Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
754,141 - 754,160 of 1,096,067 Comments Last updated 5 min ago
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I understand Tea Party memebers will still be allowed to refer to themeselves as being part of the dick army.
Short walk down that road. Pun intended.
Old Liberals

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
This week, Washington devoted every effort to blocking a Palestinian initiative to upgrade its status at the U.N. but failed, in virtual international isolation as usual. The reasons were revealing: Palestine might approach the International Criminal Court about Israel’s U.S.-backed crimes
One element of the unremitting torture of Gaza is Israel’s “buffer zone” within Gaza, from which Palestinians are barred entry to almost half of Gaza’s limited arable land.
From January 2012 to the launching of Israel’s latest killing spree on Nov. 14, Operation Pillar of Defense, one Israeli was killed by fire from Gaza while 78 Palestinians were killed by Israeli fire.
The full story is naturally more complex, and uglier.
The first act of Operation Pillar of Defense was to murder Ahmed Jabari. Aluf Benn, editor of the newspaper Haaretz, describes him as Israel’s “subcontractor” and “border guard” in Gaza, who enforced relative quiet there for more than five years.
The pretext for the assassination was that during these five years Jabari had been creating a Hamas military force, with missiles from Iran. A more credible reason was provided by Israeli peace activist Gershon Baskin, who had been involved in direct negotiations with Jabari for years, including plans for the eventual release of the captured Israeli soldier Gilad Shalit.
Baskin reports that hours before he was assassinated, Jabari “received the draft of a permanent truce agreement with Israel, which included mechanisms for maintaining the cease-fire in the case of a flare-up between Israel and the factions in the Gaza Strip.”
http://www.alternet.org/world/noam-chomsky-wh...
Interesting you posted an anti-Israel, Pro-Terrorist story where Obama is "supposedly" supporting Israel, yet you don't question Obama doing so. You leftards are so full of contadiction and devoid of priciple.
Old Liberals

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
It causes dementia; that explains you, a life of ding dongs.
lily demonstrates her class again.
Old Liberals

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>The fear of a Romney presidency and subsequent destruction of the middle class fading into memory.
So now we have the reality of Obama and the "continued" elimination of the middle class. You old liberals must be proud!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

oh my.

I am Thankful for John Boehner, Eric Cantor, and Kevin McCarthy

Erick Erickson

Not quite two weeks removed from Thanksgiving, it is worth giving thanks to John Boehner, Eric Cantor, and Kevin McCarthy. I really am thankful for them.

Yesterday the three of them purged fiscal conservatives from committees as punishment for being authentically fiscal conservatives. Mick Mulvaney of South Carolina was put on the Financial Services Committee to show fiscal conservatism had nothing to do with removing Congressmen Justin Amash and David Schweikert, but that just causes me to question Mick Mulvaney’s conservative bona fides now.

Congressmen Schweikert, Amash, and Congressman Tim Huelskamp now removed from the Budget Committee, have been punished for daring to defy John Boehner during the debt ceiling fight, etc. They pointed out what would happen with John Boehner’s deal. They were the Cassandras of the fiscal cliff, predicting we’d be exactly where we are and they voted against getting us here.

They have now been punished.

On the same day John Boehner, Eric Cantor, and Kevin McCarthy punished fiscal conservatives for standing up for their convictions, they sold out their own convictions by agreeing to raise taxes by $800 billion. They intend to seem reasonable to the press in negotiations with the White House. They’re going through an elaborate kabuki dance, but they’ll get blamed nonetheless.

Pointing their fingers as fiscal conservatives now punished, casting them out as scape goats, will do nothing to woo the media or the White House, but we should be thankful. We should absolutely be thankful for these three men.

As the sun rises this morning we can look at John Boehner, Eric Cantor, and Kevin McCarthy and know the opposition is not just across the aisle, but in charge of our own side in the House of Representatives. All the time and energy I would otherwise have to spend to convince conservatives that these gentlemen would be a problem for the GOP has been spared. They’ve proven it themselves.

http://www.redstate.com/2012/12/04/i-am-thank...

ouch!
LIBERAL_DRIVEL

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
You think that retard is employable? She said she lives on $1600 a month.
$1600 a month is what sonicfilter pays the mexicans to hang flat screens in homes like yours...
LIBERAL_DRIVEL

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>The fear of a Romney presidency and subsequent destruction of the middle class fading into memory.
What do you hear when you put your ear up to barney frank's anu s?

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Your analysis of Greece and social democracy was right on the mark.
However, your figure about the cost Medicare Part D was off the charts. The CBO estimated the cost at $724 billion. A far cry from $7 trillion.
Obamacare will cost $1.7 trillion. A far cry from $724 billion.
Obama increased the deficit by $6 trillion under his watch which exceeded Bush's entire 8 years.
The numbers always stack up against Obama far more than Bush. As much as some would like to believe otherwise.
Obamacare does so much more, Carol. You are saying how much cheaper your trailer is compared to my 4 bedroom home.

The majority of that Part D cost is added to the deficit. The Obamacare costs are not.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

LIBERAL_DRIVEL wrote:
<quoted text>
$1600 a month is what sonicfilter pays the mexicans to hang flat screens in homes like yours...
laborers. the 2 wiring guys make more than i do.

anyway, i'm done with that biz after this year. computer repair now. i'm digging the self reliance.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Most Americans say that employers -- even religious ones -- should provide birth control coverage to their employees, according to a survey released on Monday (Dec. 3).

The poll by LifeWay Research also showed that almost two-thirds of Americans (63 percent) believe businesses should be required to provide the coverage for free, even if contraception conflicts with the owner's religious ethics.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/03/most...

It's been an extremely bad year for right wing talking points.
Orangelion

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this "dummy Tuesday"?
No, "Tuesday truth".
Orangelion

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Are all democrats as ignorant as that nutcase
Thankfully... NO.
(maybe one of those "oops" children that never got enough attention)
Only child I see is you.
Orangelion

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Most Americans say that employers -- even religious ones -- should provide birth control coverage to their employees, according to a survey released on Monday (Dec. 3).
The poll by LifeWay Research also showed that almost two-thirds of Americans (63 percent) believe businesses should be required to provide the coverage for free, even if contraception conflicts with the owner's religious ethics.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/03/most...
It's been an extremely bad year for right wing talking points.
Contraceptives are only increasing teen sex, and decreasing our population.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Petraeus for president? Fox’s Ailes seemed to like the idea

""Fox News chairman Roger Ailes wanted Gen. David Petraeus to run for president in 2012.

Ailes, former campaign adviser to Richard Nixon, sent a Fox News contributor to Afghanistan in the spring of 2011 to deliver the message to Petraeus, the Washington Post's Bob Woodward reports. The recently disgraced director of the Central Intelligence Agency was then commander of U.S. and allied forces in Kabul.

Kathleen T. McFarland, the contributor, and a former national security and Pentagon aide, spoke with Petraeus for 90 minutes in the general's office there. Woodward obtained an audio recording of the conversation, which was posted on the Post's website.

"[Ailes] loves you, and everybody at Fox loves you," McFarland told Petraeus at one point.

Near the end of their conversation, McFarland relayed the message from Ailes: If President Obama offered Petraeus the job of chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, take it. "If you're offered anything else," McFarland said, "don't take it. Resign in six months and run for president. Okay?"And I know you're not running for president," McFarland added. "But at some point when you go to New York next, you may want to just chat with Roger. And Rupert Murdoch, for that matter."

"Well, Rupert's after me, as well," Petraeus replied. "Look, what I have told people is, I truly want to continue to serve my country if it is in a, you know, a quite significantly meaningful position. And there's all of about two of those in the world. You all have really got to shut your mouths—or shut your ... yeah, shut your mouths, too."

"I'm only reporting this back to Roger," McFarland assured Petraeus. "That's our deal."

Petraeus said he would consider the position of Joint Chiefs chairman and possibly "one other" post, "but that's about it. I'm not going to, you know, go to NATO meetings for the rest of my life, or fight service budget battles or anything like that," he said.

Petraeus was appointed CIA director in September 2011. He resigned last month after admitting to an extramarital affair with Paula Broadwell, his biographer.

Ailes confirmed to Woodward that he did give McFarland advice to deliver to Petraeus, but it was meant in jest.

"It was more of a joke, a wiseass way I have," Ailes said. "I thought the Republican field needed to be shaken up and Petraeus might be a good candidate. It sounds like she thought she was on a secret mission in the Reagan administration. She was way out of line.... It's someone's fantasy to make me a kingmaker. It's not my job."

----------

Yeah, those nitwits at FAUX sure can pick 'em!!

And yet, we have fat little hausfraus like Carol believing every bit of nonsense she hears on FAUX.

She still hasn't figured out how her heroes could have been sssoooooo wrong about the election!! After all, nobody has been re-elected with unemployment so high, right??

I'm lovin' it!!

Since: Nov 11

Westerville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>You right wing morons just can't wrap your heads around the concept of return on investment. Let's put it more concretely . I f you spend money on a fancy entertainment center for your home then that money you've spent will not give you any return for the few hours a week you actually use it. If you take that same money and invest in energy efficient appliances , more efficient windows or insulation then you realize savings in your energy bills. If a company spends money on redecorating executive offices it doesn't add anything to the bottom line but if they put that money into more machinery and/or more employees it brings more revenue as a result of improved productivity.
Tax cuts, two wars and Medicare part D didn't add anything to the GDP. The Bush tax cuts for the top 5% cost $11.6 million every hour of every day and contrary to GOP dogma haven't added any jobs as a result.
costoftaxcuts.com/about/
The war in Iraq cost $3 trillion and the only thing we got in return was over 4000 service people coming home in body bags and tens of thousands more maimed both bodily and emotionally who need to be cared for years to come at taxpayer expense.
www.washingtonpost.com › Opinions
Medicare part D was a sop to Big Pharma and resulted in seniors paying more for their medications and again increased the deficit with no return to GDP.
www.forbes.com/.../republican-budget-hypocris... ...
Why is it that deficits are only a problem when a Democrat is in the White House?
And you believe that Zimmerman killed Trayvon just because he is black!!!

And Obama did not closer oil production in the gulf nor killed the oil pipeline from Canada and he has nothing to do with the high price of gas!!!

See? You think you are smart but you are a liberal instead!!

High gas prices hurts companies bottoms line, less hiring, more expenses, nothing in return because of Obama's policies against oil!!!

Solar panels and expensive efficiency windows can not make up for Obama's incompetent policies that bring the price of oil high!!!

During Bush there were liberal media interviewing the pain of paying $2.00 a gallon at a gas station. Where are they now at $4.00 a gallon?

Nowhere thereby confirming that we conservatives are right because the liberals are hypocrites!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Does the GOP need a religious retreat?

""It's no surprise that Florida Sen. Marco Rubio took heat for an interview he gave to GQ magazine this month: Departing from scientific consensus, the rising Republican star refused to state whether the Earth is billions of years old or a few thousand, as many fundamentalist Christians believe.

What no one expected was the rebuke from televangelist and longtime Christian conservative leader Pat Robertson, dismissing theories of a "young Earth."

"If you fight science, you are going to lose your children," Robertson said last week during an appearance on the Christian Broadcast Network, the television empire he founded three decades ago.

Robertson wasn't directly speaking to Rubio, but the senator and others in his party might heed the advice. Viewed by many voters as anti-science and too conservative on social issues such as gay marriage, the Republican Party is in danger of losing young and less religious voters for years to come.

In a post-election breakdown by the Public Religion Research Institute, the Obama religious coalition mirrors the demographics of 18-29 year olds, whereas Romney's mirrors those of voters aged 65 and up.

On Nov. 6, as President Barack Obama won a narrow but clear victory over Mitt Romney, voters in four states expressed support for gay marriage. Anti-abortion candidates lost in several states, including Senate contenders Todd Akin of Missouri and Richard Mourdock of Indiana, both of whom stirred outrage from their remarks on rape.

Many experts believe these developments point in part to a decisive shift in the religious makeup of the country, one that could make or break a GOP comeback.

"The way Republicans speak is turning off the youngest, fastest growing groups in the country—Latinos and significantly, the unchurched, those with no religious affiliation," said Mark Rozell, a public policy professor at George Mason University who studies religion and politics. "To them, the Republicans are proselytizing."

Since the 1980s, organizations like Focus on the Family, the Moral Majority and the Christian Coalition cemented religious conservatives as visible and potent force in the Republican coalition and enforced discipline on social issues such as abortion and gay rights. But now, the religious landscape is changing beneath their feet.

Studies suggest the number of unchurched has doubled in the past two decades and shot up by 25 percent in the last four years. The shift has taken place across the country and across economic classes, most notably among the young; one fifth of adults and one third of Americans under thirty now declare themselves religiously unaffiliated.

The new and expanding group of unchurched voters overwhelmingly support same sex-marriage and legal abortion, and so they gravitate toward the Democratic Party.

"It's clearly a concern—we have a lot of work to do," said Gary Marx, executive director of the Faith and Freedom Coalition, which worked to boost turnout among Catholics and evangelical voters.

The group, founded by conservative Christian activist Ralph Reed, helped deliver more religious voters to the polls this year than in 2008, but such efforts couldn't deliver a Romney victory.

In a press release following the election, Reed acknowledged that minorities and the young—and therefore, he might have added, the unchurched—made the difference for Obama.""

----------

Pretty sad when Pat Robertson sees the stupidity in the Republiclown's embrace of silly things like 'Creationism', but Republiclown leaders think it's a good idea to deny science with 'make believe' nonsense.

Oh yeah, God left all those dinosaur bones around to test your faith!!

ROFLMAO at nitwit ignorance
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
November was the best month for auto sales in the US since January 2008. The Detroit three all showed increases with Chrysler leading the way with a 14% gain over last year. The Asians also showed gains with Honda sales improving a whopping 38% over last November.
Obviously Obama's reelection bolstered consumer confidence.
Hurricane Sandy also had something to do with car sales in November.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
States with ‘abstinence-only’ sex ed programs rank highest in teen pregnancies

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/04/11/states-...

Step away from the right wing blogs/FOX.

Since: Nov 11

Westerville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>Post from Aphelion #815591;
"More losers clamboring for that which they did not have the intellect or the motivation to achieve themselves."
You're too ignorant to know how to spell "clamoring".
Mister Kettle, Mister Pot on line one.
Internet protocol: Do not accuse other of misspellings. Many word processors will spell check and change the intended word desired or will ignore its spelling. It is not appropriate to criticize the spelling on any electronic communication.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Gunner's back!! Too big a coward to come back as himself,he's hiding behind a sockpuppet.

There was nothing in the post you responded to about teens and contraceptives. It concerned the belief that most Americans hold that access to Birth Control is part of any standard health care plan.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••