816193
Dec 4, 2012
 
Turkey's broadcast regulator has fined one TV Channel $30,000 for airing an episode of The Simpsons that has God taking orders from the devil.

It's the one where the devil tells God to bring him a coffee.

That kinda bullshyte went on in the USA sixty years ago.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#816194
Dec 4, 2012
 
carol wrote:
If the housing market collapse had taken place, say, under Clinton's or any Democrat president's watch and a Repblican Congress was in control of the purse strings for the two years preceding it, and if Bush or any Republican president had increased the deficit by $6 trillion blaming Clinton or any Democrat president for that increase, not only would the left have good reason to criticize him - but also the right.
The 'if' expert.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#816195
Dec 4, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Exclusive: Dick Armey Quits Tea Party Group in Split Over Direction

"The top management team of FreedomWorks was taking a direction I thought was unproductive, and I thought it was time to move on with my life," Armey tells Mother Jones. "At this point, I don't want to get into the details. I just want to go on with my life."

In the email, Armey indicated that he wants nothing to do with FreedomWorks anymore. He asked that all user names, passwords, and security-related data created in his name be emailed to him by the close of business on December 4. He even insisted that FreedomWorks—"effective immediately"—was "prohibited" from using a booklet he authored. Was Armey's resignation a reaction to the recent election results? "Obviously I was not happy with the election results," he says. "We might've gotten better results if we had gone in a different direction. But it isn't that I got my nose out of line because we should've done better."

Armey declined to specify his disagreements with FreedomWorks. Asked if they were ideological or tactical, he replies, "They were matters of principle. It's how you do business as opposed to what you do. But I don't want to be the guy to create problems."

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2012/12/dick-...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#816196
Dec 4, 2012
 
November was the best month for auto sales in the US since January 2008. The Detroit three all showed increases with Chrysler leading the way with a 14% gain over last year. The Asians also showed gains with Honda sales improving a whopping 38% over last November.

Obviously Obama's reelection bolstered consumer confidence.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#816197
Dec 4, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

sonicfilter wrote:
Exclusive: Dick Armey Quits Tea Party Group in Split Over Direction
"The top management team of FreedomWorks was taking a direction I thought was unproductive, and I thought it was time to move on with my life," Armey tells Mother Jones. "At this point, I don't want to get into the details. I just want to go on with my life."
In the email, Armey indicated that he wants nothing to do with FreedomWorks anymore. He asked that all user names, passwords, and security-related data created in his name be emailed to him by the close of business on December 4. He even insisted that FreedomWorks—"effective immediately"—was "prohibited" from using a booklet he authored. Was Armey's resignation a reaction to the recent election results? "Obviously I was not happy with the election results," he says. "We might've gotten better results if we had gone in a different direction. But it isn't that I got my nose out of line because we should've done better."
Armey declined to specify his disagreements with FreedomWorks. Asked if they were ideological or tactical, he replies, "They were matters of principle. It's how you do business as opposed to what you do. But I don't want to be the guy to create problems."
http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2012/12/dick-...
I understand Tea Party memebers will still be allowed to refer to themeselves as being part of the dick army.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#816198
Dec 4, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Realtime wrote:
November was the best month for auto sales in the US since January 2008. The Detroit three all showed increases with Chrysler leading the way with a 14% gain over last year. The Asians also showed gains with Honda sales improving a whopping 38% over last November.
Obviously Obama's reelection bolstered consumer confidence.
The fear of a Romney presidency and subsequent destruction of the middle class fading into memory.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#816199
Dec 4, 2012
 
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I understand Tea Party memebers will still be allowed to refer to themeselves as being part of the dick army.
Short walk down that road. Pun intended.
Old Liberals

Natick, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#816200
Dec 4, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

lily boca raton fl wrote:
This week, Washington devoted every effort to blocking a Palestinian initiative to upgrade its status at the U.N. but failed, in virtual international isolation as usual. The reasons were revealing: Palestine might approach the International Criminal Court about Israel’s U.S.-backed crimes
One element of the unremitting torture of Gaza is Israel’s “buffer zone” within Gaza, from which Palestinians are barred entry to almost half of Gaza’s limited arable land.
From January 2012 to the launching of Israel’s latest killing spree on Nov. 14, Operation Pillar of Defense, one Israeli was killed by fire from Gaza while 78 Palestinians were killed by Israeli fire.
The full story is naturally more complex, and uglier.
The first act of Operation Pillar of Defense was to murder Ahmed Jabari. Aluf Benn, editor of the newspaper Haaretz, describes him as Israel’s “subcontractor” and “border guard” in Gaza, who enforced relative quiet there for more than five years.
The pretext for the assassination was that during these five years Jabari had been creating a Hamas military force, with missiles from Iran. A more credible reason was provided by Israeli peace activist Gershon Baskin, who had been involved in direct negotiations with Jabari for years, including plans for the eventual release of the captured Israeli soldier Gilad Shalit.
Baskin reports that hours before he was assassinated, Jabari “received the draft of a permanent truce agreement with Israel, which included mechanisms for maintaining the cease-fire in the case of a flare-up between Israel and the factions in the Gaza Strip.”
http://www.alternet.org/world/noam-chomsky-wh...
Interesting you posted an anti-Israel, Pro-Terrorist story where Obama is "supposedly" supporting Israel, yet you don't question Obama doing so. You leftards are so full of contadiction and devoid of priciple.
Old Liberals

Natick, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#816201
Dec 4, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
It causes dementia; that explains you, a life of ding dongs.
lily demonstrates her class again.
Old Liberals

Natick, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#816202
Dec 4, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>The fear of a Romney presidency and subsequent destruction of the middle class fading into memory.
So now we have the reality of Obama and the "continued" elimination of the middle class. You old liberals must be proud!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#816203
Dec 4, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

oh my.

I am Thankful for John Boehner, Eric Cantor, and Kevin McCarthy

Erick Erickson

Not quite two weeks removed from Thanksgiving, it is worth giving thanks to John Boehner, Eric Cantor, and Kevin McCarthy. I really am thankful for them.

Yesterday the three of them purged fiscal conservatives from committees as punishment for being authentically fiscal conservatives. Mick Mulvaney of South Carolina was put on the Financial Services Committee to show fiscal conservatism had nothing to do with removing Congressmen Justin Amash and David Schweikert, but that just causes me to question Mick Mulvaney’s conservative bona fides now.

Congressmen Schweikert, Amash, and Congressman Tim Huelskamp now removed from the Budget Committee, have been punished for daring to defy John Boehner during the debt ceiling fight, etc. They pointed out what would happen with John Boehner’s deal. They were the Cassandras of the fiscal cliff, predicting we’d be exactly where we are and they voted against getting us here.

They have now been punished.

On the same day John Boehner, Eric Cantor, and Kevin McCarthy punished fiscal conservatives for standing up for their convictions, they sold out their own convictions by agreeing to raise taxes by $800 billion. They intend to seem reasonable to the press in negotiations with the White House. They’re going through an elaborate kabuki dance, but they’ll get blamed nonetheless.

Pointing their fingers as fiscal conservatives now punished, casting them out as scape goats, will do nothing to woo the media or the White House, but we should be thankful. We should absolutely be thankful for these three men.

As the sun rises this morning we can look at John Boehner, Eric Cantor, and Kevin McCarthy and know the opposition is not just across the aisle, but in charge of our own side in the House of Representatives. All the time and energy I would otherwise have to spend to convince conservatives that these gentlemen would be a problem for the GOP has been spared. They’ve proven it themselves.

http://www.redstate.com/2012/12/04/i-am-thank...

ouch!
LIBERAL_DRIVEL

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#816204
Dec 4, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
You think that retard is employable? She said she lives on $1600 a month.
$1600 a month is what sonicfilter pays the mexicans to hang flat screens in homes like yours...
LIBERAL_DRIVEL

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#816205
Dec 4, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>The fear of a Romney presidency and subsequent destruction of the middle class fading into memory.
What do you hear when you put your ear up to barney frank's anu s?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 754,161 - 754,180 of1,077,635
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

97 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min Rogue Scholar 05 174,382
Thousands march in downtown Chicago in support ... 11 min Garry Ackerman 2
Music Artists A to Z 12 min not a ghost 256
No people will be punchlines in 'Racist Jokes 101' 18 min Huh 5
Fun Song Combos (Sep '12) 19 min not a ghost 358
Song Title Game (Dec '11) 22 min not a ghost 1,102
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 25 min not a ghost 7,696
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••